Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A Pinball Wizard
Mar 23, 2005

I know every trick, no freak's gonna beat my hands

College Slice
Someone in PYF pointed me to this thread, because I saw A Thing today:

[timg]http://www.imgur.com/yK6DGTq.jpeg][/timg]

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dick Burglar
Mar 6, 2006
^^^^^ Of course it's parked at a goddamned Walmart.

DropShadow posted:

This guy works somewhere in the office park of one of my clients.

When I originally saw this I was browsing on my phone, so I just thought, "oh that's cute, it's got cartoon stuff on it." But now that I see it on a computer, holy poo poo it's loving MARIO KART. That owns.

TheFonz
Aug 3, 2002

<3

Is that supposed to be this?

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Is wearing cheese a fad?

Baller Witness Bro
Nov 16, 2006

Hey FedEx, how dare you deliver something before your "delivered by" time.
Only for a brie-f moment :haw:

anonumos
Jul 14, 2005

Fuck it.
I assume the price of cheese went up with all the extra demand from cheese-dress manufacturers. The Free Hand put a stop to that fad awful quickly.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

anonumos posted:

I assume the price of cheese went up with all the extra demand from cheese-dress manufacturers. The Free Hand put a stop to that fad awful quickly.

https://www.google.com/search?q=ite...9&bih=573&dpr=1

Apparently a large scavenger hunt. If you're into cheese and cars good for you.

Kenny Rogers
Sep 7, 2007

Chapter One:
When I first saw Sparky, he reminded me of my favorite comb. He was missing a lot of teeth.

StormDrain posted:

https://www.google.com/search?q=ite...9&bih=573&dpr=1

Apparently a large scavenger hunt. If you're into cheese and cars good for you.
It's GISHWHES - Greatest International Scavenger Hunt The World Has Ever Seen!

My SO has participated the last couple of years, and I helped with some of her entries.
She replied to the (crossposted) picture in the Ugly and Awkward thread about the scavenger hunt, but that didn't make it over here, of course.
The coolest thing we got to do as part of hunting down an incredibly long list of random things was getting to tour an Atlas-E Nuclear Missile Silo in Weld County, Colorado. The dorkiest was making a 2'x3' portrait of Misha Collins out of Swedish Fish.

"A dress made of cheese, and a classic car" was one of the items for 2012. No, we did not attempt that. ick.

Kenny Rogers fucked around with this message at 04:30 on Sep 25, 2013

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
All your GISHWES link does is try to download a virus-filled "flash_12.exe" file to my computer.

Kenny Rogers
Sep 7, 2007

Chapter One:
When I first saw Sparky, he reminded me of my favorite comb. He was missing a lot of teeth.

Geirskogul posted:

All your GISHWES link does is try to download a virus-filled "flash_12.exe" file to my computer.

Guess it would help if I could loving spell it correctly.
Fixt. I forgot the 'h' in the url, but not the acronym. :eng99:

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Found on a brand new kia optima for it's first service, I don't know what the gently caress. Was about as rigid as a thai hooker.

The best part: the guy said it's to get the most out of his nitrogen filled tyres.

Landerig
Oct 27, 2008

by Fistgrrl

Linedance posted:

This is the most offensive vehicle I have ever seen.

Oh my god, it's like a tire bubble in car form.

redgubbinz
May 1, 2007

Slavvy posted:

nitrogen filled tyres.

I remember seeing the green caps on the GT-R and thinking it's a neat idea, keeps the pressure stable. Now they're on Kia Souls and Optimas. How would you refill them if you got a flat though, pay the dealership for the privilege or use a normal pump and call 78% close enough?

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON

Ineptus Mechanicus posted:

How would you refill them if you got a flat though, pay the dealership for the privilege or use a normal pump and call 78% close enough?

:ssh: there's really no real advantage to running 100% nitrogen in your tires and its just a somewhat believable marketing scam employed by profiteering tire shops to skim an extra $30 from people who know nothing about cars.

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.
Costco puts it in everything, for what it's worth. But yeah I just use my air compressor at home if I need to adjust, air is already 70% nitrogen anyway....

Budget Monty
Jul 25, 2005

Ask me about my torrid love affair with Geico :ese:
This happened on the way home from work tonight to my beloved daily driver, I feel it belongs here (Stopped at red light, driver not paying attention):

Taken just a few days ago:

Budget Monty fucked around with this message at 05:05 on Sep 26, 2013

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.
Oh nooooooo not the blue six fo! I really hope the guy has insurance, that car is totally fixable! Or are you just sick to think about it and want to be rid of it?

