Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Alan Smithee posted:

Somewhere in Reform, Alabama a hot dog monger is twiddling his fingers with a puppet rig on his desk

OR, he's alternating between jumping up and down and staring slack jawed at his computer screen in disbelief.

Alan Smithee posted:

Whoever's in contact with him should tell him to tailor it to goons. He'd make his money in a day
Suggest he put the fritos ON the chili dog. Game, set, match.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EnjoiThePureTrip
Apr 16, 2011

I'm in for $25. Let's see this happen.

Larz
Jul 29, 2011
Pledged $25 to Claude for his hot dog stand. He seems to have a realistic plan and be a very sincere man. I took a virtual drive around Reform, Al using Google street view and it looks like the kind of place that could use some entrepreneurship to help the local economy. It reminds me a little of the small, rural town in the Midwestern US that I grew up in. Even six grand for a hot dog stand could make a difference. I'm going to go visit a local hot dog stand for lunch today in honor of Doobie's Dog House. Go Doobie!

DoctorPresident
Jul 21, 2012

Bad Munki posted:

Suggest he put the fritos ON the chili dog. Game, set, match.

Even better, suggest a chickencheese dog.

ReelBigLizard
Feb 27, 2003

Fallen Rib

Claude posted:

thank you each and every one.. abby,james, garrett, brett, bryan, william, billy, thanks for your support.. i look forward to meeting each one of you, at doobie's dog house one day if funded

Guys we can't let this not get funded. I don't want to raise this guys hopes up only to see them dashed like a hotdog on a hot, Alabama sidewalk. :ohdear:

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

Can we please make this its own thread? I don't want the discussion out of this thread because it's bad--I want this stickied and put on the front page of GBS so that a hot dog man can get his hot dog stand :unsmith:

I mean, gently caress, I'll make the new thread and sticky it myself if I'm allowed to, I want this guy to succeed

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

Claude posted:

my campaign just exploded last nite.. thanks to all my supporters... keep them pledges coming and Doobie's will be open before you know it.

We're going to get him there. Mods, is Death .cab for qt alright to make this its own thread?

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
Can someone ask him his opinions on minorities? We certainly don't want buyer's remorse when it's too late

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

Alan Smithee posted:

Can someone ask him his opinions on minorities? We certainly don't want buyer's remorse when it's too late

Absolutely. It could be a classic bait and switch. We buy into "Doobie's Doghouse", and them BLAM!!! We get "friend of the family Burger".

The Human Crouton has a new favorite as of 16:02 on Sep 25, 2013

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

The Human Crouton posted:

Absolutely. It could be a classic bait and switch. We buy into "Doobie's Doghouse", and them BLAM!!! We get "friend of the family Burger".

Hey now. Doobies is in Alabama, not Texas. :colbert:

Nnep
Jun 17, 2007

3-2 2-0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gNT8Uy1L0Fs

Not sure what I stumbled upon

effervescible
Jun 29, 2012

i will eat your soul
I laughed at first, but Doobie has warmed my heart. :unsmith: In for $10.

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

Nnep posted:

Not sure what I stumbled upon

The wrong thread.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

effervescible posted:

I laughed at first, but Doobie has warmed my heart. :unsmith: In for $10.

First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they donate :10bux:, then you sell hotdogs.

- Mahatma Gandhi

Steampunk iPhone
Sep 2, 2009

by XyloJW
In for $15. Man I hope he makes it

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Alan Smithee posted:

I don't know; my KS account is under my real name, and it is Muslim as all heaven :v: He didn't seem racist or anything. True, if he is racist then it's probably because I'm a backer, but he at least took some time and effort to write a personalized response, which is something I don't think a Tea Partier or the like would do. I WANT TO BELIEVE, GUYS.

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

Hot dog entrepreneurs don't have time for racist thoughts, they are too busy personally thanking everyone that backs their Kickstarter.

Noyemi K
Dec 9, 2012

youll always be so sleepy when youre this tiny *plompf*
Way to make me feel like a bitch :smith:

But! Two out of three's still good ain't it?

I feel good knowing that there's some justice in the world, and that this guy will never make a cent because he probably shot himself in the foot over that animation thing. I'm honestly sorry for putting Claude in the same league as those other guys I tend to make fun of.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
He's only $37 away from hitting the 25% mark of his goal. :f5:

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/657642328/doobies-dog-house

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
I had to cancel my pledge due to some car repair issues, but hopefully you guys can take him all the way!

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
There needs to be a banner put up for this. Either for the kickstarter itself or for a thread about the kickstarter.

Vadun
Mar 9, 2011

I'm hungrier than a green snake in a sugar cane field.

Just think. After making this mans dreams come true you can then give every down on his luck entrepreneur in Reform AL a glimpse at doing the same thing, only for their dreams to come crashing down when they don't get Goon rushed

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

Vadun posted:

Just think. After making this mans dreams come true you can then give every down on his luck entrepreneur in Reform AL a glimpse at doing the same thing, only for their dreams to come crashing down when they don't get Goon rushed

I think that we should agree to fund businesses in Reform only if they are hot dog restaurants. I want Reform to have 50 hot dog restaurants. I want hot dog restaurants to be the only businesses in the entire town.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Today, Reform. Tomorrow, the entire state. Soon, the world will be nothing but kickstarted hot dog shops!

semiavrage
Apr 28, 2007

I'll show them... I'll show ALL of them...
Sweet Jesus, I check the Doobie's today and goons have pledged over 1.5k? Count me in for $25 when I get paid Friday. Is there a Doobies thread yet?

