Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

They've mentioned the expanded Mars Attacks universe for stretch goals, specifically giant bugs, saucers, and robots.

So even if that doesn't materialize, I'm still getting a table of Stalingrad / ' 45 Berlin terrain with the add-on dollars.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phoon
Apr 23, 2010

If they get to 780k or so there will be a Martian Dreadball team that's the thing I want most.

I do wonder if these built in dollar rewards for the tiers will mean they fund slower once the initial rush of people runs out.

LumberingTroll
Sep 9, 2007

Really it's not because
I don't like you...
The first stretch goal for Mars attacks was terribly weak.. I hope thats a one time thing.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I think so, since there is no incentive to up your pledge until you reach the ceiling of your bundled add-on credit.

That may also result in a lot of stretch goals being paid additions, too. This is a kind of new model, but Mantic seems to understand kickstarter better than most game companies. It'll be interesting to see if the addon credit is a good idea or not. I think a KS ran into trouble over credit in the past, was it Galaxy's Toughest Girls?

Phoon
Apr 23, 2010

I think the tough girls ks main problem was their credit thing was confusing as hell at least this seems straightforward.

The ks has bugged out hard for me now though.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

moths posted:

I think so, since there is no incentive to up your pledge until you reach the ceiling of your bundled add-on credit.

Add-on credit can only be spent on Core upgrades. That suggests not all upgrades are Core.

Next stretch is a free character added to the base set.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

Oh man there is going to be some serious teeth-gnashing and hand-winging when the first non-core addon happens.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

moths posted:

Oh man there is going to be some serious teeth-gnashing and hand-winging when the first non-core addon happens.

If it's a Judge Dredd mini then I'm buying three. :colbert:

Jetpacks forthcoming, I see.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

NTRabbit posted:

You can only send one KS survey, and they wanted people to have the option of bundling extra Zinge bitz in with their basing pads to save on shipping. Every Kickstarter larger than tiny uses a pledge management system now if they ever want their fulfillment to succeed, and just uses the KS survey to gather email and physical address where applicable, for matching up into Backerkit etc later.

Ah okay, I'm new to kickstarter. Just seemed weird.

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

i was told my old av was distracting
Regarding the basing pads, they haven't even sent out the survey for it so :toot:

In for the long haul on every kickstarter or you're out

AccidentalHipster
Jul 5, 2013

Whadda ya MEAN ya never heard of Dan Brereton?

Gasperkun posted:

The Robotic Age is all about playing robots, cyborgs, and such. That's the whole point, apparently, and the art is pretty.

Robotic Age is in the final stretch and still underfunded. Which is a real shame because the playtest rules look really promising.

nonathlon
Jul 9, 2004
And yet, somehow, now it's my fault ...

LumberingTroll posted:

The first stretch goal for Mars attacks was terribly weak.. I hope thats a one time thing.

Seems like a real long time until fulfilment as well. And Mantic seems to be running kickstarters continuously: 5 in 18 months. I like the look and feel of Mars Attacks but this seems like a poor deal.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I think Mantic deliberately skimps on their initial offering, but by the end you're almost certainly getting a better deal than you signed on for.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

signalnoise posted:

Regarding the basing pads, they haven't even sent out the survey for it so :toot:

In for the long haul on every kickstarter or you're out

Yes they have - the basic survey to get your email and physical address to enter into whatever manager they're using was sent out a week ago, you're not one of those one or two peple we're waiting on are you? :colbert:

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

i was told my old av was distracting

NTRabbit posted:

Yes they have - the basic survey to get your email and physical address to enter into whatever manager they're using was sent out a week ago, you're not one of those one or two peple we're waiting on are you? :colbert:

Oh actually no I did that. I meant the one where you ask what people want

signalnoise fucked around with this message at 02:08 on Oct 5, 2013

Beautiful Flower
Apr 9, 2007

Peter Gabriel's solo stuff is pretty ok imho
Here's a project that I've been working on with TONY DANZAS HO, who is an excellent artist (http://nikkiart.carbonmade.com). In one sentence it's a tabletop game inspired by "rogue cop" films from the 80s that uses playing cards instead of dice.

