Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Brilliant idea, Von Trier's last few films have had incredible posters.

This one is my favourite:

Very cool

Shia's character is apparently the only one not having an orgasm. I guess that informs us something about the character?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Peruser
Feb 23, 2013

TheJoker138 posted:

I don't know what it is, but something about this looks very...French. Like Shia LeBouff looks like a Frenchman.

It's the cigarette

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Vagabundo posted:

In other poster news, you might be able to get your hands on this if you attend the New York Comic Con, if you're so inclined.

:stare: drat, that's nice!

The Josh Brolin part looks a lot like...one of the recent Bond posters? Or one of the Fincher Girl With The Dragon Tatoo posters? I can't remember now. But inside Josh Brolin is where it really shines.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Peruser posted:

It's the cigarette

The cigarette is definitely part of it, but I think the hair, goatee stubble, and strangely, him scratching his armpit like that, also all add to the French-ness of the poster.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Vagabundo posted:

In other poster news, you might be able to get your hands on this if you attend the New York Comic Con, if you're so inclined.

I'm not sure I like how the hammer is just kinda stuck flatly in there. Other than that its probably my favorite out of the posters for this movie so far.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

TheJoker138 posted:

The cigarette is definitely part of it, but I think the hair, goatee stubble, and strangely, him scratching his armpit like that, also all add to the French-ness of the poster.

It could also be that his name is "Jerôme" with a circumflex over the O.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

King Vidiot posted:

It could also be that his name is "Jerôme" with a circumflex over the O.

I consciously didn't even register that name, but yeah, that's also probably part of it.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Vagabundo posted:

"A Spike Lee film" +1
That dumb hammer -1

Ez
Mar 26, 2007

Drink! Feck! Arse! Girls!

I can't help but be reminded of the covers for the last couple Battlefield games.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Stare-Out posted:

"A Spike Lee film" +1
That dumb hammer -1

My god do people still have this weird fixation on the use of the word "joint"?

ThatPazuzu
Sep 8, 2011

I'm so depressed, I can't even blink.

Alouicious posted:

It's a fun little something that's essentially meaningless so of course goons can debate it for all eternity.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Alouicious posted:

I can deal with a Spike Lee joint, but I somehow can't deal with a film that's been shot and cut by Robert Rodriguez.

Although, at the same time, I can deal with directors who like to plainly create a personal brand for themselves in a business as lovely as Hollywood.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

OneThousandMonkeys posted:

I can deal with a Spike Lee joint, but I somehow can't deal with a film that's been shot and cut by Robert Rodriguez.

Although, at the same time, I can deal with directors who like to plainly create a personal brand for themselves in a business as lovely as Hollywood.

If someone else started calling their movies "joints" do you think Spike Lee would try to sue them? Is it more or less likely he'd try to sue them if they were also black?

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

TheJoker138 posted:

If someone else started calling their movies "joints" do you think Spike Lee would try to sue them? Is it more or less likely he'd try to sue them if they were also black?

I am not sure there is a Spike Lee movie in history that has actually turned a profit, but he does have forty acres and a mule.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

I am not sure there is a Spike Lee movie in history that has actually turned a profit, but he does have forty acres and a mule.

He tried to sue Spike TV for using the word "Spike," so I'm genuinely curious about whether he would sue over the use of "joint" by someone else. The last sentence was just me being snippy cause I don't really like Spike Lee.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
I don't know why I'm reminded of the Wall from that poster, must be the hammer and a person in a unfinished wall.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

TheJoker138 posted:

I don't know what it is, but something about this looks very...French. Like Shia LeBouff looks like a Frenchman.

He's actually British.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Not "cut", "chopped".
:eng101:

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Chopped N Skrewed By DJ Bobby Rodriguez

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Machete Chops

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

TheJoker138 posted:

The guy with the French surname reminds you a Frenchman. My word.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Too early, they haven't even filmed Machete Kills Again yet.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Mierenneuker posted:

Too early, they haven't even filmed Machete Kills Again yet.

Trejo has said that the third Machete film will take place in space.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

muscles like this? posted:

Trejo has said that the third Machete film will take place in space.

It's meant to be titled Machete Kills Again ... In Space!. This may just be the best film title ever.

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW

Jedit posted:

It's meant to be titled Machete Kills Again ... In Space!. This may just be the best film title ever.

"In Space... everyone can hear when Machete Kills"

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

boom boom boom fucked around with this message at 01:38 on Oct 6, 2014

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

This giant woman will destroy us all

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Poor Man's Jon Voight looks perplexed.

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

Gonz posted:

Poor Man's Jon Voight looks perplexed.

Isn't Jon Voight the poor man's Jon Voight at this point? 3 of his 5 most recent credits are Baby Geniuses movies.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
Also what the gently caress is he wearing? Is that like a combination apron/polo shirt?

Hbomberguy
Jul 4, 2009

[culla=big red]TufFEE did nO THINg W̡RA̸NG[/read]

boom boom boom posted:

I've always wanted to sit someone down to watch a movie after telling them that it's a sort of weird, foreign romantic comedy about a widower who's son and best friend are pressuring him to start dating again, but he doesn't want to, so they put on a fake audition for a movie that doesn't exist so the guy can meet women.

This movie sounds wonderful and light-hearted with a dash of risque. Why are foreign romantic comedies always so much betaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

mr. mephistopheles
Dec 2, 2009

Baron von Eevl posted:

Also what the gently caress is he wearing? Is that like a combination apron/polo shirt?

It's a dress. He's wearing a collared dress.

3peat
May 6, 2010

boom boom boom posted:

I've always wanted to sit someone down to watch a movie after telling them that it's a sort of weird, foreign romantic comedy about a widower who's son and best friend are pressuring him to start dating again, but he doesn't want to, so they put on a fake audition for a movie that doesn't exist so the guy can meet women.

Better yet: A Christian romantic comedy about a young boy who promised his dying mother he would marry a girl who's just like Virgin Mary, and who sets out to find true love through the beautiful art of photography.

I did watch the movie without knowing anything about it and it was the best movie experience I've had in years

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

AFewBricksShy posted:

Isn't Jon Voight the poor man's Jon Voight at this point? 3 of his 5 most recent credits are Baby Geniuses movies.

Jon Voight attoned for his recent cinematic transgressions by knocking his role on Showtime's Ray Donovan out of the park.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Gonz posted:

Jon Voight attoned for his recent cinematic transgressions by knocking his role on Showtime's Ray Donovan out of the park.

Still does not make up for An American Carol

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

3peat posted:

Better yet: A Christian romantic comedy about a young boy who promised his dying mother he would marry a girl who's just like Virgin Mary, and who sets out to find true love through the beautiful art of photography.

Wait, which one is this?

Nikaer Drekin
Oct 11, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

bobkatt013 posted:

Still does not make up for An American Carol

Or this steaming pile

The Worst Bear
Jul 25, 2012

Do I look like a reasonable man to you, or a peppermint nightmare?

Nikaer Drekin posted:

Or this steaming pile

Took me way too long to figure out what was going on with that dog's legs. Jon Voight, how could you?

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

Nikaer Drekin posted:

Or this steaming pile

*scrolls 80% through the picture*

"Oh, the 90s. Such a whacky time for movies."

*Spring 2005*

:stare:

I think something is wrong with the anatomy of that dog.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Cage posted:

:stare:

I think something is wrong with the anatomy of that three-toed sloth.