Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
You guys remember when anne frank fanfic was funny and/or witty? Yeah, me either. :( Keeps posting, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
I liked Three Kings. There, I said it.

Oxford Comma
Jun 26, 2011
Oxford Comma: Hey guys I want a cool big dog to show off! I want it to be ~special~ like Thor but more couch potato-like because I got babbies in the house!
Everybody: GET A LAB.
Oxford Comma: OK! (gets a a pit/catahoula mix)
Why the hate on Three Kings? It was a solid heist film.

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008
Someone got you a obnoxiously racist av.
The only thing I remember about Three Kings is that the boat's MWR-issued 8mm copy was an obvious camrip and we couldn't tell what was special effects to look dark, gritty and shaky, and what was a side effect of the awful rip job.

Chronicles Of Riddick was even worse to the point of making people sick, especially if we were near the surface

NIGGER DEATH TURBO
Jul 4, 2013

by Lowtax

Wasabi the J posted:

I REDACT MY STATEMENT ABOUT JARHEAD AFTER RE-WATCHING IT CRITICALLY.

(Three Kings?)

literally gently caress your own face for lumping in three kings with hurt locker three kings loving owns

Nostalgia4ColdWar
May 7, 2007

Good people deserve good things.

Till someone lets the winter in and the dying begins, because Old Dark Places attract Old Dark Things.

Nostalgia4ColdWar fucked around with this message at 01:50 on Mar 31, 2017

Martello
Apr 29, 2012

by XyloJW
Dude it's anne frank fanfic, don't bother.

Nostalgia4ColdWar
May 7, 2007

Good people deserve good things.

Till someone lets the winter in and the dying begins, because Old Dark Places attract Old Dark Things.

Nostalgia4ColdWar fucked around with this message at 01:50 on Mar 31, 2017

Guesticles
Dec 21, 2009

I AM CURRENTLY JACKING OFF TO PICTURES OF MUTILATED FEMALE CORPSES, IT'S ALL VERY DEEP AND SOPHISTICATED BUT IT'S JUST TOO FUCKING HIGHBROW FOR YOU NON-MISOGYNISTS TO UNDERSTAND

:siren:P.S. STILL COMPLETELY DEVOID OF MERIT:siren:

gleep gloop posted:

When I was in basic (summer of 2007, I know drat whipper-snapper) the Drill Sergeants would say they only needed to give us four hours of sleep, but the little info packets that got handed out to us said when in the barracks we had to have the opportunity for eight a night and six in the field. Honestly we pretty much got that most of the time, sometimes training would run late, sometimes the DSs would just gently caress with us, but my battery at least didn't get sleep deprived basically at all in basic. Hell the day of the 20k we got up at our usual time, I think either 430 or 400, did some poo poo until about 2 or so, and then they let us rack out, on the floor next to our beds, for about two hours before we had to go march. We got babied compared to some people.

In basic Winter 2006, and this pretty much mirrors my experience: Lots of huffing and puffing about 4 hours, but after the first weekend, minimum of 6 hours rack time, usually 8. It also didn't help that our BCT company was injury prone.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

I watched Three Kings with our Iraqi translator and a local national in the ER one quiet night.

They were crying like hell for half the movie, and then our translator talked for a while about life under Saddam. poo poo was insane. It was like watching Schindler's List with a holocaust survivor.

nullscan
May 28, 2004

TO BE A BOSS YOU MUST HAVE HONOR! HONOR AND A PENIS!

Office Space should have been a movie about Air Force comm. Just make everyone wear shifty uniforms and it's pretty much spot on.

Admiral Bosch
Apr 19, 2007
Who is Admiral Aken Bosch, and what is that old scoundrel up to?

PLANES CURE TOWERS posted:

I watched Three Kings with our Iraqi translator and a local national in the ER one quiet night.

They were crying like hell for half the movie, and then our translator talked for a while about life under Saddam. poo poo was insane. It was like watching Schindler's List with a holocaust survivor.

I never got to deploy to Iraq. I realize this is sort of a broad question, but were most LNs that you talked to glad we came in?

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
Honestly what is a horribly inaccurate war movie that people take seriously? I know I'm missing something, but Hurt Locker is the most recent, most mentioned bullshit move that people ask about for reality checks.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
Major Dad

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Wasabi the J posted:

Honestly what is a horribly inaccurate war movie that people take seriously? I know I'm missing something, but Hurt Locker is the most recent, most mentioned bullshit move that people ask about for reality checks.

Crimson Tide. That move is so far from loving reality that all one can do is laugh at it.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Mr. Nice! posted:

Crimson Tide. That move is so far from loving reality that all one can do is laugh at it.

COB, confine this man to quarters and get my cigars. And the launch keys. Definitely going to need those.

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008
Someone got you a obnoxiously racist av.

Mr. Nice! posted:

Crimson Tide.

This one immediately sprung to mind. That Last Resort show struggled to be less accurate than this dreck.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Idiot boy got convicted, continues to dig that hole ever so deeper.

quote:

Wendell Greene’s defense attorney on Wednesday said the pre-teen sisters who accused his client of sexually assaulting them in the summer of 2012 are jealous of each other, starved for attention and habitual liars who can’t be trusted.

quote:

The older sister “told her mother that Greene ‘told me I tasted yummy,’” Stumme said of the girls account of Greene licking her vaginal area. “Is that reasonable (that she would make up that level of detail)? Or does it only come from suffering through that action?”

Stumme also repeated Greene’s own words, when asked by St. Louis County social service investigator Andrew Fena if Green had touched the girl’s vagina.

