Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Nahxela posted:

Does that mean the probe is now unblockable? Because that's cool
That, or it now fully negates super armor (i.e., Grundy's super will no longer shrug it off).

Regardless, I'm sensing some salty tears coming from this change.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

All right guys, I need some help. I'm a Bane player and I'm kind of halfway passable, but I cannot for the life of me figure out what to do with zoning that I can't just headbutt through. I just lost a match against a really atrocious Deathstroke player because I couldn't figure out how to close the gap between us without eating 2-3 rifle bursts every time.

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

just chillin' in the club
Lipstick Apathy
After blocking the machine gun or ducking the high pistols, you can dash safely. Low pistols->high pistols will hit you if you dash in between, but if you just keep blocking after the low pistols, you can block the high pistols and then dash safely.

Just A Friend
Jan 11, 2010

1.06 Patch notes are up! And it's quite a big one.

All the system changes own. Everyone got buffed or not really changed, except for Superman and Black Adam.

NRS posted:

Superman
Slight hit box adjustment to the Cross Swipe (Toward + Medium) attack.
This might be the biggest change but I guess it depends on what 'slight' really means.

Just A Friend fucked around with this message at 19:37 on Sep 24, 2013

WarEternal
Dec 26, 2010

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!
Interesting change to MB+B3/F3 attacks, they were already powerful and underused, now I expect them to be payed attention to.

Also, huzzah for Black Adam nerfs, that character's the biggest pain in my rear end. The Superman nerfs are pretty decent, it's not just that his F2 hitbox was changed (probably making it less of a catch-all) but also that db2 and air db2 have a longer recovery, his super is 5f instead of 2f now and the scaling for combos off of DB3 which was a big part of his huge corner damage.

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution
Sinestro will never get to keep his trait after clashes

The meter burn changes to B3/F3 are pretty interesting. I agree, they're pretty effective tools that weren't used all too often.

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche
Flash got sort of nerfed. :saddowns:

On the other hand, Zatanna got a nice buff if her teleports will be easier to pull off. I might actually use her now!

The best addition has got to be the rematch button for online matches. Can't think why it wasn't there in the first place.

deepshock
Sep 26, 2008

Poor zombies never stood a chance.
Green Lantern got a really subtle nerf that could have a great effect at a high enough level. No 'OTG' window (which was originally 2 frames) after an EX meter burn. I assume this weakens some of the more ridiculous resets he can do off of that special move.

deepshock fucked around with this message at 20:18 on Sep 24, 2013

Gazaar
Mar 23, 2005

.txt
Catwoman got some fair buffs to help her against extreme zoning, might pick this game back up!

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Krad posted:

Flash got sort of nerfed. :saddowns:
Seriously, what in the loving gently caress.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

Man, Flash got buffs in like 3-4 patches in a row, and he's still getting a tweak to the Flying Uppercut that is a buff overall, so complaining about losing frame advantage on one poke and losing a bit of his absurd damage seems a bit petty to me.

Now that I've read through the notes, most of the changes seem fair and good to me. I think my favorite thing in the whole patch is the system change where you can now select a Quick Rematch online and forego the minute it takes to reload char select, select characters again, select stage, and reload all those assets.

Equilibrium
Mar 19, 2003

by exmarx
drat, Black Adam got wrecked. Can't say he didn't deserve it, that backdash was stupid.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
I can't talk much about changes since they way over my scarce understanding of the game, but this notes sadden me since pretty much killed any chance for more DLC chars :smith:

SuddenBlackout
Apr 3, 2004

I sho' is hungry
Wow, just decided to play online for a lil bit after a break and already managed to get 5 rage quits. I don't understand the mentality of these people, how do you have 2000 matches played and still don't understand the concept of zoning?

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

SuddenBlackout posted:

I don't understand the mentality of these people, how do you have 2000 matches played and still don't understand the concept of zoning?

How many of them were Superman players, that would help explain it. :v:

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I got a Lobo player to ragequit on me the other night, my first ragequit ever. The weird part is that the same guy had already beaten me 3 times through ranked matches that same night. But he would not let my Bane's super animation finish, wouldn't give me the satisfaction.

Naturally, I messaged him "YOU KNOW NOTHING OF STRENGTH".

print scream key
Sep 20, 2012
There's a tournament at my school that I'm planning on entering because I need money (it's in a couple weeks). I've basically played no Injustice, but I do play a lot of SF4 and meet with the local FGC to play at least once a week. I talked to a couple guys at fight night last night and they told me that Superman is probably the overall better choice, but Deathstroke will destroy scrubs for minimal time investment. What character should I pick?

