Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sefer
Sep 2, 2006
Not supposed to be here today

radlum posted:

So I pledged 1 dollar, just in case (and because $100 is way beyond my kickstarter budget). Now, does that mean I can pledge whatever amount is needed for the additional things that are being revealed? As in, I can pledge $10 for the Water Elemental, and $10 for the Heroes and Villains, for a total of $21, right?

Correct.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

radlum posted:

So I pledged 1 dollar, just in case (and because $100 is way beyond my kickstarter budget). Now, does that mean I can pledge whatever amount is needed for the additional things that are being revealed? As in, I can pledge $10 for the Water Elemental, and $10 for the Heroes and Villains, for a total of $21, right?

Yes. You can change the amount of dollars pledged, without changing your backer level. So, if you wanted (say) two $10 add-ons and a $15 add on, you can update your pledge to $46, but keep your backer level at the $1 level.

Ravendas
Sep 29, 2001

Hah, you both put up the pictures, then both took them down. Let's see those demons again.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
I recognize the baalor but I'm drawing a blank on the furby next to him.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!
Oh, hey, look, it's a balor.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Leperflesh posted:

"A return to classic fantasy with our Sylvan Creatures pack! Two Centaurs, a faerie and a dryad are a must for forest encounters!"

Man, too bad those weren't in the first one, I'd have bought a bunch of sets of em for my current D&D campaign.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

Yeah, there's a tonne of stuff here I'd actually prefer over stuff from the first one - the Glabrezu and nalfanshee, the balor, the PC-sized minotaurs, all of these are things I've needed those exact models before and never had them available.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

I'm pretty sure Reaper knows exactly which models everyone wants. Where the first campaign was a massive cudgel to the back of the head, I expect this to be a laser strike right through our collective skulls.

Remember, they have like two decades of sales data to tell them what's hot and what's not.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!

Bad Munki posted:

I'm pretty sure Reaper knows exactly which models everyone wants. Where the first campaign was a massive cudgel to the back of the head, I expect this to be a laser strike right through our collective skulls.

Remember, they have like two decades of sales data to tell them what's hot and what's not.

The where the hell are the squads and squads of robot-gorillas? (There was only 1 last time!)

e: It's nice that you are friends with the mentally disabled.
\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/

Indolent Bastard fucked around with this message at 20:19 on Oct 1, 2013

Cyster
Jul 22, 2007

Things are going to be okay.

Someone gave me their cyborg gorilla last time because they didn't want it.

More Ape-X for me!

I'm very happy with the current loadout of this kickstarter, and it's clear Reaper has a better understanding of the costs involved and how to drive that number upward. I know I've sprung for nearly all the addons, something I didn't do last time.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Bad Munki posted:

They also posted threads in their forums soliciting people to list exactly what they wanted in a new kickstarter. Their forums-members being the people most likely to buy in, that was a smart thing to do.

Ravendas posted:

Hah, you both put up the pictures, then both took them down. Let's see those demons again.

Well alrighty then!

e. Wave 3 is about to fill.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

"We can’t forget Chronoscope! This time we’re loading Chronoscope with everything you need for pulp action! Max Ayers, Occult Expert; The vile Dr. Lugstampf, Evil Genius; a Ninja minion; a gas-masked Henchman; Sister Maria, Nun; Frank Buck, Pulp Hero; Nightslip, Pulp Heroin; Agatha Fox, Spy."

These guys look pretty great. I like the nun.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!
Remember how 3.5 hours ago I was waffling about jumping in for the full core set? Yeah, that's over. I'm in.

bobvonunheil
Mar 18, 2007

Board games and tea

Leperflesh posted:

These guys look pretty great. I like the nun.

Huh. I like that these minis seem to be on removable bases, are any others? (apart from Captain Castle and his crew up there)

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010
poo poo, it does look nice now and my miniature budget's exhausted... so is the reserve budget... And I'll be damned if I'm gonna borrow money for mandollies. If they are making it limited only, that's it, otherwise I'll get in wave #935 or something and get my minis right when I paint the first :v:

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!

bobvonunheil posted:

Huh. I like that these minis seem to be on removable bases, are any others? (apart from Captain Castle and his crew up there)

Unless it says otherwise I would assume that the slotta bases are because they're using previous metal minis or masters for the pic. I think it'd almost be a first for any Bones to come with standard slotta bases instead of integral bases, but I could be wrong!

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I think it's just that newer Chronoscope figures are slotta-based. But nothing in Vampire came with separate bases.

Ultimately though, all Bones bases are "removable," because Bonsium is easy to cut.

Sefer
Sep 2, 2006
Not supposed to be here today

Pierzak posted:

poo poo, it does look nice now and my miniature budget's exhausted... so is the reserve budget... And I'll be damned if I'm gonna borrow money for mandollies. If they are making it limited only, that's it, otherwise I'll get in wave #935 or something and get my minis right when I paint the first :v:

Remember that they don't charge you until the kickstarter ends, so you can pledge now to get in an earlier wave and cancel the pledge later if you decide it's not worth it.

Jetfire
Apr 29, 2008

quote:

Q: Why no Free Canadian shipping?
A: You shipped Canada for free last time, why no love this time? We paid fee upon fee and even your 5% GST on top of the actual postage to get you your package for “free postage” last time. The cost was tremendous and is simply something we cannot do again.

drat you and your cross-border fees. That's gonna hurt. :canada: :argh:

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

Jetfire posted:

drat you and your cross-border fees. That's gonna hurt. :canada: :argh:
Please tell me all about your Canadian free shipping :allears: :poland:

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

Fffuuuuuu- the missus is unrelenting. I will spend some time wheedling this month. I really actually don't need these, but waaaaaaant.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

thespaceinvader posted:

Fffuuuuuu- the missus is unrelenting. I will spend some time wheedling this month. I really actually don't need these, but waaaaaaant.

