Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
Reaper: Murderer of disposable Income

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bobvonunheil
Mar 18, 2007

Board games and tea
JUST TODAY I finally got my Bones to me. Now they're doing another one already? Goddammit.

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look
Yeah tell me about it! I still haven't paid for mine yet, so I may very well be pledging for this one before I even get my Bones 1 set.

Iris of Ether
Sep 29, 2005

Valkyrie is not amused
One of my friends just asked if I was going to be able to paint my Bones and Gnomes up before Bones 2 arrived. I've got a year, though, right? :ohdear:

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

19 hours!

that's... 7 Am pacific, if I'm not mistaken. I should be up at 7:45 tomorrow morning (godawful 8 AM tuesday meeting, ugh) so I'm hoping to get in on some kind of early-bird deal. I hope they're not gone in the first hour. :ohdear:

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

10AM for me (east coast), so I'll be ready to go hog wild!
:10bux::10bux::10bux:
:10bux: :dance: :10bux:
:10bux::10bux::10bux:

homullus
Mar 27, 2009

Leperflesh posted:

19 hours!

that's... 7 Am pacific, if I'm not mistaken. I should be up at 7:45 tomorrow morning (godawful 8 AM tuesday meeting, ugh) so I'm hoping to get in on some kind of early-bird deal. I hope they're not gone in the first hour. :ohdear:

There weren't any early bird deals last time, just limited slots for greens and other treats. The greatness of the deal simply came from their blowing past stretch goal after stretch goal, adding more minis to the deal at the same price, which in turn made more people pledge.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

I just hope they have their little stretch goal graphic map adventure thing planned out further than last time, I feel like they kind of phoned in the adventure map for the last half a dozen stretch goals and that completely ruined everything for me, I didn't even want my minis after that. :saddowns:

bobvonunheil
Mar 18, 2007

Board games and tea
Oh poo poo I finally worked out what that weird spiky cloud was supposed to be. For some reason I always thought it was supposed to be an altar to some Eldritch horror.

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

Bad Munki posted:

I just hope they have their little stretch goal graphic map adventure thing planned out further than last time, I feel like they kind of phoned in the adventure map for the last half a dozen stretch goals and that completely ruined everything for me, I didn't even want my minis after that. :saddowns:

What, the hundreds of minis were a turn-off?

Anyway, 7 AM PST is 2 PM in the UK so that gives me something to look forward to.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

krushgroove posted:

I melted them all in protest of the lackluster stretch goal art.

Which is why I'm so amped up for Bones 2: 2 Bone 2 Burious, because I have no minis now.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

krushgroove posted:

Anyway, 7 AM PST is 2 PM in the UK so that gives me something to look forward to.

7 AM PDT, just to be pedantic but possibly be important. I'm always loving up time zones.

But just click here and add that many hours to whatever is showing on your watch and you're good.

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look
Yeah, about 2 PM for us in Blighty then. We shall see what we shall see! If there's more dragons and large models I'm totally in. And if there's hordes of things like dungeon filler things. Also if there's like fantasy adventurer types. Or if there's any modern/sci-fi stuff. Or paints. Pretty much anything really.

Bad Munki posted:

I melted them all in protest of the lackluster stretch goal art.

Which is why I'm so amped up for Bones 2: 2 Bone 2 Burious, because I have no minis now.

Well I'll think of all that melted Bonesium when I'm opening up my package tomorrow - I just paid the Customs fees today and should get all my paints and models at work. Then I get to see if I'm one of the lucky ones with missing bits, ugh.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

krushgroove posted:

Yeah, about 2 PM for us in Blighty then. We shall see what we shall see! If there's more dragons and large models I'm totally in. And if there's hordes of things like dungeon filler things. Also if there's like fantasy adventurer types. Or if there's any modern/sci-fi stuff. Or paints. Pretty much anything really.

Well I'll think of all that melted Bonesium when I'm opening up my package tomorrow - I just paid the Customs fees today and should get all my paints and models at work. Then I get to see if I'm one of the lucky ones with missing bits, ugh.

