Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you
Thinking of selling my Daredevil Omni's. They are all still wrapped and I don't think I'll ever read them any time soon, and I have a pile of books waiting to be shelved

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

StumblyWumbly posted:

This surprises me because the Hellboy stuff is done really well.

Their HC line is great. Their softcovers are pretty lovely.

sporklift
Aug 3, 2008

Feelin' it so hard.

I accidentally spent all of my money.

A more comprehensive look at these is over here

http://marvelmasterworksfansite.yuku.com/reply/670077/Sporklifts-Books#reply-670077

Lord. I am up to 24 binds and counting...

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
It occurs to me I've never posted my own collection as a lot of others have. Unfortunately, it's in a terrible mess because I've recently moved it over to a superior bookcase. Oh, well.

I'll have to post a much better picture once it's all straightened out.

The Engine Driver
Jul 17, 2003
Package Pants.

Nodoze posted:

Thinking of selling my Daredevil Omni's. They are all still wrapped and I don't think I'll ever read them any time soon, and I have a pile of books waiting to be shelved

Which DD omnis do you have? I might be interested if you do end up selling those.

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

Is this a re-print of that super hard to find omnibus? here. Is anything different than the first release or am I just mistaken?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

obi_ant posted:

Is this a re-print of that super hard to find omnibus? here. Is anything different than the first release or am I just mistaken?

Reprint.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
After a year of waiting I finally have my Expedits.

Things are a little messy still as I'm trying to sort out where exactly I want which books and I have a few cubes double deep with stuff I rarely touch at the back right now.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you

The Engine Driver posted:

Which DD omnis do you have? I might be interested if you do end up selling those.

Brubacker Vol 1 & 2, Bendis Vol 2

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

obi_ant posted:

Oh poo poo. Definitely gonna snag that. When I am getting paid again.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.

Rhyno posted:

After a year of waiting I finally have my Expedits.

What are the storage boxes in the bottom row? I've bought some from different stores that didn't fit (why didn't I measure?!) until I found one at Walmart that fits, but has angled sides and sucks for holding CD cases.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Uthor posted:

What are the storage boxes in the bottom row? I've bought some from different stores that didn't fit (why didn't I measure?!) until I found one at Walmart that fits, but has angled sides and sucks for holding CD cases.

I got them at Target years ago. They were for a 3x3 cube shelf and were way too small. I was shocked that they fit perfectly. Now I need one more cream colored one to match the entire bottom row.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
It would appear that a further calamity has arisen:

They look slightly different!

sporklift
Aug 3, 2008

Feelin' it so hard.

Recent book purchases.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Actually, I'm bit interested to know if there's a proper Heaven's Ladder graphic novel, since the one I've got is the one-shot even though it actually has more pages than New World Order.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Metal Loaf posted:

Actually, I'm bit interested to know if there's a proper Heaven's Ladder graphic novel, since the one I've got is the one-shot even though it actually has more pages than New World Order.

The proper one is the Treasury Edition.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
That's a bit larger than the average TPB, isn't it?

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Metal Loaf posted:

That's a bit larger than the average TPB, isn't it?
It's a big honkin' softcover alright--Unfit for any shelf!

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Aye, I thought so. And, as the photo I posted above indicates, my inner :sperg: would never be able to tolerate such a thing.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Metal Loaf posted:

Aye, I thought so. And, as the photo I posted above indicates, my inner :sperg: would never be able to tolerate such a thing.
Boo to the baby-sized reprint!

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I believe they only adopted that spine logo with Vol.12 (as well as numbering). Golden Age and Obsidian Age 1 are the same.

Also Treasury size is BEST size.

Glenn Danzig
Jan 4, 2006
Is it time to be an android not a man

Rhyno posted:

I believe they only adopted that spine logo with Vol.12 (as well as numbering). Golden Age and Obsidian Age 1 are the same.

Also Treasury size is BEST size.

You spelled 'Golden Age Artist Edition' wrong.

Mr Wind Up Bird
Jan 23, 2004

i'm a goddamn coward
but then again so are you
How many Stray Bullets giant hardcovers are there? Three? I've got the first one and suddenly today I was struck with the idea that soon Stray Bullets will be impossible to read and there will never be any more.

McGurk
Oct 20, 2004

Cuz life sucks, kids. Get it while you can.

Mr Wind Up Bird posted:

How many Stray Bullets giant hardcovers are there? Three? I've got the first one and suddenly today I was struck with the idea that soon Stray Bullets will be impossible to read and there will never be any more.