Get another credit card, mail the statements to a po box

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Dungeon Dressing add-on, yes please. Random rocky pillars I could make out of foam in five minutes, no thanks. I'm on the fence about this one!

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look
Ah finally the 'for scale' figure comes back! I hope they add him to all the pictures from today. But yeah those rock features I'm not crazy about, although the shelf and things would be cool (but I can make those out of balsa wood probably).

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003

thespaceinvader posted:

You know what works great? Selling old stuff you don't ever use. If it's been on the shelf for a year and you haven't even looked at it in that time, sell it. Wife can't argue with that logic.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

berzerkmonkey posted:

You know what works great? Selling old stuff you don't ever use. If it's been on the shelf for a year and you haven't even looked at it in that time, sell it.

I completely agree!

quote:

Wife can't argue with that logic.
Ahahaha, I take it you're not married?

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

thespaceinvader posted:

My recommendation to a friend in a similar position:

Tell the lady you want to take her out for a nice evening. Pick some venues that will require cash. Have a masked friend mug you. Later, get the money from your friend, order the reaper poo poo, and then claim it was won in a reaper raffle. It can't possibly go wrong and would never come back to bite you if she found out! :v:

Leperflesh posted:

Dungeon Dressing add-on, yes please. Random rocky pillars I could make out of foam in five minutes, no thanks. I'm on the fence about this one!
Man, not a gaming session goes by that I don't wish I had 10-to-20-foot-equivalent butt plugs for my PCs to navigate around.

Babby Sathanas
May 16, 2006

bearbating is now adorable
Let's stop "wife talk" before the casual misogyny gets out of hand.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Hey, nobody even said SWMBO yet and--awww, dammit! :eng99:

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Baby Sathanas posted:

I don't know that "hiding a purchase from a significant other" is exactly misogyny

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

Azhais posted:

I don't know that "hiding a purchase from a significant other" is exactly misogyny

Yeah...I hope that was a joke. A joke that no one got. And if it wasn't a joke, where was anyone talking about hating women?

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Somewhere out there a gay gamer is feeling repressed and honestly considering making a sneaky purchase because his total jock of a life partner would flip out if he bought into the reaper kickstarter. Alleged potential misogyny disaster averted! Carry on.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Baby Sathanas posted:

When spouses disagree, logic rarely serves alone in resolving the disagreement. But yes, I agree neither gender has a monopoly on logic, and to suggest otherwise is sexist. I have not even assumed that thespaceinvader is male.

e. In other news: Reaper has raised three quarters of a million dollars in seven hours.

e2. Oh! Mr. Bones finally has a second segment of path to walk down (and he's already halfway down it). What awaits him in the haunted house? Spoooky.

Leperflesh fucked around with this message at 22:00 on Oct 1, 2013

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

From seven thousand people, no less.

LOL the dude doing the graphics must be swearing. "Fine, I'll just make this section all black. Not like anyone's going to see it anyway."

e: Hahaha Kicktraq has this thing trending towards $19M.

Fix fucked around with this message at 22:04 on Oct 1, 2013

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Fix posted:

From seven thousand people, no less.

LOL the dude doing the graphics must be swearing. "Fine, I'll just make this section all black. Not like anyone's going to see it anyway."

Averaging $106.71 per backer.

Also, the first 500 $1 backer tier is full, and they've opened another, for December delivery (with Wave 6).

Frogmen and turtlemen and a swampy giant! I love this stretch goal!

Leperflesh fucked around with this message at 22:07 on Oct 1, 2013

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Leperflesh posted:

Averaging $106.71 per backer.

Also, the first 500 $1 backer tier is full, and they've opened another, for December delivery (with Wave 6).

At the speed at which this thing is going, I expect a that average per backer is going to go up a lot while people buy in to the core set and then figure out what all the options they want are. I know I haven't put any additional money down, but will be doing so later in the month for sure.

Dr. Lunchables
Dec 27, 2012

IRL DEBUFFED KOBOLD

I feel the same about average per backer, I just wonder how much this rush will die down in the next few days. I don't remember the stats from last time, but I imagine the end of the time limit probably attracted the most new cash. With this one, I assume it will open strong and close strong, lagging somewhere in the middle.

I certainly haven't pledged for any options... mostly because I'm not super impressed by what's out there. I want a gelatinous cube, but I don't think I want it enough to throw ten dollars at it.

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look
I'll just be waiting for the survey to go live and add on what I'd like to get at that point - I think I'd be at about $168 if I added everything up, but there's bound to be more I want to add before this thing is through. And if I'm at $68 in add-ons after just one day, I shudder to think where I'll be at the end of the month.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

krushgroove posted:

I'll just be waiting for the survey to go live and add on what I'd like to get at that point - I think I'd be at about $168 if I added everything up, but there's bound to be more I want to add before this thing is through. And if I'm at $68 in add-ons after just one day, I shudder to think where I'll be at the end of the month.

I'm pretty sure you need to adjust your pledge BEFORE the survey goes out, i.e. BEFORE the campaign ends.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

I want swamp things. :swoon:

• Locked thread