Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kumaton
Mar 6, 2013

OWLBEARS, SON
Where can I find a decent looking Hawaii shirt for Micheal? He looks incomplete without one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

Dewgy posted:

I got my tractor and I love my tractor, so bite me. :colbert: Kifflom!

I was upset for exactly one second upon finding out I wasn't getting paid. Then I drove down the street in my sweet rear end tractor, flipping off everyone who dared to pass me. :frogc00l:

Sapient Afro
Jan 22, 2012

Well, you threatened to shove a knife up his dickhole.

Kumaton posted:

Where can I find a decent looking Hawaii shirt for Micheal? He looks incomplete without one.

You can find Max Payne's parrot shirt at Suburban

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
So what's the trick to losing the wanted level for the last heist? I've tried eight or nine times now, and no matter where I hide, or how long I'm hidden for, eventually someone knows exactly where I am and I get spotted and have to start all over again. Whether it's a chopper spawning right on top of my location, or a random cop on foot running off the highway right where we are, I always get spotted. Should I try ditching the car and climbing a roof or something? Or will a cop just climb the ladder knowing right where we went?

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Rad Valtar posted:

Pisswasser is now up to $12 on PS3 and just keeps rising. Apparently everyone has not pulled out yet.

Apparently the big coordinated sell-off time is going to be 6pm EST, and it takes 2 hours for the BAWSAQ prices to update. So come 8pm we will find out just how much the stock price is affected by player actions.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

bringer posted:

Depends on the order you choose. A wrench to start will smash him in the knee, I guess choosing it later will give a nut shot

It might be random then, because the wrench was what I started off with when Trevor nutcracked the dude.

Furism
Feb 21, 2006

Live long and headbang

I think you just mentioned everything that bothered me with the game, story-wise, better than my brain could ever articulate.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
:lol: anyone who leads a crew can set the rank up title names for members.

EvilTobaccoExec
Dec 22, 2003

Criminals are a superstitious, cowardly lot, so my disguise must be able to strike terror into their hearts!

Kingtheninja posted:

So what's the trick to losing the wanted level for the last heist? I've tried eight or nine times now, and no matter where I hide, or how long I'm hidden for, eventually someone knows exactly where I am and I get spotted and have to start all over again. Whether it's a chopper spawning right on top of my location, or a random cop on foot running off the highway right where we are, I always get spotted. Should I try ditching the car and climbing a roof or something? Or will a cop just climb the ladder knowing right where we went?

Drive way out into the desert towards Sandy Shores.

The wind turbines are great for taking out helicopters on you, but by the time you get there you'll have probably dodged the wanted level anyway.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

So is there a group or something set up to play this thing online once that goes live? i want to do some heists and poo poo.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Intel&Sebastian posted:

:lol: anyone who leads a crew can set the rank up title names for members.

Ooh, ooh! Dibs on Sycophant! :allears:

Crappy Jack
Nov 21, 2005

We got some serious shit to discuss.

EvilTobaccoExec posted:

Drive way out into the desert towards Sandy Shores.

The wind turbines are great for taking out helicopters on you, but by the time you get there you'll have probably dodged the wanted level anyway.

Yeah, whenever helicopters are an issue, my solution is to find places where helicopters will have issues with me. Driving into the heart of downtown and weaving through skyscrapers tends to shake them pretty well.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!
Decided to jerry can a gas stand as my means of instigating a police chase this time around. Light it, get in my car ready to drive off and the first thing that plays on the radio is Fire Doesn't Burn Itself. If I didn't know better, I'd swear that was scripted to happen. This loving game.

Rad Valtar posted:

Pisswasser is now up to $12 on PS3 and just keeps rising. Apparently everyone has not pulled out yet.

That's also damned amazing; right now I'm looking at a 417% return on my initial investment. :getin:

dvorak
Sep 11, 2003

WARNING: Temporal rift detected!
I was really glad that they stayed away from involving the typical filler missions of rival mob families or triads. Those killed the flow in previous games.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
There's a goon group in the private games sub forum. I'm personally hoping for some new iteration of the OJ chases.