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

semiavrage posted:

Sweet Jesus, I check the Doobie's today and goons have pledged over 1.5k? Count me in for $25 when I get paid Friday. Is there a Doobies thread yet?

I PMed Noni to ask if it would be alright since it's basically advertising in GBS.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
I hope it won't take long- the KS only has 7 days to go. Honestly, with all the bad poo poo going down in the world, I'd say it's less advertising and more helping one dude with gumption fulfill his dream.

Verdugo
Jan 5, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
So it looks like he posted a facebook update. Good on him.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

Noni posted:

Yeah, I'm trying to get permission to that right now. :)

Hopefully we'll have approval for a thread soon.

I love seeing the updates, this guy's going to have a fun time explaining where he got the capital for his restaurant to anyone who listens.

semiavrage
Apr 28, 2007

Chamale posted:

I PMed Noni to ask if it would be alright since it's basically advertising in GBS.

I don't think it's advertising, just a little feel-good goon campaign. The more I read his page the more I like and believe in him, even though those dogs are a little... uh... unfortunate looking. I don't think we can carry him to his goal on this thread alone.

EDIT: Oh okay, I hope we get approval for this.

SoundMonkey
Apr 22, 2006

I just push buttons.

Machai posted:

Hot dog entrepreneurs don't have time for racist thoughts, they are too busy personally thanking everyone that backs their Kickstarter.

We actually chatted about this and he basically said "well yeah I mean it IS the South, and it sorta goes both ways, but goddamn nobody will be turned away from the hotdog place."

sporklift
Aug 3, 2008

Feelin' it so hard.

contrapants posted:

I saw this quote in the PYF Quotes thread. I thought I was going to be reading another hilarious Noni quote, but instead I read something quite beautiful.

My dad is now on the second year of owning a hot dog cart. He even uses the "Dog House" name, too. He's told me about others who own carts that he has met. It seems that no one decides to sell hot dog on a whim. It's a passion to the point where I almost can't understand it. Many drunk people say, "We should buy a bar!" and nothing comes of it. If someone soberly says they are going to buy a hot dog cart, you are hearing the words of someone who has dreamed of it for a long time.

It's amazing that after selling hot dogs every day for two years, including weekends, in the hot summers and cold winters, my dad's face lights up with pure joy each time he hands a hot dog to a customer. It's like when a kid sells the first cup of lemonade at that makeshift lemonade stand, but as a career. I wish I had that kind of love for what I do.

If Doobie's Dog House is anything like that, and I think it is judging by the Kickstarter page, then I hope it succeeds. I'm pledging, too, and I hope you goons will with me.

I met one of these crazy hot dog guys in Portland, OR. He was on the street in a hotdog costume and ran into his cart to make me a dog. He seemed so stoked! I guess his son was a sous chef at a nice restaurant here, but this guy was all about the dogs. I'm in for :10bux:.

SoundMonkey
Apr 22, 2006

I just push buttons.

Yeah, we have a fry cart here in summer, and drat those cart/shack dudes put in a lot of effort and seem to actually care usually.

Also... :stare:. I go to bed joking about "oh, $600? I meant $700", and wake up to one thousand six hundred and eight United States dollars.

semiavrage
Apr 28, 2007

I noticed that Doobie's just updated his sales pitch on Kickstarter. It reads way better now.

EDIT: Holy poo poo, is Doobie's Dog House on the FRONT PAGE of Kickstarter for anyone else? It's under "popular."

semiavrage has a new favorite as of 20:32 on Sep 25, 2013

SoundMonkey
Apr 22, 2006

I just push buttons.

semiavrage posted:

EDIT: Holy poo poo, is Doobie's Dog House on the FRONT PAGE of Kickstarter for anyone else? It's under "popular."

Yes... yes it is.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

semiavrage posted:

I noticed that Doobie's just updated his sales pitch on Kickstarter. It reads way better now.

Yeah its on the front page for my phone, that has never looked at a kickstarter.

Gatito
Mar 29, 2010

semiavrage posted:

Well, yesterday he had $80 and now is almost scraping 2k, that was quite a burst in popularity.

Or maybe, just maybe, someone in KS noticed your goon efforts.:allears:

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!
Instead of donating all individually, is there any way to set up a single Goon Fund so that we can get some of the higher tiers if Lowtax isn't keen on dropping $500-$1k on it?

I dreamed a dream last night...a dream of a green frog's head on the wall behind the counter and a dickbutt under the clear coat of every table.

chapstickie
Apr 30, 2011
He said that the best hot dogs are the ones made the way the customer wants. He's not an anti-ketchup snob! I hope it works out for him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sporklift
Aug 3, 2008

Feelin' it so hard.

semiavrage posted:

Love that picture alongside all of the professional and artsy photos. Chili dogs #nofilter.