Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Signal
Dec 10, 2005

Leperflesh posted:

Malifaux is Wyrd Miniatures, but what is Djanbazan, and is Sedition Wars a game or a miniature maker? Also I just realized the link was for your conversion before photo, so I grabbed that, but in the future if you can bold Conversion for me and put your photo inline, that'd make it more likely I don't miss it.

:downs: Sorry man, the Djanbazan is from Infinity/Corvus Belli, and Sedition Wars is a game, I think either CMON or Studio McVey is the maker. I actually did think about bolding the "conversion," but it was already bold from being included in the title. Should have put it separately below, which I'll do in the future.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nathonicus
May 2, 2013
I, Nathonicus, do hereby oath the following partially painted models:
Margot
Duroc
3 Muttawiah
3 Naffatun
5 Odalisques
2 Ghulam
2 Hafza
2 Ragiks
1 Yuan Yuan
1 Al Hawa

All Infinity miniatures from Corvus Belli

Amnesty month, hell yeah!

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

I also am oathing Infinity models by Corvus Belli. Specifically:

Achilles
Ajax the Great
Phoenix
Penthesilia
Eudoros

nathonicus
May 2, 2013
NICE!

Paint the pink on Ajax. Maybe his big old hammer.

thiswayliesmadness
Dec 3, 2009

I hope to see you next time, and take care all
Well I didn't oath anything last month, but instead got to rifle out a ton of crap I've had half-done:
-30 ork boyz
-Details on Aegis Line
-Details on Dreadnought
-assembled 5 vehicles, another dread, and a bunch of custom bases

So can't say it wasn't productive! But since it's amnesty month, I might as well take advantage and Oath 4 rhinos and a chimera (WH40k models)

If I finish that early enough, I've got a Hoffman crew begging to be finished. Too bad the 2.0 shift made me a bit 'meh' on the game...

Under 15
Jan 6, 2005

Mr. Helsbecter will you please stop shooting I am on the phone

Leperflesh posted:

You are missing the World Time Server in your speed painting photos.

Oh, well, poo poo. I figured it would be the same as a completed oath where the time stamp on the post would suffice. If I'd been home I could have taken a new picture within the 24 hour limit, but that went by a few hours ago.

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look
Yeah, sorry about that - I should have noticed that. I'll try to catch mentions of people mentioning speed painting in their oaths from now on to remind them (like below). But there's plenty of time left yet!

Derlix posted:

I, Derlix, oath for the month of October One Tokusetsu Butai (28mm) from Corvus Belli, and three Void Wretches (28mm) from Wyrd Minitures

ForkBanger posted:

I, ForkBanger, oath to paint 10 High Elf Seaguard and the Viktorias Viktoria of Ashes and Viktoria of Blood.

Oxford Comma posted:

I, Oxford Comma, oath to paint the following three miniatures in October:
1) Cassandra, a Malifaux character from Wyrd
2) Officer, a Bolt Action! character from Warlord Games
3) French Maid, a character from Reaper

All are 28mm in scale, and please keep your fingers crossed that my son doesn't find and abscond with one of my minis, again. :ohdear:

MasterSlowPoke posted:

Oathing 1 "Zhanshi" Infinity miniature by Corvus Belli
Gonna try and speedpaint it. Any Infinity dudes know who she is? Got it in my swag bag from Nova.
Make sure you post a timestamp photo in your finished picture!

thiswayliesmadness posted:

Well I didn't oath anything last month, but instead got to rifle out a ton of crap I've had half-done:
-30 ork boyz
-Details on Aegis Line
-Details on Dreadnought
-assembled 5 vehicles, another dread, and a bunch of custom bases

So can't say it wasn't productive! But since it's amnesty month, I might as well take advantage and Oath 4 rhinos and a chimera (WH40k models)

If I finish that early enough, I've got a Hoffman crew begging to be finished. Too bad the 2.0 shift made me a bit 'meh' on the game...

