Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
I met up with a goon last night that finally didn't kill me. FadeDistance or whatever, had some fun doing police chases with him until I ran out of ammo. Looking forward to getting some goon street action on tonight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wake_N_Bake
Dec 5, 2003

I love to argue by using all caps. I feel it helps keep people from noticing that I have little or nothing to add to any given conversation. I also
Finally got past the tutorial, did it in solo mode. 360. There were a few times that transitions took a few minutes and I was sure the instance servers poo poo themselves again, but patience paid off. Once I got in, connectivity was flawless. That said there are still some bugs, but not too bad.

When I first got in, I didn't realize voice chat was server-wide, but I actually ended up with a bunch of really cool pubbies. I've learned to keep chat to crew+friends, but I still turn on all chat occasionally as it can be lots of fun.

I ran Methed Up with Jacs and a few others last night (sorry for loving up so much). Voice com is great in this game, but after one or two missions, all of a sudden nobody could hear each other. This really affects your ability to play missions, and hopefully it's just temporary.

Love this game.

vvv read the OP for PGS links

Wake_N_Bake fucked around with this message at 16:03 on Oct 4, 2013

Dr. Video Games 0041
Sep 15, 2007

He's watching you!
As this is the only game I've really gotten into online on my PS3, I have very few people on my friends list, so add me up so I have goons to roll with!
PSN- DigitalBees

Intrepid00
Nov 10, 2003

I'm tired of the PM’s asking if I actually poisoned kittens, instead look at these boobies.

Tokubetsu posted:

Kinda silly that in passive mode, players can't hurt me but if im in a car, they can? Wtf.

It says pretty clearly you have to be on foot.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I think he was questioning the logic behind that more than saying it was a bug. It doesn't make a lot of sense at all.

7billionanddying
Oct 30, 2011

Sir Neckbeard posted:

Bumped into goon shrapnel rain and we tried to rob a store.
Didn't end well :v:

Second attempt was much better

Haha, that was a great time just toolin around the city. I turn around thinking we've got the cash, we're good. Dude ventilates both of us as I'm walking out the door. Gonna have to start being more ruthless with these mini-mart clerks.

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

Cojawfee posted:

I met up with a goon last night that finally didn't kill me. FadeDistance or whatever, had some fun doing police chases with him until I ran out of ammo. Looking forward to getting some goon street action on tonight.

We have an unfortunate problem in Goon Street: The crew color is nearly identical to the Highlight Player color and it blends in very well with the maps, making it pretty difficult to see. We should change it to something more visible against a white background.

Ziploc
Sep 19, 2006
MX-5
Is there a way to get the 'Methed Up' mission back?

That one was good for monies. :(

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot

Nelson Mandingo posted:

Hopefully they'll allow us to remake our characters down the road without losing our stats and so on.
At level 8 you get one chance to do so, if you skip the prompt I don't think you will get another.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Dreadwroth posted:

Even though I cant get online, my online character is still there. I guess I lucked out maybe.

I lost my character and all my money. :(

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

At level 20something, you can get a merryweather helicopter to come give you a ride for $1,000. he can fly into the military base, and you don't get a wanted level until you jump.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Knightmare posted:

For those who got past the tutorials, is it still tough to get into GTAO or was the primary bottleneck? Assuming your character wasn't deleted of course.

Im rank 19 and have played a fair few hours. Once I got past the tutorial the only issues I've had is with it freaking out 2 or 3 times when trying to find a random job and having to dashboard it, however considering how many jobs I've successfully completed the restarts have been few and far between.

There were also a couple of times where the cloud servers were completely down for everyone which obviously stopped me. Retrying a couple of times though seemed to get me to connect to a free roam, just wouldn't load jobs for a little bit.

edit: A tip as well, if you get into a race and someone sets it to rally and you aren't playing with people with microphones just back out and find something else. It turns the checkpoints off and gives you a co driver who has to tell you where it is. If they have a mic this can be really fun. If they don't all they can do is make left and right arrows appear on your screen and it is loving impossible to play.

