Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Diabolik900
Mar 28, 2007

The Dave posted:

I'm also not thrilled with the styling of that but again, not sure I care to fuss over it on this soon to be old build.

That's my thought exactly. It's good enough for now considering the whole app is being redesigned anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

m0isty
Sep 7, 2007
Never knowingly underfed....
I've just discovered the secret gesture for opening the side panel that seems to be broken in iOS 7!
You have to start swiping with one finger, then continue with two. You only need one finger to slide it back in though.

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

IF I EVER MISS VOTING IN AN ELECTION (EVEN AMERICAN IDOL) ,OR HAVE UNPAID PARKING TICKETS, PLEASE TAKE AWAY MY FRANCHISE
I need a button to edit a post just to add "e;f,b." at the end...

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Mahoning posted:

I've noticed since I've gotten my 5S that the create new post button is a lot harder to press. Its like the image and the actual spot that triggers the touch and action are off somehow. Its almost like I have to press below where the actual icon is.

This is happening on my 4S with iOS 7

SaturdayKnight
Mar 31, 2011

Just a heads up, but that whole "tapping a button in the top right corner not responding" thing may not be solely and issue with Awful, I've seen several other apps have issues registering touches in the top right. Twitter is a big offender of this exact same bug, as well as others. Though I don't know if its an actual iOS issue, or something to do with button placement in the app themselves, but its absolutely not just Awful that does it.

JHVH-1
Jun 28, 2002
I have the same issue on the vine app in the top left. I have to hit it a million times to go back from someone's profile.

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

That elephant ate my entire platoon.
Interesting, and good to know!

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Yeah, it's just Apple being lovely.

slingshot effect
Sep 28, 2009

the wonderful wizard of welp
I don't know if this is worth mentioning or not but I've noticed that all images hosted on minus.com don't show up inline, but they'll load when I tap on them and open them in a new window.

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

slingshot effect posted:

I don't know if this is worth mentioning or not but I've noticed that all images hosted on minus.com don't show up inline, but they'll load when I tap on them and open them in a new window.

I have this problem too.

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat
App's crashing when trying to upload an image from the camera roll now(iPhone 5, ios7).

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

The minus bug has been worked out by pokeyman in the latest beta version, idk what the eta is on that build.

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

duckfarts posted:

App's crashing when trying to upload an image from the camera roll now(iPhone 5, ios7).

I'll check it out!

The Dave posted:

The minus bug has been worked out by pokeyman in the latest beta version, idk what the eta is on that build.

This week.

echobucket
Aug 19, 2004
I'm trying to build the latest from github and it won't build in anything but the Debug configuration. The Beta Configuration and the App Store Configuration both die with this:

Xcode posted:

ld: warning: ignoring file /Users/echo/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/Awful-hjdejoigbbhfyrfcjcfrgpllfpxs/Build/Products/App Store-iphonesimulator/libPods.a, file was built for archive which is not the architecture being linked (x86_64): /Users/echo/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/Awful-hjdejoigbbhfyrfcjcfrgpllfpxs/Build/Products/App Store-iphonesimulator/libPods.a

And then a bunch of undefined symbol errors.

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

echobucket posted:

I'm trying to build the latest from github and it won't build in anything but the Debug configuration. The Beta Configuration and the App Store Configuration both die with this:

And then a bunch of undefined symbol errors.

I was getting that a bit but I never investigated further. I just did a Clean in Xcode, then rm -rf'd the DerivedData directory. I'll pay more attention next time it happens and find a fix, unless you beat me to it.

echobucket
Aug 19, 2004

pokeyman posted:

I was getting that a bit but I never investigated further. I just did a Clean in Xcode, then rm -rf'd the DerivedData directory. I'll pay more attention next time it happens and find a fix, unless you beat me to it.

I think I found it. You have to go into the Awful project build settings and turn on "Build Active Architecture Only" (Thanks Stack Overflow). That was set to yes for the Debug profile, but not for the other ones

edit: While this fixed it running in the simulator, it still won't compile when my 5s is the target.

echobucket fucked around with this message at 19:31 on Oct 7, 2013

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

:jpmf:

slingshot effect posted:

Considering minus is mostly used for gifs too big for imgur, I consider this a useful feature.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.
Hello new update!

- Posted from Awful App.

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer

Coq au Nandos posted:

Hello new update!

- Posted from Awful App.

