Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Endless Mike posted:

Seriously. 88 MPH is just the speed at which a time machine built out of a Delorean DMC-12 generates enough power to enable time travel. The momentary energy transfer of a chair traveling at 88 MPH into a person carrying a flux capacitor wouldn't be nearly enough.

Don't question RD Evans' knowledge in the main area of his legal expertise.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=djqqgSEoW9U

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

MassRafTer posted:

The Les and Dave show is really fun. I think Bryan utters one sentence after introducing the show. Only one bit of bitching about current wrestling!
I loved the custom machined blading knucks.

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer

LordPants posted:

Amazing, Todd has wrong opinions about the fake application of the law used in a wrestling angle.

Yeah, I typically steer clear of his shows, and this isn't really something that sounds right. I Am Not A Time Travel Lawyer, but one would think that you'd still be able to expect to not be struck by objects traveling at 88 miles per hour.

Solomonic
Jan 3, 2008

INCIPIT SANTA
For some reason my brain got RD Evans confused with RD Reynolds and I was really excited at the prospect of the Wrestlecrap guy getting brained with a chair, but then reality intervened. :smith:

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Solomonic posted:

For some reason my brain got RD Evans confused with RD Reynolds and I was really excited at the prospect of the Wrestlecrap guy getting brained with a chair, but then reality intervened. :smith:

He was sent back in time to when Wrestlecrap was funny.

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Boy, I think it's about time I tell you the difference between a man and a woman. A woman isn't a woman unless she's pretty. And a man isn't a man unless he's ugly.
No show tonight?

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
Some asked The National Treasure if he thought that the devaluing of the NWA belt was because kids just didn't respect their wrestling history. :laffo:

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

Jubs posted:

No show tonight?

I need to do editing. I was not in the right state of mind when we recorded show and I almost want to rerecord it just because there are so many things I wanted to bring up but because of the state I was in I just had nothing.

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Boy, I think it's about time I tell you the difference between a man and a woman. A woman isn't a woman unless she's pretty. And a man isn't a man unless he's ugly.

HulkaMatt posted:

I need to do editing. I was not in the right state of mind when we recorded show and I almost want to rerecord it just because there are so many things I wanted to bring up but because of the state I was in I just had nothing.

The book did that much damage to you?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Jubs posted:

The book did that much damage to you?

This is the sad effect of an R-Truth match. Save us, WWE, only you have the power :smith:

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Rodney the Piper posted:

Some asked The National Treasure if he thought that the devaluing of the NWA belt was because kids just didn't respect their wrestling history. :laffo:

so how did he answer Adam Pearce's question

TheCool69
Sep 23, 2011
I started listening to attitude era and on the opening minutes of the first episode one of the hosts thanks "OES"or somethinh that does recaps of Hogan era podcasts. What podcast is that , is it available and is it interesting?

I tries to google it but search-fu failed me :(

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

He thanks OSW Review who basically do the same thing AEPodcast do, but with the Golden Era.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

The 10 Count - Who will win the fight?

Notes: This podcast is way too long, and that's after a major amount of editing. Apologies for the wait!

Pictures referenced on the show:

The Chyna with Shane McMahon picture
The other SHANE picture.
The third SHANE picture.
CONOR AND HIS WACKY COSTUME

The Topics:

(01) "The big story of RAW is..." (SHOCKING! WE FORGOT ABOUT EVA MARIE!!!)
(02) MsChif: Your souls tormentor --- or fake preppy poser???
(03) From kidcoelacanth: Shane McMahon has decided to make his return to WWE. What do you do with him as an onscreen character?
(04) From Karmine: What are some of the most disgusting promotional tactics of all time, and what do you think should win the award in 2013?
(05) From NienNunb: Would a fully committed to brand split work in present-day WWE, and if so, who would you have as the big stars of each show?
(06) From Draga: Who are your favorite jobbers?
(07) From oatgan: Is there anyone in NXT right now that you think has potential for a real main event push?
(08) From Bard Maddox: Who are the most underrated wrestling actors? Guys who wouldn't make it as actual actors, but are very good for professional wrestling.
(09) NJPW Title situation - what is the best case scenario?
(10) From oatgan: Both of the New Japan tag team divisions have gotten pretty stale. What would you do to liven things up?

