Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

SynthOrange posted:

Butts died for your shins.

C'mon, keep with the body-parts theme here.

And... Also throwing in a horror reaction here. That is... He needs professional help.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jaegerx
Sep 10, 2012

Maybe this post will get me on your ignore list!

Error 404 posted:

By my count there's about a dozen people who hate us enough that we know them by name, like the dude whop drew that.

And technically the real SFD refuses to acknowledge any current presence in STO except for lifetime member kailtor.

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*
So is everyone that plays STO(barring goons of course) developmentally challenged?

Beardless Riker
Apr 14, 2005

mcvey posted:

So is everyone that plays STO(barring goons of course) developmentally challenged?

Why would you think goons are excluded from that?

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER
They're Trekkies. Hardcore ones. What do you think?

TheIncredulousHulk
Sep 3, 2012

Another Warsong Gulch grief from long-ago vanilla WoW:

I played Hunter, who at the time weren't super useful, but they had some decent flag-running abilities. They also had one that was almost completely useless called Aspect of the Beast, which was a toggle that made it so other Hunters couldn't track you on the minimap. It was also mutually exclusive with other Aspects that did things like increase your dodge or damage, so it really sucked.

Until I figured out a trick to hide the flag indefinitely. There was a little spot under a buzz saw on the Horde side that you could squeeze into that would hide your character from view. Of course, enemies chasing you could use the Tab button to cycle targets until it landed on you, but if you used the Feign Death ability, they would need to manually click on you, which would be impossible unless they knew about the hiding spot.

The only way to find you at that point would be to have one of your own Hunters use Track Humanoid... but that's where Aspect of the Beast comes in, making it so that you're completely unfindable.

When I liked my pubbie team, I would use that trick to keep the enemy's flag hidden without requiring any guards. When my pubbie team was full of dicks, I would just get the opponent's flag, hide, and go grab dinner.

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

I had a similar grief in Eye of the Storm which was a sort of hybrid CTF type map. You had 4 capture points around the map and a flag that spawns in the middle. Capturing and holding capture points will get you resource points over time and bringing the flag from the middle to one of your controlled points would get you a nice bunch of resource points. First to a certain resource target wins. You could win by holding a single capture point and quickly capping the flag a bunch of times.

The grief is in the use of my engineering skill which granted me the use of a parachute cloak (a slow fall effect) and some rocket boots that would boost my speed to a pretty insane level for a few seconds (faster than the fastest land mount. Flying mounts were not allowed in EOTS). While slow falling your forward momentum is preserved so popping rocket boots then jumping off a cliff and popping the cloak would allow me to rocket through the air. I would use this to jump down to protrusion under either of the bridges in the zone while holding the flag. The thing about the bridges is that they span a big bottemless pit and pretty much the only way down there is the method I used. I would just sit down there with the flag and confuse people because it looked on the map that I was on the bridge. I usually only did it if the opposing team was trying to win by holding one cap point and then monopolizing the flag, allowing my team to hold their three points to win.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Machai posted:

I had a similar grief in Eye of the Storm which was a sort of hybrid CTF type map. You had 4 capture points around the map and a flag that spawns in the middle. Capturing and holding capture points will get you resource points over time and bringing the flag from the middle to one of your controlled points would get you a nice bunch of resource points. First to a certain resource target wins. You could win by holding a single capture point and quickly capping the flag a bunch of times.

The grief is in the use of my engineering skill which granted me the use of a parachute cloak (a slow fall effect) and some rocket boots that would boost my speed to a pretty insane level for a few seconds (faster than the fastest land mount. Flying mounts were not allowed in EOTS). While slow falling your forward momentum is preserved so popping rocket boots then jumping off a cliff and popping the cloak would allow me to rocket through the air. I would use this to jump down to protrusion under either of the bridges in the zone while holding the flag. The thing about the bridges is that they span a big bottemless pit and pretty much the only way down there is the method I used. I would just sit down there with the flag and confuse people because it looked on the map that I was on the bridge. I usually only did it if the opposing team was trying to win by holding one cap point and then monopolizing the flag, allowing my team to hold their three points to win.

Actually, if you hold 3 points consistently, you'll still win even if the enemy team caps the flag every time it is up. The flag is basically there to trap idiots into running around doing nothing productive.

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

Zaodai posted:

Actually, if you hold 3 points consistently, you'll still win even if the enemy team caps the flag every time it is up. The flag is basically there to trap idiots into running around doing nothing productive.

