Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tobu
Aug 20, 2004

Bunny-Bee makes me happy!

Build this house in a rain forrest and I'd be happier.

Oh god, the start of a new page and no awesome poo poo in my post? Here have the teaser for a project my friend is doing.

tobu fucked around with this message at 01:18 on Oct 16, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

:stare::fh:

Viking Blood
Jun 17, 2005

The hammer of the Gods will drive our riffs to new lands

Viking Blood fucked around with this message at 06:21 on Oct 16, 2013

LloydDobler
Oct 15, 2005

You shared it with a dick.

More 122 stuff, this almost makes me want to keep the 4 cylinder.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-0NZfHEpO5k

(targa tasmania race footage of a very loud and fast 122).

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

What is that beautiful car?

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

Do you feel like a hero yet?
I would much rather have a fully closed in garage rather than open to the elements.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

tobu posted:

Oh god, the start of a new page and no awesome poo poo in my post? Here have the teaser for a project my friend is doing.

You would not want a flat roof in a rain forest. The noise would be horrible during the rainstorms.

The Falcon is looking good, is it a BA, BF or FG?

Backov
Mar 28, 2010

That is beautiful. Of course the only thing missing is an actual garage.

CovfefeCatCafe
Apr 11, 2006

A fresh attitude
brewed daily!

Backov posted:

That is beautiful. Of course the only thing missing is an actual garage.

Detached workshop/small repurposed barn would be best. Just not sure how to give it that "post-modern outback" look. Still is pretty, though.

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

underground lair is what it's all about. Nice and cool in the desert heat, expensive things hidden from prying eyes. Beautiful minimalist box on the surface, all the good stuff below. You could run a few light pipes from the roof of the box, and have a hidden elevator like on an aircraft carrier to access the vehicle bay.

Solar Coaster
Sep 2, 2009

Disgruntled Bovine
Jul 5, 2010

Did you take those photos? Those are incredible :aaaaa:

Do you have to composite a background shot with a separate shot of the cars in order to get both in focus?

Disgruntled Bovine fucked around with this message at 23:49 on Oct 16, 2013

Solar Coaster
Sep 2, 2009

Disgruntled Bovine posted:

Did you take those photos? Those are incredible :aaaaa:

Do you have to composite a background shot with a separate shot of the cars in order to get both in focus?

I wish; found the images on imgur. Thought they were worthy of this thread. :)

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.

Pham Nuwen posted:

What is that beautiful car?

Datsun Sports 1600

XtaC
Feb 17, 2011

tobu posted:

Sup I6 Turbo buddy!

Plazmaman makes some good gear; I've got one of their kits on my 08 Territory Ghia.

tobu
Aug 20, 2004

Bunny-Bee makes me happy!

XtaC posted:

Sup I6 Turbo buddy!

Actually, thats not my turbo'd I6. Mine is remarkably smaller, uglier and japanese (RB25DET NEO).

You Am I posted:

You would not want a flat roof in a rain forest. The noise would be horrible during the rainstorms.

The Falcon is looking good, is it a BA, BF or FG?

Oh god, and the possums running across it. Thats a BF FALCOOOOON.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

Linedance posted:

underground lair is what it's all about. Nice and cool in the desert heat, expensive things hidden from prying eyes. Beautiful minimalist box on the surface, all the good stuff below. You could run a few light pipes from the roof of the box, and have a hidden elevator like on an aircraft carrier to access the vehicle bay.
That's my dream mansion.

Solar Coaster posted:

I wish; found the images on imgur. Thought they were worthy of this thread. :)

Here's the link to an article about them.

kastein posted:

This just showed up on my facebook: http://petapixel.com/2013/10/14/life-like-miniature-scenes-shot-using-model-cars-forced-perspective-250-ps/

Pretty good photography IMO, but I also think my cellphone camera takes good pictures, so take that as you may.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
My dream mansion is 100+ acres in the mountains with an old decommissioned missile silo refitted as a many-leveled project graveyard/workshop, a hangar, an airstrip/dragstrip, and a ton of rally+4x4 trails in the woods.

If some guy from Massachusetts wins the powerball, fades from the public eye, and that base changes hands a few months later, you know where to find me. :science:

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

AMERICAAAN IRON

I've seen this truck before at Super Trucks USA (his truck customizing business) - and it has an amazing mural on the back of Denver. The flag wraps around over the hood to the other side as well.

Disgruntled Bovine
Jul 5, 2010

I don't have 2 million bucks, but that sounds like a pretty good deal to me.

It's certainly better than the McMansions you could buy for that money.

angryhampster
Oct 21, 2005

Disgruntled Bovine posted:

I don't have 2 million bucks, but that sounds like a pretty good deal to me.

It's certainly better than the McMansions you could buy for that money.

