Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Punch Card
Sep 13, 2005

by Ralp
Got tickets to the Detroit show as a birthday gift, can't wait.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

SUPER IRAN-CONTRA posted:

There's a Comedy Death Ray album on Spotify that features sets by a lot of CBB regulars, and on lots of them you can hear PFT guffawing in the background, it's the best.

Is this the CD that has the Neil Hamburger set in front of a crowd who knows who he is and gets it? I love that set. It's just nice to hear him in front of appreciative people for a change. It must be hard to purposely bomb on stage every night afterall.

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

EL BROMANCE posted:

Is this the CD that has the Neil Hamburger set in front of a crowd who knows who he is and gets it? I love that set. It's just nice to hear him in front of appreciative people for a change. It must be hard to purposely bomb on stage every night afterall.

Yeah the one with the Courtney Love bit.

SlowlyChoking
Nov 23, 2004

Open fierce skies on me, on a bird and we experience the new death indeed.
Going to the Milwaukee show but my friend backed out. If anyone needs a ticket let me know.

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

I think I may have said this before, but I wonder why Todd Glass hasn't been on the show in so long. And Scott has never been on TOdd's podcast either. I'm not trying to read anything into that, but it is odd.

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

Potato Count: 2 small potatoes
Why is it odd?

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

jyrka posted:

Why is it odd?

Because by all accounts they enjoy each other's company. I can see why Todd wouldn't mesh well with CBB as a character, but he would be a fine straight man. And Scott would be amazing on Todd's podcast. I mean, didn't Todd sing to close out the last CDR theater show? Maybe it's something as simple as Todd records on the opposite side of town.

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009
Todd Glass was on the live Montreal episodes from July that you get when you buy the subscription to the live tour shows.

Edit: I thought this sounded familiar. You made this observation about a month ago and got the same response.

Conduit for Sale! posted:

Speaking of, I wonder why Todd Glass hasn't been on in so long. And why Aukerman hasn't been on The Todd Glass Show.

SUPER IRAN-CONTRA posted:

He was on one of the Montreal Comedy Festival eps they're selling, it was great.

Doesn't answer why Scott hasn't been on Todd's show, but I doubt there's anything to read into it.

tnimark fucked around with this message at 02:18 on Sep 30, 2013

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

Heh, can you tell I'm getting old?

ps get off my lawn

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

I have some insider knowledge. A little birdie told me Todd Glass had sex with Kulap. Their feud is going to make the PFT/Schlarpling feud look like the first Gulf War.

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Im da fwiggin Poopy Palpy XD

Mordecai Sanchez posted:

I have some insider knowledge. A little birdie told me Todd Glass had sex with Kulap. Their feud is going to make the PFT/Schlarpling feud look like the first Gulf War.

Holy poo poo, Kulap is a man? And she's gay?

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

Poopy Palpy posted:

Holy poo poo, Kulap is a man? And she's gay?

Come on, everybody knows that Todd Glass loves pussy.

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

Eltoasto posted:

I mean, didn't Todd sing to close out the last CDR theater show? Maybe it's something as simple as Todd records on the opposite side of town.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RpvIL3YnLGw

Watch this forever.

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

:shoboobs:
Bing Bong bing bong bing bong bong bong big bong BLAKE WEXLER big bong big bong bong bong Big Bong Big Bong

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
... this new episode is really gross.

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

HOLD ON GUYS I'M POSTING ABOUT INTERNET ROBOTS
To be honest, I didn't much care for Glass when he was on CBB before. Wasn't he on when PFT hosted and told some long story about his dog getting cancer or something?

Borrowed Ladder
May 4, 2007

monarch of the sleeping marches
PFT only hosted CBB/CDR once, it was with Superego guys and Kaitlin Olson. He also sings "How Soon Is Now" on that episode so it's definitely worth a listen.

Todd did tell a story about his dog dying once (I think Sarah Silverman was there), but he's been on a few times and he's always a fun guest in my book. His best appearance is probably him and Marisa Wompler.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Cast No Engine posted:

Todd did tell a story about his dog dying once (I think Sarah Silverman was there), but he's been on a few times and he's always a fun guest in my book. His best appearance is probably him and Marisa Wompler.

Todd was also on a really good episode with Weird Al and Amy Phillips as Liza Minnelli. I liked the Brian Huskey one a lot too.

If anyone thinks Todd Glass isn't funny they need to listen to any episode of his podcast with James Adomian or Rory Scovel

Help Im Alive fucked around with this message at 18:20 on Sep 30, 2013

Brock Samson
May 13, 2003

I let you know me, see me. I gave you a rare gift, but you didn't want it.

Help Im Alive posted:

If anyone thinks Todd Glass isn't funny they need to listen to any episode of his podcast with James Adomian or Rory Scovel

Or any of his appearances on Never Not Funny.

Urk!
Sep 5, 2008

goobers
E: posted about the new Adomian IFC show, moved it to the Earwolf thread.

Urk! fucked around with this message at 20:28 on Sep 30, 2013

cams
Mar 28, 2003

I hope someone finds Jineane :(

Greggy
Apr 14, 2007

Hands raw with high fives.
And whatever happened to June and Casey? They never came back from the bathroom. I hope the guy that got Jineane didn't kidnap them too.

