Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SlowlyChoking
Nov 23, 2004

Open fierce skies on me, on a bird and we experience the new death indeed.

Zsinjeh posted:

How are the live shows so far by the way? I haven't gotten around to buying the digital pack.

Quote from the CBB season 2 show thread.

ibntumart posted:

I already mistook a Birthday Boy for a theatre employee! False alarm.

Edit: Just got back a few minutes ago. There were basically three parts to the show: the Birthday Boys opener; Hot Saucerman working the crowd; and then the live podcast.

Birthday Boys: Meh. The opening pre-filmed Odenkirk bit was funny, but the sketches were so-so. Ducky Powell might have been a bit funnier if I hadn't already seen the character on a CBB podcast singing the same song, I guess. Anyway, they weren't horrible, but they didn't really do much for me. Their taped bits were better, though. Less nudity, too (less being a good thing here).

The Choctaw: Really good. Aukerman played with the conceit that we were a rehearsal performance for the *real* big performance up in Portland. He had several other bits, including a happy birthday musical number and tricking someone onstage to act out a heckling script, all fun.

Live podcast: Loved it! His guests were Doug Benson and Paul F. Tompkins Werner Herzog. Coincidentally, my wife had mentioned on the drive to the show that Herzog is her least favorite character, but she was laughing at least as hard as I was most of the way through. Great Would You Rather? (they sat perfectly still through the entire musical intro and outro!), Aukerman made PFT collapse into laughter and almost break character during a discussion of the Medea movies, and just a lot of fun to watch overall. Oh, and they alluded to an incident in the previous show: a family brought kids to the show... on a night when Andy Daly was doing his Don Dimello character. The family apparently made a hasty exit shortly after he came out.

So there's a very brief review. Absolutely worth the price of admission.

I'm excited.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Borrowed Ladder
May 4, 2007

monarch of the sleeping marches
I've really liked all four live episodes (tig episode was good, Todd glass and Andy kinder was great, Andy Daly and pft was great, and Benson and pft was good) and I'm going to the Boston show so I'm hoping the steak continues. I hope we get a great guest to work with pft in Boston (Mantzoukas, Moynihan, or Schwartz are my dream guests). I definitely think it's worth the twenty five bucks but I'm a die hard fan and like pretty much every episode.

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

:shoboobs:
Sounds great! I really liked the previous tour where they had some pretty fun new characters (Sheriff of Nottingham and the Curiosity Rover should come back) we've never seen before and it really felt like a different 'type' of CBB. Glad it seems to keep going, I'll try and pony up some cash for it soon..

I can't imagine Don Dimello infront of a family with kids though loving laffo

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.
Am I remembering wrong, or did Scott say something about getting download codes for the live episodes if you got tickets to one of the shows? I feel like that's a crazy thing for them to do, but I seem to remember him saying something of the sort.

e: Now that I look at the store page, looks like I'm mis-remembering. It was "get two Montréal episodes immediately upon buying the full tour download packages". Oops.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Today's episode was amazing, definitely one of my favourite of the year. I love Tim Meadows and Horatio's characters are always the best thing

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Beef: Over.

bowser
Apr 7, 2007

I love Horatio Sanz. He's bad at improv in the best way possible, and Scott always has fun trying to trip him up with the inconsistencies in his stories.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
I love how they tease him during the Bumbershoot discussion.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Horatio Sanz casually tossing out 'and..he goes to town on my skull' may be the most hilariously vulgar way to describe blowing a dude I've ever heard.

Yannick_B
Oct 11, 2007
I would love nothing more than a discussion between Chico Davis and any of Jon Wurster's characters.

SlowlyChoking
Nov 23, 2004

Open fierce skies on me, on a bird and we experience the new death indeed.
I just got back from the Milwaukee show and it was fantastic. The Birthday Boys did a decent job and were enjoyable, but god drat did Mr. Saucerman just own that stage when he got up there. His original version of the birthday song was a thing of beauty and I hope it will be included on the downloadable episode. PFT and Horatio were really on their game tonight as well and all together it was just a fantastic CBB show. If anyone is one the fence about going, just go. If you enjoy CBB at all it's such a great experience seeing it live with a shitload of other fans.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Yeah that episode was an instant classic.

When they started talking about OJ Simpson... I don't remember what was said, but I was laughing a lot.

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

Beef: Not happening anymore.

I had subconsciously assumed Tim was a regular guest on the show since he's on I4H being killer and he didn't dissapoint!

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

GobiasIndustries posted:

Horatio Sanz casually tossing out 'and..he goes to town on my skull' may be the most hilariously vulgar way to describe blowing a dude I've ever heard.

That entire segment had me in hysterics. Horatio really is the best bad improv guy.

"I see this guy from the club and it's, like, 'Dude, it's a crazy fuckin' night, I'm drunk as poo poo,' and so I offer to blow him."

