Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sex excellence
Feb 19, 2011

Satisfaction Guranteed
A two-fer DayZ Grief involving seinfeld and teleportation:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UvvO4jFby4Q

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013

Improbable Lobster posted:

I like that this is such a regular occurrence that there are 7 videos of it.
"I just want to play a game! PIN MATTS FACE ON MY FACE!"

I'd watch a film about a serial killer during a zombie apocolypse.

Seven? It only goes to part 4.

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

All I wanna do is make you bounce
If you check out the related videos, there are 7 all told.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Thumbtacks posted:

Seven? It only goes to part 4.
Check the related videos on part 4.

sleeptalker
Feb 17, 2011

Part 6 is especially worth watching:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=89ppOS_wPT4

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
They didn't show up on my phone for some reason, but I'm glad there are more.

And yeah, I'm almost positive that's Chozo. Sounds exactly like him.

Slanderer
May 6, 2007

Ragequit posted:

This was posted in the YouTube thread, but it definitely belongs here as well. Crazy man stalking in DayZ. There are four seven parts:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6e4pO0sQz94

This was amazing, especially the ending of part 4. I really did not expect that.

Orv
May 4, 2011
Those psychopath videos are art, really. :allears:

Tony Phillips
Feb 9, 2006

Dylan-D posted:

A two-fer DayZ Grief involving seinfeld and teleportation:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UvvO4jFby4Q

Straying from the griefing realm, but another from the same guy. (The Seinfeld trivia part, not the teleportation hack.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5NO-P9tucGg

It's a goon, and he has the best hyperactive gacked out on coke voice ever. Probably my favorite DayZ video ever.

Edit: VVV No idea. Used to post in one of the DayZ threads, but I'm not sure who it is.

Tony Phillips fucked around with this message at 19:23 on Sep 17, 2013

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

Beatnik-Filmstar posted:

It's a goon, and he has the best hyperactive gacked out on coke voice ever.

Who is that? Dude sounds like the personification of cocaine.
Have him try the psychopath chase thing.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Now I want to see Esteban Winsmore chased by the DayZ Psychopath for hours :smith:

edit: those legs look like they slow you down matt why don't you let me CUT THEM OFF MAAAATTT MAAATTT :D jesus christ

Blackheart fucked around with this message at 19:26 on Sep 17, 2013

masam
May 27, 2010
I literally stole his lines and used them last night in a DnD game as I was chasing down an NPC. I think I frightened our GM.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013

Beatnik-Filmstar posted:

Straying from the griefing realm, but another from the same guy. (The Seinfeld trivia part, not the teleportation hack.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5NO-P9tucGg

It's a goon, and he has the best hyperactive gacked out on coke voice ever. Probably my favorite DayZ video ever.

Edit: VVV No idea. Used to post in one of the DayZ threads, but I'm not sure who it is.

Jesus christ, that guy. :stare:

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

masam posted:

I literally stole his lines and used them last night in a DnD game as I was chasing down an NPC. I think I frightened our GM.

I'M GONNA WEAR YOU LIKE A CONDOM has definitely entered my gaming lexicon.

jerichojx
Oct 21, 2010
Glorious. It certainly would have more impact if he actually succeeded in murdering Matt everytime.

Video 6 was hilarious. He really played it pitch perfect.

regulargonzalez
Aug 18, 2006
UNGH LET ME LICK THOSE BOOTS DADDY HULU ;-* ;-* ;-* YES YES GIVE ME ALL THE CORPORATE CUMMIES :shepspends: :shepspends: :shepspends: ADBLOCK USERS DESERVE THE DEATH PENALTY, DON'T THEY DADDY?
WHEN THE RICH GET RICHER I GET HORNIER :a2m::a2m::a2m::a2m:

Path of Exile is an arpg in the Diablo 2 vein, complete with Hardcore mode (you die, you're dropped from the hardcore league). Unlike Diablo 2, there's no open world pvp, and what official pvp there is, is in a separate arena that has no effect on your hardcore status, win or lose. Plus, unlike D2 you have an invulnerability timer if you go into a new zone. That makes kill griefing much more difficult than in D2 where even aside from hacks like TPPK, you could TP them into packs of gloams or cows or just duel.

However, grief finds a way. There's a mid-act set of bandit bosses that are fairly tough. You have to kill at least two of them, but the ones you choose to kill vary based on what quest reward you want to get -- so, as you go up to them, you get a dialog asking if you're helping that bandit or killing him/her. All other players can see this message, but as soon as the last person chooses the fight starts (assuming at least one player in the group chose to fight). The trick is, if everyone in the group chooses to fight and you choose to help, you're on the npc bandits side and have free reign to kill those players who are trying to kill the bandit. Just have to choose last so that no one else sees what you're planning.

