Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Noni
Jul 8, 2003
ASK ME ABOUT DEFRAUDING GOONS WITH HOT DOGS AND HOW I BANNED EPIC HAMCAT

sporklift posted:

Love that picture alongside all of the professional and artsy photos. Chili dogs #nofilter.

Ha! Yeah, it does kinda stand out. I hope this spawns 50 copycat kickstarters from people wondering how they can possibly get in on this sweet, sweet Kickstarter hotdog action.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I can't wait for the microhotdog that comes with an iPhone port.

Edit: *Chewing on a hot dog, turns to camera, mouth full* Oh, didn't see you there.

Waffleman_ has a new favorite as of 21:48 on Sep 25, 2013

SoundMonkey
Apr 22, 2006

I just push buttons.

He actually moved up one spot in the 'Popular' rankings :buddy:

Verdugo
Jan 5, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

Waffleman_ posted:

I can't wait for the microhotdog that comes with an iPhone port.

Claude should do "Artisnal" Southern Style hot dogs, just like how the Get Your War On dude decided to go into Artisnal Pencil Sharpening. Keep making the same thing, brand it as Artisnal, make a killing.

Peruser
Feb 23, 2013
Go, Doobie! Go!

Sigma-X
Jun 17, 2005

Verdugo posted:

Claude should do "Artisnal" Southern Style hot dogs, just like how the Get Your War On dude decided to go into Artisnal Pencil Sharpening. Keep making the same thing, brand it as Artisnal, make a killing.

He should probably spell it correctly, though.

I hope Doobie gets his Dream Dogs.

monster on a stick
Apr 29, 2013

Verdugo posted:

If he had a food truck, the hipsters would be all over his kickstarter.

Danger - Octopus!
Apr 20, 2008

Nap Ghost
Are "cola-onions" exactly what they sound like? If so, god bless America!

SoundMonkey
Apr 22, 2006

I just push buttons.

Danger - Octopus! posted:

Are "cola-onions" exactly what they sound like? If so, god bless America!

Reports from my Southen-dwelling friends indicate that they are exactly what you think they are, and that it's not actually an uncommon culinary practice there.

Manifest
Jul 7, 2007

HELLO THERE I COME FROM THE FUTURE

monster on a stick posted:

If he had a food truck, the hipsters would be all over his kickstarter.

Just slap some wheels on the side of the kitchen he's got.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Aw, what the hell. $25 to someone trying to make a better life for himself.

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG
All this donations to hot dogs makes me feel all :unsmith: inside.

Good going, goons.

semiavrage
Apr 28, 2007

I'll show them... I'll show ALL of them...

Electric Bugaloo posted:

Instead of donating all individually, is there any way to set up a single Goon Fund so that we can get some of the higher tiers if Lowtax isn't keen on dropping $500-$1k on it?

I dreamed a dream last night...a dream of a green frog's head on the wall behind the counter and a dickbutt under the clear coat of every table.

I would be down for this, if we can get enough people interested.

SoundMonkey
Apr 22, 2006

I just push buttons.

semiavrage posted:

I would be down for this, if we can get enough people interested.

It seems easier and less potentially troublesome to donate individually then just get in touch with him once it's funded - he does have some vague idea that all these donations are coming from one source.

EDIT: I just asked him if it would work if you donated with the comment like "This is for Team Dickbutt" or whatever, and have that all pooled into whichever reward tier you end up at when the project finishes.

SoundMonkey has a new favorite as of 23:04 on Sep 25, 2013

JDM3
Jun 26, 2013

Best $10 bux I ever spent on a total stranger.. who happens to be a fucking douchetube.
It's a little troubling that the thread goes "Hey everyone - look at this shithead!!!" then everyone piles on......and then goonrush occurs.

I suppose all the :10bux: makes up for it though...

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

SoundMonkey posted:

It seems easier and less potentially troublesome to donate individually then just get in touch with him once it's funded - he does have some vague idea that all these donations are coming from one source.

EDIT: I just asked him if it would work if you donated with the comment like "This is for Team Dickbutt" or whatever, and have that all pooled into whichever reward tier you end up at when the project finishes.

Did you specifically say "Team Dickbutt"? That's wonderful, just picturing this guy telling his wife "Honey, we're going to get money for our restaurant thanks to the fine Dickbutts from around the world."

SoundMonkey
Apr 22, 2006

I just push buttons.

Chamale posted:

Did you specifically say "Team Dickbutt"? That's wonderful, just picturing this guy telling his wife "Honey, we're going to get money for our restaurant thanks to the fine Dickbutts from around the world."

No, I didn't, I just asked if people could pool their donations for a higher reward tier.

If he's cool with it I'll attempt to coordinate with him so he knows whose money is for what.

I guess you'd have to work out in advance what you wanted the logo to be... just a giant getout frog?

Peruser
Feb 23, 2013

SoundMonkey posted:

No, I didn't, I just asked if people could pool their donations for a higher reward tier.

If he's cool with it I'll attempt to coordinate with him so he knows whose money is for what.

If he says its cool count me and my $30 in for Team :frog:

dijon du jour
Mar 27, 2013

I'm shy

SoundMonkey posted:

I guess you'd have to work out in advance what you wanted the logo to be... just a giant getout frog?

A dickbutt made out of hot dogs and hot dog buns.

SoundMonkey
Apr 22, 2006

I just push buttons.

Talked to him, any pledge mentioning "Team Frogout" should be pooled. Also post here or in whatever thread we may get so we can keep track of it too.

Edit: with the goal of putting that frog on his establishment.

Isizzlehorn
Feb 25, 2010

:lesnick::lesnick::lesnick::lesnick::lesnick::lesnick:

Also important to make sure any image we use from SA is either public domain or has the permission of the artist/rights holder. You don't want Doobie Dogs to get a cease/desist from some copyright rules lawyer farm.

SoundMonkey
Apr 22, 2006

I just push buttons.

Isizzlehorn posted:

Also important to make sure any image we use from SA is either public domain or has the permission of the artist/rights holder. You don't want Doobie Dogs to get a cease/desist from some copyright rules lawyer farm.

I don't think that'll be an issue with the frog.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Noni posted:

Ha! Yeah, it does kinda stand out. I hope this spawns 50 copycat kickstarters from people wondering how they can possibly get in on this sweet, sweet Kickstarter hotdog action.

It's better than that, he's the #1 Food project.

monster on a stick
Apr 29, 2013

SoundMonkey posted:

I don't think that'll be an issue with the frog.

Since it's a hot dog stand, shouldn't it be a dog icon?

:dukedog:

semiavrage
Apr 28, 2007

SoundMonkey posted:

Talked to him, any pledge mentioning "Team Frogout" should be pooled. Also post here or in whatever thread we may get so we can keep track of it too.

Edit: with the goal of putting that frog on his establishment.

Just to be clear, should we be doing this in a comment, or somewhere else? I am in for $25.

JossiRossi
Jul 28, 2008

A little EQ, a touch of reverb, slap on some compression and there. That'll get your dickbutt jiggling.
For those just tuning in.

Who Are We Helping: Claude Robinson and Doobie's Dog House
Why Are We Helping: A seemingly genuine hard working small town man has a dream to start up a Hot Dog shack. WITHOUT DOOMING HIS FAMILY TO FINANCIAL RUIN no less.
How Are We Helping: Tossing some sweet Kickstarter Bux his way here - http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/657642328/doobies-dog-house

I Want To Pool Our Cash For Great Rewards: Make a comment stating that you are a part of "Team Frogout" and we could have our good buddy :frog: staring back at people from over Claude's Shoulder. You should also mention in the thread to correlate numbers.

As of this writing he is at $1,833 of a modest $6,000 goal. About $1,500 of that is from us.

semiavrage
Apr 28, 2007

Does he know exactly what we want to paint on the side of his building? Is he okay with it?

SoundMonkey
Apr 22, 2006

I just push buttons.

JossiRossi posted:

For those just tuning in.

