Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

Josh Lyman posted:

I'm not sure where to ask this, but considering the inaction in the wake of Sandy Hook, will we only get gun reform if someone kills Wayne LaPierre and/or his wife/daughter at an NRA meeting?

You'll get to see a picture of what someone looks like after being vaporized by gunfire*

*I have no idea what an NRA meeting is actually like.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Generic American
Mar 15, 2012

I love my Peng

Josh Lyman posted:

I'm not sure where to ask this, but considering the inaction in the wake of Sandy Hook, will we only get gun reform if someone kills Wayne LaPierre and/or his wife/daughter at an NRA meeting?

The answer is more guns. Always more guns. Even if you didn't ask the question, the answer is still more guns. If Wayne LaPierre suddenly swapped sides on the issue due to a personal tragedy, the people who liked him before would stop liking him and the people who didn't like him would probably only mention him in passing as a footnote.

CarterUSM
Mar 17, 2004
Cornfield aviator

Tender Bender posted:

Yeah, certain people literally think "Freedom of religion" means "Everyone has to follow my religion". Everything that happens that doesn't further solidify the United States as a zealous branch of the Catholic Church is perceived as infringing on Christian rights. I was nearly thrown out of my mother's house on Easter for saying I didn't think it was a "slap in the face" that Google didn't put a picture of Jesus Christ on their homepage (look up this "controversy" if you missed it, it's pretty amazing).

During the whole "employer-provided health care contraception" kerfluffle, one of the local Catholic hospitals had a bunch of employees sporting that "RELIGIOUS LIBERTY: PROTECT IT" bumper sticker showing the Statue of Liberty holding a cross instead of a torch.

I wonder if they had the faintest idea how that symbolism probably looked to the Jews, Muslims, Hindus, Sikhs, etc. with which they worked.

Edit: the bumper sticker in question:

CarterUSM fucked around with this message at 13:15 on Sep 24, 2013

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

I'm something of a fucking idiot myself
Who cares what the undesirables think? Wrapped in the flag, carrying a cross, and so on.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Everyone in America is free to be a Christian!

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Sir Tonk posted:

Everyone in America is free to be a Christian!

You joke, but that is literally what half of them believe. Half of the discussions about Freedom of Religion boil down into: You are free to choose your religion, not free to be free from religion.

:psyduck:

So basically: You have to choose a religion, any religion. But if you want to be socially acceptable it must be a Christian religion. And if you choose a non-Christian religion, any complaints you have about secularism in the US are null and void

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

Generic American posted:

The answer is more guns. Always more guns. Even if you didn't ask the question, the answer is still more guns. If Wayne LaPierre suddenly swapped sides on the issue due to a personal tragedy, the people who liked him before would stop liking him and the people who didn't like him would probably only mention him in passing as a footnote.

Plus no matter who did it the guy would be labeled a far left liberal, even if he was wearing a Rush Limbaugh t-shirt, clutching a bible in one hand a poster of an aborted fetus in the other.

I saw FOX run a segment on a family of four whose healthcare premiums (Humana) jumped from $300 a month to $900 for apparently no discernible reason other than the ACA. I smelled bullshit and in spite of FOX claiming that this is widespread, they only showed the one family who had bought their insurance off the market. Anyone got anything on this or heard of it happening to anyone?

Here it is:

http://video.foxnews.com/v/2686936085001/where-is-the-affordable-in-the-affordable-care-act/

edit: excuse me, family of four not three

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
They probably switched from work subsidized to buying it on their own. I also wonder if that includes their subsidy.

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.
^^^bingo. If work was no longer giving them a plan, they should also have more take-home pay as well.

Also, this is Fox; I think they ran a "study" that just took the average cost of a plan per person and multiplied by 4 to get the "new cost to a family." Which is totally how plans work.

