Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
admiral.baby
May 1, 2009

Badfinger posted:

Man, leveling slows to a crawl after hitting 50. I know the level pools are much larger and the exp gains are larger to compensate, but it feels like a drag. Is there any way to speed up the process besides random IA and hate yourself?

Warfronts make it go much more quickly, I found, until about 57 or 58. I didn't find the leveling to be slow at all, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wyman
Feb 5, 2008
I'd like to join the guild, in game name is Wyman.

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

I got the design for the new Wis+SP aug so if anyone wants one made toss me a line.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

KaneTW posted:

I got the design for the new Wis+SP aug so if anyone wants one made toss me a line.

drat it, of course none of my money is on Deepwood :qq:

Badfinger
Dec 16, 2004

Timeouts?!

We'll take care of that.

Eltoasto posted:

FYI level 50+ dudes we need to reach 60:

But I'm doing... things... this weekend. :negative:

I bought the 3 day patron pass a couple weeks ago to buy the SL souls, and I used one but didn't have time to do the others. I figured the XP potions would bank. When the weekend was over, they were gone. :(

do u believe in marigolds
Sep 13, 2007

Badfinger posted:

But I'm doing... things... this weekend. :negative:

I bought the 3 day patron pass a couple weeks ago to buy the SL souls, and I used one but didn't have time to do the others. I figured the XP potions would bank. When the weekend was over, they were gone. :(

They're abilities you find in the patron tab in your spell book not actual potions.

Top Bunk Wanker
Jan 31, 2005

Top Trump Anger
Speaking of Warfronts, I'm a sub-50 warrior who hasn't played since last year's Summerfest, and the way I remember it working before was you walked up to somebody and hit Rift Storm and they died from it, but now none of my abilities actually seem to do damage to enemy players now, even the ones with really high numbers like this Cornered Beast thing that says 3769.

Vendictus Prime
Feb 28, 2013

Now I am become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Top Bunk Wanker posted:

Speaking of Warfronts, I'm a sub-50 warrior who hasn't played since last year's Summerfest, and the way I remember it working before was you walked up to somebody and hit Rift Storm and they died from it, but now none of my abilities actually seem to do damage to enemy players now, even the ones with really high numbers like this Cornered Beast thing that says 3769.

There have been extensive changes to all classes, including warriors in that time. There usually is a message at login but, If you haven't already done so, Check your skill trees and make sure all your points are allocated and they haven't been reset as Trion has done this at least once since the time you said you last played. Many of the warrior souls have had big changes also and skills have been nerfed, buffed and changed a lot.

Grittykitty
Aug 10, 2004
Sand makes it scratchy
Soiled Meat
I'm trying to finish off leveling my 55 cleric through PVP in the warfronts but need some recommendations for a PVP healing spec. Any suggestions?

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

Defiler is pretty nice in PvP.

Badfinger
Dec 16, 2004

Timeouts?!

We'll take care of that.

Oraculum Animi posted:

They're abilities you find in the patron tab in your spell book not actual potions.

I got a consumable that loaded it into the tab. What I meant was I was hopeful that paying for the privilege would let me use all the charges, and it did not.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

Machai posted:

Defiler is pretty nice in PvP.

Defiler is the best at everything. I'm not biased or anything!

Thyrork
Apr 21, 2010

"COME PLAY MECHS M'LANCER."

Or at least use Retrograde Mini's to make cool mechs and fantasy stuff.

:awesomelon:
Slippery Tilde
Man Purifier looks and feels great now. Not had a chance to take it out for a proper spin, but they did a good job from what my old class leader told me. :haw:

Bo Bo Ska Diddle
Dec 3, 2011
I am Magnund in game.

shut up gelly
Oct 27, 2011

breaker x-1 and twins look kinda meh as fights, but volan is definitely cool as gently caress

e: also

shut up gelly fucked around with this message at 04:20 on Sep 30, 2013

Void Chicken
Jan 13, 2007
Ah why the hell not. I raided with you jerks way back when, so I might as well give this game another go.

Started a new character, so invite Baraya.

Murvin
Jan 7, 2008
Jet-setter and raconteur

Hey so tonight is Monday which means another go at Regulos tonight. We need our best and brightest raid ready folks to show up tonight to finally get this sucker down (we will). Thanks in advance, see you all later!

