Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 2000

numbs posted:

What do you mean the game forgot about it?

I had the same thing. Bought apartment, used the garage a bit, watched some tv, took a shower. Left and did a job. When I loaded back into free roam it was un-bought and my money was gone too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.

numbs posted:

I'd be pissed man.

I've spent like a third of that cash and I'm throwing-up-hands pissed.

numbs
Jul 20, 2013

by XyloJW

Athanatos posted:

I had the same thing. Bought apartment, used the garage a bit, watched some tv, took a shower. Left and did a job. When I loaded back into free roam it was un-bought and my money was gone too.

Sounds like an issue with the automatic saving. It doesn't sound so automatic...

numbs
Jul 20, 2013

by XyloJW

MrLonghair posted:

I've spent like a third of that cash and I'm throwing-up-hands pissed.

What all did you do to earn it? I've done a bunch of races so far and I have about $24,000.

robotsinmyhead
Nov 29, 2005

Dude, they oughta call you Piledriver!

Clever Betty
Is there any talk yet about forums-wide manipulation of the stock market? It seems that the individual stocks move pretty slowly overall, but imagine if the full weight of the GTAO SA thread threw themselves behind one goal and artificially inflated a stock or 2.

Is this viable? I wanna make some money.

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'

Zip! posted:

Also y'all are forgetting that hopefully in a few days the GTAO stock market will be available again as an alternative income stream.

They are absolutely not going to make the stock market available in GTA:O, that would defeat the whole purpose of GTA$ for them.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 2000

numbs posted:

What all did you do to earn it? I've done a bunch of races so far and I have about $24,000.

Win races and do high level missions.

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

No, seriously... what kurds?!

numbs posted:

Wow... That's disappointing. I mean, I'm not against purchasing GTA$ with real money, but that is WAY too cheap for the amount of money offered, considering missions don't give you much at all.
You nuts? Twenty dollars for a high-end car?

numbs
Jul 20, 2013

by XyloJW

robotsinmyhead posted:

Is there any talk yet about forums-wide manipulation of the stock market? It seems that the individual stocks move pretty slowly overall, but imagine if the full weight of the GTAO SA thread threw themselves behind one goal and artificially inflated a stock or 2.

Is this viable? I wanna make some money.

Sounds like a pretty badass idea. What could we do to manipulate them?

Zip!
Aug 14, 2008

Keep on pushing
little buddy

The other question I have to ask is why are people taking the risk of dropping huge amounts of cash on properties and cars at the moment when there are known issues going around with the game saving your progress? I know it shouldn't be that way but as things stand you should just hold on to your money and only buy guns and ammo until things stablise.

numbs
Jul 20, 2013

by XyloJW

Combat Pretzel posted:

Considering it takes forever to get that amount of money, yes.

VarXX
Oct 31, 2009

El Hefe posted:

They are absolutely not going to make the stock market available in GTA:O, that would defeat the whole purpose of GTA$ for them.

No they are. The page right now says not currently available in GTA:Online and the fact it exists at all when there are various other sites from single player which were removed from the search page because they don't do anything in MP, and BAWSAQ is the only one that shows up on the search page. It's even mentioned in the GTA Online trailer

numbs
Jul 20, 2013

by XyloJW

Zip! posted:

The other question I have to ask is why are people taking the risk of dropping huge amounts of cash on properties and cars at the moment when there are known issues going around with the game saving your progress? I know it shouldn't be that way but as things stand you should just hold on to your money and only buy guns and ammo until things stablise.

They get excited. :shepface:

Aishan
Oct 29, 2011

El Hefe posted:

Without the millions you get for seed money, you wont earn anywhere near what people have done in the singleplayer stock market.

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'

VarXX posted:

No they are. The page right now says not currently available in GTA:Online and the fact it exists at all when there are various other sites from single player which were removed from the search page because they don't do anything in MP, and BAWSAQ is the only one that shows up on the search page.

I'll believe it when I see it, seems like a really stupid move on their part if they actually want people to buy their currency.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
You really, really need to exit out into singleplayer to be absolutely sure that the Rockstar servers actually save your progress.

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

El Hefe posted:

I'll believe it when I see it, seems like a really stupid move on their part if they actually want people to buy their currency.

Then go to any soda machine in GTA: Online with $0 in your pocket. Carefully read the screen and hit A to confirm you want to go to the store to buy more money and see it for yourself.

Aishan
Oct 29, 2011

Party Plane Jones posted:

You really, really need to exit out into singleplayer to be absolutely sure that the Rockstar servers actually save your progress.

I did this exact thing and still lost my (admittedly cheap) apartment. It's not a guarantee.

TescoBag
Dec 2, 2009

Oh god, not again.

I did this. I lost my clothes and car!

VarXX
Oct 31, 2009

El Hefe posted:

I don't think they actually care if people buy their currency since they will most likely be putting expansion pack type content on the store. Also I don't know how you can say it's hard to make money in GTA:O, you make way more than in single player.

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough
Kinda silly that in passive mode, players can't hurt me but if im in a car, they can? Wtf.

Junkenstein
Oct 22, 2003

El Hefe posted:

But imagine how much money you can make from the stock exchange if you buy a million GTA bucks as seed money!!!!!

