Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Captain Capitalism
Jul 28, 2009

They just updated their Alpha Notes thread, looks like they have all hands working on fixing the two major issues that are stopping them:

1) Instead of a Keep name, it's displaying email addresses
2) EULA isn't properly displayed.

They'll have an update in 60-90 minutes, so hang tight! Here is what I think the offices are looking like now:

On one last note, they have the current spoiler ready and going live in 15 minutes or so. Any card that isn't coded yet isn't on it, so it's a WIP.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

aunt jenkins
Jan 12, 2001

Spoiler's up: http://hextcg.com/hex-trading-card-game-spoiler/

Sacrificial Toast
Nov 5, 2009

Don't gently caress with that buffalo.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
It's interesting to look at the current spoiler and compare to what we saw earlier.

Ash Harpy is completely different, Extinction costs less, Shrine of Prosperity hasn't been implemented and apparently Pack Raptor and a couple of other cards are not PvE only!

Seeing Llanowar Elves templated in Hexese is really funny.

Karnegal
Dec 24, 2005

Is it... safe?

Some Numbers posted:

It's interesting to look at the current spoiler and compare to what we saw earlier.

Ash Harpy is completely different, Extinction costs less, Shrine of Prosperity hasn't been implemented and apparently Pack Raptor and a couple of other cards are not PvE only!

Seeing Llanowar Elves templated in Hexese is really funny.

Elves is going to be a big help to my Eye of Creation deck.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Anyone know what "revert" means?

SilverMike
Sep 17, 2007

TBD

Put back to its original state, isn't it? There are a bunch of effects that will change values permanently barring something new happening.

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

^^^ Pretty sure it just reverses a transformation and doesn't affect permanent attack/defense/cost/text changes.

Some Numbers posted:

Anyone know what "revert" means?

It means to change a troop that's transformed back to its original form. For example, if you reverted the troop which was previously the target of Polymorph: Dingler, it would return to whatever it used to be.

Karnegal
Dec 24, 2005

Is it... safe?
I forget how to read the resources is X/0 +X for this turn and +0 to total?

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Karnegal posted:

I forget how to read the resources is X/0 +X for this turn and +0 to total?

Correct.

guppiehaus
Sep 13, 2010
I kind of had a feeling that Alpha wouldn't be opened to Slacker Backers this week. I mean it's an alpha, they stated numerous times they were still hashing out a lot of playability issues. I was stoked when someone said they'd let us in by the end of the week, but as much as I want to play this drat game I think it can wait a couple weeks. In fact I kind of appreciate the fact that they're taking the time to make sure things are at least semi-working rather than throwing us a piece of poo poo (relatively speaking) and going IT'S AN ALPHA :owned:.

It kind of brings up another question though. I know this is a long way off and I'm not expecting a real answer, but have they released any time frame for when they WANT to release this game? Every company is a bit different with how long they spend in alpha, beta, and when they choose to release (Creative Assembly vs. Valve for example), but given that Cryptozoic is a smaller sized team, they work really hard, and the game's been in development for close to two years I wonder how long it will be until actual release.

Karnegal
Dec 24, 2005

Is it... safe?

guppiehaus posted:

I kind of had a feeling that Alpha wouldn't be opened to Slacker Backers this week. I mean it's an alpha, they stated numerous times they were still hashing out a lot of playability issues. I was stoked when someone said they'd let us in by the end of the week, but as much as I want to play this drat game I think it can wait a couple weeks. In fact I kind of appreciate the fact that they're taking the time to make sure things are at least semi-working rather than throwing us a piece of poo poo (relatively speaking) and going IT'S AN ALPHA :owned:.

It kind of brings up another question though. I know this is a long way off and I'm not expecting a real answer, but have they released any time frame for when they WANT to release this game? Every company is a bit different with how long they spend in alpha, beta, and when they choose to release (Creative Assembly vs. Valve for example), but given that Cryptozoic is a smaller sized team, they work really hard, and the game's been in development for close to two years I wonder how long it will be until actual release.

I'd guess late spring or summer

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

Zurai posted:

^^^ Pretty sure it just reverses a transformation and doesn't affect permanent attack/defense/cost/text changes.

It means to change a troop that's transformed back to its original form. For example, if you reverted the troop which was previously the target of Polymorph: Dingler, it would return to whatever it used to be.

A quick dig on the forums shows that Revert means "remove all modifications to a card (positive or negative)" and has nothing to do with small number of cards that transform.

SilverMike
Sep 17, 2007

TBD

Zurai posted:

I was going off of this:

Zombie Plague:
At the start of your turn, add a plague counter to this constant. Then, reveal and random troop from each opposing champion's deck for each plague counter on this constant. Those troops get permanent -1Attack/-1Defense. If a troop's Defense is reduced to 0 this way, revert it, transform it into a Zombie, and put it into play under your control.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

SilverMike posted:

I was going off of this:

Zombie Plague:
At the start of your turn, add a plague counter to this constant. Then, reveal and random troop from each opposing champion's deck for each plague counter on this constant. Those troops get permanent -1Attack/-1Defense. If a troop's Defense is reduced to 0 this way, revert it, transform it into a Zombie, and put it into play under your control.