All of these are Accepted!

nathonicus posted:

Margot
Duroc
3 Muttawiah
3 Naffatun
5 Odalisques
2 Ghulam
2 Hafza
2 Ragiks
1 Yuan Yuan
1 Al Hawa

Unfortunately there's no date shown in your timestamp! Can you take another picture showing the full date and time? Any painting progress you've made is fine.

Fix posted:

I also am oathing Infinity models by Corvus Belli. Specifically:

Achilles
Ajax the Great
Phoenix
Penthesilia
Eudoros
I can't read the date at all, it's just a fuzz of pixels, can you also take a fresh picture?

Fish and Chimps
Feb 16, 2012

mmmfff
Fun Shoe

TheBlobThing posted:

This amnesty is just what I've been waiting for!

I, TheBlobThing, oath the following minis:
1 Company Commander.
1 Company Master.
3 Kriegsmen. These are an attempt at saving da whales from my oath from June.
2 Tactical Marines.
1 Escher Necromunda gang leader.
10 Grave Guard.
10 Skeleton Warriors.

All from GW or Forgeworld.

I'm not sure I did this right. I only oathed 3 of my guys from my oath from June: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3547161&userid=184809#post416028238

Can I Save da whales with only a part of my failed oath? I've since finished the gangers, but all the Kriegsmen are still WIP.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

krushgroove posted:

I can't read the date at all, it's just a fuzz of pixels, can you also take a fresh picture?

No, I honestly can't be bothered for the one point. Sorry.

Squibsy
Dec 3, 2005

Not suited, just booted.
College Slice

MasterSlowPoke posted:

Oathing 1 "Zhanshi" Infinity miniature by Corvus Belli

Gonna try and speedpaint it. Any Infinity dudes know who she is? Got it in my swag bag from Nova.

What is going on with that base? Is he running over some broken floor inscription* or are you expecting the lettering to be obscured by paint? Also what material is that, it looks really cool.

* Yu Jing invasion stomping on the steps of congress :911:

Illudere
Jan 12, 2005
Thanks for your mercy on the Whales post krushgroove! Hopefully I won't have any more whales to worry about.

Illudere fucked around with this message at 14:46 on Oct 3, 2013

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Hero of the soviet union.
Accidental destroyer of planets
I, Grey Hunter, Hearbye Oath 12 Warhammer Quest Spiders and four Talisman Heroes for the month of October. All by Games Workshop

The plan is to speed paint the Spiders.....

Loxbourne
Apr 6, 2011

Tomorrow, doom!
But now, tea.
For the month of October I, Loxbourne, do hereby Oath:

1 Spartan Games Ryushi starter box (1 supercarrier, 2 cruisers)

3 Mongoose Publishing Federation heavy cruisers
1 Mongoose Publishing Federation command cruiser
1 Mongoose Publishing Federation battleship

Scale is tiny as before. Spartan is 0.16mm scale. The ACTA:SF ships are ostensibly 1/3125 (0.52mm) scale.

Loxbourne fucked around with this message at 16:49 on Oct 3, 2013

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

Fix posted:

No, I honestly can't be bothered for the one point. Sorry.

No worries, fair enough!

Grey Hunter posted:

I, Grey Hunter, Hearbye Oath 12 Warhammer Quest Spiders and four Talisman Heroes for the month of October. All by Games Workshop

Loxbourne posted:

For the month of October I, Loxbourne, do hereby Oath:

1 Spartan Games Ryushi starter box (1 supercarrier, 2 cruisers)

3 Mongoose Publishing Federation heavy cruisers
1 Mongoose Publishing Federation command cruiser
1 Mongoose Publishing Federation battleship

Scale is tiny as before. Spartan is 0.16mm scale. The ACTA:SF ships are ostensibly 1/3125 (0.52mm) scale.

Accepted!

