Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

caligulamprey posted:

Roger Corman had the rights to the name and had released a movie under the title around the same time. Bringing both Bill Paxton and Bill Pullman together in the same movie that I never actually bothered to watch.

You should bother to watch it because it's actually pretty good. I mean, it's pretty predictable but it's like a schlocky version of Jacob's Ladder and it's really entertaining.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hewlett
Mar 4, 2005

"DANCE! DANCE! DANCE!"

Also, drink
and watch movies.
That's fun too.

Is that dude just jerking himself off? It kind of looks like the Korean version of the early scenes of American Beauty.

Frionnel
May 7, 2010

Friends are what make testing worth it.

Robert Denby posted:

Guess the poster designer for "Cloud Atlas" got some more work. Same composition, except the lens flare is on the bottom of the poster as opposed to the top. The movie is called "The Physician" in English.

Ben Kingsley as Avicenna? Oh man, I'll be looking forward to this. :dance:

Frionnel fucked around with this message at 19:24 on Sep 22, 2013

eminkey2003
Oct 11, 2009
We really need an emoticon for the Dreamworks face. :smug: just isn't enough.

FOR FRIG'S SAKE, EVEN THE STUPID GRANDMA'S DOING IT

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
The only thing more annoying than that face is the people constantly bitching about that face.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

feedmyleg posted:

The only thing more annoying than that face is the people constantly bitching about that face.

Just be grateful that their faces aren't one half blue and one half orange.

Slasherfan
Dec 2, 2003
IS IT WRONG THAT I ONCE WROTE A HORROR STORY ABOUT THE BUDDIES? YOU KNOW, THE TALKING PUPPIES?
I can't find a downloadable picture but someone put no effort into the Police Academy Blu Ray Box Set at all.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Police-Academy-The-Complete-Collection-Blu-ray/dp/B00F40UBM8

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Slasherfan posted:

I can't find a downloadable picture but someone put no effort into the Police Academy Blu Ray Box Set at all.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Police-Academy-The-Complete-Collection-Blu-ray/dp/B00F40UBM8

Haha, what? There's so many things you could have pulled from to, like the original movie poster.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

God now how will I impress my friends when they see my Police Academy box set?

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
There's a seventh?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Hadn't they already lost just about everyone from the original cast by 4?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

muscles like this? posted:

Hadn't they already lost just about everyone from the original cast by 4?

Oh you know Wikipedia's got you covered...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Police_Academy_cast_members

3 actors were in every movie. 2 of those 3 were also in the series (though apparently only one was a regular.)

Sheldrake
Jul 19, 2006

~pettin in the park~

Lobok posted:

What, they're Bears fans? That would be horrible.

Aphrodite posted:

3 actors were in every movie. 2 of those 3 were also in the series (though apparently only one was a regular.)

This is highly addictive.

Strasburgs UCL
Jul 28, 2009

Hang in there little buddy

Aphrodite posted:

This is one of those things that you see and you just wonder how and why it came about. What type of person does this? Are they some kind of ultra goon? Or is has this become the secret life of normal Americans? Does somebody get home after a long day of work, kick up their feet and say, "I think I'll create a table on the appearances of the major characters of Police Academy across all its incarnations." Baffling.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
I think the last one I saw was City Under Siege. I can't tell you a drat thing about it now, though. It's really an odd movie series. The first one was sort of a lame, raunchy version of Stripes. It had boobs and blow jobs. What made them decide to turn the series into a kid friendly family movies?

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

OneThousandMonkeys posted:

God now how will I impress my friends when they see my Police Academy box set?

:iceburn:

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Joe Don Baker posted:

I think the last one I saw was City Under Siege. I can't tell you a drat thing about it now, though. It's really an odd movie series. The first one was sort of a lame, raunchy version of Stripes. It had boobs and blow jobs. What made them decide to turn the series into a kid friendly family movies?

Also looking at that list its amazing how quickly they franchised the series considering how it became a yearly series for quite a while after the first one.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Slasherfan posted:

The original lettering is iconic as gently caress in my mind, and I understand that you want to sell it to someone with no connection to the 80's by slapping Appealing Generic Comedy Font on the front, but who except those with extreme nostalgia would buy the bluray box set?

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

effectual posted:

There's a seventh?

Oh yeah, Mission to Moscow. I remember that one. (no I don't)

Sheldrake
Jul 19, 2006

~pettin in the park~

Lotish posted:

It has Claire Forlani and Ron Perlman, I think. It's not very good.

Not as bad as City Under Siege, though, because nothing is.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Lobok posted:

New Mondo poster for Brave:

Shanty
Nov 7, 2005

I Love Dogs

eminkey2003 posted:

We really need an emoticon for the Dreamworks face. :smug: just isn't enough.

