Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
I am glad Vinny loved the Ciampa/Cole finish as much as I did.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ch3cooh
Jun 26, 2006

I was listening to the latest MLW with Cornette and holy poo poo do Jim and Court hate Laurinaitis. Anyone know the backstory of Johnny signing the wrong one legged wrestler?

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

ch3cooh posted:

I was listening to the latest MLW with Cornette and holy poo poo do Jim and Court hate Laurinaitis. Anyone know the backstory of Johnny signing the wrong one legged wrestler?

Zack Gowen appeared on TNA and Johnny was told to sign the one legged wrestler. He signed another one by accident. He then had to cut that guy and sign the right one/

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

MassRafTer posted:

Johnny was told to sign the one legged wrestler. He signed another one by accident.

I cannot stop laughing.

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu
And just how did Big Johnny end up in that position? Cornette gives us the abridged version:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HljqU9qIAQY

Perigryn fucked around with this message at 19:38 on Sep 30, 2013

LvK
Feb 27, 2006

FIVE STARS!!

MassRafTer posted:

Zack Gowen appeared on TNA and Johnny was told to sign the one legged wrestler. He signed another one by accident. He then had to cut that guy and sign the right one/

If I remember it right, the wrestler that Johnny Ace signed was a fat guy with diabetes and a fake foot.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

LvK posted:

If I remember it right, the wrestler that Johnny Ace signed was a fat guy with diabetes and a fake foot.

Should've known he was making a mistake when he had to dig up Kerry's grave.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

I adore MLW so much. Everyone on there is an absolute dick, but is a dick in such a different way from each other that it's incredible to hear them interacting. I would listen to Konnan talk politics for hours.

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

flashy_mcflash posted:

I adore MLW so much. Everyone on there is an absolute dick, but is a dick in such a different way from each other that it's incredible to hear them interacting. I would listen to Konnan talk politics for hours.
I still laugh thinking about that whole tirade Konnan went on where he said luchadores give off a 'fat aroma' given some of the women they pull.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!
Konnan and his feud with Cabana is the best.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

LvK posted:

How upset was Kamala when Ace called back?

LvK
Feb 27, 2006

FIVE STARS!!

sportsgenius86 posted:

Booooooooooooo

The Goog
Aug 6, 2007

It's a Goog Day, yes it is!
If there's a burning question you've just been dying to ask the Punchcasters/Wrestleboxers/whatever we're calling ourselves these days, get it in now. And if you asked anything in the past that you think we might have missed, now's a good time to remind us.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

The Goog posted:

If there's a burning question you've just been dying to ask the Punchcasters/Wrestleboxers/whatever we're calling ourselves these days, get it in now. And if you asked anything in the past that you think we might have missed, now's a good time to remind us.

Is there anybody in NXT right now that you think has any potential for a real main event push? Who is Roman Reigns feuding with for the title in 8 years?

Draga
Dec 9, 2011

WASHI JA!
Yo WrestlePunch RadioCast doods. Who are your favourite jobbers, past or present?

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Do you think Sting would have been a big star if he jumped to WWE in the 90s?

For Hulkamatt: Would you rather live with Nikki Bella or Ashley Gold?

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
If/When WWE makes another app based on a superstar, who should it be based on, and what is the premise?

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Okay, I'm about to listen to the Gabe F4radio. I've got my cap and goggles, and full body suit. I'm ready to wade through the bullshit...

sportsgenius86 posted:

:drat:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

The Goog posted:

Talk about Los Matadores. Yes, I know it's not a question.

Draga
Dec 9, 2011

WASHI JA!
What do you think of Mascaritaur Dorito?

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

The Goog posted:

NienNunb posted:

PunchaMatt PodFuGrip: Has there ever been a Meltzer rating that you wholeheartedly disagreed with?

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

We answered that last week!

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
Who are some of the most underrated "wrestling actors?" Like, non-top guys (Rock, Stone Cold, obviously) guys who wouldn't hack it in actual acting but are perfect in wrestling.