There are 3, the third volume is pretty hard to find though. I think a fourth was solicited but it never came out.

Zachack
Jun 1, 2000

Mr Wind Up Bird posted:

Why would they be hard to find? Is Lapham trying to erase any evidence of his pre-Avatar output?

StumblyWumbly
Sep 12, 2007

Batmanticore!

Zachack posted:

Why would they be hard to find? Is Lapham trying to erase any evidence of his pre-Avatar output?

Pretty sure he published it himself, and I guess he just did a small run and doesn't want to do another.
It's a shame because I'd definitely pick that up. Some great stuff.

Brocktoon
Jul 18, 2006

Before we engage we should hang back and study their tactics.

Zachack posted:

Quit poking an old wound. At this point he's clearly never going to finish what was his greatest work. :smith:

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
How do the IDW Doctor Who Classic omniboo correspond to the Doctor Who Classic trades? The two released so far seem to go up as far as the Colin Baker strips, but I'm only familiar with the Panini collections and the Sixth Doctor comics were collected after the Paul McGann ones.

The Engine Driver
Jul 17, 2003
Package Pants.

Nodoze posted:

Brubacker Vol 1 & 2, Bendis Vol 2

PMed you, didn't want to derail the thread too much.

Indie Rocktopus
Feb 20, 2012

In the aeroplane
over the sea

20% off Barnes and Noble discount code: FRIENDNFAM

The coupon said the only limit on the code is one per household, so there shouldn't be any trouble with multiple people using it. Their prices on big hardcovers are usually pretty competitive to start with and you can knock another $5-10 off with a coupon like this... the reprint of the Claremont X-Men omnibus that just came out, for instance, winds up being around $50 plus tax.

Anyway, enjoy! Post if you get a good bargain!

EDIT: Just grabbed the RASL hardcover for $20 bucks and change.

Indie Rocktopus fucked around with this message at 18:27 on Oct 10, 2013

Fight My Dad!
Mar 9, 2008

I wish I had Paul Newman's eyes
That would be nice.

sporklift posted:

Recent book purchases.

How are you liking SiP? I'd never read it, and it really is marvellous in scope. Even if I am only about 20% through it.

Glenn Danzig
Jan 4, 2006

paulnewmanseyes posted:

How are you liking SiP? I'd never read it, and it really is marvellous in scope. Even if I am only about 20% through it.

I know you didn't ask me, but....

I bought the Hardcover Omnibus set without ever reading a page and LOVED it. I cannot wait to re-read it.

funtax
Feb 28, 2001
Forum Veteran
Has anything weird happened to the dust jackets of your copy of SiP? The glossy bits of mine managed to get stuck together and peeled off when I went to reread them a while back.

Glenn Danzig
Jan 4, 2006

funtax posted:

Has anything weird happened to the dust jackets of your copy of SiP? The glossy bits of mine managed to get stuck together and peeled off when I went to reread them a while back.

Same here, I asked Terry about it, it's an issue with all copies. :(

solidrooster
Apr 8, 2009

Glenn Danzig posted:

Same here. I bought mine still in shrink wrap, but a couple of years old, and it was stuck together.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I recently discovered this dude's blog where he proposes possible Marvel omniboo. As a fan of X-Men, I think I'd be quite interested in this one and this one. Any thoughts?

Also, about X-Men, what story where they pursuing in the ten issues between "Fall Of the Mutants" and "Inferno"? I'm just looking at the Wiki list and that seems to be the only really big gap in the consecutive collection spanning from "Mutant Massacre" through to "Fatal Attractions".

sporklift
Aug 3, 2008

Feelin' it so hard.

paulnewmanseyes posted:

I bought it because everyone raves about it. Read through the first arc and it seems like a huge melodramatic soap opera. Kinda lost interest but I will pick it up again.

funtax
Feb 28, 2001
Forum Veteran

Glenn Danzig posted:

Well, at least I'm not alone.

tvb
Dec 22, 2004

We don't understand Chinese, dude!
Picked up the new one-volume, colorized RASL last weekend. The storytelling and line art show a lot of flaws that weren't in Bone -- realism and sci-fi apparently don't suit Jeff Smith as well as cartoonish fantasy -- but it's well worth the $40 price tag anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Glenn Danzig
Jan 4, 2006

funtax posted:

Well, at least I'm not alone.

No, you are not alone.