Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Man, this thing is packed with references to the past games. Sadly, the frame rate seems to drop significantly when two fast moving Pokemon are on screen, 3D or not.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doflamingo
Sep 20, 2006

Brett824 posted:

I don't like how little emphasis this gen puts on your starter. Between the new exp share mechanics, getting 2 (3 if you count the Mystery Gift Torchic) free Pokemon that can actually mega evolve and crazy Wonder Trade shenanigans, there's no real reason to have any sort of attachment to your starter. I'm probably just going to box Chespin as soon as I get the mega-ring or whatever it's called.

For once you can get more than one Pokemon at the start that isn't total crap-- sounds good to me.

Abrasive Obelisk
May 2, 2013

I joined th
ROVPACK IN THE HOOUUUUSE!
:vince:
he still knows...

gilljoy posted:

How? Assuming your not playing X

I'm playing X, just confirming that there are two different stones.

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

mastajake posted:

Clearly you aren't doing enough wonder trading/pokemon amie/super training. I'm still in the forest (Pikachuuuuuuuu!)

I have to admit I don't care about Amie or super training at all. Call me soulless, but amie just seems like cutesy busywork with no real payoff, much like the musicals from BW. and I've managed without EV training all these past games so why start now?

I am thoroughly enjoying the online features though.

OmanyteJackson
Mar 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
anyone else find it weird that pikachu says it's name, while all the other pokemon have there normal game cries.

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!
Hooray, they finally fixed the spelling of "Faint Attack"! (It's now Feint Attack as it should have been.)

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?
I'd really like to try evolving 6 pokemons at once after one battle. That has to look sweet.

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

Ladies and gentlemen, the greatest pokemon:

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
^^^^^^^ Beautiful

LAY-ZX posted:

gently caress wild Pokemon, every time you catch something you have to immediately put it on wonder trade and use whatever comes out. Get on it.

Then you're basically doing a route 1 pokemon run.

Seriously, wonder trade is cool but all of you putting first area trash in it should get out :colbert: I mean you can catch a lot of cool pokemon in the next few areas anyways so just use those. Also nickname your stuff.

Nietzsche
Mar 13, 2001

f*ck is this newbie avatar

Waffles Inc. posted:

Is Global Link more or less universally down? I keep getting the 'Information is being processed' error

Try this:

quote:

The Pokemon Global Link development team believes that some users may be experiencing an issue with the API call from Pokemon.com to Pokemon-gl.com.

The PGL Development team has asked that we recommend that you try the following:

Click "Edit Profile"
Update your PGL preferences to "Nobody" (or, if you're already set to "Nobody", another selection) (it's down the page a ways)
Click "Save"

Once the page has completed saving, please try to access the Pokemon Global Link website again to see if this resolves the problem.

Note, as this will resend your registration information, there could still be a short wait time.

I was stuck at processing for 24 hours, did that, and it worked immediately. Of course all you can do at the moment is add your Game Sync ID, but.

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos
Quick customization question: I know you can change your hair colour/style after you start, and also get contacts to change your eye colour, but can you recustomize skin tone after you start the game?

Looking good is serious business.

JoeGlassJAw
Apr 9, 2010

Sorry if this has been asked already but i've been at work all day and don't have time to catch up with the thread : is the first gen starter you get linked to the gen VI starter you choose, or do you have free reign to pick both?

LAY-ZX
Nov 10, 2009

Tusen Takk posted:

I'm pretty sure that most people don't evolve their Pikachu because Raichu isn't as good/fast/strong or something like that.

He's not nearly as cute, that's for drat sure :colbert:.

He's better, faster, stronger, AND cuter. :colbert:

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

JoeGlassJAw posted:

Sorry if this has been asked already but i've been at work all day and don't have time to catch up with the thread : is the first gen starter you get linked to the gen VI starter you choose, or do you have free reign to pick both?

You can pick.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Amppelix posted:

I have to admit I don't care about Amie or super training at all. Call me soulless, but amie just seems like cutesy busywork with no real payoff, much like the musicals from BW. and I've managed without EV training all these past games so why start now?

I am thoroughly enjoying the online features though.

*cough* Amie has a LOT of payoff. It can do weird stuff in battle.

RoyalScion
May 16, 2009
Looks like it's going to take awhile to catch a female Ralts in the route after the first gym :negative:

Opinion Haver
Apr 9, 2007

This is the first Pokemon release I haven't been massively spoiled on and holy crap there's so much stuff and I don't know what any of it does and aaaaaa.

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Got a female Goomy :getin:

Donald Duck
Apr 2, 2007
The biggest problem I have with this game is I want to use so many of the Pokemon I come across. I could've made about 3 different teams of 6 I'd like to use so far and I'm only just past the Palace

gilljoy
May 3, 2009
Just found ym first goomy, I'm so happy.