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
You should click on the photos after I describe them and when it becomes apparent that the others have taken a look at them. You get the whole experience that way.

Meat Recital
Mar 26, 2009

by zen death robot
I'm intrigused as to why you decided to talk about McChif all of a sudden. Please tell me nothing bad happened to her :ohdear:

your friend sk
Dec 10, 2005

(ヤイケス!)

I hadn't heard about #3 until I read that, I'm really excited now :)

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Csstpunch Podsporters: With Goldust's return being so successful, are there any other stars from WWE's past that you think would be a good fit for the current WWE product?

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Rarity posted:

Csstpunch Podsporters: With Goldust's return being so successful, are there any other stars from WWE's past that you think would be a good fit for the current WWE product?

Jeff Jarrett.

Not even kidding. Goofy, mid card, always looses Jeff Jarrett would be amazing to see in the WWE.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

sk posted:

I hadn't heard about #3 until I read that, I'm really excited now :)

You'll be disappointed.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Podcasters, Is August 2013 the best wrestling month ever?

In one month, we got ITanahashi-Ishii, Ishii-Shibata, Nakamura-Ibushi, Tanahashi-Okada, Tanahashi-Naito, Bryan-Orton, Punk-Lesnar, O'Reilly-Perkins & Dojo Bros-Inner City Machine Guns, Young Bucks, plus all the HM level stuff that was awesome and really hot WWE programming.

e: Also, I'm disappointed by the lack of MsChif discussion :(

Truther Vandross fucked around with this message at 13:38 on Oct 9, 2013

Frilled Lizard
May 22, 2004

WOOF WOOF WOOF
YOU KNOW IT
OK, I'm kind of a dummy, but I just realized that the Steve Austin podcast is now 2 totally separate podcasts. I had heard his announcement about doing interviews on Tuesdays and Unleashed on Thursdays, but didn't realize they would be separated and I've only been getting Unleashed since last week. So yeah, go subscribe to the interview side if you haven't already.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4HbxPSZdHVc

The guys from Attitude Era Podcast, this Saturday, are streaming themselves doing a 24-hour wrestling game marathon for charity.

I'm not sure of the American times, but it starts at 10am GMT on Saturday morning, until Sunday 10am.

So you should all donate and watch and be happy.

Gyro Zeppeli fucked around with this message at 15:08 on Oct 9, 2013

savinhill
Mar 28, 2010

Gonzo McFee posted:

Jeff Jarrett.

Not even kidding. Goofy, mid card, always looses Jeff Jarrett would be amazing to see in the WWE.

I agree, he'd be awesome for their midcard but it sucks that he's one of the few people that Vince would never bring back.

BlueArmyMan
Mar 30, 2007
Hooloovoo
Punchsport Boxer Cast: Who would you rather give a live mic to, Roddy Piper or Bob Backlund?

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

Frilled Lizard posted:

OK, I'm kind of a dummy, but I just realized that the Steve Austin podcast is now 2 totally separate podcasts.

Ha, thanks for that. I never noticed the shift either, but I haven't listened to his show in a while

I haven't listened to the show cause interviews weren't showing up! I Just thought he was in a phase of not doing them haha.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
This week's back issue features the obituary of Herb Abrams. Not wanting to wait for the funeral, Dave gives him a proper burial.

quote:

Eccentric sometimes-wrestling promoter Herb Abrams passed away on the morning of 7/23 from cardiac failure in what was reported by the New York Post as an apparent drug overdose.

Abrams, who was 41, stopped breathing after being handcuffed by police in his office at 7 Penn Plaza in Manhattan after he was going on a spree bashing up furniture on several floors of the building with a baseball bat and pulling on fire alarms at about 6 a.m. He was taken to St. Vincent's Hospital and was declared dead at about 7:30 a.m.