First couple seconds of this video show that dialog, the rest is a guy killing off lots of players via this method.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oNgSjKLTfSE

Depending on what difficulty you do this in, it can be anywhere from 2 - 30 hours of levelling instantly destroyed.

regulargonzalez fucked around with this message at 14:43 on Sep 18, 2013

Tubba Blubba
Jul 14, 2011

regulargonzalez posted:

Wonderful things.

That's actually really funny to see in action.

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

regulargonzalez posted:

Depending on what difficulty you do this in, it can be anywhere from 2 - 30 hours of levelling instantly destroyed.

Haha, oh man the comments on this video. People are seriously pissed.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

regulargonzalez posted:

The use of South Park clips was hilarious. I love it when griefing videos revel in their effect.

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

The cheesy brain-dead "here's your local forecast" music is a really nice touch.

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Frog Assassin posted:

The cheesy brain-dead "here's your local forecast" music is a really nice touch.

You saying Nujabes is cheesy? :colbert:

Edit:
I'm so stealing that psycho guy's routine.

MizPiz fucked around with this message at 03:51 on Sep 19, 2013

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free
That was beautiful.

Giggily posted:

Haha, oh man the comments on this video. People are seriously pissed.

For real, I love people who are all PLAY SERIOUS OR I WANT YOU TO LITERALLY DIE IN REAL LIFE IN A PAINFUL MANNER RARGH VIDEO GAMES

e. and the music owned too

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Basically just a baby in a trenchcoat.

jerichojx posted:

Glorious. It certainly would have more impact if he actually succeeded in murdering Matt everytime.

Video 6 was hilarious. He really played it pitch perfect.

I was partial to video 3 where he's just rolling around on the ground screeching "My legs!" trying to dodge this guy's hatchet because his legs are broken. Such a DayZ moment. :v:

Novum
May 26, 2012

That's how we roll
I've been trying to find a super long video of DayZ (I think) where this one guy is getting hounded by some hacker who's just menacing him and generally acting ghostly. I remember trucks spawning and disappearing before killing the guy and eventually he placates the ghost with some Mountain Dew. It was magical and if someone's got a link that'd be great.

McScumbag
Jun 30, 2012
FRONT LINE SOLDIER IN THE FIGHT FOR MEN'S RIGHTS

reddit 4 eva
I know this is a mostly video game discussion, but does tabletop count?

I will give a story, if its terrible, please say so. I have tons of tabletop griefing stories.

Edit: Holy gently caress that story is longer than I thought it would be. Short version is at the very bottom, detailed version is in the actual story.

My first story takes us into the world of Battletech. This happened recently.

At the local game store I play, we have a battletech campaign going on. In this we are playing Clans vs. Inner Sphere. Its about even between players, and I chose to be an Inner Sphere player. In this most people have chosen to be different Houses for IS players, or to represent Clans for the Clan players. Since there were no houses left, mine are painted up as a mercenary unit, so I chose that, but limited to IS tech and mechs.
In this campaign, people get really into it, but most realize its just a game. You know we jokingly trade insults between IS and Clan players, but are friends for the most part after.

Then there is this one guy. Lets call him Bill.
Bill is the ultimate neckbeard. He plays Warhammer 40K, Warhammer Fantasy, and Battletech, amongst other games. He is one of those that will argue that your marines are not properly colored, and will comment, quite loudly, that you are using a non-tournament, inefficient build, even in a friendly game where you're just testing something out. While I have nothing against powergaming, he is the ultimate powergamer neckbeard. He switches to new armies in all these games any time a new army or book comes out, making another army a little stronger.

And I got matched up against him. Now Bill is a massive Clan fan. He has read all the Battletech books. And every time he plays, he practically roleplays being a Clan pilot. He gets vein poppingly mad if other people using clan mechs don't follow their stupid pretend rules, such as fighting only one mech on one mech. Basically some kind of stupid honor system they have in the Battletech stories.

So he spends all day when I get there a couple hours before our match, saying how he is going to defeat me. Even issues his stupid challenge, saying 'one mech on one, ok?'. Turns out Im defending a city map, and if he wins he takes the capitol of this region the IS had been defending. Losing it meant a major step in victory in the campaign for the Clanners.

I agree to his lovely challenge, then realize as we are setting up, I don't have to follow his poo poo. I play Inner Sphere! So I watch as he sets up his only mech, a Dire Wolf with his elite "Self-insert pilot" he had built up that had perfect piloting and gunnery skills. He places his one mech on the map, and asks me where Im setting up, to face him in his challenge. Part of the clan challenges is their mechs basically just walk out and have a slug match, hiding is for cowards to them. This gives him a huge advantage when his mech has 4 large lasers, 4 medium pulse lasers, and an AC/20.
He is starting to get pissed at this point, because I tell him he is going to have to find my mech to shoot it. I have my mech hidden in the building. He walks forward, then bam, he gets shot from an AC/20. When he finds the mech that shot him? Its an urbanmech.