And even beyond all this, the exchanges don't open for another week. The Magic of the Free Market™ hasn't kicked in yet.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

She looks like she's about to whack somebody with that cross. "Somebody"

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
The Fox "One Man's Obama Care Nightmare" article is now the top article on Bing for me.

greatn fucked around with this message at 17:41 on Sep 24, 2013

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

CarterUSM posted:

During the whole "employer-provided health care contraception" kerfluffle, one of the local Catholic hospitals had a bunch of employees sporting that "RELIGIOUS LIBERTY: PROTECT IT" bumper sticker showing the Statue of Liberty holding a cross instead of a torch.

I wonder if they had the faintest idea how that symbolism probably looked to the Jews, Muslims, Hindus, Sikhs, etc. with which they worked.

Edit: the bumper sticker in question:

I've been noticing that every time I go to my Catholic Church in Pittsburgh, we do a prayer for Religious Liberty, because if its one religion that is being oppressed and persecuted in the 21st century, its Catholicism. :rolleyes:

Though my church is lucky that we have not, at least in my lifetime, lovely conservative priests who say gays are evil and etc. I mean they are against abortion and all that, but one in particular is a really cool old guy who talks about us Catholics being too gloomy and obsessed with sin and that we should love life and not be critical and judgmental and how happy he is that gay people are becoming more and more accepted.

SedanChair posted:

She looks like she's about to whack somebody with that cross. "Somebody"
Well of course Lady Liberty would be a nun, I mean she can't be much else in the Catholic Hierarchy.

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science
Everyone's favorite right-wing film trilogy is having a little trouble with funding and is asking for help in the most ironic way possible.

Onion A/V Club posted:

Atlas Shrugged producers turn to Kickstarter for help warning others against moochers

In an effort to further Ayn Rand’s message critiquing altruism and promoting the virtue of selfishness, rejecting all moochers who would dare claim your money by tears, the producers of the third Atlas Shrugged movie have launched a Kickstarter campaign asking for donations, predicated on reminding supporters of the critics who have hurt it. As reported earlier this year, despite the free market repeatedly determining it would rather not have any Atlas Shrugged movies, producers Harmon Kaslow and John Aglialoro boldly refused to relinquish their rational self-interests to a world that would dare take their ideas from them, chiefly by not paying to see them. And because of their indefatigable commitment to film Atlas Shrugged: Who Is John Galt? by the fall—and thus propagate its titular character’s manifesto to “never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine”—Kaslow and Aglialoro have turned to asking other men to give them $250,000.

Of course—using the same foresight that’s convinced them it’s the third Atlas Shrugged movie that will finally reach the masses, despite the first two earning less than $8 million combined—both have already anticipated that certain people may find something ironic about their asking others to give, all to create a movie that’s little more than one long speech decrying the act of asking others to give. “Isn’t asking for charity antithetical to Ayn Rand’s philosophy?” reads the FAQ, to which the answer is an obvious no, because Rand’s philosophy just had a problem with being forced to give through some absolute moral authority, which Kickstarter definitely isn’t (yet).

In fact, as with the world-stopping action that you’re being asked to pay to hear John Galt talk smugly about for an hour, their call to arms is less about the “value” of money or even entertainment than it is the value of pure spite. “The movie is actually already fully funded,” the FAQ says right up front, adding that the whole, give-$250,000-to-a-movie-about-self-reliance campaign is really just a marketing technique aimed at wringing negative publicity out of those who would mock it, apparently by giving them all the ammo they would ever need.

“We know from our experience with the first two films that there is an incredible amount of vitriol out there and, we have every intention of capitalizing on it this time around,” they write. “As we launch the Kickstarter campaign, those haters are going to come ALIVE. They're going to come after us in droves attacking us everywhere online. To them, we say thank you. Thank you for helping us spread the word.” Gratitude, after all, is what is owed to those industrious few who produce.

First time I've seen a puppet master strategy deployed to advertise a movie, but it's hilariously ironic that this is the one that is doing it.