FOR FRIG'S SAKE, EVEN THE STUPID GRANDMA'S DOING IT

Only by the longest stretch of the imagination is any character in this cover doing "the Dreamworks face". I mean what the gently caress is the definition at this point when any of this counts? "Smiling, has eyebrows"? I'll grant you MAYBE the dad(?), but even he's more :q:

Hbomberguy
Jul 4, 2009

[culla=big red]TufFEE did nO THINg W̡RA̸NG[/read]

Could've been worse.

The Dreamworks face is really hard to pull off on a premade image sorry guys

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Don't be such a squid, bro
Don't you ever apologize for creating something beautiful.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Sheldrake posted:

It has Claire Forlani and Ron Perlman, I think. It's not very good.

Not as bad as City Under Siege, though, because nothing is.
Somehow Christopher Lee was in the Moscow one.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Lotish posted:

I remembered that it existed.

I also know that I saw Assignment Miami Beach in the theater. :smithicide:

Veib
Dec 10, 2007

FlamingLiberal posted:

Somehow Christopher Lee was in the Moscow one.

Well, when you act in almost 300 movies during your career there's bound to be poo poo here and there.

A loooot of poo poo.

Also I just noticed that IMDB's "known for" movies for Lee are two LotR movies and two Star Wars movies. Like, not even a Dracula movie in there? That's terrible.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Michael Winslow, a guy whose unique voice talents you would think could translate well to the Police Academy animated series, was not in it.

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW

Harlock posted:

Michael Winslow, a guy whose unique voice talents you would think could translate well to the Police Academy animated series, was not in it.

The animated series should have been Winslow voicing everyone and everything.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Paper Jam Dipper posted:

The animated series should have been Winslow voicing everyone and everything.

Yeah, Frank Welker did it, Winslow could've easily done that.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Veib posted:

Well, when you act in almost 300 movies during your career there's bound to be poo poo here and there.

A loooot of poo poo.

Also I just noticed that IMDB's "known for" movies for Lee are two LotR movies and two Star Wars movies. Like, not even a Dracula movie in there? That's terrible.

Lee doesn't want to be remembered just for playing Dracula when he's played so many other roles, and he freely admits he's made a lot of bad movies for the money.

Everyone needs to read Lee's autobiography. Make sure you get the later edition, Lord of Misrule, which adds chapters about the last 20 years to the original text of Tall, Dark and Gruesome.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Shanty posted:

Only by the longest stretch of the imagination is any character in this cover doing "the Dreamworks face". I mean what the gently caress is the definition at this point when any of this counts? "Smiling, has eyebrows"? I'll grant you MAYBE the dad(?), but even he's more :q:

There's this montage of Dreamworks posters that gets posted to show the 'typical' Dreamworks face and they honestly nearly all look different to me. I am seeing it in the dad and girl though.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

Jedit posted:

Lee doesn't want to be remembered just for playing Dracula when he's played so many other roles, and he freely admits he's made a lot of bad movies for the money.

Everyone needs to read Lee's autobiography. Make sure you get the later edition, Lord of Misrule, which adds chapters about the last 20 years to the original text of Tall, Dark and Gruesome.

He has an autobiography? poo poo, I'm gonna have to read the gently caress out of that.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

You can only read it in his voice. Otherwise you're doing it wrong.

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;
...whilst listening to his death metal album.

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

Shoehead posted:

He has an autobiography? poo poo, I'm gonna have to read the gently caress out of that.

Please someone tell me there's an audiobook of it read by him himself.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Jedit posted:

Yeah I think Ron Perlman is the same way in that he'll do any role for the right price.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Jedit posted:

He was Dr. Fu Manchu for crying out loud. And not even a "good" Fu Manchu movie; he's in the one where they spend the whole movie filming in some of the most iconic architecture in the world in Barcelona and trying to pass it off as Istanbul.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Antti posted:

Please someone tell me there's an audiobook of it read by him himself.

I expect not, because if there was, that would be what everyone in the world would be listening to all the time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.

davidspackage posted:

There's this montage of Dreamworks posters that gets posted to show the 'typical' Dreamworks face and they honestly nearly all look different to me. I am seeing it in the dad and girl though.

The "classic" dreamworks face is specifically a LOPSIDED grin with ONE raised eyebrow while staring straight into the camera. One corner of the mouth definitely has to be significantly higher than the other and the raised brow has to be unmistakable and deliberate.

is a particularly egregious example. I totally agree that accusations of dreamworksface are often unfounded or flimsy, but it most certainly exists.