Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Novo
May 13, 2003

Stercorem pro cerebro habes
Soiled Meat

Darth123123 posted:

Why do people give a poo poo about this is beyond me. I take that back, I know.
In a sense this started out as a collective gently caress-you to that kind of thinking, so the joke's on every hater that posts in this thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SoundMonkey
Apr 22, 2006

I just push buttons.

Darth123123 posted:

Seriously, the place has a walk up window, needs paint and probably an interior gut (which he can obviously handle himself). Grade/Throw down some rock and a small asphalt pad for tables and its set. Get out of SoCal people.

He's gutting the interior this very day, actually.

Sex Beef 2.0
Jan 14, 2012

I AM THE MOON posted:

I, for one, wish the Hot Dog Man the best, with the fourteen (14) thousand dollars given to him by goons to sell hotdogs that look like this

to people that look like this

from a building that looks like this

go team frog out!!

Man look at those stupid poor white people, good thing I'm morally and intellectually superior to them and will not stoop to such lows as eating hotdogs :smug:

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

SoundMonkey posted:

He's gutting the interior this very day, actually.

Yeah, and it would be kind of cool if he documented the fix up.

SoundMonkey
Apr 22, 2006

I just push buttons.

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Yeah, and it would be kind of cool if he documented the fix up.

Eh, it's his first day in the new place, I imagine he has better poo poo to do (at this point at least).

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

SoundMonkey posted:

Eh, it's his first day in the new place, I imagine he has better poo poo to do (at this point at least).

Yeah probably. Still, I imagine we'll get at least some updates as his project progresses. I'm looking forward to it.

SoundMonkey
Apr 22, 2006

I just push buttons.

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Yeah probably. Still, I imagine we'll get at least some updates as his project progresses. I'm looking forward to it.

Yeah he's said he'll keep us updated, I hope he does, no matter which way this ends up going, I want to see it.

Kid Gloves
Jul 31, 2013

by XyloJW

Polymerized Cum posted:

*puts arm around stripper* Baby, I got so much money I can dump it into hot dog shack in a backwater town...

Exactly, it's like the golden age of patronage except instead of paintings and architecture I'm using my vast wealth to support internet hot dog guys.

James Hardon
May 31, 2006

SoundMonkey posted:

Yeah he's said he'll keep us updated, I hope he does, no matter which way this ends up going, I want to see it.

I want to see it too, especially if it ends up going in the direction of Wayne pocketing all the money that would have been used to fund goon Christmas presents instead of opening the restaurant.

I AM THE MOON
Dec 21, 2012

TheWorldIsSquare posted:

Man look at those stupid poor white people, good thing I'm morally and intellectually superior to them and will not stoop to such lows as eating hotdogs :smug:

Same, the World Is Square. Glad to meet a kindred spirit.

Michael Scott
Jan 3, 2010

by zen death robot
I, too, hope he doesn't just take the $14,000 and run. That's a lot of money to be given at once.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

It's more perfect than I could have hoped for. Whenever I pictured Doobie's Doghouse in my mind it pretty much looked exactly like that.

Just to clarify, I wasn't being snide when I posted that. That building is a great basis for a quintessential oldfashioned smalltown America roadside eatery.

SoundMonkey
Apr 22, 2006

I just push buttons.

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Just to clarify, I wasn't being snide when I posted that. That building is a great basis for a quintessential oldfashioned smalltown America roadside eatery.

Those are actually some really nice pictures.

...and if he does run with the money, I can't even imagine how much hookers and (lovely) blow $14,000 gets you in Alabama.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

SoundMonkey posted:

Those are actually some really nice pictures.

I've eaten at many a similar establishment during cross country road trips, back when I was a kid on family holidays and recently on my own trips with buddies. :)

Undead Unicorn
Sep 14, 2010

by Lowtax

Polymerized Cum posted:

Yeah but this guy is going to paint emoticons on the side of his building, that's what makes it a much better investment.

The actual argument is its business in the middle of a poverty stricken area, and it's one that ignored by FYAD until they want to post pictures of his dilapidated dinner he just bought like it's scam. Because the idea of goons blowing thousands of dollars on a lovely hotdog stand is only mockable and derision worthy of they ignore that the town, the county, and most of the state is a poor, almost third world hellhole (it's still funny no matter what mind you).

Novo posted:

In a sense this started out as a collective gently caress-you to that kind of thinking, so the joke's on every hater that posts in this thread.

It was mostly because some goons where talking about cancelling their children's Christmas and kicking out girlfriend's over the project, not because goons where having a laugh at GBS/FYAD/ADTRW hipsters or some poo poo. Otherwise FYAD would have got bored with in it in less than a week and just thought it was stupid, instead of getting angry at it and GBS.