Don't worry, after sitting in a hot warehouse for so long, I'm sure it'll just be one big lump of melted plastic.

bobvonunheil
Mar 18, 2007

Board games and tea

Bad Munki posted:

Don't worry, after sitting in a hot warehouse for so long, I'm sure it'll just be one big lump of melted plastic.

Amazingly, they seem to reform pretty well by themselves just by putting them in hot water. I'm pretty sure you could get a solid mass of melted Bones figures, put them in boiling water, and a hundred individual miniatures would come out.

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010
Anyone else encountered miscast faces? Like sunken eyes, sculpt too flat where material should be in the original, that sort of thing? Did you report it to Reaper?

ed: Reaper just told me to list them too, except these minis where the whole run was ruined:

80003 Ellen Stone
80006 Dita, Steampunk Witch
77057 Juliette, Female Sorceress
77087 Townfolk: Mom & Kids
77093 Drago Voss, Male Assassin (if you can't find this one on the breakdown it's one of the drawings)

Pierzak fucked around with this message at 00:14 on Oct 1, 2013

JackMann
Aug 11, 2010

Secure. Contain. Protect.
Fallen Rib

Latest teaser image. Well, we can see that Sir Justin Forscale has returned. Seems to be standing next to some sort of dragon or other scaled creature.

JackMann fucked around with this message at 07:26 on Oct 1, 2013

drgnvale
Apr 30, 2004

A sword is not cutlery!

JackMann posted:

Latest teaser image. Well, we can see that Sir Justin Forscale has returned. Seems to be standing next to some sort of dragon or other scaled creature.

You should probably re-host that image.

JackMann
Aug 11, 2010

Fallen Rib

drgnvale posted:

You should probably re-host that image.

Fixed.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

drat it, reveal your secrets to meeeee!

e: It's uppppp!

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1513061270/reaper-miniatures-bones-ii-the-return-of-mr-bones?ref=live

Paolomania
Apr 26, 2006

^^^
Oooh, smooth edit.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1513061270/reaper-miniatures-bones-ii-the-return-of-mr-bones?ref=live

Dagon
Apr 16, 2003

$30k in 3 minutes god drat.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Wow, better move fast: it's all limited sets of tiers. At this point, you either:

a) get access to any addons you want only, you don't get the "main" set as part of your pledge. This just buys you access to the KS rewards. (500 seats)

b) get in on wave 1 shipping, main set plus stretch goals (2000 seats)

c) get in on wave 2 shipping, main set plus stretch goals (2000 seats)

Wave 1 is already 25% gone, wave 2 is 5% gone.

e: $50k[s] [s]$60k $70k pledged. :stare:

They're doing about 8-10k per minute.

Bad Munki fucked around with this message at 15:09 on Oct 1, 2013

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look
Well, that didn't take long at all.

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010
Looking kinda meh at the moment. Buy in now before it's gone!, no shipping costs for ROW specified, plus the shipping hassle last time, plus the core set isn't as bloated with stretch rewards as last time... Wake me up once they hit $1M or so.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

So out the door, we're looking at 54 minis for $100, assuming you go for one of the core sets. 24 of those minis are repeats from the existing line of available bones, the other 30 are new. Of course, we've already hit one stretch goal we have on the map, but it's at $120k now so there are probably at least, what, two more stretch goals? Three? Four? No telling what's in those markers, though. So even now, that's $2 per mini, which is just dandy.

And that wave 1 shipping is down to 800 seats, good lord.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Pierzak posted:

Looking kinda meh at the moment. Buy in now before it's gone!, no shipping costs for ROW specified, plus the shipping hassle last time, plus the core set isn't as bloated with stretch rewards as last time... Wake me up once they hit $1M or so.

Shipping costs were stated as clearly as possible: ROW pays actual shipping costs. They can't give you that number yet because the weight of the package isn't known yet, but you can make a guess and decide whether or not you can afford it based on that.

Also, remember: the core set (vampire level) last time started small too. It only got so intensely ridiculous because goals kept being met. We've already hit probably three or four, and we're 20 minutes in.

