Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Blade_of_tyshalle posted:

Eh, it's not too bad. Personally, I think tubing behind a motorboat is way more stupid since you can easily drown in a lake.

Yeah but when you wipe out water doesn't hurt like pavement.

So just wear a life jacket. Problem solved. Tubing is like a million times safer than this, the only possible danger there is that you get run over by some other boat that doesn't see you after you bail out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bigperm
Jul 10, 2001
some obscure reference

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

What happened to their necks/chins??? :psyduck:

bigperm
Jul 10, 2001
some obscure reference
Also what's up with the turd baby?

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Artist doesn't fully understand perspective. Its like a Picasso where we're seeing them from multiple angles.

Fiendish Dr. Wu
Nov 11, 2010

You done fucked up now!

is that a poop baby?

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

I thought that art "style" looked familiar - it's the Dungeon Legacy guy!

DancingPenguin
Nov 27, 2012

I ish kakadu.

DaveWoo posted:

I thought that art "style" looked familiar - it's the Dungeon Legacy guy!

Oh please.

(The whole "ad-space" on that page is hilarious though.)

Noni
Jul 8, 2003
ASK ME ABOUT DEFRAUDING GOONS WITH HOT DOGS AND HOW I BANNED EPIC HAMCAT

I'm convinced that there's some kind of valley right next to the Uncanny Valley, except even more freakish, where the people from drawings like that one can live and frolic and play. Even the Uncanny Valley people think they're horrid. They hush their Uncanny children, quietly admonishing them, "We do not speak of the the Ungodly Valley."

bigperm
Jul 10, 2001
some obscure reference
Please tell me you all watched the video on that kickstarter. Please.

Noyemi K
Dec 9, 2012

youll always be so sleepy when youre this tiny *plompf*
The artist looks like a total creeper, Jaysus.

EDIT: Saw the video, it's actually kind of sad and I feel bad making fun of him.

Noyemi K has a new favorite as of 23:47 on Sep 26, 2013

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Who wants to treat their kid to a story about Feistybutt the cat?

This is a cat wearing water wings, in a pool, on a ???

Thankfully, more information is available on the world's finest website this side of 1994. Preeeeetty slick!

Sharkie
Feb 4, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Pick posted:

Who wants to treat their kid to a story about Feistybutt the cat?

This is a cat wearing water wings, in a pool, on a ???

Thankfully, more information is available on the world's finest website this side of 1994. Preeeeetty slick!

In real life that cat would be a yowling, thrashing, demon of fur and claws. Though honestly I think Feistybutt's cute.

edit: She seriously needs to change that url. It does not make me think of a cartoon cat. No. Not at all. Though I do admire the charming innocence of someone who could, in all apparent seriousness, think that would be a good name for toy from a children's book. I kind of wish I could sometimes be like that again.

Sharkie has a new favorite as of 01:37 on Sep 27, 2013

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Sharkie posted:

In real life that cat would be a yowling, thrashing, demon of fur and claws. Though honestly I think Feistybutt's cute.

edit: She seriously needs to change that url. It does not make me think of a cartoon cat. No. Not at all. Though I do admire the charming innocence of someone who could, in all apparent seriousness, think that would be a good name for toy from a children's book. I kind of wish I could sometimes be like that again.

Yeah, I backed the project, even though it won't go through, just to offer a pat on the head to this random cat-doodlin' mom with absolutely no awareness of how "Feisty Butt Fun Toy dot-loving-com" sounds to us. Tragedy and comedy are often the same story!

Fiendish Dr. Wu
Nov 11, 2010

You done fucked up now!
Feisty Butt Fun Toy needs a goon rush. If we can get 10k for doobies dogs we can sure as hell get 2k for Feisty Butt.

Go Feisty Butt! Fun for the whole family!

I'm sad there was only 1 Feisty Butt Fun t-shirt. I'm sure that got snapped up quick.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Fiendish Dr. Wu posted:

I'm sad there was only 1 Feisty Butt Fun t-shirt. I'm sure that got snapped up quick.

drat shame too, because I bet that shirt could get me a date.

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

Ha, best website intro ever (in Comic Sans):

Oh...Good...you found me!
Whew, I was getting worried.
This www. is a BIG place.
Come on in and see what I am all about!

Sid Delicious
Oct 31, 2007
:sidvicious:

Why does that god awful comic have to be the first Canadian Kickstarter I have personally seen. That does not leave me hopeful for my country.

duralict
Sep 18, 2007

this isn't hug club at all

Sid Vicious posted:

Why does that god awful comic have to be the first Canadian Kickstarter I have personally seen. That does not leave me hopeful for my country.

Did you miss the ridiculously overfunded choose-your-own-adventure Hamlet?

Depressing Drawers
Dec 17, 2004
UR ALREADY DED
Have you ever dreamed of owning your own Hot Dog Stand? Need an accurate simulation of this exciting trade on your windows 8 device?

THEN SEARCH NO LONGER MY FRIENDS!!!

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/786263000/hot-dog-stand?ref=search

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Iron Prince
Aug 28, 2005
Buglord
poo poo, man. People already trying to cash in on the Doobie craze.

Trollologist
Mar 3, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Iron Prince posted:

poo poo, man. People already trying to cash in on the Doobie craze.

Post + Av + lack of context = A TCC worth post.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

You mean a lack of context except for the last, what, ten pages? :raise:

senrath
Nov 4, 2009

Look Professor, a destruct switch!