Source.

Fuckt Tupp fucked around with this message at 19:12 on Sep 24, 2013

CarterUSM
Mar 17, 2004
Cornfield aviator

Internet Webguy posted:

Everyone's favorite right-wing film trilogy is having a little trouble with funding and is asking for help in the most ironic way possible.

First time I've seen a puppet master strategy deployed to advertise a movie, but it's hilariously ironic that this is the one that is doing it.

Source.

The irony is so thick you could cut it with the knife William Hickmen used to dismember one of his victims.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

Internet Webguy posted:

Source.

Atlas Begged.

fade5
May 31, 2012

by exmarx

Josh Lyman posted:

I was actually discussing this with my dad, and he and I basically came to the consensus that someone would have to shoot up the NRA headquarters to get the NRA to stop their opposition to gun control/reform.:smith:

Internet Webguy posted:

My parents decided to see Atlas Shrugged and Ayn Rand: In Her Own Words (they checked out both movies from the public library:supaburn:) and afterwards they asked me "Paul Ryan was a Rand follower right? So is Rand's philosophy where he got all of that voucherize Medicare poo poo from?" My parents are both Democrats, so the movies were good at explaining the mindset of Republicans and their ideas; they picked apart all the holes in Rand's philosophy pretty easily.

fade5 fucked around with this message at 20:27 on Sep 24, 2013

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
So they're trolling LIBERALS who laugh at them via internet comments by burning money and somehow finding new ways to completely undermine the entire Ayn Rand philosophy while making convoluted explanations of why everything they do is the conservative gold standard?

Well if nothing else at least you can be well assured that they are actual Republicans running this show.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
Not sure if this Ted Cruz Atlantic article has made the rounds but I love this Karl Rove quote:

http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2013/09/how-unpopular-is-ted-cruz-right-now/279903/

quote:

"You cannot build a congressional majority, in either party, for any kind of action, unless you are treating your colleagues with some certain amount of respect, and saying, ‘Hey, what do you think of my idea?’” Karl Rove told Wallace, speaking of Cruz and Utah Senator Mike Lee, who are together leading the Don't Fund Obamacare movement. “Instead they have dictated to their colleagues ... and not consulted them about this strategy at all.”

Taking hostages for nonsensical far right demands and telling everyone to gently caress off if you don't get everything you want: Okay for the country at large, not okay within the Republican party.

Edit: Also notable, yesterday an article in WAPO called Ted Cruz "A master of fiery conservative oratory". Chooo chooooo!

Intel&Sebastian fucked around with this message at 22:11 on Sep 24, 2013

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Internet Webguy posted:

Source.

[url=http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/atlasshrugged/atlas-shrugged-movie-who-is-john-galt?ref=live[/url]$108,000 dollars[/url] have been raised for a project they have already said is fully funded.

...but having my name in the credits is such a troll-tastic endeavor. I may start a kickstarter to fund putting fake names in.
"Special thanks to: Rand Isa-Sheetlord, John Whythefuckareyouwatchingthismovie III".

Infomaniac
Jul 3, 2007
Support Cartographers Without Borders
Cruz is talking on the floor for a possible 15 hours. Coverage on CSPAN-2. He is super good at speaking, I just get the feeling that he is totally faking sincerity, like many t.v. preachers. It's the kind of insincerity that makes me feel really dirty. And he is addressing "mr. President" all the time but I'm not quite sure if he means Obama or the President of the Senate.

I am taking it in small doses. I don't want to OD ON count smugula. :barf:

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Infomaniac posted:

And he is addressing "mr. President" all the time but I'm not quite sure if he means Obama or the President of the Senate.

President of the Senate, whomever the pro-temp might be at the moment. It's just procedure.