Stux fucked around with this message at 16:10 on Oct 4, 2013

Icedude
Mar 30, 2004

Police helis respawn way too fast. I stole my second jet, flew around until I lost my wanted level, and then went about terrorizing pubbies. Got maybe 5 or 6 kills over the next 10 minutes, then got bored and decided to help people, so I fly around looking for people running from the cops, and lo and behold a pair of russians running from a 3 star wanted level. I of course do the neighborly thing and blow the police chopper that was following them out of the sky, but by the time I've come around for another pass there's already another one on their tail. Repeat that 3 more times until I get knocked out of the sky by falling heli debris. :smith:

The cheering over the mic on the first successful pass was nice though :unsmith:

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot
whoops double post

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Reporting that I played with no problems yesterday afternoon. No tears here. Game is loving awesome.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

Racing against a bunch of people that are in a crew is stupid. They all worked together to run me off the road so one of them could win.

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

cheesetriangles posted:

Racing against a bunch of people that are in a crew is stupid. They all worked together to run me off the road so one of them could win.

Don't play with pubbies is the takeaway. Be on the winning side of collusion! :getin:

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

And, of course as always, kill Hitler.

Finally got on and did the race with Lamar. Now the liquor store I need to hold up has been closed for 30 minutes now.

numbs
Jul 20, 2013

by XyloJW

Icedude posted:

Police helis respawn way too fast. I stole my second jet, flew around until I lost my wanted level, and then went about terrorizing pubbies. Got maybe 5 or 6 kills over the next 10 minutes, then got bored and decided to help people, so I fly around looking for people running from the cops, and lo and behold a pair of russians running from a 3 star wanted level. I of course do the neighborly thing and blow the police chopper that was following them out of the sky, but by the time I've come around for another pass there's already another one on their tail. Repeat that 3 more times until I get knocked out of the sky by falling heli debris. :smith:

The cheering over the mic on the first successful pass was nice though :unsmith:

This sounds like so much fun! How did you know they had a 3 star wanted level? And where did you get the jet?

Crappers
Jun 16, 2012
Also having a poo poo load of fun and very little issue now. Apologies to those goons for my lack of a mic. I've been communicating with a mate via mumble but it's not a USB mic so I can't use it with the console. At least I can still flip people the bird and I think that's important.

Wake_N_Bake
Dec 5, 2003

I love to argue by using all caps. I feel it helps keep people from noticing that I have little or nothing to add to any given conversation. I also

cheesetriangles posted:

Then run with a goon crew and do that to pubbies. :getin:

Or just stop whining.

Begath
Apr 27, 2012

Fish are stupid cause they can't climb trees.

Cojawfee posted:

FadeDeliverance, good sir. :colbert: I was wondering why you ran off.

And I did almost kill you at first. It took me forever to recognize the faint blue tint around the dots as a fellow goon.

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed

numbs posted:

There's no way to change the height? drat.

Allegedly the time you put into sports and exercising factors into the height of your character, not sure how true that is though. There's no way to actually tell in the character generator how tall you are though, my female character came out to be around Lamar's height but when I made a male secondary during the tutorial purgatory time he was like 5 feet tall and 120 lbs. They really should have just had sliders for height/weight and poo poo.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

numbs posted:

This sounds like so much fun! How did you know they had a 3 star wanted level? And where did you get the jet?

Probably knew it was 3 star by the appearance of helicopters as thats when they start spawning in.

vjee32
Feb 1, 2008

cheesetriangles posted:

I'm starting to get really annoyed when in races someone just crashes into you within 5 seconds and ruins his and your race, I've been pretty lucky that I'm not usually the target but the amount of crashes in first 5 seconds is astonishing. Why go race if you just want to crash and fight for the second last place. :shepface:

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

Begath posted:

FadeDeliverance, good sir. :colbert: I was wondering why you ran off.