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

kidrobotx posted:

There's a tournament at my school that I'm planning on entering because I need money (it's in a couple weeks). I've basically played no Injustice, but I do play a lot of SF4 and meet with the local FGC to play at least once a week. I talked to a couple guys at fight night last night and they told me that Superman is probably the overall better choice, but Deathstroke will destroy scrubs for minimal time investment. What character should I pick?

Lobo. :getin:

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

just chillin' in the club
Lipstick Apathy
Honestly I think the best choice is Doomsday. You don't need combos, abusing his body splash, earthquake (the move that hits high then low) and EX shoulder charge will get you a ton of wins against people who aren't that good.

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution

kidrobotx posted:

You could pick Green Lantern for easy confirms. Lift a dude and meter burn into a combo, go to town, woo. He also has some projectiles if you want to play lame.
Superman is pretty easy character to lazily play. Jump up, eye beam every now and then. If they're blocking low, meter burn. Sometimes shoot beams on the ground, and f23 funtimes, of course.

Doomsday is pretty rude, yeah. I hate that goddamned quake and meteor smash.

print scream key
Sep 20, 2012
I should also add in that I am aiming for maximum salty tears.

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution
Pick Joker and only use gunshot

Mr Wind Up Bird
Jan 23, 2004

i'm a goddamn coward
but then again so are you
Hawkgirl and spend the whole match hovering in the corner tossing your mace down at them when they try to get close.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

kidrobotx posted:

Get on the Grundy Train, then.

HellCopter
Feb 9, 2012
College Slice

kidrobotx posted:

Grundy is good if you are willing to learn how to use him - that trait grab takes like 7 full seconds to finish and it annoys the hell out of people.

Deathstroke is easymode. Shoot shoot shoot all the time, and even good players will have trouble closing in on you.

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche
Use Luthor. They'll never see it coming.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Jesus, I keep losing against people who have 0/0 scorecards and clearly don't know what the gently caress they're doing. I'm too drat stupid to figure out how to deal with really basic strategies like rifle spam or Superman doing his two-punch combo over and over again.

I might need to stop playing online completely before I kill myself out of shame.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
Doomsday all the way. Easy to use, good damage with knockdowns leading to 50-50 mixups, and just got a nice buff on one of his most useful moves. Only weakness is that Superman absolutely destroys him with his trait.

So what I'm saying is if you want to win, don't use Doomsday...

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
What about Bane?

Breaking people's spines never gets old :allears:

FighterKnuckles
Apr 17, 2010

The truth is in sight!

Nahxela posted:

Pick Joker and only use gunshot

This is the correct option, that and his canisters and never let them in.

print scream key
Sep 20, 2012
So I've learned that XBL players get really mad when you use Deathstroke.

:getin:

TGG
Aug 8, 2003

"I Dare."
I have an inbox full of hatemail that I've earned just using Doomsday. Nothing but "NO COMBO FAG, DROP FROM THE SKY MORE, gently caress YOU BITCH!!!?!?!" for 50+ messages. His bnb combos are dirt simple and while you're only getting 23-30% for each combo they have to fight like hell to keep you away from them and when they finally burn some meter on push block or something you burn meter on shoulder charge/venom drop and now you're in their face again, likely with + frames.

sponsz
Aug 28, 2005

By the whiskers of Kurvi-Tasch!
Yeah, Doomsday's EX Shoulder is so much fun, nothing like someone trying to jump and still getting hit even if they're behind him and in the air, dat hitbox :swoon:

deepshock
Sep 26, 2008

Poor zombies never stood a chance.
The patch is up. GL's reset nerf doesn't feel that bad, and enhanced B3/F3 meterburns feel -so good-, especially as a damage option in combos.

SuddenBlackout
Apr 3, 2004

I sho' is hungry
I didn't read too much of the patch notes but did Scorpion get buffed or something? I played about 4 or 5 in my brief time online again when you never saw him before.

WarEternal
Dec 26, 2010

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!
He did not, in my experience Scorpion is a popular pick with players who just want to win by playing people who don't know how to get around his gimmicks.

Fenn the Fool!
Oct 24, 2006
woohoo
They fixed some glitch with his damage scaling. I don't know what combos where affected but that might be a buff.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
Every time I check this thread I hope to see news that the last few DLC characters are on the Wii U version now. That news is never going to come.

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche
Flash got nerfed hard, now his 111111 corner combo barely reaches 30% instead of 39%.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Children STILL love me, dammit!

Spacebump posted:

Every time I check this thread I hope to see news that the last few DLC characters are on the Wii U version now. That news is never going to come.

You're not alone. I just wanna play some J'onn J'onzz damnit. :smith:

• Locked thread