Who Are We Helping: Claude Robinson and Doobie's Dog House
Why Are We Helping: A seemingly genuine hard working small town man has a dream to start up a Hot Dog shack. WITHOUT DOOMING HIS FAMILY TO FINANCIAL RUIN no less.
How Are We Helping: Tossing some sweet Kickstarter Bux his way here - http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/657642328/doobies-dog-house

I Want To Pool Our Cash For Great Rewards: Make a comment stating that you are a part of "Team Frogout" and we could have our good buddy :frog: staring back at people from over Claude's Shoulder. You should also mention in the thread to correlate numbers.

As of this writing he is at $1,833 of a modest $6,000 goal. About $1,500 of that is from us.

To the best of my knowledge it was $80 before the first goon donation (night before last) if that helps

And yes, he knows our goal is a cartoon frog. Where it's from isn't much relevant.

"Team Frogout" in the comment field when you pledge should be fine, he said he'd keep an eye out.

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!
FWIW, I was being completely facetious about dickbutt (also, I'm 99.99% sure it's from a commercially released comic and not ours to give out). I would hope that we are not so cruel/stupid as to make that a required piece of decor in Doobie's establishment.

The goal here is to give this man a legitimate leg up on the path to success, not to pour gas on a bonfire in order to make the resulting catastrophe more spectacular.

Emblazoning that frog on the wall/everything would be the loving best, though.

semiavrage
Apr 28, 2007

Electric Bugaloo posted:

The goal here is to give this man a legitimate leg up on the path to success, not to pour gas on a bonfire in order to make the resulting catastrophe more spectacular.

I'm just a little worried that we might run out of steam and not actually make the $6000 goal. If we don't hit that number than Claude won't get a cent, and I really don't want that to happen.

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!

semiavrage posted:

I'm just a little worried that we might run out of steam and not actually make the $6000 goal. If we don't hit that number than Claude won't get a cent, and I really don't want that to happen.

Then somebody make a loving thread already! Hell, I'd do it, but I've got about 20 hours of homework and a roommate who just flaked on her half of the lease to deal with. What's y'all's excuse?

semiavrage
Apr 28, 2007

Electric Bugaloo posted:

Then somebody make a loving thread already! Hell, I'd do it, but I've got about 20 hours of homework and a roommate who just flaked on her half of the lease to deal with. What's y'all's excuse?

I wasn't sure we had permission. I'll start one now.

Manifest
Jul 7, 2007

HELLO THERE I COME FROM THE FUTURE
history is written by those with an edit button

Manifest has a new favorite as of 04:50 on Jan 22, 2014

SoundMonkey
Apr 22, 2006

I just push buttons.

semiavrage posted:

I wasn't sure we had permission. I'll start one now.

Hang on for an hour if you could.

Also I am in no way like officially endorsing this or something, but I'm sorta acting as a go-between because Claude has no idea what he's dealing with here. If you post questions here I'll try to get answers from him.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Don't give away the meaning of "Frogout" too fast, his confusion is adorable.

semiavrage
Apr 28, 2007

SoundMonkey posted:

Hang on for an hour if you could.

Alright, I'm still working on the post anyway. Anything you guys think should be included, please PM me. I'm not sure how exactly to get this across.

SoundMonkey
Apr 22, 2006

I just push buttons.

semiavrage posted:

Alright, I'm still working on the post anyway. Anything you guys think should be included, please PM me. I'm not sure how exactly to get this across.

We're discussing things a bit higher up but hopefully we can get you an answer soon. In the meantime, keep on pledgin' I guess.

Isizzlehorn
Feb 25, 2010

:lesnick::lesnick::lesnick::lesnick::lesnick::lesnick:

Frogout should be put in as simple terms as possible. The true absurdity of that meme, if embellished, would probably frighten the dude away from going through with it.

SoundMonkey
Apr 22, 2006

I just push buttons.

Stuff has been worked out. Stay tuned in the next hour or so for A Thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe
Wouldn't :frogout: give the implication that people aren't welcome in his store?
I'd say he could put :getin: on the front door, but that.....might give some people the wrong idea.