For reference, an Urbanmech is a 30 ton light mech. Its slower than most heavy mechs. It has almost no armor. But its cheap. And it has a AC/20, which is a massive loving cannon. He kills it next turn, claiming he 'won the challenge', walks closer to the capitol building...and bam, another AC/20.

At this point he is mad, calling me a cheater, saying I did not follow his challenge, to which I respond "Im not a Clanner. I dont have to follow that crap."
This continues for several more turns. Him stepping amongst the buildings of the city a few steps, getting slammed once or twice by an AC/20, before he manages to blow up the Urbanmech shooting him. After the fourth is dead, his mech is trashed with arms missing and most of the armor ripped off. His face is bright red, and every time he rolls dice he is slamming the dice into the table. Finally he gets to the building...only for an Urbanmech to once more step out, and blow the head off his mech with a lucky shot, killing the pilot.

Furious, Bill demands to see my sheet that has the printout for what mechs I had in total. To fight his elite, amazing, expensive as gently caress clan mech, I had taken 8 Urbanmechs, with normal pilots in them. He hasn't tried any of that clan challenge bullshit ever since :v:

The short version? Bill the Neckbeard spends all day bragging about how superior Clan mechs are, tries to show off using a single best mech he has with a self-insert pilot. Several of the cheapest, weakest mechs gang up and beat him, killing his self-insert pilot.

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

What are you gonna do, dance with me?

Novum posted:

I've been trying to find a super long video of DayZ (I think) where this one guy is getting hounded by some hacker who's just menacing him and generally acting ghostly. I remember trucks spawning and disappearing before killing the guy and eventually he placates the ghost with some Mountain Dew. It was magical and if someone's got a link that'd be great.

It is great. Here http://www.twitch.tv/evilthebadger/b/327927504

Dirk the Average
Feb 7, 2012

"This may have been a mistake."

McScumbag posted:

The short version? Bill the Neckbeard spends all day bragging about how superior Clan mechs are, tries to show off using a single best mech he has with a self-insert pilot. Several of the cheapest, weakest mechs gang up and beat him, killing his self-insert pilot.

Ah, it's always hilarious to beat people like that. I would definitely be up for hearing more tabletop gaming stories.

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

Dirk the Average posted:

Ah, it's always hilarious to beat people like that. I would definitely be up for hearing more tabletop gaming stories.

There's actually a thread in Traditional Games that's all about the best/worst games you've been in and they're pretty much all either super cool or griefing somebody.

McScumbag
Jun 30, 2012

reddit 4 eva
Well if its liked, then time for Story 2, this one I promise will be shorter.

Again in the battletech campaign, this one a couple of months ago. Inner Sphere vs. Clan of course.

As I said before, the Clanners like to really get into how they act in the books, with their sense of honor in warfare and Space Bushido. Inner Sphere see was as you would in World War II, or the Vietnam war. Which is "Im going to make the other sonofabitch die and I dont care how"

So get a lucky roll on the detection of a clan invasion fleet incoming. Usually enemies just appear for the ground combat, because its hard to detect the ships. More developed worlds can detect inbound ships. Still usually there isnt much you can do. Ground things cant hit space things. But they still have to get the mechs to the ground from space. This is done using a dropship.

Dropships are huge spaceships that basically drop pod into the atmosphere, and land. They have a good bit of armor. They have tons of guns. And they carry inside entire squadrons of mechs. They can act as HQs usually.

Well after a good roll on a base we set up in game to be able to detect inbound dropships, I take a lance in the campaign mission. We decide, after talking to the clan guy who I would have to play against, that he would have to actually use the rules to land his dropship. Now attacking dropships is highly dishonorable to the clans.

So his dropship is coming in, expecting to land, step out with a few mechs, and blast the inner sphere guys that are on the ground waiting to challenge them. If I use any of my usual Inner Sphere dickery, he will just blast me with the dropship. He doesn't notice Im a couple a couple thousand points short in points value and didnt bring anything over a 50 ton mech. He thinks it will just be an easy victory...

Except as his dropship lands, suddenly several fighters swoop in, unleash a torrent of lasers, missiles, and PPC fire, and swoop off while the mechs on the ground just stare up and laugh.

What did I do? Those spare points were spent not on mechs, but on fighter craft. They got to the battlefield, and shot out the engines on the dropship, causing it to plummet like a rock. My reply to him: "You wanted me to fight at your landing zone? That's loving retarded."

I guess I have no Space Honor :v:

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

McScumbag posted:

I read the whole thing and it sounds amazing. If the mods are cool with it I'd love to hear more tabletop griefing as they can be more spazzy than video game players.

