Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.

oatgan posted:

I own the book on Kindle and would be willing to do that if Hulkamatt, and the rest of the Punchcast Crucial Crew, all lack the intestinal fortitude to tackle that challenge.

Do a podcast where you read wrestling things. Oatgaudiobooks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Like the F+ but with wrestling stuff. You could just read Wrestleshoot a lot. I mean, you'd probably want to fling yourself from a 6+ storey building after, but would that be a huge diversion from the day-to-day routine of Oatgan?

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

Did anyone catch what Dave quipped immediately after Bryan said "Poor Zack?"

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Bryan's description of RVD's promo had me in tears.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

LordPants posted:

Okay, I'm about to listen to the Gabe F4radio. I've got my cap and goggles, and full body suit. I'm ready to wade through the bullshit...

Anything interesting come out of this interview?

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

flashy_mcflash posted:

Like the F+ but with wrestling stuff. You could just read Wrestleshoot a lot. I mean, you'd probably want to fling yourself from a 6+ storey building after, but would that be a huge diversion from the day-to-day routine of Oatgan?

Yes, exactly this. Do this. I want to do this.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

What's with the Mario Galaxy jazz?

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

I like jazz.

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Boy, I think it's about time I tell you the difference between a man and a woman. A woman isn't a woman unless she's pretty. And a man isn't a man unless he's ugly.

Somebody fucked around with this message at 00:09 on Oct 2, 2013

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

Well now I have to read it.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

triplexpac posted:

Anything interesting come out of this interview?

It was kinda boring because I don't care much for Evolve. But generally he kept going on how Evolve was a feeder league for WWE and how he's glad Punk and Bryan are making so much money that their kids and grandkids can do whatever they want. Which of course sounded a bit bitter, but that could just be me. I didn't really pay much attention to be honest.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

HulkaMatt posted:

Well now I have to read it.

sorry, bard maddox, I guess our podcast is cancelled

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

oatgan posted:

sorry, bard maddox, I guess our podcast is cancelled

There's a lot of untapped material in that there internet.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Bard Maddox posted:

There's a lot of untapped material in that there internet.

The same guy also wrote the novelization of The Marine. There's also that novel about Kane which I own an autographed copy of.

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

oatgan posted:

The same guy also wrote the novelization of The Marine. There's also that novel about Kane which I own an autographed copy of.

Back in business!!

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Hawaiian Punch Podcast: Would a fully committed-to brand split work in current-day WWE, and if so who would you have as the main stars of Raw and Smackdown?

The Goog
Aug 6, 2007

It's a Goog Day, yes it is!

NienNunb posted:

Hawaiian Punch Podcast: Would a fully committed-to brand split work in current-day WWE, and if so who would you have as the main stars of Raw and Smackdown?

I can almost guarantee that this question is going to get HulkaMatt and me to yell at each other.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

NienNunb posted:

There aren't enough stars for it.

Hell, there weren't enough stars during the brand split to justify it's existence.

Maybe when TNA dies they could do it again, but that would mean that the WWE would have to throw it's full weight behind wrestlers not made by Vince to even give it a sliver of a chance and there's no chance that would happen.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

oatgan posted:

I wonder if Battlemania's David Lynch absurdity comes across when you read it without pictures?

hahaha @ 'includes 12 page WWF catalog'. Yes what a selling point that 12 pages out of the book you bought is ads.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

NienNunb posted:

Hawaiian Punch Podcast

This is our new name.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
I had no interest in listening to the Pearce interview (and I like Pearce) until Vinny buried his DVD so deeply.

Rags to Liches
Mar 11, 2008

future skeleton soldier

HulkaMatt posted:

This is our new name.

I really wanna get in on this but I've been extremely busy :(

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer

MassRafTer posted:

I had no interest in listening to the Pearce interview (and I like Pearce) until Vinny buried his DVD so deeply.

That was great.