That actually makes a ton of sense. If Zombie Plague kills something, that thing is resurrected as a zombie and its stats return to normal.

pumpinglemma
Apr 28, 2009

DD: Fondly regard abomination.

A few things that jump out at me:

- Extinction is now cost 4 rather than cost 5. This is a major buff to control decks.

- Wild has a lot of constant destruction, including a cost 3 card (Wind of Change) that destroys all constants.

- Ruby has a lot of artifact destruction, including a cost 4 card (Total Meltdown) that destroys all opposing artifacts. Dwarf decks are going to need to run countermagic.

- There's a cost 1 artifact (Cosmic Totem) that will let you shuffle your graveyard back into your deck. Mill decks are going to need to run countermagic.

- There's a cost 5 blood card (Demented Demolisher) which voids all non-resource cards in your deck, and on top of that is a 3/3 body. That's absurdly good.

- There's a cost 1 diamond card (Heroic Inspiration) which is a quick action giving +8/+8 to a blocking troop for the turn. So basically "destroy one attacking troop", then.

- There's a cost 4 diamond card (Frost Wizard) which is a 4/3 troop that gets temporary invincibility when it attacks. In an inspire deck, with the steadfast champion, that has some serious potential.

- There's a cost 5 diamond card (Protectorate Sorceror) which is a socketable minor with swiftstrike. With the right gem it can get +1/+0 repeatedly for 1 mana. This would also be pretty sweet in a steadfast inspire deck.

- There's a cost 4 sapphire card (Devoted Emissary) which is basically a Buccaneer, except 4/4 instead of 2/2 and without the cost increase. And a cost 5 Sapphire card (Yesterday) which returns everyone's troops to their hands. Sapphire control is going to be a thing.

- There's a cost 4 sapphire card (Eldritch Dream) which is a 3/3 unblockable major socketable troop. Slap a "when this troop deals damage to a champion, that champion loses a resource point" gem on it and you've locked down the game. (Or just use it in an inspire deck with Cerulean Mirror Knight...)

e: This looks like it's going to be a really fun set to play with once the bugs are ironed out.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound
Having a Grand King account right now is oddly stressful. Every time I check and I *haven't* gotten the email for the alpha yet, I fret that somehow my account hasn't registered properly and I'm out $500!

pumpinglemma
Apr 28, 2009

Looks like no alpha today, but probably alpha tomorrow:

Shaqattaq posted:

10/8 - 5:45 PM

We're currently downloading the client and our testers are going to give it a spin, see if the issues are resolved. If so, the QA team is going to test the client to try and see if anything else broke. If not, our engineers will keep hammering on it. Not literally, with hammers, but with keyboards and code and text and stuff.

Sorry to disappoint, but it doesn't look like we'll be sending invites today. We'll have an update on 10/9 around 11 AM to inform everyone on where we're at. Thanks for your patience and support!

Karnegal
Dec 24, 2005

Is it... safe?
^^^^ Awww poo poo :(. I won't be home until like 1am tomorrow

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

Having a Grand King account right now is oddly stressful. Every time I check and I *haven't* gotten the email for the alpha yet, I fret that somehow my account hasn't registered properly and I'm out $500!

Haha, join the club - not that I think I'll be out cash, but that I've somehow been left off and the Alpha has started already.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

pumpinglemma posted:

A few things that jump out at me:

- Wild has a lot of constant destruction, including a cost 3 card (Wind of Change) that destroys all constants.
This card existed in Magic and didn't matter that much.

quote:

- There's a cost 1 artifact (Cosmic Totem) that will let you shuffle your graveyard back into your deck. Mill decks are going to need to run countermagic.
It's actually target player's yard into target player's deck. I want to see what crazy poo poo that card will do.

quote:

- There's a cost 1 diamond card (Heroic Inspiration) which is a quick action giving +8/+8 to a blocking troop for the turn. So basically "destroy one attacking troop", then.
This is almost a direct copy from Magic. Good in limited. Meh in constructed.

quote:

- There's a cost 4 diamond card (Frost Wizard) which is a 4/3 troop that gets temporary invincibility when it attacks. In an inspire deck, with the steadfast champion, that has some serious potential.
Not temporary. For the rest of the GAME.

Blinkman987
Jul 10, 2008

Gender roles guilt me into being fat.

Captain Capitalism posted:

They just updated their Alpha Notes thread, looks like they have all hands working on fixing the two major issues that are stopping them:

1) Instead of a Keep name, it's displaying email addresses
2) EULA isn't properly displayed.

They'll have an update in 60-90 minutes, so hang tight! Here is what I think the offices are looking like now:

On one last note, they have the current spoiler ready and going live in 15 minutes or so. Any card that isn't coded yet isn't on it, so it's a WIP.

