Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

monster on a stick
Apr 29, 2013

lizzyinthesky posted:

Narrative momentum just flat out dies when your character does in a game with story, I fully agree with her there. The smartest thing GTAV did was have a 'skip sequence' button after you die 3 times on a part of a mission. Can't fly a helicopter? Crash thrice and skip ahead.

LA Noire had that too. I used it during one sequence towards the end. It wasn't a particularly story-important action sequence but the mechanics were very twitchy for the type of game it was (running from a bulldozer, having to jump on a wall, turn around and shoot the windshield until the bulldozer raised the scoop and slowed down, then turn around and keep running until the next wall, etc.) I liked being able to skip that after five tries since (as Hepler points out) it's not going to be very fun even if you do beat it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Tatum Girlparts posted:

Big FYAD is actually in the pocket of Subway, it all makes sense.

It would explain all the footlong signatures.

Sharkie
Feb 4, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Caring about stuff is lame. *posts something about anne frank and fags for the thousandth time*

Ryaomon
Mar 19, 2007
Ask me about being a racist piece of shit with a racist gimmick
How is this Doobie fella supposed to compete with Jim's Hot Dog Hole? He's already lost in the name department. But maybe he can win the town over with his quality foo-

Oh, right.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

...of SCIENCE! posted:

Three pages of Stone Cold Steve Austin is funnier than the preceding 45 pages of "lol I'm not buying my kids Christmas presents I'm giving the money to the Dawg Shack instead. Just dumped my girlfriend so I have one less expense time to up my pledge lmao. Make him put the OP on a bronze plaque for some true epic winnery" combined.

Doobie's Dog Shack got funded, Goons made a man's dream come true, let it die with what little dignity remains.

The whole thing got a little self congratulatory and schmaltzy I agree but it's worth mentioning several of the more ridiculous stories were actually just FYAD trolls, and the thread otherwise would have been kept open for post-fudning news, trip reports etc, it's not like it had to ~die now~ to stop goons running it into the ground.

Tatum Girlparts posted:

Yea I thought it was kinda funny in a thread that spun into pages upon pages of secret handshakes and plaque talks, but I dunno man that's just one guy's opinion. I don't think there's 'admin intrigue' at play I think the mod just found a funny way to close the thread for a bit.

Not everything is Game of Thrones, some things are Stone Cold, and figuring out the difference is key to survival in life.

Bear in mind it's not just this thread, Skylark is allowed to troll YOSPOS with pretty much impunity despite everyone there hating him (not that I'm a fan of YOSPOS tbh), the last two mods of QCS have been FYAD personalities and they doxxed and ran Eggplant Wizard out of the forum and revealed her internet kink-stuff to her IRL colleagues too without anyone suffering any consquences. That actually is because the admins like/want to impress them and they're treated with special privileges as a result.

Michael Bayleaf
Jun 4, 2006

Tortured By Flan

A Steampunk Gent posted:

The whole thing got a little self congratulatory and schmaltzy I agree but it's worth mentioning several of the more ridiculous stories were actually just FYAD trolls, and the thread otherwise would have been kept open for post-fudning news, trip reports etc, it's not like it had to ~die now~ to stop goons running it into the ground.

Bear in mind it's not just this thread, Skylark is allowed to troll YOSPOS with pretty much impunity despite everyone there hating him (not that I'm a fan of YOSPOS tbh), the last two mods of QCS have been FYAD personalities and they doxxed and ran Eggplant Wizard out of the forum and revealed her internet kink-stuff to her IRL colleagues too without anyone suffering any consquences. That actually is because the admins like/want to impress them and they're treated with special privileges as a result.

You are the reason this thing had to happen

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Skylark would be ridiculed for posting low quality trolls and burns in fyad, so we let him practice in the pos.

A Pinball Wizard
Mar 23, 2005

I know every trick, no freak's gonna beat my hands

College Slice

A Steampunk Gent posted:

Bear in mind it's not just this thread, Skylark is allowed to troll YOSPOS with pretty much impunity despite everyone there hating him
Skylark gets probated all the time.

quote:

MODS DID EPW

This is just bullshit.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Ryaomon posted:

How is this Doobie fella supposed to compete with Jim's Hot Dog Hole? He's already lost in the name department. But maybe he can win the town over with his quality foo-

Oh, right.

No but see he put a frog on his shack and he'll make sure his hotdogs come from local stores.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Tatum Girlparts posted:

Not everything is Game of Thrones, some things are Stone Cold, and figuring out the difference is key to survival in life.

Wait explain? As someone who got a Red Wedding avatar this is relevant to my interests

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Alan Smithee posted:

Wait explain? As someone who got a Red Wedding avatar this is relevant to my interests

See sometimes the mods and admins are in a covert shadow game, vying for power over their kingdoms while defending themselves from the machinations of their rivals.

Usually though they're just running into threads dropping Stunners on people and chugging beer.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Thanks for the cutting-edge criticism, guys, it's awfully brave of you to swarm these threads, ignorant comments a-spouting, now that the pledge drive is over.

Hopefully you'll be able to expose the great evil that's afoot in here! (Or at least get some sweet e-cred)

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

What's FYAD?

