Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

Beautiful car, and if that's all you have in it it's an absolute STEAL compared to fair market value. Great job.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe

Motronic posted:

Beautiful car, and if that's all you have in it it's an absolute STEAL compared to fair market value. Great job.

Ya, a car that isn't a pile of rust and has 90% of its parts is going for ridiculous amounts of money. I can't ever get the good barn finds :( At least you rebuilt it instead of just finding it for 7k and flipping it for 20k like all the douches out here seem to do anymore.

Click this, then promptly insure it. http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/cat.php?id=59

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

Das Volk posted:

that's the UK spec E36 M cluster (imperial units + oil temp)...

Redline and speedo max is wrong for that, E30 M3.

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.
The Berkeley post in the terrible thread reminded me of this. The health food store I go to is on the border between the hippy town and the rich people SF bedroom community. This results in an interesting mix of cars in the parking lot. These were taken on the same day.

Parked next to this on my way in:

And this had parked by the time I came out:

A few weeks before I took these, I saw an Aston Martin DBS Volante and a BMW M Coupe in the same day. I've also seen a little BMW Z thing that apparently belongs to the guy who created Renderman and invented programmable shaders (the license plate says RASTER, and he has Pixar frames).

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

atomicthumbs posted:

The Berkeley post in the terrible thread reminded me of this. The health food store I go to is on the border between the hippy town and the rich people SF bedroom community. This results in an interesting mix of cars in the parking lot. These were taken on the same day.

Parked next to this on my way in:

And this had parked by the time I came out:

A few weeks before I took these, I saw an Aston Martin DBS Volante and a BMW M Coupe in the same day. I've also seen a little BMW Z thing that apparently belongs to the guy who created Renderman and invented programmable shaders (the license plate says RASTER, and he has Pixar frames).

I unequivocally love both of those things. That Corolla just needs some TLC, and it would be completely :nyoron:. I would love a well-maintained 80's box, a near restoration vehicle with just enough creature comforts and modifications (I really still like A/C and digital music inputs, sorry).

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Wasabi the J posted:

I unequivocally love both of those things. That Corolla just needs some TLC, and it would be completely :nyoron:. I would love a well-maintained 80's box, a near restoration vehicle with just enough creature comforts and modifications (I really still like A/C and digital music inputs, sorry).

I had one of those, a metallic bronze. Was in great condition, until I got sandwiched between two cars in an accident.

City17
Dec 3, 2006

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

Das Volk posted:

that's the UK spec E36 M cluster (imperial units + oil temp)...
Nope

Lightbulb Out posted:

It's an E30 M3 cluster????

BlackMK4 posted:

Redline and speedo max is wrong for that, E30 M3.
Correct

And before that there was the E21 - yes those red lights provide illumination for the dash, no fancy back-lights.

meatcookie
Jun 2, 2007

Just found what I want to be when I grow up.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

That rifle looks so sweet too :swoon:

Root Bear
Nov 15, 2004

DARKEST SKETCH
Had an unexpected visitor at work today:

All I can say is :stare:

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

Disgruntled Bovine posted:

"Do you know how fast you were going?"

"Not really officer, somewhere between 50 and 75."
Saab's non-linear speedo was a great idea, more cars should use that kind of design, it stops exactly that problem:

But I also always liked the way the Delta Integrale cranked the rev counter over to bring the higher RPMs into the driver's direct view more easily. It's also kind of a statement that, yes, we know the steering wheel kind of blocks your view of the first 3000rpm or so. Don't worry, you don't really need that bit.

Jealous Cow
Apr 4, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

InitialDave posted:

Saab's non-linear speedo was a great idea, more cars should use that kind of design, it stops exactly that problem:

Saab :allears:

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
I was hoping WSS would spot it first. :laugh:
(Yes, I hosed up)

InitialDave fucked around with this message at 14:56 on Sep 24, 2013

Kill-9
Aug 2, 2004

You've got the cutest little baby face...

Pics like this just remind me that I went wrong somewhere in life.

Viggen
Sep 10, 2010

by XyloJW

InitialDave posted:

I was hoping WSS would spot it first. :laugh:

Not all of them dead-center at current/former highway speeds.

My 900 dead-centered at 55mph. The 9000 was about 70mph in the middle. The earlier 93s and 95s did at 65mph. The newer ones centerline was 80mph. :getin:

It is a little bit annoying when you trade off throughout the day. :wom:

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

Kill-9 posted:

Pics like this just remind me that I went wrong somewhere in life.