Infomaniac
Jul 3, 2007
Now, rand paul and cruz are now publicly fellating one another on the floor for being so super cool at filibusters. Expect to see a segment on "Ostrich argument boot shame and embarrassment" on the daily show tonight.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
They're already filming tonight's episode so don't expect much of Ted's awfulness tonight but rather tomorrow.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Internet Webguy posted:

Source.

"When someone else fails, it is because they were not strong enough to survive the free market. When I fail, its because someone else held me back." - Every Libertarian Ever

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

greatn posted:

The Fox "One Man's Obama Care Nightmare" article is now the top article on Bing for me.

They have to get all of these stories out before the exchanges open next week. Once people start using them, then they'll see that FoxNews has been misleading them (or they'll just think they're the lucky ones and everyone else is obviously hosed).

Infomaniac posted:

I just get the feeling that he is totally faking sincerity

I'm not sure how anyone could ever assume the honorable Senator Cruz would even be capable of such abhorrent behavior.

Mel Mudkiper posted:

"When someone else fails, it is because they were not strong enough to survive the free market. When I fail, its because someone else held me back." - Every Libertarian Ever

"They just need to be better informed, then they will make the correct decision!"

Sir Tonk fucked around with this message at 22:44 on Sep 24, 2013

ponzicar
Mar 17, 2008

fade5 posted:

I was actually discussing this with my dad, and he and I basically came to the consensus that someone would have to shoot up the NRA headquarters to get the NRA to stop their opposition to gun control/reform.:smith:

I doubt it. There would be a huge number of gun nuts who would be convinced it was a false flag conspiracy, and even if the NRA itself saw the light, some other group would take its place.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Make sure to update your calendars, the coup is now scheduled for November 19th.

quote:

Last Wednesday, the great usurper, Barack Hussein Obama, after having been indicted by an Ocala, Florida citizens' grand jury, was convicted by a people's court of defrauding the American people and Floridians by proffering them with a fake birth certificate. See https://www.citizensgrandjury.com. As readers of this column and https://www.wnd.com know too well, Obama is not a natural born citizen eligible to be president of the United States, as he was not born in this country to two American citizen parents. However, to justify his fraud and his elections to the highest office in the land, and after years of inquiry, in 2011 the Obama White House posted on its website a birth certificate purporting to show him having been born in Hawaii. The problem is however, according to forensic experts, the birth certificate is altered and forged.

The day of reckoning has come. Obama, having failed to plead in response to the indictment that was served upon him, waived his right to a jury trial. Thumbing his nose at We the People, as the citizens' prosecutor, I appeared before a citizens' court judge and presented evidence from Cold Case Posse investigator Michael Zullo showing that Obama tricked voters into electing him in 2008 and 2012. As a result, the citizens' judge found him guilty on two counts of falsifying information to federal and state election officials. He was thus sentenced to the maximum prison term for these offenses of 10 years, and ordered to immediately surrender himself into the custody of the citizens of the United States and Florida.

Of course, Obama will not willingly obey the law of the people. He will attempt to hide behind the iron fences of the White House, perhaps cowering under his desk for fear that the people will rise up and demand his ouster.

On November 19, 2013, a day that will hopefully live on in the history of our once great republic, I call upon millions of Americans who have been appalled and disgusted by Obama's criminality – his Muslim, socialist, anti-Semitic, anti-Christian, anti-white, pro-illegal immigrant, pro-radical gay and lesbian agenda – among other outrages, to descend on Washington, D.C., en masse, and demand that he leave town and resign from office if he does not want to face prison time.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

I am amused by the fact they think Obama is literally a brutal dictator who seized power in America through deception and coercion, but he will definitely leave office if enough people show up and tell him to.

radical meme
Apr 17, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

This is indeed a great day in the history of right wing crazy. Cruz and Klayman working together to create a perfect storm of stupidity and futility.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

"Mr. President, a group of obese elderly white men in scooters and tri-corner hats have gathered outside the White House. They have exposed your illegal usurpation of the American Government and are demanding you remove yourself from office."