Clever Spambot
Sep 16, 2009

You've lost that lovin' feeling,
Now it's gone...gone...
GONE....

steinrokkan posted:

Thanks for the cutting-edge criticism, guys, it's awfully brave of you to swarm these threads, ignorant comments a-spouting, now that the pledge drive is over.

Hopefully you'll be able to expose the great evil that's afoot in here! (Or at least get some sweet e-cred)

I cant tell which side you are even trying to passive aggressive here.

Fiendish Dr. Wu
Nov 11, 2010

You done fucked up now!
Hey cool 48 new posts in the kickstarter thread, must be something coo-

:stare:

Zybourne Clock
Oct 25, 2011

Poke me.
Of all the dubious iPhone peripheral crowdfunding campaigns, this one is the strangest. It's a 'personal massager' that doubles as a powerbank for your phone/tablet/whatever. Who came up with this idea, and why? To shut off the device you have to press and hold a switch that's hidden below the rubber encasing, so if you're ever in an important meeting and this thing accidentally switches on, you'll either have to take it out for several seconds to switch it off or hope that nobody asks why your purse is quivering like that.

Are you drinking enough water? You don't know? Well, here's a $59 plastic bottle that can tell you when and how much you need to drink. Or you can just drink when you're thirsty or something, like a filthy animal.

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
More trawling the local listings in an attempt to wash FYAD out of our hair.

AMERICAN BLOOD BROTHERS Movie Project

Let's start off with the most well-written redneck movie plan writeup I've ever seen. I might be saying this because I've seen what's coming next, but there's no lovely formatting, there's actual concept art, and they have written a full screenplay. They even wrote up a really exhaustive page there on Kickstarter! I think Kickstarter is lowering my standards.

Dr. Knockboots - The Web Series

This one's kinda pathetic. Are they trying to be some sort of low-rent Tyler Perry? They haven't gotten a single backer, update, comment, nothing.

Oh, but it's "surpassed 7,500 views on Youtube thus far?" SIGN ME UP. You couldn't get a single one of them over on your kickstarter? Poor bastards.

SoBrown and the Seven Pharoahs

File this one under "The maker is overly enamoured with their own product." There's not much detail in the description, honestly. The "risks and challenges" almost entirely ignores talking about risks and challenges. Instead they gush about it until finally meandering around to the fact that it may be expensive to get quality stuff. Four backers. No comments. Not a single goddamn update.

InJustice for All...Summary MisJudgment

The gently caress is this? They compare intellectual property thieves to pedophiles in the second paragraph in the CREEPIEST WAY. The formatting really adds to the "letters cut out of a magazine in a ransom note" feel of the thing.

SoundMonkey
Apr 22, 2006

I just push buttons.

Zybourne Clock posted:

Are you drinking enough water? You don't know? Well, here's a $59 plastic bottle that can tell you when and how much you need to drink. Or you can just drink when you're thirsty or something, like a filthy animal.

If this was insulated and didn't look dumb I'd probably use it for beer.

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012

They post cool gifs of Stone Cold Steve Austin and people get all riled up because GBS is full of The Rock supporters.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Ryaomon posted:

Oh, right.

Those aren't representative of the final product, he already had established a food cart before and was relatively successful but had damage due to a storm. Perhaps actually know what you're talking about before talking about it?

FYAD has not only ruined the thread for this, but now it's ruining this thread a a byproduct. Fantastic.

Michael Bayleaf
Jun 4, 2006

Tortured By Flan

TheJoker138 posted:

Those aren't representative of the final product, he already had established a food cart before and was relatively successful but had damage due to a storm. Perhaps actually know what you're talking about before talking about it?

That troll really needs to bone up on his frog dog lore.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Lord Binky posted:

That troll really needs to bone up on his frog dog lore.

Knowing about a thing before "ironically" ruining a charity drive might be a positive thing to do, yes, and make everyone involved look like you know...not a group of horrible assholes, seething in a secret clubhouse, hating anything positive and sincere that is happening elsewhere on the forums.

Sex Beef 2.0
Jan 14, 2012

TheJoker138 posted:

FYAD has not only ruined the thread for this, but now it's ruining this thread a a byproduct. Fantastic.

You could stop talking about it.

Big Milton Fan Here
Apr 16, 2011

by Ralp
All I need to know is that he slathered hot dogs in diarrhea and goons gave him $13k+ for a space toilet or something.

SoundMonkey
Apr 22, 2006

I just push buttons.

TheJoker138 posted:

It was just a bunch of pictures of Steve Austin, man. Also there's a strong possibility that this isn't the PYF Forum You Don't Like thread.

Hat Thoughts posted:

They post cool gifs of Stone Cold Steve Austin and people get all riled up because GBS is full of The Rock supporters.

Furthermore it's just presumptuous and cruel to imply that I support The Rock.

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012

TheJoker138 posted:

Knowing about a thing before "ironically" ruining a charity drive might be a positive thing to do, yes, and make everyone involved look like you know...not a group of horrible assholes, seething in a secret clubhouse, hating anything positive and sincere that is happening elsewhere on the forums.

