Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Khuzba can't hold aggro, he's too short and adorable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

The new crafting dailies are so goddamn good. 1164 rep for achyati/empyreal/etc.

Rianeva
Mar 8, 2009

Zoness posted:

See you say that, but I can show you the true definition of terrible tank :getin:.

You called?

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

KaneTW posted:

The new crafting dailies are so goddamn good. 1164 rep for achyati/empyreal/etc.

Looks like my super lazy rep grinding has PAID OFF :smugdog:

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

Rianeva posted:

You called?

Look I will have you know I got a lot of people killed tanking Packmaster.

Also one time, I pulled without a weapon equipped!

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

Eltoasto posted:

Looks like my super lazy rep grinding has PAID OFF :smugdog:

Having every craft at max has paid off because I can get up to 7 Dendrome crafting dailies in a day! (3 today but still, that's like super awesome)

deimos
Nov 30, 2006

Forget it man this bat is whack, it's got poobrain!

KaneTW posted:

Having every craft at max has paid off because I can get up to 7 Dendrome crafting dailies in a day! (3 today but still, that's like super awesome)

Look at this pleb that didn't get glorified with the base SL reps by crafting.

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

Yeah, it's paid off before, levelling survivors with crafting is nice. But it can't compare to how easy it makes to grind Dendrome rep.

StumblyWumbly
Sep 12, 2007

Batmanticore!

Zoness posted:

I don't even see why you'd exploit it, it has one goddamn mechanic for the tank to handle and you can kill it like a minute after enrage.

I think it has 2 kinds of explosions and a spinning cone thing. And the egg pulses are bigger than they look!

Plus everyone needs to consistently, without fail, wear their gear.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

StumblyWumbly posted:

I think it has 2 kinds of explosions and a spinning cone thing. And the egg pulses are bigger than they look!

Plus everyone needs to consistently, without fail, wear their gear.

I don't want to talk about what crystals I've used in what specs.

Loadequip is a cruel mistress.

Kreczor
Oct 30, 2011

I'd still rather play with medieval knights online then go outside and "hang out".

KaneTW posted:

yes you see exploiting a fight is really fun

Have you even been in PB?

Plus, that fight is fun regardless if the tank stands in melee or not.

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

Kreczor posted:

Have you even been in PB?

Plus, that fight is fun regardless if the tank stands in melee or not.

Yes, I've gotten to 20% on Proteus. And I've seen my guild kill Eggtenders on shard first (by triggering the exploit accidentally though). There really isn't much to be gained by exploiting it but it's still really loving silly to go "Fixing the fight is going to make it less fun"

E: I've also done Brothers which are p easy.

KaneTW fucked around with this message at 18:54 on Oct 9, 2013

Kreczor
Oct 30, 2011

I'd still rather play with medieval knights online then go outside and "hang out".

KaneTW posted:

Yes, I've gotten to 20% on Proteus. And I've seen my guild kill Eggtenders on shard first (by triggering the exploit accidentally though). There really isn't much to be gained by exploiting it but it's still really loving silly to go "Fixing the fight is going to make it less fun"

E: I've also done Brothers which are p easy.

Well, there is a lot to be gained.

Sanity from not having to yell at people to get out of melee while he spins is one. Also, triggering the exploit accidentally doesn't exist. I...don't even know how that would happen unless your tank expected every single worm to start running after him. Do I want to even know if that's what he thought? :allears:

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

Kreczor posted:

Well, there is a lot to be gained.

Sanity from not having to yell at people to get out of melee while he spins is one. Also, triggering the exploit accidentally doesn't exist. I...don't even know how that would happen unless your tank expected every single worm to start running after him. Do I want to even know if that's what he thought? :allears:

Cleric tank moves out of melee for some reason and bam, you have your bug. The spinning is pretty much an integral part of the fight and removing it just removes a lot of fun from it. It's not even particularly hard, salvarola's spin is harder.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Geez, progression raiding Esthi is a big jerk.

vandiar
Jul 19, 2004

Eltoasto posted:

Geez, progression raiding Esthi is a big jerk.

Seems like most people suddenly think they're hot poo poo when they join some progression guild, it's pretty :shobon:

I will cheese kill Eggtenders every week regardless if we can kill it the normal way or not, I don't care. It saves time and since we only raid like 5 hours/week I'd like to do as much as possible in our *~special time together~*

Smith Comma John
Nov 21, 2007

Human being for president.
Oops, I didn't know that you guys were doing actual raiding on Thursday night.

I can't usually do anything on Fri/Sat, but since I'll be trying to get in a TDQ run tonight maybe we can just drop some crafting rifts right after, depending on how long things take? If not we could just shoot for Sunday night.

do u believe in marigolds
Sep 13, 2007

Smith Comma John posted:

I can't usually do anything on Fri/Sat, but since I'll be trying to get in a TDQ run tonight maybe we can just drop some crafting rifts right after, depending on how long things take? If not we could just shoot for Sunday night.

Thursday is usually GA/10 man raid night. Wednesday and Monday are the 20 man stuff.

Kreczor
Oct 30, 2011

Smith Comma John posted:

If you have 400 hit, I don't care what you're doing. We are going to carry you through FT/EE and gear you up as much as possible, no exceptions. Wednesday is farm night, and as such, we try to get 2-3 new people per week to join in if possible, barring Regulos which we may swap you out on if need be.

shut up gelly
Oct 27, 2011

Smith Comma John posted:

Is anyone interested in burning through some crafting rifts on Thursday night? I'm thinking of starting at the normal raid time (9 PM east coast) unless anyone has any objections; any time in the following few hours would also work for me.

