Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

Funded in 3 minutes :stare:

I think they're doing the capped tiers so that they can control their shipping a bit better. I imagine more will open later.

Edit: I will never use those Mouselings but I still want them.

GrandpaPants fucked around with this message at 15:19 on Oct 1, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kerzoro
Jun 26, 2010

Holy crap they are just blowing through Stretch goals.

It reminds me of the Tough Girls one, except that they seem to actually be READY for this... which shouldn't be a surprise, I guess.

Hubis
May 18, 2003

Boy, I wish we had one of those doomsday machines...
They're about to pass $250,000 :stare:

senrath
Nov 4, 2009

Look Professor, a destruct switch!

And they're out of early shipping pledges now.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

They've already opened a third wave of 2000

I've no idea if I'm going to go through with it or not, but this is the first time I've been online and on the page from scratch when a big KS has launched, so I snagged a wave 1 slot just because. Those mouselings are adorbs though :allears:

neonchameleon
Nov 14, 2012

NTRabbit posted:

Dem Bones II hit the $30k goal inside of 2 minutes and hasn't stopped yet :stonklol:

Unless they open some more tiers it's also got a hard cap of 4000 major backers and 500 bits and pieces backers, I know a lot of goons were waiting for this so they'd better get in quick, 700 spots gone already

They open more tiers as the old ones fill up - it's staggered to make shipping easier. New tier already opened.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

NTRabbit posted:

Those mouselings are adorbs though :allears:

There are now rats as a 330k $10 option. Ratlings to fight with the Mouselings. Reaper, you bastardly geniuses.

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003
Just shy of an hour, and they've already hit $300K. I'm wondering if this will break the previous Bones record.

8one6
May 20, 2012

When in doubt, err on the side of Awesome!

I admit I have a problem. I've already upped my pledge twice.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

berzerkmonkey posted:

Just shy of an hour, and they've already hit $300K.

$360K now, so that's about 60 grand in the space of a half hour.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Just an FYI, we are also tracking the Reaper II Bones KS over in the Reaper Megathread.

Peas and Rice
Jul 14, 2004

Honor and profit.
:siren: Pledging the add-ons in the KS instead of later unlocks more stuff oh god just take my loving money :siren:

JackMann
Aug 11, 2010

Secure. Contain. Protect.
Fallen Rib
Buddy of mine tossed this my way. LARPing's not really my thing, but if any of you are into that sort of fun, might be worth a gander.

Sefer
Sep 2, 2006
Not supposed to be here today
Dragon Kings seems to have listened to people's complaints about their tiers, and have added non-music tiers. $25 for pdfs only, $45 for a print world book and a bunch of pdfs, $80 for a bunch of print things+pdfs. Seems pretty reasonable now.

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

Sefer posted:

Dragon Kings seems to have listened to people's complaints about their tiers, and have added non-music tiers. $25 for pdfs only, $45 for a print world book and a bunch of pdfs, $80 for a bunch of print things+pdfs. Seems pretty reasonable now.
Well, that got them my pledge money!

CroatianAlzheimers
Jun 15, 2009

I can't remember why I'm mad at you...

So, Accursed is still hitting stretch goals with ten days to go. We just released an update with a slew of new stretch goals, including a Pathfinder conversion done by Owen K.C. Stephens. Check it out.

Antifa Spacemarine
Jan 11, 2011

Tzeentch can suck it.
So are the basing pads from earlier actually available to buy anywhere now? Or did they just do a Kickstarter thing and left it at that?

Accursed
Oct 10, 2002

GrandpaPants posted:

There are now rats as a 330k $10 option. Ratlings to fight with the Mouselings. Reaper, you bastardly geniuses.

I don't even *do* miniatures, and I'm backing so I can get both of these. I guess I'll use them for mouseguard, or some FATE version of Redwall or something? Well played, Reaper. Well played.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!

Shaman Ooglaboogla posted:

So are the basing pads from earlier actually available to buy anywhere now? Or did they just do a Kickstarter thing and left it at that?

Most likely they did a KS and will spend the next few months fulfilling it, THEN maybe put them up for actual sale.

Peas and Rice
Jul 14, 2004

Honor and profit.

Accursed posted:

I don't even *do* miniatures, and I'm backing so I can get both of these. I guess I'll use them for mouseguard, or some FATE version of Redwall or something? Well played, Reaper. Well played.

For reference, the Mouslings Heroes set is $40 new from Amazon (although it's metal.) So getting it for $10 is a loving awesome deal.

Rulebook Heavily
Sep 18, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Those mouslings and ratlings are so adorable I almost want to make an entire game about them just to get an excuse to use them over and over.

gnome7
Oct 21, 2010

Who's this Little
Spaghetti?? ??

Rulebook Heavily posted:

Those mouslings and ratlings are so adorable I almost want to make an entire game about them just to get an excuse to use them over and over.

Thankfully, Mouse Guard already exists!

Alternatively, add a Mousepeople faction to Menouthis.

Rulebook Heavily
Sep 18, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

gnome7 posted:

Thankfully, Mouse Guard already exists!

Alternatively, add a Mousepeople faction to Menouthis.

Mouse Guard doesn't use Minis :(

I am however tempted to accelerate the plans for a generic fantasy construct-your-own-army game from the core I use in Menouthis. That's how good these things are.