Something similar happened recently to my truck, the light of my life, but it was parked:

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
gently caress People.

That is all.

Budget Monty
Jul 25, 2005

Raluek posted:

Oh nooooooo not the blue six fo! I really hope the guy has insurance, that car is totally fixable! Or are you just sick to think about it and want to be rid of it?

Something similar happened recently to my truck, the light of my life, but it was parked:

She will be fixed. This thing is my baby. He is insured, verified with his insurance company on the phone before we even left the scene, and would not let him leave the scene until both of our statements were given to the insurance company. I also sat there while he gave his statement to his insurance to make sure I wasn't going to have to murder him. Sorry about your truck, my first car was a restored 1970 F100, and I regret selling it every time I see a nice old Ford.

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.
My first car was a '65 Impala. Small world. I regret that I haven't sold it, because it's ugly and I keep putting money into it for some reason.

Glad you're fixing your '64, it is one of my favorite cars on these here forums. You've got a lot of work into that car and it was in such great condition. It's impressive how much physical and emotional damage someone can do in a moment of inattention.

Budget Monty
Jul 25, 2005

Raluek posted:

My first car was a '65 Impala. Small world. I regret that I haven't sold it, because it's ugly and I keep putting money into it for some reason.

Glad you're fixing your '64, it is one of my favorite cars on these here forums. You've got a lot of work into that car and it was in such great condition. It's impressive how much physical and emotional damage someone can do in a moment of inattention.

I have also had a '65 2 dr. hard top. That was one of the worst part of tonight's events for me. The guy was apologetic, but acted no differently than if he had hit a 1988 Chevy Cavalier. I didn't say anything, didn't want to be douchy, but I felt like some recognition of what he had actually damaged was deserved. He could see how mad I was, and I am large (6"6"/270#), I felt he was just worried about getting beat up, and didn't truly give a poo poo. Pretty angering as it is my most prized possession, and likely the most valuable thing I have ever owned.

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

Do you feel like a hero yet?

Linedance posted:

This is the most offensive vehicle I have ever seen.

Cordyceps unilateralis

Falken fucked around with this message at 11:28 on Sep 25, 2013

Beach Bum
Jan 13, 2010

Budget Monty posted:

This happened on the way home from work tonight to my beloved daily driver, I feel it belongs here (Stopped at red light, driver not paying attention):

Taken just a few days ago:

I don't know quite how you suffered him to live. I was madder than a hornet's nest when the loving minivan hauled rear end out in front of my E30, and it was a hunk of junk. I can't imagine...

Glad to hear it will be fixed!

A Lone Girl Flier
Sep 29, 2009

This post is dedicated to all those who fell by the forums, for nothing is wasted, and every apparent failure is but a challenge to others.

burtonos posted:

This came up as related:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o2L9GCysF5M

At first I thought it was kind of funny, but now I just keep asking myself what the gently caress was going through their heads.

Trees, by the looks of things.

Frozen Pizza Party
Dec 13, 2005

The same thing happened to my mkii supra, except it was in my parking garage and it got pushed through a wall. Also, my motorcycle was between the supra and the jeep that totaled both vehicles :smithicide:

Disgruntled Bovine
Jul 5, 2010

SaNChEzZ posted:

The same thing happened to my mkii supra, except it was in my parking garage and it got pushed through a wall. Also, my motorcycle was between the supra and the jeep that totaled both vehicles :smithicide:

I do not understand how you are not in jail for involuntary manslaughter.

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

Budget Monty posted:

I have also had a '65 2 dr. hard top. That was one of the worst part of tonight's events for me. The guy was apologetic, but acted no differently than if he had hit a 1988 Chevy Cavalier. I didn't say anything, didn't want to be douchy, but I felt like some recognition of what he had actually damaged was deserved. He could see how mad I was, and I am large (6"6"/270#), I felt he was just worried about getting beat up, and didn't truly give a poo poo. Pretty angering as it is my most prized possession, and likely the most valuable thing I have ever owned.

I'm in kind of the same boat with my truck, except the guy didn't have insurance but gave false information to the police so was not charged with anything. I admit though, I was more heartbroken than angry when I first saw it. That could be because mine was hit while parked and I was sleeping, so I didn't get to see the guy's offhand cavalier attitude towards ruining my favorite thing. This might all change once I try to get money out of him. You did the right thing, calling insurance right then and there to verify information and take his statement.