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

Kingtheninja posted:

I wound up driving near the racetrack building off the racetrack parking lot. I'd driven fast enough to shake the chopper and the cars just roamed the parking lot and the highway never noticing me next to the building.

... those are some long-rear end credits. 27 minutes and counting.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Credits are like 30 mins long.

Not as bad as Ubi 45 min bullshit long at least.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Antti posted:

I wound up driving near the racetrack building off the racetrack parking lot. I'd driven fast enough to shake the chopper and the cars just roamed the parking lot and the highway never noticing me next to the building.

... those are some long-rear end credits. 27 minutes and counting.

Is there any reason to sit through the credits? I just pressed a button and skipped them.

Also; I thought I was done letting this game infect my brain after my initial week-long binge of playing it, but I'm reading this news story about a construction CEO who died in a plane crash, and my first thought was "so which stock am I supposed to invest in?"

I feel gross, I'm gonna go read some literature or something

Ainsley McTree fucked around with this message at 21:44 on Sep 30, 2013

theBeaz
Jul 11, 2006

Ghetto Blaster posted:

Some nice infomation on GTA:O in the latest ep of GTA V O'clock. They had access to the Beta: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-EIMSVvJZl0

So jealous of these guys. Sounds soooo awesome. I really hope I get to play tomorrow. C'mon Rockstar you have the sales numbers... please have a properly scaled infrastructure!

Wee Bairns
Feb 10, 2004

Jack Tripper's wingman.

My god, Trevor 's hot rod / atv is amazingly fun to tool around in. It gets incredibly fast, rivaling some super cars, and being skinny it's easy to weave in and around traffic like a motorcycle.

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

I'm not even invested right now since I got spooked last night, but I'm still checking BAWSAQ on my phone at work. Gotta stay on top of PIS prices. Apparently the only thing that keeps me from daytrading in real life is not having millions of dollars, who knew?

Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR
Jesus I entirely forgot I dumped every dime into PIS last night.

see you tomorrow
Jun 27, 2009

Ghetto Blaster posted:

Some nice infomation on GTA:O in the latest ep of GTA V O'clock. They had access to the Beta: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-EIMSVvJZl0

The character creation sounds nuts. Also, car bombs. :getin:

e: the rolling multiplayer gives me some great Burnout Paradise vibes.

see you tomorrow fucked around with this message at 22:03 on Sep 30, 2013

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Chard posted:

I'm not even invested right now since I got spooked last night, but I'm still checking BAWSAQ on my phone at work. Gotta stay on top of PIS prices. Apparently the only thing that keeps me from daytrading in real life is not having millions of dollars, who knew?

If I had that, combined with the option to savescum if things went wrong, I'd be all about it too.

Crows Turn Off
Jan 7, 2008

Does the custom license plate you get from the iFruit app appear on every car you get?

Timeless Appeal
May 28, 2006

Crows Turn Off posted:

Does the custom license plate you get from the iFruit app appear on every car you get?
I think just the default cars the game provides for you.

Marshmallow Blue
Apr 25, 2010
I think my favorite car at the moment is the "not Volkswagon beetle" that's been raised up and has offroad tires. I hope you can customize these, cause that's when I'm spending my money on when R* fixes the garage monster.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Hockles posted:

If that happens, I suggest a PS3 thread and a 360 thread.

I have to agree with this. The ME3 multiplayer thread (PC, Xbox, PS3) was unwieldy as gently caress and pretty much impossible to keep up with unless you devoted like an hour to catching up with it each day.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

Brinner posted:

So it is the first here in Oz. Is GTA Online available now? I'm at work.

I'm surprised people in Australia still think that a date set for a video game could possibly mean their time zone. It's either going to be GMT, EST or PST. Those are the time zones things are released in.

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

You've got to know the rules before you can break 'em. Otherwise, it's no fun.

gently caress gently caress gently caress this third triathalon.