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

I wanna be a saikyo HERO!
OVA just sent out a preview to backers, demonstrating it does, at least, exist in part. :ssh: So that's good!

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Once they've finished fulfillment, they'll be available to buy from http://zinge.co.uk/ in about December or so

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Alien Rope Burn posted:

OVA just sent out a preview to backers, demonstrating it does, at least, exist in part. :ssh: So that's good!

Completely free of art though, which sucks. I know it's a preview/proofread document preview, but they could have at least put the cover on.

Gasperkun
Oct 11, 2012
The Fate Core version of Dawning Star hit 15k today/yesterday, so it is going to get an upgrade. About 40% of an increase to the page count, which puts it around 320 I think.

Probably a bit of an edge case here, but maybe not so much either. The Great Way is a fiction project by the guy who did the Twenty Palaces books, and the magic system in there was the inspiration for one of the magic systems in the Fate Core System Toolkit. While the project is to release a new trilogy of fiction, if you pledge at a $30 or more level, you get a Fate Core supplement (written by the author himself?) for playing within the setting of the fiction.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

A reminder that Mantic's Mars Attacks! Kickstarter goes live at 1.30pm UK time today. That's in slightly under three hours.

Phoon
Apr 23, 2010

Wasn't at all excited but the more they show the more enthusiastic I become. The new scenery sprues are pretty great and there may be giant robots/saucers.

They also implied there would be deadzone rules for Martians and possibly dreadball also.

I'll bump the Mantic thread when its about to go live.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

I think you got AM and PM flipped, it says there's still 12hours left.

Phoon
Apr 23, 2010

Says 2 hours for me? Also says 1.30pm BST.

Here.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

WTF? I just took this screenshot:

Flavivirus
Dec 14, 2011

The next stage of evolution.

moths posted:

WTF? I just took this screenshot:

Says 1 hour 47 minutes to me. Hopefully they haven't just coded it so it goes off your system clock :allears:

moths
Aug 25, 2004

That's some weird poo poo. I'm also showing the 11 hours on my smartphone and on my wife's computer.

(Not that I won't be checking it at 8:30 AM.)

e: Yeah if they used military time for BST it makes sense that they'd have done it for US as well. It's got to be 8:30AM.

e2:

Mantic's Facebook posted:

Today's the day!

Mars Attacks: The Miniatures Game goes live on Kickstarter in just over 1 and a half hours. That's 13:30 BST / 05:30 PST / 08:30 EST.

Head over to https://www.marsattacksthegame.com and join us in the final countdown!

moths fucked around with this message at 12:07 on Oct 4, 2013

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

NTRabbit posted:

Once they've finished fulfillment, they'll be available to buy from http://zinge.co.uk/ in about December or so

It's kinda weird, they sent out a survey to get people's email and shipping address, and are apparently waiting on the last three(?) people to return theirs so they can send out the "what basing pads do you want?" survey.

Seems a bit convoluted.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Mars Attacks is up, already over $30k, get in quick if you want an early bird.

E: funded, first waves of EBs all gone.

Jedit fucked around with this message at 13:45 on Oct 4, 2013

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003
They opened a second earlybird tier.

I don't know about this game - I love the whole Mars Attacks thing, but so far, the game doesn't look particularly exciting. Do they have any shots anywhere of concept art for add ons?

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

berzerkmonkey posted:

They opened a second earlybird tier.

I don't know about this game - I love the whole Mars Attacks thing, but so far, the game doesn't look particularly exciting. Do they have any shots anywhere of concept art for add ons?

The way I see it, if it doesn't look good by the end I can always cancel my pledge.

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003

Jedit posted:

The way I see it, if it doesn't look good by the end I can always cancel my pledge.
Oh, yeah, I wholeheartedly concur. I just meant that they kind of did a lackluster promotion of the game so far - though, to be perfectly fair, there isn't a lot of flash so far, and they don't want to show too much too early. I just hope it doesn't go the way of Deadzone and become some weird hybrid KS where they split the game/models and the terrain.

At any rate, those soldier models look pretty drat nice painted up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

It's kinda weird, they sent out a survey to get people's email and shipping address, and are apparently waiting on the last three(?) people to return theirs so they can send out the "what basing pads do you want?" survey.

Seems a bit convoluted.

You can only send one KS survey, and they wanted people to have the option of bundling extra Zinge bitz in with their basing pads to save on shipping. Every Kickstarter larger than tiny uses a pledge management system now if they ever want their fulfillment to succeed, and just uses the KS survey to gather email and physical address where applicable, for matching up into Backerkit etc later.

moths posted:

That's some weird poo poo. I'm also showing the 11 hours on my smartphone and on my wife's computer.

(Not that I won't be checking it at 8:30 AM.)

e: Yeah if they used military time for BST it makes sense that they'd have done it for US as well. It's got to be 8:30AM.

e2:

Whoever made that page for them hosed up royally, the timer hit 0 for me 9 hours ago, had to keep worldtimeserver open to the UK in the background so I wouldn't miss 13:30 BST.

I got one of the $140 pledges, easy enough to cancel later if it doesn't pan out to my liking.

NTRabbit fucked around with this message at 14:19 on Oct 4, 2013

• Locked thread