Borrowed Ladder
May 4, 2007

monarch of the sleeping marches

Greggy posted:

I hope the guy that got Jineane didn't kidnap them too.

Guy you say. . .

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Cast No Engine posted:

Guy you say. . .
You're so attractive, don't get molested.

Hey, there's an episode of CBB where someone speaks during the second WYR theme and Scott takes away their win from them, does anyone remember what episode that is?

Periodiko
Jan 30, 2005
Uh.

Help Im Alive posted:

His laugh is amazing, too.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
I just realized I saw the show Wilson and Diane-Raphael did at the Charleston Comedy Festival that they talk about at the beginning, Rode Hard and Put Away Wet.

Ovo
Dec 20, 2008

Life Rules

Cast No Engine posted:

PFT only hosted CBB/CDR once, it was with Superego guys and Kaitlin Olson. He also sings "How Soon Is Now" on that episode so it's definitely worth a listen.

The one with Glass, PFT and Andy Daly as the german pretzel maker who is going to set himself on fire while tied to the Hollywood sign is one of the best CBB episodes in my books.

Fiendly
May 27, 2010

That's not right!

Ovo posted:

The one with Glass, PFT and Andy Daly as the german pretzel maker who is going to set himself on fire while tied to the Hollywood sign is one of the best CBB episodes in my books.

That was my very first CDR. Confused the goddamn poo poo out of me because the source that referred me gave no context and I didn't know any of the names besides Paul F. Tompkins at the time. Then I loved the notorious Birthday Boys episode. This was many lifetimes ago, I'm realizing.

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

There are some gems in the old old eps -- I still remember every word of Jerry Minor's (who needs to come back) R&B song, and it still makes me laugh.

Lugaloco
Jun 29, 2011

Ice to see you!

Me in Reverse posted:

There are some gems in the old old eps -- I still remember every word of Jerry Minor's (who needs to come back) R&B song, and it still makes me laugh.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7B5ZYyVezQM

Do you like... mon-eeeeeeeeeee?

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

Yessssssss.

Shawty shawty champagne.. sippin'.. up in the VIP
Rollin' on dubs.. Bentleys.. doin' it aaaalll niiiiight

Edit: Holy gently caress I forgot he started doing the fire report :cawg:

The Bob Ducca bit in the related videos is one of the best, too. Valet Parkinson's Disease.

lament.cfg fucked around with this message at 11:29 on Oct 3, 2013

Besson
Apr 20, 2006

To the sun's savage brightness he exposed the dark and secret surface of his retinas, so that by burning the memory of vengeance might be preserved, and never perish.
When was the last "Who Said It?" I remember the theme song being particularly amazing.

Lugaloco
Jun 29, 2011

Ice to see you!

I don't know but it's got nothing on Jing It or Ding It :smug:

Vykk.Draygo
Jan 17, 2004

I say salesmen and women of the world unite!

Besson posted:

When was the last "Who Said It?" I remember the theme song being particularly amazing.

If Wikipedia is to be believed, it was episode 165 on 7/2/12 with Andy Kindler, Loudon Wainwright III, and Amy Phillips as Gwyneth Paltrow.

Whooooooooooooooo saidit

Edit: where dem elephant bones?

Vykk.Draygo fucked around with this message at 12:54 on Oct 3, 2013

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

Me in Reverse posted:

The Bob Ducca bit in the related videos is one of the best, too. Valet Parkinson's Disease.

The list of ailments is probably the funnniest thing CBB has ever produced.

Someone donate a million dollars just so they can pay PFT, Adomian, and Leggero to laugh in the background.

"What did Cartwright Dimaggio do for you?"
"He read my tarot cards. He has developed his own system based on the characters of 8 is enough, and apparently my Nicholas is battling with my David."

Edit: In the first recorded case of youtube comments being helpful, Dukkha is the Sanskrit word for suffering.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SBMIBQuLlXI

WoodrowSkillson fucked around with this message at 13:08 on Oct 3, 2013

cams
Mar 28, 2003

There was an episode of Comedy Bang Bang where someone tells an anecdote of going to Vegas to write a script, and how weird it was. After the story, Scott and the rest of the guests make fun of this person like crazy for wanting to tell this story and thinking it would be interesting. I thought the person might be Harris Wittels or Paul Rust, but I went looking and it wasn't in any of their appearances. Any ideas? It's definitely an older episode.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
I couldn't remember his name, only that he was associated with Aziz Ansari, so tracked it down to Human Giant's Jason Wollner. The "story" starts about 16 minutes in.

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009
I'm enjoying PFT working "tis a consumation devoutly to be wished" into every live show so far. Obviously set himself a goal there.

Lord Wexia
Sep 27, 2005

Boo zombie apocalypse.
Hooray beer!
I've got two tickets to the later show in Boston that I'm not going to be able to use. Is anyone in this thread interested before I put them on StubHub?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

:shoboobs:
How are the live shows so far by the way? I haven't gotten around to buying the digital pack.