"Loose cannon"

"Disregards the rules"

"Psychopath"

Sure you've heard all that before in the chief's office, in the station's locker room, at one of your misconduct hearings.

The brass doesn't like you because you don't have time for their "procedure" or the so-called "constitutional rights" of the scum you haul into the station.

But you're still on the force. You wanna know why? Because you're a great goddamn cop. That's why. You've got good instincts, you've got good contacts, and even though you've got a beergut and an ulcer, you can still crack skulls and book perps with the best of them.

In three days you'll retire as a sergeant. You knew early on that you'd never be an officer, and you were ok with it--sitting behind a desk is for people who don't have policing in their blood. However, with the changes to the department's pensions, you're looking at a pretty lean retirement.

"What's this?" You scroll through the dispatch that Suzie just dropped on your desk. Your eyes catch a few phrases: "urgent case" ..."Mayor wants this cleaned up"..."Book the perps in 72 hours and you get a promotion."

You straighten your uniform and head towards the Chief's office. Three days to solve one crime? Piece of cake. And a promotion. What could possibly go wrong?

*DRUDGE SIREN* When you back the kickstarter I email you a PDF containing the beta version of the rules. Meaning you can start playing right away.

Three Days Until Retirement is a fast-paced one-session tabletop RPG about cops going rogue to solve one last crime. Inspired by classic eighties cinema about cops on the edge, this game uses a unique card-based resolution system that requires strategically balancing investigative work, action and combat.

The game supports one-session or continuous campaign play and has suggestions for making the game as gritty or as gonzo as you want. Gameplay is rich enough to entertain veteran tabletop gamers yet accessible enough for non-gamers to pick up in a few minutes of play.

Three Days contains the full rules for playing the game, character creation, variant rules and a "lazy DM" section that contains a plot generator, NPC generator, scene generator, clue generator and henchman/villain generator, all done with playing cards.

Basically this is a game where you get to be a really bad cop and destroy buildings and murder people trying to solve a crime. If you're a lazy DM like I am, you can use the charts in the back to quickly generate a "whodunit" plot.

Money is covering art, layout, editing, print and distribution. We're well on our way, but more money means more content, more art and lots of weird swag.

Kickstarter link

Direwolf
Aug 16, 2004
Fwar
Backed, Beautiful Flower, I think that idea sounds hilarious and I think my group would love that as a one shot thing. What's the replayability like?

CroatianAlzheimers
Jun 15, 2009

I can't remember why I'm mad at you...

Backing this, Beautiful Flower. Now turn in your badge and your gun, you're off the case!

Beautiful Flower
Apr 9, 2007

Direwolf posted:

Backed, Beautiful Flower, I think that idea sounds hilarious and I think my group would love that as a one shot thing. What's the replayability like?

Thanks! Since plot and character creation are all randomly generated replayability is pretty high. I've run it with the same group repeatedly and it's been different/fun each time. Once they tortured a crazed psychiatrist, once they went undercover (as a juggalo, a "football jock" and a goth) at a local high school, once they dressed up like prostitutes and got in a fight with a bunch of hotdog vendors on the waterfront while trying to intercept a shipment of drugs. Sending you (and the gentleman below you who also backed) the beta rules right now!

Fiendish Dr. Wu
Nov 11, 2010

You done fucked up now!
Hell yeah I want to role play as Rambo in Nighthawks.

I don't even do rpgs, but this sounds rad.

Edit: forgot to mention, backed.

Fiendish Dr. Wu fucked around with this message at 14:54 on Oct 5, 2013

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
Beautiful Flower, I'm too old for this poo poo...(just backed it and might I say, Dioxin Dump LLC is a fantastic name for a business)

Beautiful Flower
Apr 9, 2007

Humbug Scoolbus posted:

Beautiful Flower, I'm too old for this poo poo...(just backed it and might I say, Dioxin Dump LLC is a fantastic name for a business)

Thanks! It's a reference to a Dead Milkmen song. Plus I'm a ~professional environmentalist~ (whatever that means) at my day job, so irony.