Bad Munki posted:

You mean a lack of context except for the last, what, ten pages? :raise:

I believe he's saying that if you take the quote out of context it sounds like a TCC post, not that there's no context.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Ahh, that could be. :downs:

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Machai posted:

Ha, best website intro ever (in Comic Sans):

Oh...Good...you found me!
Whew, I was getting worried.
This https://www. is a BIG place.
Come on in and see what I am all about!

Takes me back, man. I'm pretty sure my first Pokemon hints website sounded something like that. 4th grade. Good times. :cool:

Also I bumped my donation to her to $100. I'm a wild card, a rogue gambler.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.
There's something really heartwarming about someone writing their own children's stories, even if their art does suck poo poo. All the more so when they make a plushie out of a character :3:

Maybe it's because some little part of me thinks that those stories are going to form a not-insubstantial part of some kid's childhood somewhere, and that plushie is going to be their best friend for a few years. And I can't make fun of that.

gently caress the hot dog stand, should have funded badly-drawn-cat-lady.

Sharkie
Feb 4, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
I get the impression that Feistybutt is an actual cat that this lady owns. :3: I don't have any money to contribute to her doomed kickstarter (I've spent my discretionary money in a hotdog venture), but gently caress it -- next time I have a few spare bucks I may see if I can commission a painting or t-shirt or something from her.

You know, I'm broke as hell, but looking at some of these silly, humble, kickstarters has made me want to be a millionaire for the first time in a long while. I just want to make all their dreams come true. :unsmith:

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Sharkie posted:

I get the impression that Feistybutt is an actual cat that this lady owns. :3: I don't have any money to contribute to her doomed kickstarter (I've spent my discretionary money in a hotdog venture), but gently caress it -- next time I have a few spare bucks I may see if I can commission a painting or t-shirt or something from her.

At this point her project is extremely unlikely to be successful unless a guardian angel donor swoops in with a $1600 pledge in the next 6 hours so if you wanted to show her some moral support you could pledge a couple bucks and be safe in the knowledge that it most likely* won't get deducted from your account.

(* Stranger things have happened so there's no ironclad guarantee it'll fail.)

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

"Sooner or later, every curse is a prayer."
Waves of Clarity Tote Bags

A lady in LA wants to make eco-friendly tote bags for groceries that also show gardener pride.

Nope, that can't be misinterpreted at a glance. What else could G stand for if not gardener?

Soon LA will be rocked by rival gardening gangs having literal turf wars.

Sharkie
Feb 4, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Anoia posted:

Waves of Clarity Tote Bags

A lady in LA wants to make eco-friendly tote bags for groceries that also show gardener pride.

Nope, that can't be misinterpreted at a glance. What else could G stand for if not gardener?

Soon LA will be rocked by rival gardening gangs having literal turf wars.

I thought you made the bottom examples to make fun of the bag until I clicked the kickstarter and welp. Eco-friendly tote bags are available everywhere, but they don't have "Suburban white high school circa 1998" slogans on them so I guess they feel this is a thing that needs to happen. What's next, "My Nigs grow Figs," "Kill (pests organically) Whitey"? Also "waves of clarity" sounds like what you feel after you wake up in a city park covered in your own vomit for the fifth time.

I hope someone calls her out on her minstrel show bags.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Safe and sound, detached from reality.
Just like your posting.

Anoia posted:

:hist101: Gladiator!
Seems like a thing you could use any other bag for and not pay $25. Hell I could get a bag like that at any supermarket checkout line for a buck fifty or so. Just with a generic supermarket logo instead of this, uh, slogan.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
http://www.wavesofclarity.com/

Um, she might want to do a little more work on her website.

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

(C)2023. Quick! You have 10 years to rip off her stuff before she can sue!

It looks like she grabbed a template on a CMS and just has not figured out how to change everything.

Fiendish Dr. Wu
Nov 11, 2010

You done fucked up now!

Sharkie posted:

I don't have any money to contribute to her doomed kickstarter (I've spent my discretionary money in a hotdog venture), but gently caress it -- next time I have a few spare bucks I may see if I can commission a painting or t-shirt or something from her.

I'd be willing to bet that if she had more than 1 "Feisty Butt Fun" adult t-shirts available then she would have met her goal.

Why 1? Is it hand made? If so, $10 is wayyyy to low to be charging for an original hand-made Feisty Butt Fun t-shirt.

I just like saying Feisty Butt Fun.

Sharkie
Feb 4, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
For real I just want to rock a "Feisty Butt Fun Toy" tshirt. And I guess she can put a cat on there too if she wants. The cat's cute. I'm with Pick, that shirt would be a guaranteed date.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Sharkie posted:

Eh, just toss her the promise of ten bucks, and if by magic it actually gets funded I'll consider it a wager and reimburse you.

Sharkie
Feb 4, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Pick posted:

Eh, just toss her the promise of ten bucks, and if by magic it actually gets funded I'll consider it a wager and reimburse you.

Done...it won't get funded of course, but it's nice to let her know someone thinks Feistybutt is cute.

ThaShaneTrain
Jan 2, 2009

pure mindless vandalism
:smuggo:

"Our Story:

I'm a paragraph. Click here to add your own text and edit me. I’m a great place for you to tell a story and let your users know a little more about you."

It brings up so many emotions

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grim Up North
Dec 12, 2011

Sharkie posted:

Done...it won't get funded of course, but it's nice to let her know someone thinks Feistybutt is cute.

Backed it too. I didn't get in on the Doobie goonrush, but this cat is just too cute. It reminds me of my late cat, actually. :unsmith: