Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Night Danger Moose
Jan 5, 2004

YO SOY FIESTA

OptimusMatrix posted:

I've never seen a poaint job like this. Pretty awesome if you ask me.
http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=a2a_1380931936
:stare: That's cool as balls. I want that on every car I own.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kenshin
Jan 10, 2007

Night Danger Moose posted:

:stare: That's cool as balls. I want that on every car I own.

No kidding. That is amazing.

TRANS AM 20000
Apr 17, 2010

Time to punch it!

F1 on butterfly action.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

OptimusMatrix posted:

I've never seen a poaint job like this. Pretty awesome if you ask me.

I remember having hot wheels that did that :allears:

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Nose Manual + Super Sonic Spin Attack

OptimusMatrix posted:

I've never seen a paint job like this. Pretty awesome if you ask me.

This is awesome, but I feel it would look better in any other "base" colour than that weird peach colour. Blue or something. I realise that's probably a byproduct of the effect, but eh.

Also, I wonder how long it takes to "Normalise".

Puddin
Apr 9, 2004
Leave it to Brak
Yeah that's cool as poo poo but it would look heaps better if it were two similar colours, like a navy blue and a British racing green.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

OptimusMatrix posted:

How much did that cost?

Aureus
Nov 20, 2006

AirRaid posted:

This is awesome, but I feel it would look better in any other "base" colour than that weird peach colour. Blue or something. I realise that's probably a byproduct of the effect, but eh.

Also, I wonder how long it takes to "Normalise".

Looks like its actually two layers of paint. One solid color and then another layer that goes from clear to a solid color. So you can probably do any pair of colors.

rcman50166
Mar 23, 2010

by XyloJW

OptimusMatrix posted:

This looks like the stuff that they use in various kids toys to make them change color. All of the dolls with color changing hair come to mind.

stone soup
Jul 8, 2004

Tusen Takk posted:

I remember having hot wheels that did that :allears:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kcNVJwnziZk
"Radical color change! It's like a new car!"

Edit:
Cannonball!

stone soup fucked around with this message at 00:57 on Oct 7, 2013

yyyyyy
Jan 13, 2013

by T. Finninho
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fuxxT2O2nHE

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

kmcormick9 posted:

Is there a cheat menu on those that will let you dump all the syrups at once? Or at least sprite and fruit punch together?

There is a cheat menu. Get to a screen with very few options, so you can see the background bubbles (Water is ubiquitous and the easiest). There should be three prominent background bubbles forming a triangle above the main button. Press the three bubbles counter-clockwise starting with the top. Boom, admin menu.

Kenshin
Jan 10, 2007
nofucksgiven.jpg. He seemed to like that I was taking a picture of him. Yes, that is a flower in his mouth.

Studebaker Lark VI I found sitting in the neighborhood in pretty darn good condition, though it's clearly used a lot and not a show car:

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

Kenshin posted:

Studebaker Lark VI I found sitting in the neighborhood in pretty darn good condition, though it's clearly used a lot and not a show car:

That looks great. I need to get some modern tires on mine for safety; his look pretty good and it looks like he's even got the original hubcaps still on there.

Straight 6 engine too, which is cool. I was at a car show last Sunday, there must have been 200 cars there, and pretty much everything that could have a V8 had one. IIRC besides the Model A's with their 4cyl engines, there were only 2 non-V8 cars: a straight-6 Ford Fairlane and a slant-6 Plymouth Valiant. I love me a straight 6, everything's just right there conveniently accessible.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
At some point, everyone has seen a racing car bed, the plastic moulded kind meant for young children. I'm going to guess that a fair number of AIers did, in their formative years, hanker after one.

Ladies and gentlemen, you may not be able to buy a racing car bed for yourself (because you won't fit in it), and you may not have kids to live vicariously through instead - but you can buy a classic Nissan Skyline bed for your dog. :japan:

Chillbro Baggins
Oct 8, 2004
Bad Angus! Bad!
Y'know those sofas styled after the rear end end of a '57 Chevy? I'm seeing an untapped market in that vein for full-sized racecar beds. I can get a desk made from a 737 engine cowling or a conference table made from the horizontal stabilizer of a DC-3; why not a queen-size bed in a hollowed-out classic musclecar body?

(Actual racecars are generally smaller than the kiddie beds, but you could totally fit a queen-size mattress in a Countach shell)

Chillbro Baggins fucked around with this message at 14:10 on Oct 7, 2013

Octopus Magic
Dec 19, 2003

I HATE EVERYTHING THAT YOU LIKE* AND I NEED TO BE SURE YOU ALL KNOW THAT EVERY TIME I POST

*unless it's a DSM in which case we cool ^_^

Delivery McGee posted:

Y'know those sofas styled after the rear end end of a '57 Chevy? I'm seeing an untapped market in that vein for full-sized racecar beds. I can get a desk made from a 737 engine cowling or a conference table made from the horizontal stabilizer of a DC-3; why not a queen-size bed in a hollowed-out classic musclecar body?

(Actual racecars are generally smaller than the kiddie beds, but you could totally fit a queen-size mattress in a Countach shell)

I sleep in a big bed with my wife.

relative_q
Sep 9, 2008

shame on a kitty who try to run game on a kitty

wu buck wild wit tha trigga

InitialDave posted:

At some point, everyone has seen a racing car bed, the plastic moulded kind meant for young children. I'm going to guess that a fair number of AIers did, in their formative years, hanker after one.