It's ok, the car probably cost him a grand and that's a ten dollar rifle. Simpler times :allears:

Also thanks mom and dad, for your entire generation sucking the fun out of everything, now there's none left :mad:

e- I guess the modern equivalent would be a guy standing next to an S2000 holding an XBOX controller.

Wearing a fedora.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

100+ Lamborghinis going up a hairpin turn, in the rain.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qZHu2ZwR4M4

jamal
Apr 15, 2003

I'll set the building on fire
You keep waiting for one of them to get into it on the exit and it never happens. Well, not in the first 7min anyway. Couple of dumb passes though.

a glorious hole
Nov 21, 2012

First C7 just showed up at the GM dealership here.

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Can you spare a little cheddar?
Nap Ghost
I saw one on I77 a couple weekends ago. It looks amazing in person!

a glorious hole
Nov 21, 2012

Nocheez posted:

I saw one on I77 a couple weekends ago. It looks amazing in person!

It really does, I just wish I could've gotten some shots of the interior but the morning glare was too much. The interior is a huge step up.

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

a glorious hole posted:

Wow. The fact that you can buy something that beautiful for as cheap as it is(relatively and value speaking) means automobiles aren't in such a poo poo place as some people like to say. That's just awesome

Octopus Magic
Dec 19, 2003

I HATE EVERYTHING THAT YOU LIKE* AND I NEED TO BE SURE YOU ALL KNOW THAT EVERY TIME I POST

*unless it's a DSM in which case we cool ^_^

a glorious hole posted:

I hope this drops the price of the C5 Z06 down to the floor.

Throatwarbler
Nov 17, 2008

by vyelkin

Octopus Magic posted:

A C5 Z06 is like a 10 year old car at this point, how much further could the price drop? Most of the original owners have probably died already.

Vigo327
Dec 24, 2012
IF I CONTINUE TO WHINE ABOUT THE PROBATIONS I RECEIVE, REPORT THIS POST SO THAT I CAN BE PROBATED AGAIN

Octopus Magic posted:

They were already pretty much the best performance/dollar as-delivered used cars on the market. Getting cheaper could only make that better.

Also i have learned something from my probation feedback, which is that "54MPG in a goddamn Insight is hardly an AI picture" (despite the airplane thread) so i will now post vehicles which in the context of their own time were of similar stock performance to an Insight but were MUCH less offensive to mainstream enthusiast sensibilities because of their much lower fuel economy. Please let me know if that is "AI appropriate".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H0vGqgGcrvw

Vigo327 fucked around with this message at 15:20 on Sep 25, 2013

Octopus Magic
Dec 19, 2003

I HATE EVERYTHING THAT YOU LIKE* AND I NEED TO BE SURE YOU ALL KNOW THAT EVERY TIME I POST

*unless it's a DSM in which case we cool ^_^

Throatwarbler posted:

A C5 Z06 is like a 10 year old car at this point, how much further could the price drop? Most of the original owners have probably died already.

I want to be able to get one for 15k :smith:

Das Volk
Nov 19, 2002

by Cyrano4747

Bob NewSCART posted:

Wow. The fact that you can buy something that beautiful for as cheap as it is(relatively and value speaking) means automobiles aren't in such a poo poo place as some people like to say. That's just awesome

I'm going to wait several years to see if there's an 'other shoe' to drop with these, but I agree on the design being really nice looking. Previous troubles aside I'd still hesitate on this car because the design absolutely screams cop magnet to me. My black C6 got wayyyy too much attention.

Vigo327
Dec 24, 2012
IF I CONTINUE TO WHINE ABOUT THE PROBATIONS I RECEIVE, REPORT THIS POST SO THAT I CAN BE PROBATED AGAIN

Das Volk posted:

I'm going to wait several years to see if there's an 'other shoe' to drop with these, but I agree on the design being really nice looking. Previous troubles aside I'd still hesitate on this car because the design absolutely screams cop magnet to me. My black C6 got wayyyy too much attention.

That's funny, the way things are going i see cars like that and think 'cop fare'. In my city im seeing more and more unmarked mustangs and camaros, along with some unmarked chargers with some very expensive camouflage like 22" chrome wheels (im not kidding). It would not surprise me in the least to see cops cruising around in c7s in the near future.

It used to be i could tell a car speeding up behind me wasn't a cop based on really simple tell-tales like 'does it have foglights'. Now our faithful protectors have not only stopped not spending our tax money on simple things like that but have jumped past that to sports car and several-thousand-dollar fashion accessories in the name of disguising themselves more fully. Im sure the first time i see a cop c7 it will also have an extra-cost custom plate saying "NVMYC7" just to make sure it's extra plausible as a civvy corvette.