TheBlobThing posted:

I'm not sure I did this right. I only oathed 3 of my guys from my oath from June: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3547161&userid=184809#post416028238

Can I Save da whales with only a part of my failed oath? I've since finished the gangers, but all the Kriegsmen are still WIP.

Leperflesh will be posting an update to the Save Da Whales that I'll copy into the OP, you should be OK but I'll let him make the final call on that since it's his thing.

Illudere posted:

Thanks for your mercy on the Whales post krushgroove! Hopefully I won't have any more whales to worry about.

Thank Leperflesh, not me :)

Illudere
Jan 12, 2005

krushgroove posted:

Thank Leperflesh, not me :)

Sure. Thanks Leperflesh!

Galaspar
Aug 20, 2006
Will reign this way again
For October I, Galaspar, oath Erebus and Kor Phaeron with diorama base. They're 28mm, by Forgeworld/GW for Warhammer 40,000 (or at least for Forgeworld's Horus Heresy expansion)

I really hope I can find the time and the willpower to finish these guys properly, because they're pretty drat special models, not to mention favourite characters.

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Hero of the soviet union.
Accidental destroyer of planets

Grey Hunter posted:

S-S-SPEEDPAINTING complete!

Now my wife has told me to get "those horrid things" out of the dining room.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Now that the post has arrived with my new paints and some Infinity models, which I was clever enough to buy because nobody else has been... oh :saddowns: ... well at least I got my Marauder paint, so now

I, NTRabbit, oath that I will paint
  • 3 Eldar War Walkers for Warhmmer 40k by GW
  • 1 Cyriss Cipher Heavy Vector for Warmachine by Privateer Press
  • 1 Aleph Nagas and 1 Aleph Asuras for Infinity by Corvus Belli
  • 4 Marauder Guards, 6 Marauder Jacks and 1 Dreaded Ball for Dreadball by Mantic

The Marauders are part of a Dreadball team, so will be done as a themed group

Will also be going for the Jurnal, thanks to our green skinned detectuv's brush with rule 63 I think I have a good idea (which forced me to up the model count this month :orks:), and going to make a stab at box art on one of the Aleph models, but not claiming unless I get there.

Slimnoid
Sep 6, 2012

Does that mean I don't get the job?
I, Slimnoid, Oath the following models for October: 4 Night Terrors, 3 Witchling Stalkers, 1 Samuel Hopkins, and 1 Lady Justice (28mm, all Wyrd miniatures); and 1 Giant Spider (28mm, Reaper)

I decided to finish up some of my own Malifaux models I've had lying around for a while. Obviously I'm excluding myself from the Miss Pack draw, since it would be very silly to win my own model :v:

The only bonus I'm aiming for is this month's Jurnal, which will be (surprise surprise) on the Giant Spider.

Dr. Red Ranger
Nov 9, 2011

Nap Ghost
I, Dr. Red Ranger, do hereby oath these two Games Workshop Chaos Marines (28mm). Hopefully I can finish these quickly so I can fit in more dudes.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Under 15 posted:

Oh, well, poo poo. I figured it would be the same as a completed oath where the time stamp on the post would suffice. If I'd been home I could have taken a new picture within the 24 hour limit, but that went by a few hours ago.

I'm sorry. If I tried to use post timestamps, I'd have to figure out people's timezones compared to my own vs. their original oath photo (not their original oath timestamp, because the photo is the starting time and it can take place well before the post). Because someone could take a photo with a world time server time stamp, wait a day (while doing some painting), post their photo in an Oath, and then post a completed photo 12 hours later, and they'd have taken 36 hours to do their speed painting. So I'd have to do all the conversion work and it's just a pain in the rear end.

Much easier if I can just go by photos and nevermind the post timestamp.

krushgroove posted:

All of these are Accepted!

As of right now, I'm missing an approval point for: Mt. ORourke, Slimnoid, Galaspar, Dr. Red Ranger, and NTRabbit.