I'm Grundlefly / Yoloswagbro in game.

ugh yeah if this wasn't during GA i'd totally be down, though our ga1 maintank has been flaky so i'll definitely be down if i'm free.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

vandiar posted:

Seems like most people suddenly think they're hot poo poo when they join some progression guild, it's pretty :shobon:

Yeah you kids didn't even wipe for 15 hours a week to Infinite Storm bugs! :corsair:

(Or something about anything before ID launch because I didn't raid/play before then)

Zoness fucked around with this message at 20:52 on Oct 9, 2013

Coin
Jan 9, 2006

I'm no shitposter; I always know how I'm posting is wrong. I'm just a guy that doesn't like reading the thread, effortposting, and respecting the mods. So if you think about it, I'm the best poster here.
In as Vladpolk/Labobilei.

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

vandiar posted:

I will cheese kill Eggtenders every week regardless if we can kill it the normal way or not, I don't care. It saves time and since we only raid like 5 hours/week I'd like to do as much as possible in our *~special time together~*

I'm not even thinking that, it's just a stupid opinion and Kreczor defended it. I mean, I'm going to go for the cheese kill every time because it leaves more time for actual fun content (Proteus, Volan) but saying the fight is more fun when you can cheese it is retarded.

I also had a bad day and am a bit cranky

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

KaneTW posted:

I'm not even thinking that, it's just a stupid opinion and Kreczor defended it. I mean, I'm going to go for the cheese kill every time because it leaves more time for actual fun content (Proteus, Volan) but saying the fight is more fun when you can cheese it is retarded.

I also had a bad day and am a bit cranky

PBB Trash is the most fun content of this tier :allears:

Seriously like what the hell Trion. At least there were only 2 packs of trash to Crucia back when that was super-lethal.

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

On Monday, we started PBB (eggtenders were dead) at 2am

we got to Proteus an hour later or so

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

KaneTW posted:

On Monday, we started PBB (eggtenders were dead) at 2am

we got to Proteus an hour later or so

Yeah it's like they wanted to kill guilds that don't want to raid for more than 3 hours a night or something.

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

It's just terrible game design on Trion's part. At least they learn, albeit slowly (hello dendrome crafting dailies half a year after dendrome was released)

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
I hope they learned to never do a 10-man for a tier before releasing the 20-mans again!

So many guilds bled to death during the time when all there was to do was farm GA and do hard modes over and over again.

do u believe in marigolds
Sep 13, 2007

KaneTW posted:

It's just terrible game design on Trion's part. At least they learn, albeit slowly (hello dendrome crafting dailies half a year after dendrome was released)

Are these in TB or do I actually need to go to Dendrome to find them?

deimos
Nov 30, 2006

Forget it man this bat is whack, it's got poobrain!

vandiar posted:

Listen, how dare you insinuate that Esthi was the terrible motherfucker that kept dying to Regulos and is now lording over his ~~ elite raider ~~ status over us?

Decairn
Dec 1, 2007

I've learned with Trion that they do not retroactively punish anyone / guild for things such as broken encounter mechanics. If they do its super infrequent. So if there's a way to cheese it I'll do it every week until Trion change the encounter and feel good about getting that loot for us. We suffer when it is the opposite and the encounter is too tough for anyone to complete it without banging their head of the wall for weeks and months (Akylios anyone?) and we get nothing for that other than people quitting.

Reps changes are good although I hate all of you that didn't grind it out the hard way.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

Decairn posted:

I've learned with Trion that they do not retroactively punish anyone / guild for things such as broken encounter mechanics. If they do its super infrequent. So if there's a way to cheese it I'll do it every week until Trion change the encounter and feel good about getting that loot for us. We suffer when it is the opposite and the encounter is too tough for anyone to complete it without banging their head of the wall for weeks and months (Akylios anyone?) and we get nothing for that other than people quitting.

Oh really, what about Druids on Regulos? :allears:

My (not really mine) Goloch Trick isn't cheating okay :colbert:.

vv Just watch the video :3:

Zoness fucked around with this message at 22:56 on Oct 9, 2013

Decairn
Dec 1, 2007

No idea about Regulos exploit that you may be referring to, I quit for few months after start of FT/EE and I've been around for all content before that since launch.

deathrat
May 25, 2010
Just rolled a character, name is Ruriik.

Johnson79
Sep 4, 2004
Probably not going to be able to make farm night tonight. Still at work and will be for at least the next 3 hours if not more. Sorry!

shut up gelly
Oct 27, 2011

Zoness posted:

Oh really, what about Druids on Regulos? :allears:

My (not really mine) Goloch Trick isn't cheating okay :colbert:.

vv Just watch the video :3:

without the goloch trick moat would never have been immortalized in a 36k warlord parse

one of these days i wont tank that fight and show our dps clerics what for :argh:

Daerc
Sep 23, 2007

Look! A door! This must mean something!
So I've discovered the reason you generally want to go with a big internet company, and it's because they're not likely to have routine maintenance take out an entire region for roughly 36 hours.

Oh wait, that's what century link just did to southern Nevada.

Best of luck with farm guys.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Goonsquadraiding.jpg

Kreczor
Oct 30, 2011

Eltoasto posted:

Goonsquadraiding.jpg

My title x "the Drunk" has never fit better than that picture.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

shut up gelly posted:

without the goloch trick moat would never have been immortalized in a 36k warlord parse

one of these days i wont tank that fight and show our dps clerics what for :argh:

I'm not seeing the correspondence - Moat never ran out anyway.

• Locked thread