First time I made it to 18 minutes and with NPCs zooming past me I thought I had missed instructions on how to shift the bike. Eventually I hot Dpad right and I abandoned the mission with no notice or confirmation.

Second time I made it to 23 minutes and straight loving died on the beach when I ran into a pole.

Third time I ran over a pedestrian at 27 minutes at the end line for the bikes. got a wanted star, automatically fail.

FOR FUCKS SAKE why have me mash a button for a half a loving hour with no loving checkpoints I can return to. Seriously? What the gently caress is fun about this?

Cactrot
Jan 11, 2001

Go Go Cactus Galactus

Marshmallow Blue posted:

I think my favorite car at the moment is the "not Volkswagon beetle" that's been raised up and has offroad tires. I hope you can customize these, cause that's when I'm spending my money on when R* fixes the garage monster.

You totally can, and when you've got all the engine and turbo upgrades it's so much fun to just bomb around the wilderness in.

I wasted so much time in that car.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!
I so hope that in Online someone sets up a race of some form on the horse racing track. It'd be great for it, and it's woefully underused right now.

e; Thanks to everyone's parachuting tips in the thread, I think I've been able to figure out how to do that reasonably well now too. Managed to nail the few parachute jump events I've done all 100% on the first try so far. :toot:

Lotus Aura fucked around with this message at 22:23 on Sep 30, 2013

Dirk Funk
Mar 17, 2009
Should I dump the Piswasser stock now?

It's up to $12.72 on Xbox now and not sure if its going to crash.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

You could just save, them dump them and save in a different slot and see how it plays out.

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

Dirk Funk posted:

I'm selling mine when I get home just because GTA Online is probably going to screw with Social Club availability and I'd like to have money available. 435% is plenty of earnings too.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Cojawfee posted:

I'm surprised people in Australia still think that a date set for a video game could possibly mean their time zone. It's either going to be GMT, EST or PST. Those are the time zones things are released in.

Except for the very game we're talking about, which even includes the PS3 digital release. New Zealanders IIRC could unlock it at midnight their time and it's why we got the reports of problems with the digital version as early as we did.

Although I think you're right that this is almost certainly going to be a worldwide simultaneous unlock; there is basically zero chance of the Rockstar Social Club working tomorrow.

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.

Dirk Funk posted:

Everyone in the Reddit thread is selling at 6 pm EST so you want to get out between then and 8 PM EST. In case anyone is interested they also have a twitter account with info on when and where they are investing next.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

BitBasher posted:

gently caress gently caress gently caress this third triathalon.

First time I made it to 18 minutes and with NPCs zooming past me I thought I had missed instructions on how to shift the bike. Eventually I hot Dpad right and I abandoned the mission with no notice or confirmation.

Second time I made it to 23 minutes and straight loving died on the beach when I ran into a pole.

Third time I ran over a pedestrian at 27 minutes at the end line for the bikes. got a wanted star, automatically fail.

FOR FUCKS SAKE why have me mash a button for a half a loving hour with no loving checkpoints I can return to. Seriously? What the gently caress is fun about this?

If it isn't fun then just stop doing it

Dirk Funk
Mar 17, 2009

Rad Valtar posted:

Everyone in the Reddit thread is selling at 6 pm EST so you want to get out between then and 8 PM EST. In case anyone is interested they also have a twitter account with info on when and where they are investing next.

Guess I'm dumping now then.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

DLC idea: allow players to campaign for political issues and vote (Prop 208 I'm looking at you) with real-game-world effects. I want to buy stocks in a Medical Cocaine company and then spend all week lobbying and bullying and scamming to get the bill passes so I can break the bank. This would work SP or MP if they did it right.

Dragonatrix posted:

I so hope that in Online someone sets up a race of some form on the horse racing track. It'd be great for it, and it's woefully underused right now.

I have literally zero doubt that it's going to be 'activated' at some point in the future. There are a bunch of currently-useless spots like this, like the empty Flecca branch out by the Alamo Sea.

• Locked thread