National Treasure lost some of his most recent show because his iPhone crashed :smith:

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END

MassRafTer posted:

Can you share what Vincent said about the DVD? :kiddo:

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Strenuous Manflurry posted:

Can you share what Vincent said about the DVD? :kiddo:

"The NWA title hasn't been relevant in 20 years, why do these idiots care so much? Also this way too long!"

Karmine
Oct 23, 2003

If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine.
PUNCHCAST BOXMEN MCBASEBALLS: Most Disgusting Promotional Tactic is probably the most interesting Observer award to me. What do you guys think are some of the most disgusting promotional tactics of all time, and what do you think deserves the award for this year?

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

Big Dave posted:

If you think something is different about Dusty Rhodes on Raw compared to everyone else, it’s because when he’s out there, the script is gone. Dusty goes out there on his promos and knows what he’s doing in an angle (he did ramble on in his first promo but due to the delivery and what he said when he got to the point it still was more effective than 95% of WWE interviews). But he did cut off Stephanie instead of letting Stephanie do the making the face look like a wimp thing she does with most talent. On 9/30, the face palm on Stephanie when she started talking like he was blowing her off, which if you watch it looked like Stephanie had no idea was coming, that was actually the case. And she was not happy about it. Since it’s Dusty, it’s not like he can be buried with being booked to lose a bunch of matches now.

This loving company.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Why do all these angry people — these people who want to attack and hurt their opponents — wait for them to finish insulting them before they take their turn to talk?

Is it politeness?

Dusty knows what's up.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Arbite posted:

This loving company.

Make him wear polka-dots! MAKE HIM!

Good issue, the stuff about Okami pretty much being "He's either going to fight nobodies and be boring, or fight prospects and beat them meaning UFC can't book him" was interesting.

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

Arbite posted:

This loving company.
Head of Creative for the past decade, ladies and gentlemen...

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

I'm not saying Dusty Rhodes should be scripted, but it's a dick move to leave someone who sticks to the script completely out to dry by surprising them like that.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Punch man pod cast question: Shane McMahon has decided to make a long-awaited return to the WWE. What do you, the creative team, do with him?

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

oatgan posted:

I'm not saying Dusty Rhodes should be scripted, but it's a dick move to leave someone who sticks to the script completely out to dry by surprising them like that.
Well, now she knows how it feels when Triple H and Cena start improvising in an unproductive manner.

Cactus Jack
Nov 16, 2005

If you even try to throw to my side of the field in a dream, you better wake up and apologize.

oatgan posted:

Some of the best scenes in film history have been done exactly like this though.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Cactus Jack posted:

Some of the best scenes in film history have been done exactly like this though.

Did any of them feature actors as poor as Stephanie McMahon?

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Cactus Jack posted:

How many hundreds of thousands of improvs have been left on the cutting room floor? Raw doesn't have a second take to use if something flops because one guy decides the segment everybody agreed should be done a certain way could be even better without letting anybody else know.

Steph has a right to be mad at him but until we hear that they fire Dusty or bury his kids over this it doesn't sound like a big deal.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
Oh god listening to Lance talk about Cancer charities and big pharm was one of the most grating podcasts to listen to. I was driving on a highway too and couldn't stop to turn it off. AAAUGHHHHHH

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer

flashy_mcflash posted:

Did any of them feature actors as poor as Stephanie McMahon?

Jackass

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Jack Krauser posted:

Oh god listening to Lance talk about Cancer charities and big pharm was one of the most grating podcasts to listen to. I was driving on a highway too and couldn't stop to turn it off. AAAUGHHHHHH

I shut it off immediately. He came off beyond idiotic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

I was sucked in by the premise that cancer charities were awful. I don't know why I expected complaints about misdirected funds. Of course it's because they are fronts for Pharma and cures are unprofitable.

He did have a good point that heels should not being doing stuff the crowd likes.

Snake charming exposes the business and hurts buyrates! :argh:

e: I hope Todd's analysis of real estate law is as good as his assessment of RD Evans' time travel complaint.

• Locked thread