Don't even joke about that poo poo!

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

... But there is a new update on the App Store.

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

Heh, I thought that rap sheet icon was new.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

It's an awesome icon I had no part in making.

kloa
Feb 14, 2007

Grabbed the update but now when I browse a thread in E/N and hit the back button to jump to the thread lists, it brings me to the top of the forum instead of where I left off scrolled down.

5s iOS 7.0.2

E: same for GBS but bookmarks returns me just fine :iiam:

kloa fucked around with this message at 13:34 on Oct 9, 2013

AstroZamboni
Mar 8, 2007

Smoothing the Ice on Europa since 1997!
Loving the rap sheet and tag filtering. Every time I think this app can't get any better it somehow does.

Thanks for all the hard work you put into this.

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

IF I EVER MISS VOTING IN AN ELECTION (EVEN AMERICAN IDOL) ,OR HAVE UNPAID PARKING TICKETS, PLEASE TAKE AWAY MY FRANCHISE

kloa posted:

Grabbed the update but now when I browse a thread in E/N and hit the back button to jump to the thread lists, it brings me to the top of the forum instead of where I left off scrolled down.

5s iOS 7.0.2

Same with TFF, but 4s on 6.1.3.

echobucket
Aug 19, 2004
Just to clarify though, this update isn't the iOS 7 redesign, right?

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Come on, what do you think?

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

The Dave posted:

Come on, what do you think?

Yes?

Is there an eta on the new and shiny version?

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

I don't believe there is an ETA at all on the iOS7 redesign. You can follow all of the design/development progress in this thread: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3564303

Aatrek
Jul 19, 2004

by Fistgrrl
Great update. Thanks for the 'open with...' option. Only one issue - when you go into a thread, the sidebar thread listing jumps up to the top of the list, no matter how far down the selected thread sits on the list.

Aatrek fucked around with this message at 16:37 on Oct 9, 2013

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

The Dave posted:

I don't believe there is an ETA at all on the iOS7 redesign. You can follow all of the design/development progress in this thread: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3564303

I guess this isn't even recompiled against iOS 7, since it's not showing the new keyboard.

Diabolik900
Mar 28, 2007

smackfu posted:

I guess this isn't even recompiled against iOS 7, since it's not showing the new keyboard.

Yep. Recompiling this version against iOS7 gives you something that looks sort of like this:

Oct 15, 2012

Vault Dweller

Diabolik900 posted:

Yep. Recompiling this version against iOS7 gives you something that looks sort of like this:

Yes please

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

Diabolik900 posted:

Seeing the little "scroll to end" bar hiding under the status bar reminds me of my favourite part of blurry navigation bars. In Safari on iOS 7, when you have sites (like Apple's documentation) that do their own thing with the scrolling and stick a fixed bar up top, you can see the page go by under the bar, completely shattering the illusion.

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

kloa posted:

5s iOS 7.0.2

Aatrek posted:

Great update. Thanks for the 'open with...' option. Only one issue - when you go into a thread, the sidebar thread listing jumps up to the top of the list, no matter how far down the selected thread sits on the list.

Fixed!

AstroZamboni posted:

Loving the rap sheet and tag filtering. Every time I think this app can't get any better it somehow does.

Thanks for all the hard work you put into this.

Those new features were entirely done by Froist. Send your applause that away.

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

Is there an eta on the new and shiny version?

Nope.

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

Did you disable autocorrect in YOSPOS?

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

Just a quick plug for the other Forums readin' apps out there. There's a brand new one for Windows 8, and of course there's the Android and Windows Phone ones. Go check them out if you have relevant hardware!

death .cab for qt posted:

Did you disable autocorrect in YOSPOS?

I didn't.

BriceFxP
May 16, 2013

Drunk as a Dog
Thanks for the update, all is working great for me as usual. And the rap sheet icon is a long sought dream cone true.

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

pokeyman posted:

Just a quick plug for the other Forums readin' apps out there. There's a brand new one for Windows 8, and of course there's the Android and Windows Phone ones. Go check them out if you have relevant hardware!

I didn't.

Sucker, I was gonna shower you in praise for doing it. Guess I just have to be a huge sycophant for a mysterious third party then :q:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

:jpmf:
I'm randomly getting a bug where I can't scroll a thread at all. Everything else works, just not scrolling down past the first few posts on the page. The latest update didn't fix it either :|

• Locked thread