CroatianAlzheimers
Jun 15, 2009

Oh man, Beautiful Flower. Three Days looks fun as hell. I'm going on tour with my band next week, and Three Days looks perfect for playing in the back of the bus.

Also, that shot of the character sheet with the doughnut and the revolver is aces. Is that a Webley? If so, you have fine taste in shooting irons.

CroatianAlzheimers fucked around with this message at 15:57 on Oct 5, 2013

Beautiful Flower
Apr 9, 2007

It's a Nagant m1895. I wish it was a Webley. What's your band? If you're coming through St Louis I'll come to your show.

CroatianAlzheimers
Jun 15, 2009

You're right, it is a Nagant. I have the dumb, apparently, since the Nagant is on my C&R wishlist. I'm in a guerrilla/punk rock/street brass band called The Detroit Party Marching Band. Sadly, we're not headed west, we're going East through Pittsburgh to a big festival called HONK! Fest in Boston. It's bands like ours from all over the world.

Beautiful Flower
Apr 9, 2007

Whoa! That's a lot of fun. Thanks for the heads-up!

CroatianAlzheimers
Jun 15, 2009

Yeah, we have a lot of fun.

Dr. Lunchables
Dec 27, 2012

IRL DEBUFFED KOBOLD

Whoa, CroatianAlzheimers, are you from the mitten? Ever heard of a band called the Lansing Unionized Vaudville Spectacle?

E: on second thought, lets take this to the chat thread.

TouchyMcFeely
Aug 21, 2006

High five! Hell yeah!

Any chance for a game play video?

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

TouchyMcFeely posted:

It's an RPG, isn't it?

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Does your game include a butt spider stretch goal? http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/867463650/the-women-of-the-world-of-for-ha-tabletop-miniatur :nws:

Beautiful Flower
Apr 9, 2007

TouchyMcFeely posted:

I tried to record some gameplay but we were all too drunk for any of the footage to get used, plus the camera I'm borrowing isn't the best.

quote:

butt spider

The fantasy cheesecake mini campaigns seem to do really well. Tempted to add "fat, schlubby cop cheesecake mini" as a stretch goal.

Sefer
Sep 2, 2006
Not supposed to be here today

When I saw that I assumed it was something to do with Flying Assault Butts. I'm sad about how wrong I was.

TouchyMcFeely
Aug 21, 2006

High five! Hell yeah!

Jedit posted:

It's an RPG, isn't it?

I've never played RPGs but this sounds light enough that even someone like myself could get into. If it plays the way I think it does I might even be able to introduce it to my non-gaming group of friends.

Beautiful Flower
Apr 9, 2007

TouchyMcFeely posted:

I've never played RPGs but this sounds light enough that even someone like myself could get into. If it plays the way I think it does I might even be able to introduce it to my non-gaming group of friends.

It's a lot more like a card game with story stuff attached.

If one of the cops wants to investigate, do something cool (like leap from rooftop to rooftop or defuse a bomb) or try to charm someone into doing something, they have to use up one of their cards, with higher cards meaning better results. However, combat is determined like the card game war, and without high cards you will get blown away by some scuzzball with a cheap pistol. So there's some good strategy at play.

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

I'll Fetch My Sarcasm Robes

There's a $40 "Gamer Pack" wtf game are you supposed to play with these? Wait... I don't really want to know.

Paper Kaiju
Dec 5, 2010

atomic breadth

Oh god, I just noticed it's in high heels. The sculptor is truly a master of horror.

Bieeanshee
Aug 21, 2000

Not keen on keening.

Grimey Drawer
"The delicious mistress and her jealous owner." There aren't enough WTFs for that godawful thing.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
So, Robotic Age is in its last 66 hours. It's got less than 1,000 dollars to go. Might make its goal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Sefer posted:

When I saw that I assumed it was something to do with Flying Assault Butts. I'm sad about how wrong I was.

I thought the same thing. :negative:

• Locked thread