TheBlobThing posted:

Oh. I should have looked more closely. Yeah, you need to complete the entire failed oath, to qualify for Whales. But it's fine to do some models this month or whatever, and then eventually (any time before April) oath the incomplete oath and then finish it. Although by the spirit of Whales, getting them all done at once is probably the best way to redeem your honor!

krushgroove posted:

Leperflesh will be posting an update to the Save Da Whales that I'll copy into the OP, you should be OK but I'll let him make the final call on that since it's his thing.

Oh yeah. I forgot about that, I'll get something written up shortly.

Illudere posted:

Sure. Thanks Leperflesh!

You're welcome

Grey Hunter posted:

S-S-SPEEDPAINTING complete!

Now my wife has told me to get "those horrid things" out of the dining room.

You've got your speed painting point!

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

Mt. ORourke posted:

I Oath 1 Skorne Incindiarii and 1 Cyriss Diffuser for October
from Privateer Press

Galaspar posted:

For October I, Galaspar, oath Erebus and Kor Phaeron with diorama base. They're 28mm, by Forgeworld/GW for Warhammer 40,000 (or at least for Forgeworld's Horus Heresy expansion)

NTRabbit posted:

Now that the post has arrived with my new paints and some Infinity models, which I was clever enough to buy because nobody else has been... oh :saddowns: ... well at least I got my Marauder paint, so now

I, NTRabbit, oath that I will paint
  • 3 Eldar War Walkers for Warhmmer 40k by GW
  • 1 Cyriss Cipher Heavy Vector for Warmachine by Privateer Press
  • 1 Aleph Nagas and 1 Aleph Asuras for Infinity by Corvus Belli
  • 4 Marauder Guards, 6 Marauder Jacks and 1 Dreaded Ball for Dreadball by Mantic

Slimnoid posted:

I, Slimnoid, Oath the following models for October: 4 Night Terrors, 3 Witchling Stalkers, 1 Samuel Hopkins, and 1 Lady Justice (28mm, all Wyrd miniatures); and 1 Giant Spider (28mm, Reaper)
I decided to finish up some of my own Malifaux models I've had lying around for a while. Obviously I'm excluding myself from the Miss Pack draw, since it would be very silly to win my own model :v:

Dr. Red Ranger posted:

I, Dr. Red Ranger, do hereby oath these two Games Workshop Chaos Marines (28mm).

All Accepted!

It seems I miss at least one person every page. Please be assured I'm not ignoring anyone! I'm just not up to the standard that Sole.Sushi set for so long!

tasty food
Apr 29, 2010
I, tasty food, oath one one bones wizard and demon, and one THI crab claw suit from Sedition Wars(Studio McVey/CMoN) all in 28mm.

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

[quote="Leperflesh"
Are the mechs and tanks Iron Wind Metals again? And, I'm putting you down as "terrain", apropos of the later discussion with Kruse groove.
[/quote]

Yes. They are.

nathonicus
May 2, 2013

nathonicus posted:

Margot
Duroc
3 Muttawiah
3 Naffatun
5 Odalisques
2 Ghulam
2 Hafza
2 Ragiks
1 Yuan Yuan
1 Al Hawa

Ok, the same list of dudes, but here's a pic with the date.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Alright kids, it's Prize Time!

Monthly prizes:

Dragon Forge Miniatures: $12 worth of their awesome bases shipped directly to: Conan the Librarian!

A blister pack selected from the box sent to us from Corvus Belli goes to: Dr. Clockwork!

A pack of Springer-Pinsel Kolinksy Sable Brushes goes to: counterspin!

FOUR sets of Games 'n' Gears double-ended brushes go to: Under 15, Buffalo Squeeze, Gareth Gobulcoque, and Dr. Red Ranger!
Unfortunately, Under 15 already won the Games 'n' Gears prize back in June, so he can't win it again. Reroll! The result is... Babe Magnet!
(This is going to happen a lot, with 4 going out each month the number of eligible winners is shrinking rapidly.)