Undead Unicorn fucked around with this message at 06:34 on Oct 8, 2013

DragonReach Ghost
Sep 16, 2002

My Avatar is a Red Avatar

Undead Unicorn posted:

It was mostly because some goons where talking about cancelling their children's Christmas and kicking out girlfriend's over the project, not because goons where having a laugh at GBS/FYAD/ADTRW hipsters or some poo poo. Otherwise FYAD would have got bored with in it in less than a week and just thought it was stupid, instead of getting angry at it and GBS.

As far as I recall, I am the only one who brought up Christmas stuff. Apparently some people just can not understand that people might actually prefer to give something to someone, or try to provide the means to a better life rather than get a new big screen TV, or the latest game console, whatever material item is your fancy.

I did not deprive my family of anything for Christmas, I make a good living and we made a CHOICE. We will still have a nice Christmas, even if it is just us sitting around building Lego sets. We don't tend to get wrapped up in the whole gift giving crap.

And I don't have little kids, my son is almost 20, he is quite capable of understanding and making the choice of donating what I would have spent on him to someone else.

Most of this response is not directed at Undead Unicorn, I'm just tired of the BS.

Part of the reason I gave as much to Wayne as I did, is because I grew up in Alabama, I lived about 20 minutes from Reform for while. I have lived in the big cities of Alabama and also some of the smallest. Little places like what his hot dog stand might become are important to those small towns. I've also been through a few tornadoes and know what it takes to rebuild from having a home and community blown away in the wind. At this point in time his hot dog dream only affects one family, if he can fulfill even half of the realistic things that have been brought up at one time or another in this thread it can be a lot more. High school kids might have a place to work and a chance to build up to something else, or it could be a hangout on Friday and Saturday nights. Or maybe, in a year or so the whole place will fold, but at least he tried to do something, and my egotistical, self congratulatory voice will know that we helped him try.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc
Uh dude his hot dog pictures aren't very good don't you see that he deserves derision and mockery? I'm getting crazy LOLs at this guy who wants to start a small business to support his family when he should instead be in the Internet posting ironically.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

I for one only eat hotdogs from establishments with owners in upper level tax income brackets.

Gaspy Conana
Aug 1, 2004

this clown loves you

Polymerized Cum
May 5, 2012

Lol he is definitely scamming the suit out of everyone.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

theflyingorc posted:

Uh dude his hot dog pictures aren't very good don't you see that he deserves derision and mockery? I'm getting crazy LOLs at this guy who wants to start a small business to support his family when he should instead be in the Internet posting ironically.

But don't you get it his hot dogs look like diarrhea ha ha ha. Also he from Alabama he racist.

I was of course about to take out a second mortgage on my home just to fund this hot dog man, but their weak trolls have set me straight.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Polymerized Cum posted:

Lol he is definitely scamming the suit out of everyone.

Yeah, now that he already has all the money he wanted, he can commence the scam!

Zeta
Jul 29, 2009

KWEOOOOOO
Pillbug

I think my favorite thing about the forums is that some goons just cannot seem to understand the concept of moderation. It's that same mindset that turned the 'Low Carb' thread into the 'Eat bacon only, all the time' thread.

A normal person might have read about hotdog man and thought, "This seems nice, I'll pitch in $20." But the goon mind views this and jumps directly to the conclusion of, "A hotdog stand in Alabama? poo poo, I'd better send him my ENTIRE Christmas budget!"

You don't need to do that! You don't have to choose between Christmas and hotdog man! You can do both - if you wanted to be really generous, you could have donated $100 or something, and still had money for gifts and stuff. Hotdog man has enough money to make hotdogs, he has exceeded his original donation goal several times over by now. Listen, I can understand wanted to help people, to donate towards the betterment of other people's lives. It's nice that you would rather send money to the needy than buy extravagant gifts for your family. But you're not donating to Toys for Tots or March of Dimes - you're giving more money to a hotdog stand that already has enough money.

Like I said, your kindness is touching; but it's also nice to spend some money on yourself and your family - share gifts, enjoy the holidays, make memories, that type of thing. But you've gone and spent $1000 on a hotdog stand. And you don't even have a hotdog.

Lanky Coconut Tree
Apr 7, 2011

An angry tree.

The angriest tree

Zeta posted:

I think my favorite thing about the forums is that some goons just cannot seem to understand the concept of moderation. It's that same mindset that turned the 'Low Carb' thread into the 'Eat bacon only, all the time' thread.

A normal person might have read about hotdog man and thought, "This seems nice, I'll pitch in $20." But the goon mind views this and jumps directly to the conclusion of, "A hotdog stand in Alabama? poo poo, I'd better send him my ENTIRE Christmas budget!"