Eiderann
Jan 28, 2007

Restrict the restless hands, which quickly become the workmates of the Outsider.
Hope you guys are doing well and kicking lots of raid butt. :unsmith:

necrotic
Aug 2, 2005
I owe my brother big time for this!

Eiderann posted:

Hope you guys are doing well and kicking lots of raid butt. :unsmith:

We are doing okay. 8/9 almost every Wednesday. We're really close to killing regulos, but we've had some attendance issues/lots of new people coming in. We've gotten to 25% several times now, at least. As for 10 mans: we've killed Salvarola twice now! Tomorrow night we're going to put some solid effort into Ultane.

Hope things are going awesome for you :unsmith:

deimos
Nov 30, 2006

Forget it man this bat is whack, it's got poobrain!

necrotic posted:

We are doing okay. 8/9 almost every Wednesday. We're really close to killing regulos, but we've had some attendance issues/lots of new people coming in. We've gotten to 25% several times now, at least. As for 10 mans: we've killed Salvarola twice now! Tomorrow night we're going to put some solid effort into Ultane.

Hope things are going awesome for you :unsmith:

We are probably the only guild in the game that is 3/4 GA that doesn't have Regulos on farm.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

I miss Raum and Kerrzhe :( We shall slay Regulos in your honor. Or like, wipe repeatedly in your honor.

WhiteBoyShuffle
Nov 1, 2004
Something about this keeps pulling me back in. Looking for an invite for Eloelle.

necrotic
Aug 2, 2005
I owe my brother big time for this!

deimos posted:

We are probably the only guild in the game that is 3/4 GA that doesn't have Regulos on farm.

Well, I was hoping we would get to 4/4 GA before we killed Regulos, but...

this works too!

do u believe in marigolds
Sep 13, 2007

Eltoasto posted:

I miss Raum and Kerrzhe :( We shall slay Regulos in your honor. Or like, wipe repeatedly in your honor.

We did both.

Rianeva
Mar 8, 2009

necrotic posted:

this works too!

Congrats! :D

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

necrotic posted:

Well, I was hoping we would get to 4/4 GA before we killed Regulos, but...

this works too!

Way to leave out the achievent earned :3:.

But grats

Also do any of you have one of the good wisdom/sp or wisdom/cp augments? I might need to set up a mule if I still can't get a drat drop

Zoness fucked around with this message at 08:38 on Oct 1, 2013

Daerc
Sep 23, 2007

Look! A door! This must mean something!

Zoness posted:

Way to leave out the achievent earned :3:.

But grats

Also do any of you have one of the good wisdom/sp or wisdom/cp augments? I might need to set up a mule if I still can't get a drat drop

Esthi does. I think it's wisdom/sp.

e: also I am somewhat amused by just how much cleaner we became on the last few attempts. And that I'm pretty sure we're now the only 9/9 0/4 HM 3/4 GA guild.

Daerc fucked around with this message at 09:31 on Oct 1, 2013

shut up gelly
Oct 27, 2011

Daerc posted:

Esthi does. I think it's wisdom/sp.

e: also I am somewhat amused by just how much cleaner we became on the last few attempts. And that I'm pretty sure we're now the only 9/9 0/4 HM 3/4 GA guild.

white fang are as well (they may have finished ga by now)

that kind of progression is not too outlandish since GA only requires 10 players who are competent, while hard modes require a full 20man to be paying attention (especially gelidra).

salvarola is, for the most part, a player check rather than a gear check. it's a very good fight to discriminate who is doing good dps with or without a relic weapon. people (e: dps, obviously the pyrochon/bard should be closer to 15k or 10k respectively) with less than 20k dps in p1 are most definitely not pulling their weight.

shut up gelly fucked around with this message at 14:29 on Oct 1, 2013

Kreczor
Oct 30, 2011

I'd still rather play with medieval knights online then go outside and "hang out".

shut up gelly posted:

people (e: dps, obviously the pyrochon/bard should be closer to 15k or 10k respectively) with less than 20k dps in p1 are most definitely not pulling their weight.

Not at all. I was sitting at 18.5k and Antaris at 19k I believe.

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

shut up gelly posted:

less than 20k dps in p1 are most definitely not pulling their weight.