“Probably. Yes sir,” Greene responded on the audiotaped interview that jurors heard earlier this week.

movax
Aug 30, 2008

Wasabi the J posted:

Starship Troopers

Casimir Radon posted:

Idiot boy got convicted, continues to dig that hole ever so deeper.

Ugggggh gently caress I threw up in my mouth a little.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

movax posted:

Ugggggh gently caress I threw up in my mouth a little.
We thought he was a creep before any of this came out last June.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

were the eighties that hosed up or is IDR now a cold war vet

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Admiral Bosch posted:

I never got to deploy to Iraq. I realize this is sort of a broad question, but were most LNs that you talked to glad we came in?

If they weren't they didn't say it to us. Which is probably pretty smart.

NIGGER DEATH TURBO
Jul 4, 2013

by Lowtax
how realistic is down periscope? like fairly realistic, or basically a documentary?

Fister Ardennes
Apr 25, 2008

War is not the answer but it sure is fun

friend of the family DEATH TURBO posted:

how realistic is down periscope? like fairly realistic, or basically a documentary?

I think it's pretty realistic: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fqts74xfyvc

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

friend of the family DEATH TURBO posted:

The mission itself isn't close to real life. The people, though? Almost perfect.

Aximus
Aug 18, 2010

RichieHimself posted:

I've never come across any EOD guys that say Hurt Locker is even remotely accurate, and almost everyone in the military as a whole recognized it as a fantasy piece of poo poo. Hurt Locker could've been an awesome story if they went more of a Jarhead route instead of a James Bond 3 man wrecking crew disarming bombs and getting sick head shots with sniper rifles.

Every EOD tech that have seen that movie hate it with a burning passion. I'm waiting till I graduate to watch it, but from what I've heard, its completely ridiculous and should be completely ignored.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Aximus posted:

Every EOD tech that have seen that movie hate it with a burning passion. I'm waiting till I graduate to watch it, but from what I've heard, its completely ridiculous and should be completely ignored.
The Hurt Locker is poo poo, but it's a marked improvement over Blown Away.

Oxford Comma
Jun 26, 2011
Oxford Comma: Hey guys I want a cool big dog to show off! I want it to be ~special~ like Thor but more couch potato-like because I got babbies in the house!
Everybody: GET A LAB.
Oxford Comma: OK! (gets a a pit/catahoula mix)

Casimir Radon posted:

The Hurt Locker is poo poo, but it's a marked improvement over Blown Away.

What about Speed?

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

In reality, bus drivers are shot if they go over 25 miles an hour.

I've heard both Executive Decision and Air Force One pretty accurately describe the presidency though.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Best Friends posted:

I've heard both Executive Decision and Air Force One pretty accurately describe the presidency though.

They're both also pretty awesome

Steezo
Jun 16, 2003
Now go away, or I shall taunt you a second time!

Mr. Nice! posted:

The mission itself isn't close to real life. The people, though? Almost perfect.

My dad was surface navy an I think it's his favorite navy movie, he keeps a copy on the same shelf as run silent run deep an flight of the intruder. He was a ship driver on the Manatee...

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Das Boot

Wild T
Dec 15, 2008

The point I'm trying to make is that the only way to come out on top is to kick the Air Force in the nuts, beart it savagely with a weight and take a dump on it's face.

Best Friends posted:

In reality, bus drivers are shot if they go over 25 miles an hour.

Executive Decision also contains the finest acting job Steven Seagal has ever done because he dies like five minutes in and stops being in the movie.

Platoon is the best military movie. It's supposedly pretty Vietnam because Oliver Stone was dumb and Vietnammed himself as infantry because he thought it would give him poor cred (and he calls his Mary Sue a dumbass the whole movie for that). Whatever, it's also the most perfect picture of the military ever captured on film. Every enlisted guy is either a dirtbag malingerer, an idiot borderline psychotic redneck or a quasi-capable dude who stopped giving a gently caress a long time ago. Either way, no one gives a gently caress about doing their job well and cares more about their standing inside their little retarded social circle. Every officer is a either a detached little bitch over his head or a somewhat capable levelheaded dude who gets told 'no' by command over everything and dies. In the end the whole thing is a bunch of unit drama with everyone playing the Mommy/Daddy game and sucking off their favorite NCO. All that poo poo, plus Keith David. Platoon loving rules.

Wild T fucked around with this message at 13:15 on Sep 20, 2013

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
In the Army Now is the most accurate depiction of IET I have seen.

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Wasabi the J posted:

In the Army Now is the most accurate depiction of IET I have seen.

I see what you mean.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ObntvRcKMrE

NIGGER DEATH TURBO
Jul 4, 2013

by Lowtax

lol

Caconym
Feb 12, 2013

That was on repeat after 2 a.m. at every party in the last few months of highschool before our conscription began.
But that was with the original lyrics below, not this... thing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e7H-63vMo9A

There was a distinct lack of listening to the lyrics though. "Nobody knows that you've left for good". Yeah, party! Woo!
Better then with those who were placed in the navy who played "In the Navy" all night instead. :v:

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Best sub movie ever, find the uncut version if you can.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!

anne frank fanfic posted:

You killed a man and your post was long and boring too and kept going on and on and it was real bad. And you killed a man in real life or like to make it seem like you did by typing about how you killed a man on the internet.

did the thread title confuse you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

whatspeakyou
Mar 3, 2010

no fucks given.

GD_American posted:

did the thread title confuse you

Nope he's right where he needs to be, apparently.