Dude, the guy got more than double-funded, helping a man build a hot dog joint is nice but isn't really charity, and you can still find the thread and kickstarter if you want to, and all anyone actually did was post a gif of Steve Austin.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

SoundMonkey posted:

It was just a bunch of pictures of Steve Austin, man. Also there's a strong possibility that this isn't the PYF Forum You Don't Like thread.

I have no strong feelings about FYAD one way or the other. I have never "got" it, but whatever, people can do what they like. And yes, it was just a bunch of pictures of Steve Austin. For three pages. That ended with the thread being closed. All because they just didn't like the fact that people were supporting this guy for...uh...reasons? There's a thread in FYAD where they're all talking about how much they hated that thread and patting themselves on the back about getting it closed. I still don't "get" FYAD I guess, and I probably never will if this is the type of thing they're proud of.

I'll stop talking about it though, and let this thread hopefully get back to their regularly scheduled bad kickstarters.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

TheJoker138 posted:

I have no strong feelings about FYAD one way or the other.

Are you sure?

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

TheJoker138 posted:

I have no strong feelings about FYAD one way or the other. I have never "got" it, but whatever, people can do what they like. And yes, it was just a bunch of pictures of Steve Austin. For three pages. That ended with the thread being closed. All because they just didn't like the fact that people were supporting this guy for...uh...reasons? There's a thread in FYAD where they're all talking about how much they hated that thread and patting themselves on the back about getting it closed. I still don't "get" FYAD I guess, and I probably never will if this is the type of thing they're proud of.

I'll stop talking about it though, and let this thread hopefully get back to their regularly scheduled bad kickstarters.

The reason they did it was because it was loving funny. Hope this helps!

Big Milton Fan Here
Apr 16, 2011

by Ralp
There has to be a better word than "charity" to refer to that abomination.

Noni
Jul 8, 2003
ASK ME ABOUT DEFRAUDING GOONS WITH HOT DOGS AND HOW I BANNED EPIC HAMCAT
Let's talk about awful kickstarters, guys. Don't worry about Doobie hotdogs or FYAD or frogs. :)

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Noni posted:

Let's talk about awful kickstarters, guys. Don't worry about Doobie hotdogs or FYAD or frogs. :)

What about The Rock? Regardless of how you feel about The Rock, Dwayne Johnson is the loving MAN

dijon du jour
Mar 27, 2013

I'm shy

Zybourne Clock posted:

[url="http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/irejoy-world-s-first-powerbank-massager-vibrator"]

quote:

iRejoy is a massager that’s portable and small enough to be carried inside a purse and practical enough not to keep locked up in your closet.

Because Stress happens anytime , anywhere .

Alarm clock didn't go off? Take a minute for a session with your vibrator!
Mechanics find some more things wrong with your car? Pull out your vibrator right there in the waiting room!
Late for work and waiting for the bus? Help pass the time with your vibrator!
Boss been riding your rear end all day? Your vibrator can help!
Spending another night alone with a bottle of champagne? Your vibrator is the only friend you need!

Also I feel the need to point out that this project is already fully funded. People are apparently really loving excited to "remove perception of vibrators as sex toys." (Their words, not mine)

SoundMonkey
Apr 22, 2006

I just push buttons.

dijon du jour posted:

Also I feel the need to point out that this project is already fully funded. People are apparently really loving excited to "remove perception of vibrators as sex toys." (Their words, not mine)

If people are already abusing vidja game controllers as sex toys, phone cases aren't really that surprising.

Countdown to sudden spike in the number of people buying phone insurance that covers water damage.

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012

The conclusion we have all been waiting for

Sex Beef 2.0
Jan 14, 2012

Hat Thoughts posted:

Is this from that guy who made that Sonic fan film with lots of ~internet cameos~ ?

ThirdEmperor
Aug 7, 2013

BEHOLD MY GLORY

AND THEN

BRAWL ME

Alan Smithee posted:

What about The Rock? Regardless of how you feel about The Rock, Dwayne Johnson is the loving MAN

If the Rock had a Kickstarter, I'd back it.
Especially if it was a hotdog Kickstarter.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Fatkraken posted:

Plus I seem to recall a few projects that proposed live animal rewards (I can't remember specifics so I might be wrong on this), and that one that involved a toy where the recipient would be mutilating cockroaches (something that an actual researcher would have to go through a fair bit of ethics red tape to be allowed to do) to make it work.

No, the only invertebrates for which any ethics paperwork is required are cephalopods, and even that is recent.

SoundMonkey
Apr 22, 2006

I just push buttons.

ThirdEmperor posted:

If the Rock had a Kickstarter, I'd back it.
Especially if it was a hotdog Kickstarter.

At least we'd finally know what he was cookin'.

Hat Thoughts posted:

You guys saw how huge a thing this is going to be, right? There's a PLUS after the '30'. This could be MORE THAN thirty minutes long. That's some Lord of the Rings poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

SoundMonkey posted:

At least we'd finally know what he was cookin'.

You guys saw how huge a thing this is going to be, right? There's a PLUS after the '30'. This could be MORE THAN thirty minutes long. That's some Lord of the Rings poo poo.

*Movie is 30:01 long