Police were called about an emotionally disturbed person and arrived at 6:10 a.m. and found Abrams naked, covered with baby oil with two women in the office.

This is the nice part.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you
Reading an old Observer, and this bit was interesting considering the most recent WWE PPV. This is Dave talking about the International Incident IYH ppv.

quote:

As a show itself, it was almost that most dreaded thing a PPV show could be. Not even bad, because we've certainly seen a lot worse. But when it was over, it was like it might as well had never taken place. It was a show that going in looked to be one a casual fan could miss and figure that they weren't going to miss anything special. It's the shows like that where promotions are under pressure to show the fan they were wrong to skip them, so when a decision like that comes along in the future, the consumer would lean toward purchasing. Unfortunately, the consumer who skipped this card would later find out that he didn't miss anything of significance. When a wrestling PPV, which accounts for approximately 50% of the revenue of WCW (a lower percentage in WWF, maybe around 20% which is still a substantial chunk) becomes "missable," it becomes like too many other events on PPV quietly fade away.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

MassRafTer posted:

This week's back issue features the obituary of Herb Abrams. Not wanting to wait for the funeral, Dave gives him a proper burial.

This is the nice part.

Ahahahaha, that is always the part I remember Herb Abrams for.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

MassRafTer posted:

This is the nice part.

I bet if you ask most wrestling fans who read the Observer who Herb Abrams was, they'd reply "That guy that died covered in baby oil, smashing furniture"

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

sportsgenius86 posted:

Podcasters, Is August 2013 the best wrestling month ever?

In one month, we got ITanahashi-Ishii, Ishii-Shibata, Nakamura-Ibushi, Tanahashi-Okada, Tanahashi-Naito, Bryan-Orton, Punk-Lesnar, O'Reilly-Perkins & Dojo Bros-Inner City Machine Guns, Young Bucks, plus all the HM level stuff that was awesome and really hot WWE programming.

e: Also, I'm disappointed by the lack of MsChif discussion :(

I assume you mean Bryan/Cena, because I seem to remember the great Orton/Bryan Street Fight being in July or June.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you
This is awesome too: Dave reviewing a house show from the Cow Palace.

quote:

Steve Austin pinned Savio Vega in 9:22 after a low blow. Austin got a babyface reaction. People reacted to him as if he were a star which was something of a surprise

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
Fact #1 The Moon is really cool

triplexpac posted:

Ha, thanks for that. I never noticed the shift either, but I haven't listened to his show in a while

I haven't listened to the show cause interviews weren't showing up! I Just thought he was in a phase of not doing them haha.

Same here. I was confused when people were talking about a new Jim Ross interview and not finding it! I know what I'll be listening to later in my shift today~

Manic_Misanthrope
Jul 1, 2010

Gonzo McFee posted:

Jeff Jarrett.

Have him manage Heath Slater to the IC title and you have the most punchable pair in the history of wrestling.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
We are getting into Jarrett's mid card career in WCW and I am ok with never seeing him mid card.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

VogeGandire posted:

I bet if you ask most wrestling fans who read the Observer who Herb Abrams was, they'd reply "That guy that died covered in baby oil, smashing furniture"

He died doing what he loved.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you
That Herb Abrams obit was amazing, wow.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
I always remember Herb as the guy who booked lovely wrestling and had the Davey Meltzer jobber. That way when I am reminded he died that way it's much funnier.

savinhill
Mar 28, 2010
He's also responsible for one of my favorite youtube wrestling videos: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ddJFLgY8UgY

MassRafTer posted:

I always remember Herb as the guy who booked lovely wrestling and had the Davey Meltzer jobber. That way when I am reminded he died that way it's much funnier.

Have Bruno and Dave ever talked about Davey Meltzer?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Dr. Lucha sperged the gently caress out with all those questions to cubsfan yesterday.

• Locked thread