I'd say "kids these days!" but that probably isn't the real problem behind people's lack of respect for other people's property.

Frozen Pizza Party
Dec 13, 2005

Disgruntled Bovine posted:

I do not understand how you are not in jail for involuntary manslaughter.

Was an old guy that did it, I was mad but meh, the bike is replaceable and the car had all cosmetic damage. With a buyback of $101 on the car I wasn't too displeased. Needless to say, that was last April and I've yet to find a good pair of fenders.

bigbillystyle
Nov 11, 2003

We have Drive to Survive at home

SaNChEzZ posted:

Was an old guy that did it, I was mad but meh, the bike is replaceable and the car had all cosmetic damage. With a buyback of $101 on the car I wasn't too displeased. Needless to say, that was last April and I've yet to find a good pair of fenders.

Have you rearranged your parking situation in an attempt to protect the car or the bike if it were to happen again? What I mean is, are you now parking them in a way where if 1 gets hit the other won't get hit, or do you really only have the 1 space and that's it? I know that whenever something catastrophic happens to my car in the back of mind I'm thinking, its ok, at least I still have the bike to get around on but sounds like you got a 2 for 1 in that accident.

Frozen Pizza Party
Dec 13, 2005

bigbillystyle posted:

Have you rearranged your parking situation in an attempt to protect the car or the bike if it were to happen again? What I mean is, are you now parking them in a way where if 1 gets hit the other won't get hit, or do you really only have the 1 space and that's it? I know that whenever something catastrophic happens to my car in the back of mind I'm thinking, its ok, at least I still have the bike to get around on but sounds like you got a 2 for 1 in that accident.

Only had one space, it was a tandem spot. Roomate was at work, I was in the process of moving out so I was in my friend's truck.

I've since moved from there, but I still see the guy driving around occasionally. I moved a couple blocks away haha. Also, insurance and stuff, this was such a freak thing to happen that I don't feel there's risk of it happening again.

Farking Bastage
Sep 22, 2007

Who dey think gonna beat dem Bengos!
12 Sticky vents PER SIDE

Viggen
Sep 10, 2010

by XyloJW
At least it is a Buick. v:v:v

The King of Swag
Nov 10, 2005

To escape the closure,
is to become the God of Swag.

Raluek posted:

I'm in kind of the same boat with my truck, except the guy didn't have insurance but gave false information to the police so was not charged with anything. I admit though, I was more heartbroken than angry when I first saw it. That could be because mine was hit while parked and I was sleeping, so I didn't get to see the guy's offhand cavalier attitude towards ruining my favorite thing. This might all change once I try to get money out of him. You did the right thing, calling insurance right then and there to verify information and take his statement.

I'd say "kids these days!" but that probably isn't the real problem behind people's lack of respect for other people's property.

People driving around without car insurance are the biggest pieces of poo poo and I legitimately hope they die horrible deaths, because in my head, they're only a hair-step above child molesters. Now here is the point in real life where people usually get real upset at my stance, but my reasoning is clear. People driving around without car insurance are ticking time bombs; they usually don't have insurance because they don't have a license, have had it revoked and/or their insurance canceled for being such terrible drivers, or for various other reasons that still mean they need to stay the gently caress off the road, and I don't accept too poor as an excuse. If you can afford to run a cheap and lovely econobox car, you can afford insurance to keep it on the road. It's only a matter of time before every one of these uninsured poo poo-heads hit somebody. Sometimes lady luck pulls their rear end out of the fire and it's only a minor accident they can weasel out of (like the uninsured poo poo that hit my dad a few months back), other times it's a serious accident but lady luck still manages to somehow pull their rear end from the fire and nobody is hurt (like what happened to my uncle about a decade back. It was a miracle he survived let alone without serious injuries). But sometimes they roll snake-eyes, and they kill a family coming home from the movies, or kill a bunch of kids being driven by a soccer mom to a soccer game. Then they run; make no mistake, they'll run in any of these instances, but they will never run so hard or so far as they will when they kill somebody. They will run your loving kids over in the street, look them in the eyes as they die, then drive away as fast as they can.

They are only a hair-step above child molesters, and they keep sinking lower every day.