Maybe they changed the values since I played. I remember losing a lot to teams that held one point, controlled the flag and harassed another cap point or two.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Machai posted:

Maybe they changed the values since I played. I remember losing a lot to teams that held one point, controlled the flag and harassed another cap point or two.

If they were "harassing" other points to the extent that they were contested and thus owned by neither team, then yes, you can win with one point and every flag cap. But EotS has always had it so that if you hold 3 points and the other team caps every flag, the 3 cap would still win on points. It'd be a pretty close match, though.

Artemis J Brassnuts
Jan 2, 2009
I regret😢 to inform📢 I am the most sexually🍆 vanilla 🍦straight 📏 dude😰 on the planet🌎

Phanatic posted:

And I should mention the reason why /afk kicks you out of a battleground in the first place: people would grief the 79 other people in an AV match by going in there and then just fishing or standing there or something. So Blizzard had to change it so that when the game marked you as /afk after you stood there with your dick in your hand long enough, it would autokick you from the battleground.
Before that, there was the ol' routine where you go into a massively populated place and ask "how do I quit a guild?" - the only way to guit a guild (at the time) was to type "/gquit" into the chat console, so people trying to respond to you in the most brief way possible would unintentionally leave their guild. I had the privilege of being online when the leader of the guild I had randomly joined inadvertently gquit while trying to help out a recruit. The drama that ensued in the 30 seconds it took her to get an invite back to the group was insane.

A later patch put in a confirm/deny dialog warning you that you were about to leave the guild (because Blizzard hates unsupervised fun).

Bait and Swatch
Sep 5, 2012

Join me, Comrades
In the Star Citizen D&D thread
I hope that guy has some sort of special needs, as bad as that sounds. If not and that's from a "functional" adult with mommy issues, it goes beyond disturbing.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Safe and sound, detached from reality.
Just like your posting.

Bait and Swatch posted:

I hope that guy has some sort of special needs, as bad as that sounds. If not and that's from a "functional" adult with mommy issues, it goes beyond disturbing.

Yes, he is actually severely autistic.

White Noise Marine
Apr 14, 2010

Artemis J Brassnuts posted:

Before that, there was the ol' routine where you go into a massively populated place and ask "how do I quit a guild?" - the only way to guit a guild (at the time) was to type "/gquit" into the chat console, so people trying to respond to you in the most brief way possible would unintentionally leave their guild. I had the privilege of being online when the leader of the guild I had randomly joined inadvertently gquit while trying to help out a recruit. The drama that ensued in the 30 seconds it took her to get an invite back to the group was insane.

A later patch put in a confirm/deny dialog warning you that you were about to leave the guild (because Blizzard hates unsupervised fun).

Another one along those lines, "If /gquit and /gkick were on a boat, and /gkick jumped off. Who is left on the boat?" It always got someone.

Another low effort one was to make some text art and put it in trade, my favorite of these was two penises touching at the head, with Penis High Five written below, this never failed to fill chat with gay bashing slurs, and make it near impossible to get anything productive done.

White Noise Marine fucked around with this message at 06:39 on Oct 9, 2013

Wild T
Dec 15, 2008

The point I'm trying to make is that the only way to come out on top is to kick the Air Force in the nuts, beart it savagely with a weight and take a dump on it's face.
That was a fun way to make pubbies explode using the custom emblem creator in CoD: BLOPs and its sequel. An actual sexually explicit emblem could get you banned from the editor after a blitzkrieg of dicks, swastikas and dicks made of swastikas emblems invaded the game. The trick was to take something homoerotic enough to anger the general populace but not overtly sexually explicit and therefore unbannable. I spent what was frankly a disturbing amount of time creating an emblem of a well-endowed man's package in a pink speedo. Homophobic kids on XBL would go into conniptions, especially if I responded that it was no different than if I had an emblem of a large-breasted woman in a bikini.

BombermanX
Jan 13, 2011

I'm afraid of other people's opinions when they differ from my own. Please do not hurt my feelings.

DonDoodles posted:

Pouring one out for all the homies we've lost along the way. RIP, y'all.

This guy is grown, but had to quit playing STO months ago because he kept complaining about Starfleet Dental to his mom. She took away his Star Trek privileges. Yes, he's still bitter.

I regret nothing.

Slurps Mad Rips
Jan 25, 2009

Bwaltow!

