Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

XYLOPAGUS
Aug 23, 2006
--the creator of awesome--

Synonamess Botch posted:

I don't know what it is but I'm crazy about old bugeye sport bikes. SRAD GSXR's, FZR's, they're just so dang good looking.

For you, I shall wash up my new-to-me 1997 FZR 600R in black/yellow/white with yellow wheels and post a pic. Just for you.

But only because we share sentiments on these loving sexy machines.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

After all that work I would be paralysed, unable to take the thing outside, let alone ride it. It might get dirty :(

Armyman25
Sep 6, 2005

Quite A Tool
Jul 4, 2004

The answer is... 42

MetaJew posted:

This is one of my favorite paint schemes. I think someone on here also owns one.

Aww man, that was mine. Sold it about a year ago because I wasn't allowed to have two bikes. Although now I think someone else is carrying the ridiculous paint scheme F2 torch.

I still miss it and I'll be looking to pick up another ultra-rad 90's bike in the future.

Quite A Tool fucked around with this message at 05:20 on Sep 15, 2013

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

Strange lookin rear swingarm here

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

BlackMK4 posted:

Strange lookin rear swingarm here

That looks like it should work really well, but I'll take a wild guess and say that it didn't.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Looks like "slack generator 9000"

Retarted Pimple
Jun 2, 2002

Someone's bike at Iron Pony in Columbus, OH.

Zool
Mar 21, 2005

The motard rap
for all my riders
at the track
Dirt hardpacked
corner workers better
step back

Slavvy posted:

That looks like it should work really well, but I'll take a wild guess and say that it didn't.

Don't you just hate how much your wheel base changes when your suspension compresses? This solves that massive problem.

Yerok
Jan 11, 2009
Found this R35 today by accident. I think I was looking up the "japanschrott nein danke" sticker and this came up in google images.

http://www.fotocommunity.de/pc/pc/display/25016907

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

Yerok posted:

Found this R35 today by accident. I think I was looking up the "japanschrott nein danke" sticker and this came up in google images.

http://www.fotocommunity.de/pc/pc/display/25016907

Every part on that bike is like something an engineer who had never seen a motorcycle would produce based on a description. Except the shovel seat, maybe.

What's this, a Seca or something?

HNasty
Jul 17, 2005

Video games are for children. Dr. Who, Sherlock and Community need to be canceled. Firefly sucked.

Everything you like is bad, everything I like is good and cool. I've had sex. I've stuck my big rod into a babe and it was good. There's proof I've had sex, where's yours ?
n8r let me ride his weird german ADV/SM bike, and since I am semi professional motorcycle rider, I did this to it

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

HNasty posted:

n8r let me ride his weird german ADV/SM bike, and since I am semi professional motorcycle rider, I did this to it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ytCEuuW2_A

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

Yerok posted:

Aerostich sells those, btw. I bought like 6 of them just on principle.

shacked up with Brenda
Mar 8, 2007

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

Aerostich sells those, btw. I bought like 6 of them just on principle.

Mine is stuck to my harley :smug:

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Covert Ops Wizard
Dec 27, 2006

Motorcycles are dangerous Mmmmmmmk?

Wear appropriate gear kids!

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Left the CE-approved t-shirt and flipflops at home?

Edit: that probably wasn't even that fast of a crash either, was it?

Slim Pickens fucked around with this message at 23:00 on Sep 16, 2013

Covert Ops Wizard
Dec 27, 2006

Slim Pickens posted:

Left the CE-approved t-shirt and flipflops at home?

Edit: that probably wasn't even that fast of a crash either, was it?

Two different crashes, leftmost one was probably around 30mph on the street and the other about 15 in the dirt. I slid mostly on my knee armor and boots in the left crash, and pretty much sunk into the dirt on the right. Ironically I was wearing dirt riding boots in the first crash, and street boots while riding dirt in the second. Sadly my street boots are not up to the task of keeping my foot from folding like a taco when 300lbs comes down on it.

Mister Duck
Oct 10, 2006
Fuck the goose
Finally got a little less lazy than normal and pieced together a lovely video of clips from my trip through Europe this summer. We went to the ring, Luxembourg, Austria, Italy, through Stelvio to Davos, Liechtenstein, Switzerland, back up through France to London. Was about 2600 miles and 7 days. I tried to get some interesting parts but I am not good at video editing, patience, and we're not the best riders to ever hop on bikes so it can be slow.