"Release the Sarin Gas."

"But sir, they have a Citizen's Jury..."

"My god..."

Infomaniac
Jul 3, 2007
Oh, god!! BIBLE bedtime stories from cruz. This is real !!

Green eggs and ham. For real. I'm pretty sure that the message from the book is lost on him, though. Maybe his version has the end missing.

Infomaniac fucked around with this message at 01:07 on Sep 25, 2013

radical meme
Apr 17, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Infomaniac posted:

Oh, god!! BIBLE bedtime stories from cruz. This is real !!

Green eggs and ham. For real. I'm pretty sure that the message from the book is lost on him, though. Maybe his version has the end missing.

No way he beats this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DPy2alWEZ-U

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

God let's just go ahead and let the government shut down and everything go to hell so we can least get it over with

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Sean Hannity, obviously backing the wrong horse (again), spent a giant part of his show today calling some congressional hotline in order to get to the office of one of the 39 (lol) Republicans not on board with blocking whatever.

The phone would ring, and he would let out this really fake "Yes! It's RINGING! YES!", and then it would go to a "all circuits busy" message and he would shout into the phone like a senile old man "Hello!? HELLO?! I WANT TO SPEAK TO...HELLO?!"

At one point, after getting the first ring, he actually shouted "TOUCHDOWN!" before the message played.

He did this no less than 5-6 times during the THIRTY MINUTES I listened, even interrupting his guests. He asked his one guest why the phone would ring once, and then give him the all circuits busy message. I can't even make this up.

I have no idea what's happening to him or the GOP, but it's glorious.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

The Youtube description is all sorts of :allears:.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Phone posted:

The Youtube description is all sorts of :allears:.

The Racist... I mean Reverend

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Are you ready for THE RECKONING?

Larry Klayman(World News Daily) is a lawyer who believes that the POTUS has a fake birth certificate. He has reached a day in which he is calling for the resigning of the POTUS. Why should POTUS resign?

quote:

On November 19, 2013, a day that will hopefully live on in the history of our once great republic, I call upon millions of Americans who have been appalled and disgusted by Obama's criminality – his Muslim, socialist, anti-Semitic, anti-Christian, anti-white, pro-illegal immigrant, pro-radical gay and lesbian agenda – among other outrages, to descend on Washington, D.C., en masse, and demand that he leave town and resign from office if he does not want to face prison time.

The full rant on Renew America is incredible

quote:

Last Wednesday, the great usurper, Barack Hussein Obama, after having been indicted by an Ocala, Florida citizens' grand jury, was convicted by a people's court of defrauding the American people and Floridians by proffering them with a fake birth certificate. See https://www.citizensgrandjury.com. As readers of this column and https://www.wnd.com know too well, Obama is not a natural born citizen eligible to be president of the United States, as he was not born in this country to two American citizen parents. However, to justify his fraud and his elections to the highest office in the land, and after years of inquiry, in 2011 the Obama White House posted on its website a birth certificate purporting to show him having been born in Hawaii. The problem is however, according to forensic experts, the birth certificate is altered and forged.

The day of reckoning has come. Obama, having failed to plead in response to the indictment that was served upon him, waived his right to a jury trial. Thumbing his nose at We the People, as the citizens' prosecutor, I appeared before a citizens' court judge and presented evidence from Cold Case Posse investigator Michael Zullo showing that Obama tricked voters into electing him in 2008 and 2012. As a result, the citizens' judge found him guilty on two counts of falsifying information to federal and state election officials. He was thus sentenced to the maximum prison term for these offenses of 10 years, and ordered to immediately surrender himself into the custody of the citizens of the United States and Florida.

Of course, Obama will not willingly obey the law of the people. He will attempt to hide behind the iron fences of the White House, perhaps cowering under his desk for fear that the people will rise up and demand his ouster.