Vigo327 fucked around with this message at 16:54 on Sep 25, 2013

yyyyyy
Jan 13, 2013

by T. Finninho
I don't know why Texas car culture is so awesome to me but it cracks me up and I love it

Ridin' big body

Grippin' wood grain

Poppin' trunk

Sittin' on leather

Skatin' on them Daytons with one of them hoes in the air

Always hittin' them switches and makin' it jump

Choppin' blades fool

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fo_2TE6C56Y

need some shocks on the back, I need some works on the brakes
My passenger side window sometimes it just don't wanna raise
I hear bumps and crunks, pings and ticks and things
I got a hole in my muffler and other minor things
Like my electrical rear view mirror don't move like it 'posed ta
Even the objects in that mothafucka need to be closer
I'm satisfied with my ride I don't ask much
But people talk and they diss, they heckle it loud
But

I'm rollin
Car not stolen
Probably never will be it's much to old and
Smokin weed and feelin fine
In my Lacville 79
I'm rollin
Gas runnin low
But I try to keep it white and Vogue's like foldin
Hopin freaks will get inside of my Lacville 79

I got my toolbox, got my booster cables, and jack
I get where I'm goin, two quarts of oil will get me back
I got a brand new radiator
Rebuilt alternator
Detatchable tape player
But I gotta fix the fader
So I can have some music on the 6-10 loop
Maybe fit in with the L-Dogs, sedans, and coupes

yyyyyy fucked around with this message at 17:08 on Sep 25, 2013

SuperDucky
May 13, 2007

by exmarx
:frogsiren: Couldn't Gimg a picture of it but there's seriously a "Buick Rydas of Atlanta" club. Its not even guys with G or even W bodies, mostly the last gen Regals. One of them does have a last gen Park Avenue Ultra in that really pretty pearl white, though. :shobon:
They all have a vinyl cutout so fuckoff huge on their back windows there is no way they can see out of it.

Content:

Vigo327
Dec 24, 2012

yyyyyy posted:

I don't know why Texas car culture is so awesome to me but it cracks me up and I love it

^^^For the record, when i said "unmarked chargers with some very expensive camouflage like 22" chrome wheels", i live in Texas. I don't know if that camouflage would work everywhere..

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

a glorious hole posted:

gently caress me this is amazing and I generally have not liked Corvette styling in the slightest. Those wheels are terrible. It's 2013, can we stop giant chrome wheels yet?

kill me now
Sep 14, 2003

Why's Hank crying?

'CUZ HE JUST GOT DUNKED ON!

Maker Of Shoes posted:

gently caress me this is amazing and I generally have not liked Corvette styling in the slightest. Those wheels are terrible. It's 2013, can we stop giant chrome wheels yet?

You can, but old dudes who buy these cars like them. They also offer black and machined silver for the C7

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!
Man, I really want to like the C7, but the rear end just kills it for me. Everything else is fine, it's just that.

Mighty Horse
Jul 24, 2007

Speed, Class, Bankruptcy.

kill me now posted:

You can, but old dudes who buy these cars like them. They also offer black and machined silver for the C7

Yep, waiting to see the first one with stick on chrome poo poo on it.

Or flames.

Vigo327
Dec 24, 2012
So speaking of massive chrome rims and Texas car culture, back in May my city (San Antonio) had massive flooding (like what they're talking about in Boulder, CO recently), including 12" of rainfall over part of one day. Suddenly massive rims had some relevance.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Probably my favorite car song ever.

The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

Vigo327 posted:

That's funny, the way things are going i see cars like that and think 'cop fare'. In my city im seeing more and more unmarked mustangs and camaros, along with some unmarked chargers with some very expensive camouflage like 22" chrome wheels (im not kidding). It would not surprise me in the least to see cops cruising around in c7s in the near future.

It used to be i could tell a car speeding up behind me wasn't a cop based on really simple tell-tales like 'does it have foglights'. Now our faithful protectors have not only stopped not spending our tax money on simple things like that but have jumped past that to sports car and several-thousand-dollar fashion accessories in the name of disguising themselves more fully. Im sure the first time i see a cop c7 it will also have an extra-cost custom plate saying "NVMYC7" just to make sure it's extra plausible as a civvy corvette.

I flew to CT this past weekend for my buddy's wedding, and driving to my brother's house I saw a murdered out unmarked Charger that pulled some guy over. It was lowered, had very large wheels, and tinted windows. Not sure if it was an impounded vehicle that they retrofitted with flashers (unlikely) but I'd never seen anything like that before.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.