Bard Maddox fucked around with this message at 04:13 on Oct 1, 2013

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I'm still waiting for an answer to my Disco Inferno question. :colbert:

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

Bard Maddox posted:

Who are some of the most underrated "wrestling actors?" Like, non-top guys (Rock, Stone Cold, obviously) guys who wouldn't hack it in actualy acting but are perfect in wrestling.

Stevie Richards was pretty great at being a clueless idiot in ECW, and doesn't strike me as one in real life.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

CombineThresher posted:

Stevie Richards was pretty great at being a clueless idiot in ECW, and doesn't strike me as one in real life.

He's a libertarian.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Punchboxers: What are the worst crowds you can remember during a particular show?

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Which wrestler would be best served by a Rudy Ray Moore(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4optjO_XhJc) gimmick?

I Before E fucked around with this message at 04:57 on Oct 1, 2013

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

I Before E posted:

Which wrestler would be best served by a Rudy Ray Moore(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4optjO_XhJc) gimmick?

Well I hate to break it to you but there already was one and he retired a couple years ago

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=27edCfQxnRs

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

oatgan posted:

Well I hate to break it to you but there already was one and he retired a couple years ago

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=27edCfQxnRs

For some reason I'd forgotten about him, but since he's not using it anymore, my question stands.

Also, what are some matches of his I should look for? I assume the Generico one's a must.

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Boy, I think it's about time I tell you the difference between a man and a woman. A woman isn't a woman unless she's pretty. And a man isn't a man unless he's ugly.
I have offered to purchase Big Apple Takedown and send it to HulkaMatt so he can give a book report for the podcast.

He has ignored my offer. So I leave it up to you, the WWE PSP Universe. Are you interested in finding out how Triple H got himself involved with a crystal meth drug sting? Or how John Cena and Torrie Wilson broke up a sex slave trade in Chicago? Or how Chavo Guerrero became a computer hacker?

If so, tell HulkaMatt it is his duty to read this book!

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Jubs posted:

I have offered to purchase Big Apple Takedown and send it to HulkaMatt so he can give a book report for the podcast.

He has ignored my offer. So I leave it up to you, the WWE PSP Universe. Are you interested in finding out how Triple H got himself involved with a crystal meth drug sting? Or how John Cena and Torrie Wilson broke up a sex slave trade in Chicago? Or how Chavo Guerrero became a computer hacker?

Hulkamatt can't read.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Jubs posted:

FUCKIN READ THIS BOOK HULKAMATT

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

I own the book on Kindle and would be willing to do that if Hulkamatt, and the rest of the Punchcast Crucial Crew, all lack the intestinal fortitude to tackle that challenge.

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Boy, I think it's about time I tell you the difference between a man and a woman. A woman isn't a woman unless she's pretty. And a man isn't a man unless he's ugly.

oatgan posted:

I own the book on Kindle and would be willing to do that if Hulkamatt, and the rest of the Punchcast Crucial Crew, all lack the intestinal fortitude to tackle that challenge.

It's HulkaMatt or bust.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

oatgan posted:

You can if you have the proper face for radio.

The Goog
Aug 6, 2007

It's a Goog Day, yes it is!
While we're discussing the potential PSP book club, let's discuss ten wrestling topics!

Specifically, these ten! 1. Integrating the real life relationship between Daniel Bryan and Brie Bella
2. LOS MATADORES
3. Paul Heyman's proposal to Ryback
4. WWE Battleground predictions
5. Will Tetsuya Naito win the New Japan world title?
6. What's your favorite long-term storyline?
7. Would Sting have been a big star if he jumped to the WWF in the '90s?
8. Wrestling Observer Hall of Fame chat
9. What superstar(s) should WWE make an app for next?
10. What are the worst crowds you can remember at pro wrestling shows?

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Jubs posted:

Be a man, Hulk(amatt).

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

MassRafTer posted:

You can if you have the proper face for radio.

I am at least as washed up and doughy as your average sports talk radio guy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Dirt
Jan 1, 2008

This one goes out to all the Legomaniacs!
I just saw Sinn Bodhi (Kizarney) chop 26 watermelons in half on another man's bare stomach, narrowly missing the Guinness World Record for doing this in a minute (27). So, discuss Kizarney, I guess.

To be honest, I'm not sure that I care if you do or not. I just wanted to let people know.

• Locked thread