I think they're doing something really critically different this time: there is ONLY limited seating available. There won't be a billion orders to poo poo out at the end of this, there will be NO MORE than 4500. Period, at all, ever. I suspect turnaround time will be much more accurately predicted because of that: a known number of orders is something they, as an experienced company, can pretty readily account for.

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

Pierzak posted:

The shipping hassles may be why they're limiting it to 4000 total sets (for now). I pledged just to get my order in.

e: aaaand the first add-on is already emailed out

neonchameleon
Nov 14, 2012

Hang on to your hats, everyone. It launched. And they'll open wave 3 when wave 1 fills up I think. (I've just pledged for wave 1). $160k already. And I've barely started painting wave 1 bones... (The add-ons aren't impressing me yet, but who cares?)

I just worry how much shipping to the UK will be.

Babby Sathanas
May 16, 2006

bearbating is now adorable

neonchameleon posted:

(The add-ons aren't impressing me yet, but who cares?)

What?!

:3:

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

They haven't updated the main page yet, but so far it looks like we're officially getting:

e: and as I post that they update it. I think we're at about $1.50 per mini now.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
And thats 200k within the first 30 minutes. Jesus Christ.

Oh god, that kraken.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

And thats 200k within the first 30 minutes. Jesus Christ.

That means it's "slowing down." :v:

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Bad Munki posted:

Shipping costs were stated as clearly as possible: ROW pays actual shipping costs. They can't give you that number yet because the weight of the package isn't known yet, but you can make a guess and decide whether or not you can afford it based on that.

Also, remember: the core set (vampire level) last time started small too. It only got so intensely ridiculous because goals kept being met. We've already hit probably three or four, and we're 20 minutes in.

I think they're doing something really critically different this time: there is ONLY limited seating available. There won't be a billion orders to poo poo out at the end of this, there will be NO MORE than 4500. Period, at all, ever. I suspect turnaround time will be much more accurately predicted because of that: a known number of orders is something they, as an experienced company, can pretty readily account for.

I would bet money they add at least one more shipping tier for November.

JackMann
Aug 11, 2010

Fallen Rib

Bad Munki posted:

I don't think so, unless you've seen something I've missed. I would assume there will be further pledge levels opened up later. They'll just be shipped in later waves.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Hope you were around for the first 30 minutes of the kickstarter since shipping date #1 is gone.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Swagger Dagger posted:

I would bet money they add at least one more shipping tier for November.

JackMann posted:

I don't think so, unless you've seen something I've missed. I would assume there will be further pledge levels opened up later. They'll just be shipped in later waves.
Okay, that's certainly quite possible, but those waves will be shipped in their own time, as opposed to a literally unlimited number of "wave 1" shipping.

The big point, though, is that adding those extra waves won't (shouldn't) impact the previous waves. If you buy in to wave 17, you will obviously get your stuff after waves 1-16 have gone out. That way, they can make reasonably accurate estimates for each wave based on known factors. The big problem with the last campaign was that it was all one big heap and any delay impacted ALL orders, and the size of the thing impacted all orders as well. Keeping it in limited-size waves like this should make for highly accurate delivery estimates.

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....
Yeah, being in the 'Rest of the World' scares me right now. Plus I only really want those mice.

JackMann
Aug 11, 2010

Fallen Rib
Agreed, which is why I think they'll do it that way. Allows pledging to last more than two hours without breaking shipping down the line.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Wazzu posted:

Yeah, being in the 'Rest of the World' scares me right now. Plus I only really want those mice.

For what it's worth, this limited-seating wave setup should at least alleviate the huge delays in shipping times for everyone, not just domestic customers. Granted, the "you pay actual shipping costs" means...whatever it means, there's really no way to know right now how big the package will be. I guess they could give a rough upper-end estimate, but it'd be so rough as to be basically useless. It was the customs and poo poo that really hosed the pricing of it last time. I would assume shipping costs at LEAST equal to whatever you paid last time, including customs and such.

• Locked thread