Anyone know what level we can get a ditto at?

fariz
Nov 10, 2009

You either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain.
I've been pretty lucky / unlucky so far. Got a jolly torchick on first try (and fully EV trained him with the mini games before he hit level 11 :getin:, first pikachu I saw I caught, and it was holding a light ball. Caught a female Gibile, and got a really strong Snorlax.

However there's like a 75% chance that a move that has a chance to make me flich will succeed. Really bizarre.

Also Venusaur (Venusir) is a power house with Venoblast early on, and Petal dance later. Has he always learned petal dance / has it always been an outrage equiv? Or have I just not paid attention to him since Blue?

HeyItsAyls
Nov 25, 2011

Finally got Mawilite, and drat it, it was worth the wait. Mega Mawile kicks so much rear end. She gets a huge defence boost (from 170 defence to 250), some more points into attack and, most importantly, the Huge Power ability. She's tearing through everything.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Where is a good clothes shop? I know there is one in the second town but that only had hats and I can't find another.

Daemonlasher
Dec 31, 2012

SOULS?
Has anyone figured out where to catch Mareep yet?

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Man I'm kind of struggling to find a new water type that I like. Not a fan of Froakie or Barbaracle...Dragalge is kinda cool I guess? It's poison/dragon but it can learn surf right?

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Help Im Alive posted:

Man I'm kind of struggling to find a new water type that I like. Not a fan of Froakie or Barbaracle...Dragalge is kinda cool I guess? It's poison/dragon but it can learn surf right?

It can.

fariz
Nov 10, 2009

You either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain.

Daemonlasher posted:

Has anyone figured out where to catch Mareep yet?

I've seen a few swarms of them on route 12 using honey

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Internet Kraken posted:

Where is a good clothes shop? I know there is one in the second town but that only had hats and I can't find another.

Yeah I want to find some more clothing stores. Hate how the one in Not-Paris won't let you in for not having the right style. Also is there a way to remove your hat?

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

According to an NPC I spoke to, the displays change daily.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Help Im Alive posted:

Trade with someone who has X for CLAWITZER DA BOSS

parara
Apr 9, 2010
When is the earliest I can obtain a Clauncher? I have an old rod at the moment but nothing but Luvdiscs so far.

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

parara posted:

When is the earliest I can obtain a Clauncher? I have an old rod at the moment but nothing but Luvdiscs so far.

If it's the same as Skrelp, Route 8 with a Good Rod, which you get in the 4th gym town.

Mr Wind Up Bird
Jan 23, 2004

i'm a goddamn coward
but then again so are you
Got my female combee hooray. Now to get my Vespiquen and hate myself because Flying/Bug is the worst type in the whole goddamn world and she can't even learn fly.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
In case anyone else was wondering; the name rater is in Camphirer town. It's a dude that hangs out inside the pokecenter, so you could easily miss him.

Mr Wind Up Bird posted:

Got my female combee hooray. Now to get my Vespiquen and hate myself because Flying/Bug is the worst type in the whole goddamn world and she can't even learn fly.

This is me :smith: I had no intention of using Combee again but the very first combee I ran into was female, and I couldn't reist. I love Vespiqueen so much but her typing is SO BAD. If only there was mega Vespiqueen and she became psychic bug or something.

At the very least, Combee is adorable in Pokemon Amie.

EDIT: Oh gently caress, you get a berry farm. There's so much stuff to waste time on in this game aaaaaaaaa

Internet Kraken fucked around with this message at 20:35 on Oct 12, 2013

HeyItsAyls
Nov 25, 2011

Just found Goomy's Hidden Ability: Gooey. It lowers the opponent's speed if they make contact with Goomy.

Segata Sanshiro
Sep 10, 2011

we can live for nothing
baby i don't care

lose me like the ocean
feel the motion

:coolfish:

HeyItsAyls posted:

Just found Goomy's Hidden Ability: Gooey. It lowers the opponent's speed if they make contact with Goomy.

That's actually pretty awesome. You don't beat up on goomy, son

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

HeyItsAyls posted:

Can't wait for Goomy to be in the anime

Sprite141
Feb 7, 2009

I should really just
learn to stop talking.
Well I'm not gonna bother accepting any battle challenges anytime soon. My 1 flabebe versus their charizard, lucario, y legendary, the rock dragon guy, ect...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SigmusAmadeus
Apr 12, 2007
Lawlerbot
I don't know if this has been asked yet, but is it possible to catch a male Litleo on Route 22? I've been grinding it for like half an hour and seen exclusively females.

• Locked thread