Wild T posted:

That was a fun way to make pubbies explode using the custom emblem creator in CoD: BLOPs and its sequel. An actual sexually explicit emblem could get you banned from the editor after a blitzkrieg of dicks, swastikas and dicks made of swastikas emblems invaded the game. The trick was to take something homoerotic enough to anger the general populace but not overtly sexually explicit and therefore unbannable. I spent what was frankly a disturbing amount of time creating an emblem of a well-endowed man's package in a pink speedo. Homophobic kids on XBL would go into conniptions, especially if I responded that it was no different than if I had an emblem of a large-breasted woman in a bikini.

Several goons and I took the low effort approach of making "9/11 was an inside job", planes flying through towers, eagles crying, "never forget", etc. We got fewer reactions on PC, but every so often you'd get that one person who spent most of the match typing into chat.

Fun fact: Battlefield 4 has an emblem editor as well, and you can easily copy any other emblem by visiting the profile of the person who has one.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

A recently discovered glitch in TF2 allows you to swing your melee weapon as a Soldier or Heavy posthumously if you switch to it on the same frame that you die. Using scripts, you can abuse this and piss people off.

In that video, it's a little difficult to time your self-destruct right so you will hit people walking by. Thankfully, there are awful servers out there that allow you to spectate the enemy team while you are respawning. This means you can spectate them directly, and kill them with your melee instead of hoping they walk past your body. Using the script in conjunction with the Market Gardener, which will always critical hit people so long as you are rocket-jumping, and you can demolish the enemy team in the 15 seconds it takes to respawn. The server chain called saigns.de is notorious for having awful game-changing donator perks, and generally have a terrible community. Of course, one of their lovely mods is enemy spectating, so they are a natural target for this.

I had some good fun doing this up until I got banned from their servers. :allears:

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

Constable Lemon posted:

A recently discovered glitch in TF2 allows you to swing your melee weapon as a Soldier or Heavy posthumously if you switch to it on the same frame that you die. Using scripts, you can abuse this and piss people off.

In that video, it's a little difficult to time your self-destruct right so you will hit people walking by. Thankfully, there are awful servers out there that allow you to spectate the enemy team while you are respawning. This means you can spectate them directly, and kill them with your melee instead of hoping they walk past your body. Using the script in conjunction with the Market Gardener, which will always critical hit people so long as you are rocket-jumping, and you can demolish the enemy team in the 15 seconds it takes to respawn. The server chain called saigns.de is notorious for having awful game-changing donator perks, and generally have a terrible community. Of course, one of their lovely mods is enemy spectating, so they are a natural target for this.

I had some good fun doing this up until I got banned from their servers. :allears:

Why is there no video of someone doing this with the holiday punch yet?

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great

Dauntasa posted:

Why is there no video of someone doing this with the holiday punch yet?
Might be trickier because you have to hit enemies in their back? It's pretty funky that the game lets you "use" weapons your last class can't even equip, so all bets might be off.

Polka_Rapper
Jan 22, 2011

Wild T posted:

Do you have a screenshot of that? I collect Blops/Blops 2 emblems.

Wild T
Dec 15, 2008

The point I'm trying to make is that the only way to come out on top is to kick the Air Force in the nuts, beart it savagely with a weight and take a dump on it's face.
Not at the moment unfortunately, my XBox is in another country. It honestly wasn't very good, most of my emblems looked like a six year old's sketch book from hell. Fortunately so were most of the offended parties' emblems as well so it didn't do much to reduce the effectiveness.

tomanton
May 22, 2006

beam me up, tomato
Goons and I are still griefing TTT off in our dumb corner of the internet and Twitch.tv brings a new level of convenience to our victim selection process, we also get to see (and record, if they don't do it for us) the bewilderment when they're killed by props thrown at 1000 miles an hour.

There was a lot and we get more every day, but here is a man in a top hat spectating me in solemn disappointment as I waste a round running in circles and shooting a gun from my weiner.

Bait and Swatch
Sep 5, 2012

Join me, Comrades
In the Star Citizen D&D thread

tomanton posted:

here is a man in a top hat spectating me in solemn disappointment as I waste a round running in circles and shooting a gun from my weiner.

I am glad there is no explanation for any of this, it is so much better that way. It's like that Lewis Black sketch about "If it wasn't for my horse, I never would have spent that year in college."

Orv
May 4, 2011
He looks so very disappointed in you. If only he knew how important he was.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
So I've grown tired of GTAV:O's deathmatch nature, so I decided to shake things up a bit and fight for the Cops instead. I stole a cop SUV and threw a tracker on it, meaning it's now my vehicle (and it's not considered stolen so cops don't chase me if they see me in it).