An item chosen from several lots of game stuff from The Troll Trader goes to: KingMob!

An item from the Detektuv's Grab Bag goes to: Fix!

Winners, contact Krushgroove to claim your prizes, except for Dr. Clockwork; Dr. Clockwork, you contact ME via PM or email (my username at gmail dot com) to pick your prize!

As always you can verify my rolls here. Note that after rolling for Babe Magnet for the Games n' Gears prize, I accidentally rerolled it again (because I looked at index 48 instead of index 68, saw it was Monoliths (who is ineligible to re-win this prize), and rerolled it. On double-checking the results, though, I see it's 68 which is Babe Magnet.

This month we just have monthly prizes: for October, though, we'll be looking at both the bi-monthly prizes and the quarterly prizes, so that'll be cool.

Iris of Ether
Sep 29, 2005

Valkyrie is not amused

Iris of Ether posted:

I, Iris of Ether, oath the following:

Astrid, female bard
Goblin

Both are Reaper's Bones line, 28mm scale.

Pre-conversion picture of the goblin:

He was already missing his arm when I got him. :shobon:

I'm making an oath addition!

Damien, Hellborn Wizard
'Hell on Earth' Mutant

The tiefling is Reaper Bones. The Mutant is Studio 2 Publishing, via the Kickstarter "Hell on Earth" project.

Fish and Chimps
Feb 16, 2012

mmmfff
Fun Shoe

Leperflesh posted:

Oh. I should have looked more closely. Yeah, you need to complete the entire failed oath, to qualify for Whales. But it's fine to do some models this month or whatever, and then eventually (any time before April) oath the incomplete oath and then finish it. Although by the spirit of Whales, getting them all done at once is probably the best way to redeem your honor!

Oh ok. Well, important thing is I get some models painted. I must partly redeem my honour by the sheer number of models oathed this month, and take consolation in the fact that I get a lot of other poo poo done. That DV Company Master has stood half/painted on my shelf since last November.

KingMob
Feb 12, 2004
Et In Arcadia Ego
Cool! I enjoy winning things.

October Oath

First Mate Hawk, 28mm, Privateer Press.

And, yes, she will be pink.

Squibsy
Dec 3, 2005

Not suited, just booted.
College Slice
Takin advantage of Amnesty Month to OATH ONE OF EACH OF THE FOLLOWING: Asura, Deva, Devabot, Dasyu, Naga and Rebot from Infinity by Corvus Belli

Edit: D'you think these guys count as pink? :haw:

Squibsy fucked around with this message at 16:28 on Oct 5, 2013

Monoliths
Jul 7, 2009

Leperflesh posted:

Monthly prizes:

Note that after rolling for Babe Magnet for the Games n' Gears prize, I accidentally rerolled it again (because I looked at index 48 instead of index 68, saw it was Monoliths (who is ineligible to re-win this prize), and rerolled it. On double-checking the results, though, I see it's 68 which is Babe Magnet.

poo poo, did I win something and totally space on it? I was pretty sure I haven't won anything yet. Babe Magnet can totally take it, of course, I just thought I was better at reading bolded text than that.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Monoliths posted:

poo poo, did I win something and totally space on it? I was pretty sure I haven't won anything yet. Babe Magnet can totally take it, of course, I just thought I was better at reading bolded text than that.

In June, you won one of the Games n' Gears double-ended brushes! You should get in touch with Krushgroove right away to claim your prize.

e. Waitaminnute, something's hosed up on the June prize page. Let me figure this out.
Ahah, OK, I seem to have accidentally pasted the die reroll from yesterday into the corresponding row on the June spreadsheet by accident. The actual winners in June are all correct, and looking at my dice log, I didn't roll a different number or an extra number or anything like that.