What? We have gone 9/9 in 3-4hrs for a couple months and almost have Breaker down with key players missing since the patch hit and I have never seen any of our DPS over maybe 18k...ever. How are people pulling over 20k? Is my guild using terrible specs?

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

20k is definitely in the realm of possibility, it just takes a shitload of effort to get to that number.

shut up gelly
Oct 27, 2011

Machai posted:

What? We have gone 9/9 in 3-4hrs for a couple months and almost have Breaker down with key players missing since the patch hit and I have never seen any of our DPS over maybe 18k...ever. How are people pulling over 20k? Is my guild using terrible specs?

short answer: yes, your dps are most likely not min/maxing enough, especially your dps clerics. with nobody over 20k you are most definitely going to have trouble with the enrage on twins (we've hit enrage with about 230k raid dps, and our first twins kill was about ~250k just after enrage), though breaker should be fine.

here's our breaker kill for reference. you can see the clerics getting close to 30k dps on the first burn phase. at the end i'm 4th on dps and you can see i'm 2k dps behind our shamans/melee rogue.

Kreczor posted:

Not at all. I was sitting at 18.5k and Antaris at 19k I believe.

huh. how many adds did you kill?

deimos
Nov 30, 2006

Forget it man this bat is whack, it's got poobrain!

shut up gelly posted:

huh. how many adds did you kill?

One.

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

shut up gelly posted:

especially your dps clerics.
We have like 1-2 DPS clerics in any given fight and like half our DPS core is rogues. Our rogues are kinda meh except for one or two of them (and they don't come to GA :( Never gonna get through a Salvarola add phase).

I think we need to start cracking down on people a little more.

e: VVV I defile 95% of the time and heal the other 5% so I have like one piece of CP gear. My DPS is a pretty sucky 13-14k and yet on Kyzan while I was playing DPS, when the tank died he would come after me next. I wasn't running group meters so idk what others were at (I was at 14-15k with plenty of disconnects), but that seems terrible. Maybe I should run raid meters again and have a chat with my officers.

Machai fucked around with this message at 16:01 on Oct 1, 2013

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
Some of us have to dps while geared for healing :allears: (I'm just mad that this is a thing thanks obama).

Seriously gently caress greaters

Also i'm awful at using crit pots correctly :smith:

Zoness fucked around with this message at 16:43 on Oct 1, 2013

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

Zoness posted:

Also i'm awful at using crit pots correctly :smith:

Roll a mage, pop a crit pot whenever you're about to heat wave or use empyrean ascension up (I wish I'd actually do that)

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

Machai posted:

We have like 1-2 DPS clerics in any given fight and like half our DPS core is rogues. Our rogues are kinda meh except for one or two of them (and they don't come to GA :( Never gonna get through a Salvarola add phase).

I think we need to start cracking down on people a little more.

e: VVV I defile 95% of the time and heal the other 5% so I have like one piece of CP gear. My DPS is a pretty sucky 13-14k and yet on Kyzan while I was playing DPS, when the tank died he would come after me next. I wasn't running group meters so idk what others were at (I was at 14-15k with plenty of disconnects), but that seems terrible. Maybe I should run raid meters again and have a chat with my officers.

When we ran Kyzan with 0 support classes at the start of 2.3 getting 15k on inquisitor (old rotation) was a challenge.

Now if he doesn't ruin you on phase rip you can get a lot higher (need to check my logs etc etc).

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

I just realized I don't even run crit pots or rift consumables when I DPS. And I still beat a few of our full time DPSers by a couple thousand DPS. Maybe someone else should be defiler :smuggo:

SlayVus
Jul 10, 2009
Grimey Drawer

Machai posted:

I just realized I don't even run crit pots or rift consumables when I DPS. And I still beat a few of our full time DPSers by a couple thousand DPS. Maybe someone else should be defiler :smuggo:

So, how does this work? Activate a crit pot when you're about to use your highest damaging ability? For example, for Tempest's finisher that deals damage equal to 75% of the damage from the next three abilities.

Also, is there any substitute for a Choloromancer's Wild Growth in a raid?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

SlayVus posted:

Also, is there any substitute for a Choloromancer's Wild Growth in a raid?

Power Core from a tactician.

• Locked thread