In GTAV:O you can rob stores for money. When you rob a store, the police are called. Naturally, you just want to run away quickly and get away with it. But that's against the law!

As it turns out, you can block doors with cars because doors are only push doors, you can't pull them open. So, if I see someone robbing a store, I quickly block the door with my giant cop car (safely, so they can't shoot me). When the police are sufficiently close, I drive away to a safe distance and watch as the criminal turns into a red mist because they can't get away.

Now I just need a cop outfit somehow.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

...Does GTAV have 'I Am the Law' on its' soundtrack? :v:

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013

Regalingualius posted:

...Does GTAV have 'I Am the Law' on its' soundtrack? :v:

No but luckily there's voice chat, so sometimes I just repeat it over and over again while they yell at me to move.

Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012

Thumbtacks posted:

No but luckily there's voice chat, so sometimes I just repeat it over and over again while they yell at me to move.

Make sure to remind them that they must not look within 33.3 degrees of you or any law officer or be shot.

Slappy Moose
Jan 23, 2010

THE FILTHY IMMIGRANT

SynthOrange posted:

Butts died for your sins.

I'm just going to straight up ask. Is the goon leader of Starfleet Dental actually just named "Butts" for real?

Lord Chumley
May 14, 2007

Embrace your destiny.

Slappy Moose posted:

I'm just going to straight up ask. Is the goon leader of Starfleet Dental actually just named "Butts" for real?

Yes that is what his mother calls him.

BombermanX
Jan 13, 2011

I'm afraid of other people's opinions when they differ from my own. Please do not hurt my feelings.

Slappy Moose posted:

God drat it.

ILoveYou
Apr 21, 2010

Slappy Moose posted:

I can confirm he goes by "Butts" in these parts. You may know him as "Rafael 'Culata' Mazareos" of the Los Zetas. Look, the point is, if you gently caress with Butts you'll get hosed up the butts, ok?

BombermanX
Jan 13, 2011

I hear Butts has a whole log of trolling:
http://www.pastebin.com/u/Book_of_Butts

ILoveYou
Apr 21, 2010

BombermanX posted:

I hear Butts has a whole log of trolling:
http://www.pastebin.com/u/Book_of_Butts

butts once trolled a guy so hard he was diagnosed with autism the next day.

Artemis J Brassnuts
Jan 2, 2009
I regret😢 to inform📢 I am the most sexually🍆 vanilla 🍦straight 📏 dude😰 on the planet🌎

Thumbtacks posted:

So I've grown tired of GTAV:O's deathmatch nature, so I decided to shake things up a bit and fight for the Cops instead. I stole a cop SUV and threw a tracker on it, meaning it's now my vehicle (and it's not considered stolen so cops don't chase me if they see me in it).
Are you sure it's a cop SUV? I tried to take a police cruiser into my garage and it told me you couldn't chip police vehicles.

Either way, helping the cops in GTAO is always a hoot.

Cal Worthington
Oct 8, 2013

Serious business.
In Dota 2 there's a hero named "Pudge" who can become extremely tanky if the game goes on long enough or if he has been getting a lot of kills/assists.

With the right items, he can run into the enemy fountain (the spawn) and tank the anti camp system. Since the system only targets one hero at a time, the rest of the team can run in and kill the enemy inside of their own fountain. Several games my team has done this for as long as twenty minutes, and if the team is strong enough, there's no way the enemy can fight back.

Another fun thing to do as Pudge is to buy a force staff, which allows you to push yourself or others ahead. The force staff can also be used to push yourself onto otherwise unreachable areas, like small cliffs. There are several areas of the map where you can force staff yourself and then use an ability to hook people onto your location. The only way to get out is to buy a teleportation scroll, which would need to be delivered by a flying courier (which you can intercept and kill if you hooked an enemy).

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013

Artemis J Brassnuts posted:

Are you sure it's a cop SUV? I tried to take a police cruiser into my garage and it told me you couldn't chip police vehicles.

Either way, helping the cops in GTAO is always a hoot.

Yeah, you have to steal a specific one and take it to a specific garage. I can't remember off the top of my head, but if you google it it should pop up (I'm on my phone so I can't link it for you).

bunky
Aug 29, 2004

mcvey posted:

So is everyone that plays [MMO] (barring goons of course) developmentally challenged?

Probably.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

I wouldnt say 'barring goons' either. :v:

• Locked thread