The proper image would be a room of exhausted engineers who we called cabs for because we decided they should't drive home. I remember when I was lead for a web project once, staying up about 16 hours to try to reach a deadline, and doing about $1,500 of work to the side of my car courtesy of my garage. =(

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Some Numbers posted:

No, it's very definitely temporary. It prevents the next time it would take damage, and only the next time. That time might not be for 5 turns, but it only blocks one instance of damage.

pumpinglemma
Apr 28, 2009

Some Numbers posted:

The exact text of the card is "When this troop attacks, choose target troop you control. The next time that troop would be dealt damage this game, prevent it." So it's temporary in that it's only good for one shot. (I actually didn't realise that it could also target another troop - that's even better...)

quote:

This card existed in Magic and didn't matter that much.

I think it may matter a little more here, since there's so little countermagic and so few ways of removing constants in the set. (Basically the options come down to this, another newly revealed wild card, Countermagic, or Chaos Key.)

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Zurai posted:

No, it's very definitely temporary. It prevents the next time it would take damage, and only the next time. That time might not be for 5 turns, but it only blocks one instance of damage.

Oh, you're right. Still, the fact that the effect persists is pretty different.

pumpinglemma posted:

I think it may matter a little more here, since there's so little countermagic and so few ways of removing constants in the set. (Basically the options come down to this, another newly revealed wild card, Countermagic, or Chaos Key.)

The "destroy target artifact or constant" will see more play.

Karnegal
Dec 24, 2005

Is it... safe?
Is Spellshield Hexproof or Shroud?

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

Karnegal posted:

Is Spellshield Hexproof or Shroud?

Hexproof. :(

Karnegal
Dec 24, 2005

Is it... safe?

Mikujin posted:

Hexproof. :(

Wow, so they made an invisible stalker for 1 less. Seems loose.

EDIT: Also, while looking at the spoiler, I'm a big fan of the art style on Mutate and Shroomtank. Are the cards going to get art credits?

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

Karnegal posted:

EDIT: Also, while looking at the spoiler, I'm a big fan of the art style on Mutate and Shroomtank. Are the cards going to get art credits?
Well, except it's not unblockable as well.

Karnegal
Dec 24, 2005

Is it... safe?

Mikujin posted:

Well, except it's not unblockable as well.

Derp, good call. I've made that mistake a couple times assuming things were Magic analogs.

Neraren
Sep 15, 2006
Random Nerd #753897

Karnegal posted:

I'n sure they will be on the back or doubleback.

Sacrificial Toast
Nov 5, 2009

Artist name is on the double back. It was confirmed... somewhere. I'm positive.

Wild's looking extremely strong after the spoiler with ramp, big creatures, scaling creatures, and recycling buffs.
Ruby's artifact hoser is a big hit to all dwarf decks.
Diamond and Blood both seem solid.
Sapphire seems like it might have taken a bigger hit in the alpha card list due to having more complicated effects in general that don't work right yet.

Karnegal
Dec 24, 2005

Is it... safe?
Eye of Creation looks like one of the bugged cards. So I'm going to have to come up with something else to dick around with when Alpha starts. Maybe B/U control...

DMW45
Oct 29, 2011

Come into my parlor~
Said the spider to the fly~
If I'm not mistaken, the two cooler cards for milling aren't gonna be in yet it looks like, the booby trap and the insta-win ones, I mean.

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

BenRGamer posted:

If I'm not mistaken, the two cooler cards for milling aren't gonna be in yet it looks like, the booby trap and the insta-win ones, I mean.

The thing that puts Booby Traps into your opponent's deck was in the spoiler somewhere.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Did I miss it, or are there no counterspells in the first wave of alpha cards?

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

cheetah7071 posted:

Did I miss it, or are there no counterspells in the first wave of alpha cards?

Looks like they haven't managed to implement it yet. We know there's a counterspell in Set 1.

nyxnyxnyx
Jun 24, 2013
Some cards aren't in the spoiler PDF. There's a 1UU Counterspell spoiled previously. http://hextcg.gamepedia.com/File:Countermagic.png

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

pumpinglemma posted:

- There's a cost 4 sapphire card (Devoted Emissary) which is basically a Buccaneer, except 4/4 instead of 2/2 and without the cost increase. And a cost 5 Sapphire card (Yesterday) which returns everyone's troops to their hands. Sapphire control is going to be a thing.

Just checked again. Devoted Emissary only returns troops you control.

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

nyxnyxnyx posted:

Some cards aren't in the spoiler PDF. There's a 1UU Counterspell spoiled previously. http://hextcg.gamepedia.com/File:Countermagic.png

There's also a troop with a once-per-game counter which has been spoiled previously but isn't in the doc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grim
Sep 11, 2003

Grimey Drawer
I doubt it will come with the start of the Alpha but do does anyone think we will get the Authenticator before the games goes into Beta? You can never be too paranoid afterall...

Also I only just noticed that Thunderbird is a common - Nice!

Edit: and none of the transforming cards are in the spoiler document :cry:

Grim fucked around with this message at 10:55 on Oct 9, 2013

• Locked thread