And I did almost kill you at first. It took me forever to recognize the faint blue tint around the dots as a fellow goon.

I changed it to orange, let me know how that works out.

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

vjee32 posted:

I'm starting to get really annoyed when in races someone just crashes into you within 5 seconds and ruins his and your race, I've been pretty lucky that I'm not usually the target but the amount of crashes in first 5 seconds is astonishing. Why go race if you just want to crash and fight for the second last place. :shepface:

Have you ever played a racing game? This is every first corner ever.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Please rename the thread to: GTA Online - :qq:

Profanity
Aug 26, 2005
Grimey Drawer
GTA Race is really where it's at. Turn on wanted levels, jacking other cars etc. Pure chaos, but tons of fun. Also if someone runs you off in the first corner, you get to shoot them in the face.

Icedude
Mar 30, 2004

numbs posted:

You only get chased by choppers after 3 stars, but it could have been more. There isn't any real way to tell. The jet's over at Fort Zancudo on the west side of the island; you'll need a heli from the airport, marina, or desert airfield to get in over the fences, and you gotta fly low in and out to avoid getting missiled.

But yeah, once you get that thing airborne and lose the 4-star from being in the airbase, you become a nigh-unstoppable skygod :unsmigghh:

Slayer1597
Nov 6, 2008

TREMENDOUS CHILD
ASK ME ABOUT MY ANIMES
Is there any word on that supposed patch they were dropping today?

Also you get the jet from ft.Zacudo, if you can get it and get away before the tanks blow you up.

EDIT: Beaten

VarXX
Oct 31, 2009
Here's a little tip for escaping the police in GTA:Online. Head into a Los Santos Customs and your wanted level will be cleared instantly and you'll even be given RP points for it. You can also drive into your garage. It won't clear the wanted level instantly in the garage but the police can't enter it and will give up after a while.

Wake_N_Bake
Dec 5, 2003

VarXX posted:

Here's a little tip for escaping the police in GTA:Online. Head into a Los Santos Customs and your wanted level will be cleared instantly and you'll even be given RP points for it.

Pay 'N Spray proper returns. Hell yeah!

Looten Plunder
Jul 11, 2006
Grimey Drawer
Tried DMZ on XBOX and I still haven't had any luck.

I love how Rockstar like to rub in the fact I have spent the last three nights idling on a looping/frozen loading screen by playing the most obnoxious music on the planet.

Never again will I listen to Soulwax FM.

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

If you steal a helicopter from somewhere you can land it in the army base in free roam and steal fighter jets. I did it with two of my mates and it was amazing.

We had a jet each and were just buzzing other players in the city and shooting them with missiles.

Wake_N_Bake
Dec 5, 2003

Load into single player, hit pause, go to the Online menu, join, select Solo. You want to get to a point where you've walked into the blue circle, and its a fuzzy background with the menu bar up top. If that doesn't work, dashboard and try again.

It took me dozens of tries over a few days, but if you can get through the bottleneck mission, it's (relatively) smooth sailing.

Edit: 360

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

Wake_N_Bake posted:

Pay 'N Spray proper returns. Hell yeah!

And if you respray a stolen car, cops don't seem to recognize you immediately anymore. I think if you just left without respraying, they would aggro again if they saw you.

Intrepid00
Nov 10, 2003

I'm tired of the PM’s asking if I actually poisoned kittens, instead look at these boobies.

Aurain posted:

I think he was questioning the logic behind that more than saying it was a bug. It doesn't make a lot of sense at all.

Nah it makes sense. They don't want it to be used constantly so make people have to walk to use it.

Dr. Garbanzo
Sep 14, 2010
Another successful evening spent wasting time online. The survival missions are pretty cool even though I haven't made it past wave 4 yet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brasseye
Feb 13, 2009

Aurain posted:

It kind of does, because if you're in a car you are always going to be a threat even without weapons. People would just turn on passive mode and drive around running people over shrugging off bullets.

• Locked thread