-Zydeco-
Nov 12, 2007

death .cab for qt posted:

There's actually a thread in Traditional Games that's all about the best/worst games you've been in and they're pretty much all either super cool or griefing somebody.

Got a link? I just searched through and found nothing. I'm probably looking for the wrong name.

thekimjong-illest
May 8, 2007
Is this your homework Larry?

McScumbag posted:

Well if its liked, then time for Story 2, this one I promise will be shorter.

Again in the battletech campaign, this one a couple of months ago. Inner Sphere vs. Clan of course.

As I said before, the Clanners like to really get into how they act in the books, with their sense of honor in warfare and Space Bushido. Inner Sphere see was as you would in World War II, or the Vietnam war. Which is "Im going to make the other sonofabitch die and I dont care how"

So get a lucky roll on the detection of a clan invasion fleet incoming. Usually enemies just appear for the ground combat, because its hard to detect the ships. More developed worlds can detect inbound ships. Still usually there isnt much you can do. Ground things cant hit space things. But they still have to get the mechs to the ground from space. This is done using a dropship.

Dropships are huge spaceships that basically drop pod into the atmosphere, and land. They have a good bit of armor. They have tons of guns. And they carry inside entire squadrons of mechs. They can act as HQs usually.

Well after a good roll on a base we set up in game to be able to detect inbound dropships, I take a lance in the campaign mission. We decide, after talking to the clan guy who I would have to play against, that he would have to actually use the rules to land his dropship. Now attacking dropships is highly dishonorable to the clans.

So his dropship is coming in, expecting to land, step out with a few mechs, and blast the inner sphere guys that are on the ground waiting to challenge them. If I use any of my usual Inner Sphere dickery, he will just blast me with the dropship. He doesn't notice Im a couple a couple thousand points short in points value and didnt bring anything over a 50 ton mech. He thinks it will just be an easy victory...

Except as his dropship lands, suddenly several fighters swoop in, unleash a torrent of lasers, missiles, and PPC fire, and swoop off while the mechs on the ground just stare up and laugh.

What did I do? Those spare points were spent not on mechs, but on fighter craft. They got to the battlefield, and shot out the engines on the dropship, causing it to plummet like a rock. My reply to him: "You wanted me to fight at your landing zone? That's loving retarded."

I guess I have no Space Honor :v:

Erhem, it's zellbrigen as far as the clans stupid one on one fighting is concerned and we in the word of lowtax salute you good sir. There is nothing like using e-bushido against an opponent and you are an examplar of that.

Red Metal
Oct 23, 2012

Let me tell you about Homestuck

Fun Shoe

-Zydeco- posted:

Got a link? I just searched through and found nothing. I'm probably looking for the wrong name.

Good, Bad, I'm the one with the Cat-Piss: Notable Gaming Experiences

jerichojx
Oct 21, 2010

McScumbag posted:

Battletech Griefing

Hey, next time you do this. Please film it. Because it would have been amazing to see some goon meltdowns.

Actually, anyone can recommend videos about this tabletop? I would love to watch and see more.

McScumbag
Jun 30, 2012

reddit 4 eva

jerichojx posted:

Hey, next time you do this. Please film it. Because it would have been amazing to see some goon meltdowns.

Actually, anyone can recommend videos about this tabletop? I would love to watch and see more.

Well there is the battletech cartoon from the early 90's...

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

Constable Lemon posted:

A great new glitch in TF2 has recently been discovered that involves making your duel partner your coach. It leads to some interesting map clipping, allowing stuff like building Sentry Guns under the map.

Better get your fill of this exploit in now, because I'm sure Valve will release a patch any day now.

It all comes full circle. Map clipping was one of the bugs I remember from the earliest days of TF2, and people would do exactly that with the sentries. Might as well post the old classic TF2 videos while we're at it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPoKaoJu0m4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JUPzN7tp7bQ

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
Both those tabletop stories were brilliant, and if the mods were okay, I'd be happy to read more.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

icantfindaname posted:

It all comes full circle. Map clipping was one of the bugs I remember from the earliest days of TF2, and people would do exactly that with the sentries. Might as well post the old classic TF2 videos while we're at it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPoKaoJu0m4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JUPzN7tp7bQ
You know at some point you think they'd just add death or teleport-to-spawn fields in areas that are supposed to be behind impassible walls.

President Ark
May 16, 2010

:iiam:
Oh my god the videos of the streamer playing dayZ being chased by a psychopath screaming at him have me in loving tears.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

McScumbag posted:

battletech campaign

These stories own so much :allears:

I've been getting into playing Battletech, but in the simulator pods, not the pen and paper/tabletop version. Of course, most of our games end up much less elegant and coordinated than the tabletop version sounds like, and it ends up being giant robot mosh-pitting. :v: Always wanted to get into the tabletop version, and I'd love to hear more stories. If not here, I'mma have to check out the trad games thread.

• Locked thread