Reformed Pissboy
Nov 6, 2003

Yannick_B posted:

I would love nothing more than a discussion between Chico Davis and any of Jon Wurster's characters.

This is absolutely a match made in heaven.

GraPar
Jun 2, 2011
Can't believe Scott forgot that Charles Barkley hosted SNL when Nirvana played it, after his dead grandmother found it so important that he remember that episode.

Strongly agree that Chico was very Wurstery in the best way possible.

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010
Hot tub foot?

Thoogsby
Nov 18, 2006

Very strong. Everyone likes me.
Going to the Boston show Sunday night and James Adomian just followed me on twitter, my CBB fanboy-ism is peaking in one week.

isnt that right
Dec 8, 2009

Hot tub foot.

emgeejay
Dec 8, 2007

Thoogsby posted:

my CBB fanboy-ism is peaking in one week.

It's been

Thoogsby
Nov 18, 2006

Max22 posted:

It's been

Well done.

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

Potato Count: 2 small potatoes
I love all the wacky catchphrases from the podcast! So much fun!

Vykk.Draygo
Jan 17, 2004

I say salesmen and women of the world unite!

There's a human named apl.de.ap?

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

jyrka posted:

My wife!

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

jyrka posted:

Classic Tim Heidecker, nice :D

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

Potato Count: 2 small potatoes
I have a wife!

Beeez
May 28, 2012

Thoogsby posted:

Going to the Boston show Sunday night and James Adomian just followed me on twitter, my CBB fanboy-ism is peaking in one week.

How'd you manage the latter?

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
The insane disjointed reality breaking timeline of Horatio's character really killed me.

Borrowed Ladder
May 4, 2007

monarch of the sleeping marches

GraPar posted:

Can't believe Scott forgot that Charles Barkley hosted SNL when Nirvana played it, after his dead grandmother found it so important that he remember that episode.

There's also the episode WITH Charles Barkley where they briefly talk about that SNL episode.

http://www.earwolf.com/episode/tall-napoleon/

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

Vykk.Draygo posted:

There's a human named apl.de.ap?

I have been diagnosed as hard to kill.

WoG
Jul 13, 2004

JethroMcB posted:

That entire segment had me in hysterics. Horatio really is the best bad improv guy.

"I see this guy from the club and it's, like, 'Dude, it's a crazy fuckin' night, I'm drunk as poo poo,' and so I offer to blow him."
...so he unloads in my fuckin' head. He tosses in my head like a fuckin' lunatic.

Thoogsby
Nov 18, 2006

Beeez posted:

How'd you manage the latter?

Bribery

Thoogsby
Nov 18, 2006

Haven't listened yet does anyone know what character PFT did in Chi last night? Hoping for Herzog on Sunday.

Tavarin
May 10, 2003

I am definitely a madman with a box

Thoogsby posted:

Haven't listened yet does anyone know what character PFT did in Chi last night? Hoping for Herzog on Sunday.

I'll put it in spoiler tags since I was at the show last night, so I dunno if anyone else has listened to the episode yet. It'll be interesting to hear how the show sounds since there was a lot of visual humor towards the end.

PFT was John C Reilly and it was magical.

Thoogsby
Nov 18, 2006

Tavarin posted:

I'll put it in spoiler tags since I was at the show last night, so I dunno if anyone else has listened to the episode yet. It'll be interesting to hear how the show sounds since there was a lot of visual humor towards the end.

I'm so jealous. He hasn't done him in so long I almost forgot it was a possibility.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Tavarin posted:

Oh man now I'm gonna have to buy these dumb things aren't I?

isnt that right
Dec 8, 2009

epitasis posted:

Oh man now I'm gonna have to buy these dumb things aren't I?

Buy them!

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009
My favourite thing about the live shows is how aware the audience members are of the rules of Would You Rather and their reaction when somebody makes a Classic Would You Rather Blunder.

Trujillo
Jul 10, 2007
Maybe I'm just biased since I was there but everybody should buy the Detroit show when it comes up. It was at the Royal Oak Music Theater so you know Lord ALW had to show up and surprise guest Kurt Braunholer along with Horartio Sanz! I wish that they did these as video podcasts instead though. So much amazing poo poo you miss out on without it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Punch Card
Sep 13, 2005

by Ralp

Trujillo posted:

Maybe I'm just biased since I was there but everybody should buy the Detroit show when it comes up. It was at the Royal Oak Music Theater so you know Lord ALW had to show up and surprise guest Kurt Braunholer along with Horartio Sanz! I wish that they did these as video podcasts instead though. So much amazing poo poo you miss out on without it.

I was there too and it was pretty awesome. Even being directly in front of the mandatory "guy who laughs way too forcefully and obnoxiously at everything even slightly funny" didn't keep me from loving the whole show. PFT's face when he desperately tries to compose himself after Scott says something horrible makes me wish everything was on video.