Ladies and gentlemen, you may not be able to buy a racing car bed for yourself (because you won't fit in it), and you may not have kids to live vicariously through instead - but you can buy a classic Nissan Skyline bed for your dog. :japan:

Yo, you can't post that without a link on where to get one. :colbert:

Edit: It took some weird Google search terms, but I found where you can get the blue one, and also a Fairlady.
http://www.hannari-pet.com/shop/index.php/narikiri-pets-nissan-collaboration-series-cube-pink-1897.html
http://www.hannari-pet.com/shop/index.php/narikiri-pets-nissan-collaboration-series-cuddler-skyline-red.html

relative_q fucked around with this message at 15:18 on Oct 7, 2013

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

relative_q posted:

Yo, you can't post that without a link on where to get one. :colbert:

It's a store called "Pet Paradise" in Japan, I've seen a few of them, so I think it's a chain (this particular one is in Fukuoka). They also sell little chew-toy versions (a 5" long stuffed toy car with knotted rope attached).

If you genuinely want one, I think the price would be somewhere around $90 plus shipping (chew toys are just under $10).

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Delivery McGee posted:

"Do you enjoy having sex with women? Do you enjoy classic supercars? Now you can have both at the same time!"

I think not.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

that is horrifying, not awesome at all

jamal
Apr 15, 2003

I'll set the building on fire
Objects in mirror are closer than they appear.

Das Volk
Nov 19, 2002

by Cyrano4747
Is that more australia.jpg?

Hugh G. Rectum
Mar 1, 2011

How much did you pay for it?

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

Jesus Christ, you're never going to shake that curse are you? :stare:

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

anonumos
Jul 14, 2005

Fuck it.

It's totaled...have you talked to your insurance company yet?

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

Looks like a perfect excuse for speeding, to me.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

shoot it, dear god someone kill it

Moxie Omen
Mar 15, 2008

Wow! I'm really scared!

HandlingByJebus
Jun 21, 2009

All of a sudden, I found myself in love with the world, so there was only one thing I could do:
was ding a ding dang, my dang a long racecar.

It's a love affair. Mainly jebus, and my racecar.

This loving picture actually made me pick my feet up off the floor. That's absolutely horrible.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
Something not quite that bad happened in the bike shop not long ago. I drowned them all in spray-on bike cleaner (covered most of the dashboard and triples) and let it sit for a few days. Seems to have worked.

Choom Gangster
Oct 29, 2006

I opened an old CB headlight once to a fetal tarantula in the web-sack-thing. I took it out, thinking it was dead, or not alive yet, it started to move around, so I dropped it in the kitchen sink, cut open the sack thing and burned it. I burned it a whole lot.

Thanks a lot Tucson desert.

Coasterphreak
May 29, 2007
I like cookies.

Lookit all dem baby spiders :3:

Boomerjinks
Jan 31, 2007

DINO DAMAGE
Went to the Pueblo air museum today, where I fell in love with this.

And just so I don't derail the thread too much, that photo was taken a few minutes before I spotted this little guy trucking along the sidewalk.

I'd never seen a wild tarantula before. The fact that we just allow these things to roam this country freely is goddamn despicable.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

It's just a huntsman. They're literally everywhere in Australia and almost harmless. I can't count the number of times I've found one in my car, usually they squeeze themselves into the door gap or into the vents.

Even had one living in my filler cap area for a while. We got on great initially. She'd sit above the cap and watch me undo it and run around in circles when I filled. Then she hit adulthood, got really big and started trying to attack me whenever I tried to fill up. I had to flush her out with water and left her at the petrol station :(

Boomerjinks posted:

Went to the Pueblo air museum today, where I fell in love with this.

Yep, there's no more beautiful vehicle than a purpose built does-one-job vehicle.

anonumos
Jul 14, 2005

Fuck it.
That does remind me of the colony of ants that set up shop in my Cherokee, under the spare wheel. One day they decided to move into the ratchet for the driver's side seat belt. The next day, when I buckled up, the damned things swarmed all over me. No bitey, but it was not comfortable at all. I went to the store and bought a bunch of ant killer. It worked very well, but I still get the willies when I think about it.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

You can directly kill insects and spiders with water + any surfactant. Dish soap works perfectly. It prevents the hairs on their chitin from holding the water away from the spiracles that they breathe through, so they suffocate rapidly. There's no need to go spraying expensive automotive solvents or whatever the gently caress all over the place. Fill a spray bottle with tap water and add a few drops of dish soap and then spray the terrible scary bugs.

That said, stop being afraid of tiny little harmless animals, you bunch of puling children.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe

Leperflesh posted:

You can directly kill insects and spiders with water + any surfactant. Dish soap works perfectly. It prevents the hairs on their chitin from holding the water away from the spiracles that they breathe through, so they suffocate rapidly. There's no need to go spraying expensive automotive solvents or whatever the gently caress all over the place. Fill a spray bottle with tap water and add a few drops of dish soap and then spray the terrible scary bugs.

That said, stop being afraid of tiny little harmless animals, you bunch of puling children.

You ever accidentally stood too close to a pile of fire ants and only noticed when 150 of those fuckers bit you on command at the exact same time?