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

And considering the fact that the game can just hang on satellite cam with no indication or warning as to whether you're going to progress further, I'd definitely recommend doing your big buys and save + quitting to SP immediately. Not worth playing with fire.

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
I've made some pretty decent money getting invited to missions that were higher level than me by other people. Some mission where we shot a bunch of gang dudes and then blew up their cars, 9K per successful completion, no cops and it wasn't terribly difficult. Having food in your inventory is a good idea, you can use it to heal midway through missions like the old Saints Row 2 system. I've stayed away from racing so far because I'm not very good at it (I always choke and crash) and I noticed immediately the difference between my online character having scrub level driving skill vs. the single player guys.

I'm holding off on properties right now though, the most I've done is splurged on a rather expensive tattoo and some leopard print pants.

VarXX
Oct 31, 2009

Dr. Abysmal posted:

I've made some pretty decent money getting invited to missions that were higher level than me by other people. Some mission where we shot a bunch of gang dudes and then blew up their cars, 9K per successful completion, no cops and it wasn't terribly difficult. Having food in your inventory is a good idea, you can use it to heal midway through missions like the old Saints Row 2 system. I've stayed away from racing so far because I'm not very good at it (I always choke and crash) and I noticed immediately the difference between my online character having scrub level driving skill vs. the single player guys.

I'm holding off on properties right now though, the most I've done is splurged on a rather expensive tattoo and some leopard print pants.

If you are decent at driving Racing is a really good way to make money since you don't have to come in first to make cash

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

VarXX posted:

If you are decent at driving Racing is a really good way to make money since you don't have to come in first to make cash

You can make more in races rigging bets with crew members. :q:

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
LOVES EVERY FUCKING GAME EVER MADE. EVER.

Good Lord Fisher! posted:

Silly question, but is there a way to switch the voice chat to Crew only? We had some trouble coordinating our crime spree over the top of some guys loudly discussing their pants, and an in-game call disables sprinting and the weapon wheel.

This is from several pages back, but I'm sure that if you call someone on the phone for private voice chat you can hit square to hide the phone interface and access your controls as normal.

Going to download the patch now, but my character is sure to be gone. Fingers crossed.

Junkenstein
Oct 22, 2003

VarXX posted:

Also I don't know how you can say it's hard to make money in GTA:O, you make way more than in single player.

You get given safehouses, garages and powerful weapons in singleplayer, and the car jacking system is different, too.

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

No, seriously... what kurds?!
Apparently, if some other player's being a total dick to you, you can't really defend yourself, because if you (accidentally) blow up their personal car during that action, YOU actually get a bad sport warning.

TjyvTompa
Jun 1, 2001

im gay

Combat Pretzel posted:

No. Cars online cost much less than cars in the singleplayer just for this reason.

Zip!
Aug 14, 2008

Keep on pushing
little buddy

:siren:PUT THIS IN THE OP WITH THE VIOLENT DUCT MISSION INFO:siren:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rk4X4y4Zmww

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

The first step in selling people funbox for real money is making sure their funbux don't magically dissapear. I can't see MS or sony allowing that to happen for too long.

TjyvTompa
Jun 1, 2001

im gay

Combat Pretzel posted:

Apparently, if some other player's being a total dick to you, you can't really defend yourself, because if you (accidentally) blow up their personal car during that action, YOU actually get a bad sport warning.

But a bounty on them, that usually solves the problem very quickly. Or just go into passive mode.

Kali11324
Dec 8, 2004

This space intentionally left blank
I had a great time rolling with Quasipox last night. We pulled a classic gas station pick up. Then I was so excited when the Meth'd Up mission showed up. I was like, "let's do it!" and then Quasipox disappeared and the mission was gone from my phone.
I have the feeling he went into the mission but I couldn't. Is there a way to have your group all go into a mission together?

TjyvTompa
Jun 1, 2001

im gay

Powershift posted:

The first step in selling people funbox for real money is making sure their funbux don't magically dissapear. I can't see MS or sony allowing that to happen for too long.

Hmm maybe this is why they disabled the cash buying on the 360, just a thought.

robotsinmyhead
Nov 29, 2005

Dude, they oughta call you Piledriver!

Clever Betty

numbs posted:

Sounds like a pretty badass idea. What could we do to manipulate them?

From what I gather, stocks go up and down depending on the cloud use of certain cars and other things like that. I guess if you were to blow up every Make of 1 car company you found, the price of that stock would go down and others would go up.

Obviously, this happens on a pretty small scale due to the number of players, but with a population in the thousands, I think it's manipulable.

Unfortunately, I don't know a lot of the ins-and-outs of how the market really works, I'm just going on what was general knowledge from the tooltips.

Aishan
Oct 29, 2011
Speaking of bounties. If you have one on your head, is there anything stopping a friend from killing you and just giving you a share of the cash to make up for medical costs?

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

Kali11324 posted:

I have the feeling he went into the mission but I couldn't. Is there a way to have your group all go into a mission together?

No, whoever has the mission goes in and then invites crew, friends, session members etc. after they set it up.

nigel thornberry
Jul 29, 2013

So by the looks of it the new patch didn't fix the character, money, cars, etc. not saving issue?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

numbs
Jul 20, 2013

by XyloJW

Tokubetsu posted:

Kinda silly that in passive mode, players can't hurt me but if im in a car, they can? Wtf.

I thought it was the other way around. :shepicide:

• Locked thread