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

The King of Swag posted:

People driving around without car insurance are the biggest pieces of poo poo and I legitimately hope they die horrible deaths, because in my head, they're only a hair-step above child molesters. Now here is the point in real life where people usually get real upset at my stance, but my reasoning is clear. People driving around without car insurance are ticking time bombs; they usually don't have insurance because they don't have a license, have had it revoked and/or their insurance canceled for being such terrible drivers, or for various other reasons that still mean they need to stay the gently caress off the road, and I don't accept too poor as an excuse. If you can afford to run a cheap and lovely econobox car, you can afford insurance to keep it on the road. It's only a matter of time before every one of these uninsured poo poo-heads hit somebody. Sometimes lady luck pulls their rear end out of the fire and it's only a minor accident they can weasel out of (like the uninsured poo poo that hit my dad a few months back), other times it's a serious accident but lady luck still manages to somehow pull their rear end from the fire and nobody is hurt (like what happened to my uncle about a decade back. It was a miracle he survived let alone without serious injuries). But sometimes they roll snake-eyes, and they kill a family coming home from the movies, or kill a bunch of kids being driven by a soccer mom to a soccer game. Then they run; make no mistake, they'll run in any of these instances, but they will never run so hard or so far as they will when they kill somebody. They will run your loving kids over in the street, look them in the eyes as they die, then drive away as fast as they can.

They are only a hair-step above child molesters, and they keep sinking lower every day.

Believe me, I'll be taking this shithead who hit me to court, and I don't quite believe that he's too poor either considering he had a fairly recent car, '08 Scion of some variety according to the police report. Not a total shitbucket (the car, not the driver). It surprised me to hear that he didn't run after hitting my truck, but I think that might be because it tore off his front left wheel. Talked to the cops and everything! Too bad he gave them an expired policy number.

Still, I'm all for personal responsibility, anyone who isn't monetarily prepared to fix what they break shouldn't be driving.

ACEofsnett
Feb 19, 2007

FILTHY CASUAL | CONSOLE PEASANT
So, I'm in the landscaping business. Part of what I do involves maintaining a local cemetery. I've seen things. But this - this has to be the strangest. I understand the love a man has for his car - but.. What appears to be a Dodge Spirit? Really?

Also this.

That's an aveo. Held up with only a valve cover.

JukeboxHerostratus
Nov 25, 2009

The King of Swag posted:

When my time comes and my plans for global domination come to fruition, drivers who pull hit-and-runs, as well as at fault willfully-uninsured drivers, will be put to death.

Right now, I'm thinking I'll have them strapped the to the bumpers of all the bro trucks I'll be seizing and orchestrating a demolition derby. We need to fit monster trucks in there somehow. And flamethrowers.

Lord Humungous had the right idea.

Budget Monty
Jul 25, 2005

Sorry I accidentally killed the first pic in my post above, I accidentally uploaded it twice to my pic account, and deleted the wrong one trying to fix it. I fixed it now, but any quoted pics from my post before a few hours ago will be dead now. Took some pics with my Nikon DSLR today for documentation, here are some better pics of the tragedy:

You can see in the better daylight pics how far the impact traveled up the quarter panels. You can also see where the quarter hit the pass. door on impact chipping the paint (It does not quite touch now). May be doing some six-fo shopping soon. poo poo's weak.

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.
Fuuuuck. Those are X-frame too, so that's easy to tweak. Still, anything can be fixed, and those cars are worth a good chunk of money so it might not be considered a total loss. But those tweaked quarter panels do not look good. It's amazing what a frame shop can do, though; how attached are you to this particular car as opposed to a replacement painted to match with the hydraulics swapped over?

Drunken Lullabies
Aug 1, 2006

by Debbie Metallica
You should add dishonest people who lie to cover their rear end to your rant about uninsured drivers. That was a pro idea to make the other driver make their statement on the spot.

Drunken Lullabies fucked around with this message at 06:17 on Sep 26, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Budget Monty
Jul 25, 2005

Raluek posted:

Fuuuuck. Those are X-frame too, so that's easy to tweak. Still, anything can be fixed, and those cars are worth a good chunk of money so it might not be considered a total loss. But those tweaked quarter panels do not look good. It's amazing what a frame shop can do, though; how attached are you to this particular car as opposed to a replacement painted to match with the hydraulics swapped over?

It's all air suspension, and I will be OK if I move everything to another car. I would normally do the repairs myself, but am temporarily out of a location to do it. Our building for this at work is getting changed around, and a garage door has to be relocated to a different side of the building due to the original entrance being blocked by a new business. This was unplanned bad timing. A lot of my fabricated parts can be moved over, and I hadn't done the 4-link install yet. I may be looking for a convertible now as well. We'll see how it all goes. I will be back in the six-fo game either way. This was just a devastating blow to my progress.