Literally I rerolled yesterday for games n' gears, pasted it into the wrong cell, rerolled again, somehow pasted THAT into the wrong cell (in June) (row 68, though! So I got the right row, just the wrong month) and then checked September and pasted it there next to your name, and then saw my URL in that cell in June and thought "oh Monoliths isn't eligible" and then noticed that the first reroll was in the wrong cell (yours) and should have been in the right cell (Babe Magnet). :shobon:

OK so: Babe Magnet is the correct winner. You, Monoliths, never won anything, and were eligible and will continue to be eligible to win the brush, should that happen.

Sorry about pasting loving things everywhere. Maaaan am I glad that all my dice rolls are auditable!

Leperflesh fucked around with this message at 19:17 on Oct 5, 2013

drgnvale
Apr 30, 2004

A sword is not cutlery!
I, drgnvale, oath the following:
1) Converted up Marneus Calgar from Games Workshop
2) Tactical Terminator Sgt from Games Workshop
3) Amnesty: 4 mostly finished but greatly in need of cleanup tactical terminators from Games Workshop

Thundercloud
Mar 28, 2010

To boldly be eaten where no grot has been eaten before!
I, Thundercloud, Oath to totally not fail to paint 5 Space Marine Scouts, from GW in GW scale, and 10 Veer-Myn Nightcrawlers in 28mm scale from Mantic games. And hopefully Save Some Whales later in the month.

The Veer-myn are to get me in the mood for painting the Deadzone kickstarter, which will be giving me a colossal resin and plastic mountain at the end of November, and I've decided to take some of my 40k space marine stuff that isn't suitable for use in 30k and paint it up for the Babab War.

Namenlos
Oct 20, 2010
:radcat:I oath these 5 Adeptus Sororitas:radcat:

Please excuse the red showing through. I did my best to scrape off the original paint and then basecoat again, but the deepest nooks and crannies were difficult to get to.

Namenlos fucked around with this message at 21:55 on Oct 5, 2013

enri
Dec 16, 2003

Hope you're having an amazing day

I, enri, hereby oath to paint...

6 stands of UCM Colonial Legionnaires, scale is 10mm and the manufacturer is Hawk Wargames
6 stands of Scourge Warriors, scale is 10mm and the manufacturer is Hawk Wargames
1 Giant Slug, scale is 28mm and the manufacturer is Heresy Miniatures

Guess which one's getting a coat of pink paint ;)

Haydrian
Sep 30, 2001
Paid way too much for what I do.
I, Haydrian, do oath for October

One 8-man Fire Warrior squad from Games Workshop. I'll probably even put the armor pads onto the correct shoulders this time, won't that be grand!

edit: I've miscounted the number of figs per sprue, it's eight instead of then.

Haydrian fucked around with this message at 00:09 on Oct 6, 2013

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

I'll Fetch My Sarcasm Robes
I Bucnasti Oath to paint this Ork Skool Bus and this soon to be questioning his sexuality Space Marine from Games Workshop in 28mm

drgnvale
Apr 30, 2004

A sword is not cutlery!
Ugh, I hosed up my speed painting attempt by forgetting to get a picture before I started, but here's my oath picture (before base coat) and my completion picture anyway:

And a slightly better lit picture without background monitor:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Red Ranger
Nov 9, 2011

Nap Ghost

Leperflesh posted:

Alright kids, it's Prize Time!

FOUR sets of Games 'n' Gears double-ended brushes go to: Under 15, Buffalo Squeeze, Gareth Gobulcoque, and Dr. Red Ranger!
Unfortunately, Under 15 already won the Games 'n' Gears prize back in June, so he can't win it again. Reroll! The result is... Babe Magnet!

Winners, contact Krushgroove to claim your prizes, except for Dr. Clockwork; Dr. Clockwork, you contact ME via PM or email (my username at gmail dot com) to pick your prize!

Aaw, a prize!?! :swoon: How do I get in contact with Krushgroove to claim it? I don't have platinum.

• Locked thread