You don't need to do that! You don't have to choose between Christmas and hotdog man! You can do both - if you wanted to be really generous, you could have donated $100 or something, and still had money for gifts and stuff. Hotdog man has enough money to make hotdogs, he has exceeded his original donation goal several times over by now. Listen, I can understand wanted to help people, to donate towards the betterment of other people's lives. It's nice that you would rather send money to the needy than buy extravagant gifts for your family. But you're not donating to Toys for Tots or March of Dimes - you're giving more money to a hotdog stand that already has enough money.

Like I said, your kindness is touching; but it's also nice to spend some money on yourself and your family - share gifts, enjoy the holidays, make memories, that type of thing. But you've gone and spent $1000 on a hotdog stand. And you don't even have a hotdog.

Why are you lecturing a man old enough to have a 20 year old kid and is mature enough to actually discuss with his family about it first? Who gave up 500 bucks of his OWN first, instead of buying a big new tv for himself?

Incredulous Dylan
Oct 22, 2004

Fun Shoe
Sounds like the dude has had different life experiences than you, Zeta. It probably means more to him coming from that type of area to give the money and his family understands and accepts that.

Mexican Deathgasm
Aug 17, 2010

Ramrod XTreme

Lanky Coconut Tree posted:

Why are you lecturing a man old enough to have a 20 year old kid and is mature enough to actually discuss with his family about it first? Who gave up 500 bucks of his OWN first, instead of buying a big new tv for himself?

Well, because he doesn't understand it and wouldn't do it, therefore it must be wrong.

I remember there were haters in the Christmas thread where goons were donating to that little village community centre. There are seriously some goons that lack basic human empathy to the point where they get angry when others get a good feeling from doing something nice for strangers. It's kinda sad, actually.

Noni
Jul 8, 2003
ASK ME ABOUT DEFRAUDING GOONS WITH HOT DOGS AND HOW I BANNED EPIC HAMCAT
This is a total scam. This guy just openly admitted that he's gonna take all our money and blow it all on, of all the things in the world, some absurd hotdog stand in rural Alabama.

DragonReach Ghost
Sep 16, 2002

My Avatar is a Red Avatar

Zeta posted:

You are right Toys for Tots, March of Dimes, American Cancer Society and others are better choices, but those are charities that I already give to throughout the year, and I strongly encourage providing to the charity of your choice.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

You can do whatever you want with your own money, but donating $1,000 to this is definitely going a little overboard unless you are Bill Gates. But it's still retarded to imply that this admittedly lame/corny thread about some guy's hot dog Kickstarter is on the same level as the drug widow or low-carb ones.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Noni posted:

This is a total scam. This guy just openly admitted that he's gonna take all our money and blow it all on, of all the things in the world, some absurd hotdog stand in rural Alabama.

poo poo, I want my money back. I only bought in to this on the premise that my money would be blown on hookers and coke.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

theflyingorc posted:

You have 28 pages of posts in the ouya thread.

ThatPazuzu
Sep 8, 2011

I'm so depressed, I can't even blink.
If I say something edgy about hot dogs can I get Cool Guy Internet points? What if I do it every day in multiple forums?

Edit: vvv haha, I get it! The joke is poop!

ThatPazuzu fucked around with this message at 17:39 on Oct 8, 2013

Ruddha
Jan 21, 2006

when you realize how cool and retarded everything is you will tilt your head back and laugh at the sky
Hahaha keep on making fun of my so called "problems" with incontinence, mother fuckers. Edgy as gently caress, not. Maybe if you guys had some good money jobs you'd know it's easy as hell to buy new pairs of pants after you stain them with uncontrollable making GBS threads.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

ThatPazuzu posted:

If I say something edgy about hot dogs can I get Cool Guy Internet points? What if I do it every day in multiple forums?

Haha, everyone who disagrees with me is just trying to be cool. Only my version of mockery is acceptable as well

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

No Muscles For The Majority
I ended up contributing a dollar after getting hella drunk and thinking "access to the comments will be worth it if this goes tits up" and now I feel dumb because that is worth several hitlerbux in War Thunder. gently caress hot dogs.

HonkyDong
Sep 9, 2012
While on probation I found time to read Keynes' 'The Means to Prosperity' and was surprised to find out that he specifically mentions kickstarting hot dog stands in rural shitholes as a viable way to tackle unemployment in a global recession. I admit I feel kind of stupid now.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide
Man they can try as hard as possible but FYAD really can't ruin a thread nearly as well as GBS does on its own.

Troll Bridgington
Dec 22, 2011

Keeping up foreign relations.
If we can't believe in Doobie's Dogs, then why should we believe in anything ever?

If this hotdog stand fails, I might need to kill myself.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Troll Bridgington posted:

If we can't believe in Doobie's Dogs, then why should we believe in anything ever?

If this hotdog stand fails, I might need to kill myself.

You need to dig deep and find your inner hot dog stand. Only then will you know peace.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

Noni posted:

God drat it. Why did goons contribute if not to open an emoticon frog-shop in rural Alabama? And now he's blowing it on hot dogs?

• Locked thread