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B1v8ylH-DUWeUE53ajlvUkNpUE0/edit?usp=sharing

I am linking it through drive because I tossed music on that google will surely slap me for, so I hope this works. If anyone knows a way around that (I tried a whole bunch of time/pitch/noise pollution) which still works, let me know.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
A fellow Duc bro on a nearby road.
Duc bros :smug::hf::smug:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

Oh My......
:stare:

DefaultPeanut
Nov 4, 2006
What's not to like?
I rode a thing today. This thing:

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof

Linedance posted:

Y'all are so wrong, because the moSt RAD GSXR is this one:

like this guy?

btw... I wrecked the honda yesterday.
It looks like this now:

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

DefaultPeanut posted:

I rode a thing today. This thing:

And?

Covert Ops Wizard
Dec 27, 2006

Unremarkable, apparently :rimshot:

DefaultPeanut
Nov 4, 2006
What's not to like?

Covert Ops Wizard posted:

Unremarkable, apparently :rimshot:

For the area I was able to ride in, pretty much that. I could only ride it somewhat civil like on city streets instead of trying my hand at wearhouse parkour. Being a taller person, 6'1, the seat was the most notable low point. I had to sit behind the passenger strap to avoid having to hold myself from sliding to the tank and crush my nuts. Although, it does help the front wheel pop up in 2nd. The suspension is pretty terrible out of the box - the riding I did took me over some bumpy paved bits and you feel every one through your spine. The same bit of road feels a good bit better even on my YSR with 30wt fork oil. The clutch feels great and can be fed in slowly just as easily as being able to clutch up the front end. The 'power'plant is pretty lacking. 1st is good for almost nothing, 2nd and 3rd are very close together and 4th will (slowly) take you to around 80kph. That being said, the exhaust and intake are very small for being a 125. The CRF125, currently being made in China, has a larger exhaust head pipe and intake ID than the Grom.

That being said, once the aftermarket cranks up for these, I can see them turning into stellar little bikes with much better performance for power and suspension. In stock form, it would be a great bike for a larger downtown area with speeds under 80kph.

TEASE MY NECKBEARD
Jan 13, 2009
Maybe it's because I live in Texas, but those bikes have almost zero appeal to me. They aren't even that much cheaper than a real motorcycle right?

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

Post pics of horrible concept bieks.

ReelBigLizard
Feb 27, 2003

Fallen Rib

Coredump posted:

Post pics of horrible concept bieks.

OK

(Not actually conceptualised by Ferrari)

Voltage
Sep 4, 2004

MALT LIQUOR!

TEASE MY NECKBEARD posted:

Maybe it's because I live in Texas, but those bikes have almost zero appeal to me. They aren't even that much cheaper than a real motorcycle right?

Same price as a Ninja 250/CBR250! I could understand if these were $1,500 but for $3,000, no way José.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

I'd never buy a new one either, but used, I'd consider. Apparently the local Honda dealer cant even put them out on the floor they sell so fast, and they're backordered for months.

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

I'd never buy a new one either, but used, I'd consider. Apparently the local Honda dealer cant even put them out on the floor they sell so fast, and they're backordered for months.

My lady has expressed interest in riding motorcycles. With the new Honda we have a bike that has short seat height, light weight, low power, and non intimidating. All things my SO has expressed wanting in a motorcycle to learn on. Maybe the Grom might the "girlfriend mode" of motorcycles. :can:

ReelBigLizard
Feb 27, 2003

Fallen Rib
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j0IuSM75nIw

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

Coredump posted:

Maybe the Grom might the "girlfriend mode" of motorcycles. :can:

If that's the case they will be all over Craigslist by spring with light cosmetic damage for cheap. Sounds good to me. I'm looking forward to seeing what the aftermarket does with these as well, friend of mine who built a lot of custom Ruckus stuff ordered one to play with and said there is a lot of potential.

If I could get one cheap and get some more power out of it I'd think about picking one up. Being short and light makes it a bit more practicalI keep telling myself.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

ReelBigLizard posted:

OK

(Not actually conceptualised by Ferrari)

90% certain the person who knocked this together knows barely anything about bikes and thought a ferrari bike would look and be engineered like a ferrari car.

M42
Nov 12, 2012

Yeah, you'd slip right off if you tried to hang onto the tank with a knee down. Or wheelied. Or accelerated too fast.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

It also looks like a proboscis monkey.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Slavvy posted:

90% certain the person who knocked this together knows barely anything about bikes and thought a ferrari bike would look and be engineered like a ferrari car.

Then they still hosed up because that doesnt look like any Ferrari car other than the color

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

clutchpuck
Apr 30, 2004
ro-tard

M42 posted:

Yeah, you'd slip right off if you tried to hang onto the tank with a knee down. Or wheelied. Or accelerated too fast.

To be fair, this is what half of CA thinks about any bike.