I further propose that we borrow the techniques perfected and used by such epic crusaders such as Mahatma Gandhi, to show Obama and his enablers that the American people are more than fed up and will not take it any more. The millions who are being summoned to our nation's capital should, like Gandhi did in India and South Africa, peacefully shut the city down, by blocking roads and massing in front of the White House chanting for Obama to get out of our nation's capital. In addition, I propose bringing the victims of his reign of terror to a podium across from the White House in Lafayette Park to give their testimony on how he has singularly severely harmed and in some instances even killed their loved ones through his actions.

In the words of Thomas Paine in the days leading up to the first American Revolution, "these are the times that try men's souls." The nation under Obama and even his inert and castrated political opponents, the Republican Party, have driven our country into the bowels of impending doom. The moral and ethical fabric, our economic underpinnings, and our national confidence and prestige are in the tank. Russia has become the leading world power, however evil and compromised under its communist KGB leader Vladimir Putin. The United States is a mere shell of its prior self under real modern leaders like Presidents John F. Kennedy and Ronald Reagan, to name just a few.

We must act now. Our Founding Fathers pledged their sacred honor, fortunes, and lives to form a new nation under God. They knew that the odds of defeating the British were not great, save for His Divine grace and intervention. Now, 237 years after they signed the Declaration of Independence in my native city of Philadelphia, the nation has come full circle to the tyranny that has been imposed by a new despot, one far more evil than King George III. King George III may have been a greedy "control freak," but at least he was a Christian. The United States is being run by a Muslim bent on furthering an Islamic caliphate who seeks to destroy our spirituality and the body politic of our Judeo-Christian roots.

Life is not easy. It requires risk and sacrifice. If as a nation we want to restore our freedom, and we are on the verge of being enslaved under Obama's socialist Muslim inclinations, we must take our fight to a new level. Tea partiers, bikers, construction workers, police officers, school teachers, farmers, truckers, clergy, housewives, husbands, students, doctors, lawyers and all elements of our society who see our nation slipping away into the abyss, must now stand tall and descend on the capital, much like the Egyptians recently did in ousting another radical Muslim, their then president Mohammed Morsi. If the Egyptians can seek to rid their country of the poison of the Muslim Brotherhood without any real history of democracy, then we Americans, who know what democracy is and have practiced it prior to the ascension of the great usurper, can and must succeed.

Obama has now been convicted of having defrauded the American people into electing him as president. Even more so than Nixon during Watergate, he has no legitimacy to remain president and must be forced to resign. If We the People do not demand justice and remove him from office, then we will be furthering his fraud and we will have no one but ourselves to blame for the death of the greatest nation ever to have been on this earth.

In the words of one of our great Founding Fathers and an architect of our Constitution, "we must, indeed, all hang together, or assuredly we shall all hang separately." Benjamin Franklin walked the walk along with the likes of George Washington, John Adams, and Thomas Jefferson. Let us now walk in their footsteps and march into to Washington, D.C., this November 19th, and rid the nation of the criminal who lurks in our White House. Let us send a message to the other corrupt government officials of all political persuasions, that this is our nation, not theirs. Let's "Occupy Washington" and restore freedom to our shores!

CarterUSM
Mar 17, 2004
Cornfield aviator

Paranoid Delusional lunatic posted:

"we must, indeed, all hang together, or assuredly we shall all hang separately."
We can only hope.

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

quote:

Russia has become the leading world power, however evil and compromised under its communist KGB leader Vladimir Putin.

...What?

Russia is barely a coherent state much less a leading world power. It's proof that just possessing an inordinate amount of resources can sort of propel anything into relevance.

PrinceRandom fucked around with this message at 09:40 on Sep 25, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

PrinceRandom posted:

...What?

Russia is barely a coherent state much less a world power. It's proof that just possessing an inordinate amount of resources can sort of propel anything into relevance.

Russia is so far from being a leading world power. I can think of three nations off the top of my head I'd put before it.