Seriously. A lot of beautiful land an a pristine log cabin...on top of a bunker? Not bad for 2 million.

rscott
Dec 10, 2009
Well you are in the middle of nowhere, that isn't everybody's thing. I wonder how close the closest grocery store is?

Having your own air strip would be loving amazing though. What's the biggest thing you could land on a ~2k foot runway?

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

rscott posted:

Well you are in the middle of nowhere, that isn't everybody's thing. I wonder how close the closest grocery store is?

Having your own air strip would be loving amazing though. What's the biggest thing you could land on a ~2k foot runway?

Some kind of plane, I bet. Or a whirlygig.

Throatwarbler
Nov 17, 2008

by vyelkin
It's down to under 1 million now, I've seen that thing for sale for years. I personally don't see the appeal of it as is - most of the silo is unfinished and I don't know what you could possibly use it for, plus having such a giant essentially derelict structure on the property would surely bring about all kinds of environmental, building code and liability issues that are not much fun to deal with.

MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

FLIGHT SAFETY TIP: Fatties out first

rscott posted:

Not much - probably a Cessna Caravan at the largest.

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

Три полоски,
три по три полоски
"because drift car" was the quote

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
How big a plane can take off from it? That entirely depends on how much motor it has. :getin:

In the middle of nowhere is my thing, I'm a woods/mountains/can't hear the neighbors even if they decide to sight in the rifles in their backyard kind of guy.

It's under 1 million for only the house/silo, if I were to buy that place it'd be the whole thing including the undivided lots.

As for the code issues - it's upstate new york and fairly secluded. Doubt there would be a problem.

And the silo wouldn't be derelict for long... and isn't very visible above ground, out of sight out of mind.

It's about 250 miles from my job, and right next door to one of the airports we frequently use a testing ground, so I figure if I won the lottery I could probably make it there in around an hour by plane. Yes, I'd keep my job, because it's fun as hell, almost all my coworkers are awesome, and I'd do it for free if I didn't have personal projects, bills, or food to pay for.

As for awesome AI poo poo: http://goo.gl/maps/1Mgf5 Runway? Driveway? Same thing, for some lucky bastard.

kastein fucked around with this message at 02:30 on Oct 17, 2013

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

kastein posted:

How big a plane can take off from it? That entirely depends on how much motor it has. :getin:

In the middle of nowhere is my thing, I'm a woods/mountains/can't hear the neighbors even if they decide to sight in the rifles in their backyard kind of guy.

It's under 1 million for only the house/silo, if I were to buy that place it'd be the whole thing including the undivided lots.

As for the code issues - it's upstate new york and fairly secluded. Doubt there would be a problem.

And the silo wouldn't be derelict for long... and isn't very visible above ground, out of sight out of mind.

It's about 250 miles from my job, and right next door to one of the airports we frequently use a testing ground, so I figure if I won the lottery I could probably make it there in around an hour by plane. Yes, I'd keep my job, because it's fun as hell, almost all my coworkers are awesome, and I'd do it for free if I didn't have personal projects, bills, or food to pay for.

As for awesome AI poo poo: http://goo.gl/maps/1Mgf5 Runway? Driveway? Same thing, for some lucky bastard.

Please build us an AI goon complex. That would be awesome. :q:

VacaGrande
Dec 24, 2003
God! A red nugget! A fat egg under a dog!

kastein posted:

Please, son. Go big or go home.

http://goo.gl/maps/LfMsI

This is John Travolta's house outside Ocala, FL. He moved there because his previous fly-in community wouldn't allow him to bring home his 707, which you can see parked in the driveway.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Preoptopus posted:

"because drift car" was the quote

Would parallel park in that car.

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

Throatwarbler posted:

having such a giant essentially derelict structure on the property would surely bring about all kinds of environmental, building code and liability issues that are not much fun to deal with.

Building code and liability? You need to look at where this is. There are no building codes, there are no people to screw with you. This is so far from incorporated land your grandchildren will die of old age before they have to worry about that.

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.

D C
Jun 20, 2004

1-800-HOTLINEBLING
1-800-HOTLINEBLING
1-800-HOTLINEBLING

Gorilla Salad posted:

Would parallel park in that car.

Alternatively nose it and burnout the rear end end into the spot.

yyyyyy
Jan 13, 2013

by T. Finninho
I'm now picturing a tandem set of drift cars with all 4 wheels rotated 90 degrees to the side doing absurd crabwalk drifts and I want this to happen

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

wanna drive that space-car, assuming Flash Gordon is willing to ride shotgun

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

D C posted:

Alternatively nose it and burnout the rear end end into the spot.

...eh, close enough:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lb1awXgoyQE

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

Pham Nuwen posted:

wanna drive that space-car, assuming Flash Gordon is willing to ride shotgun

The Nazis had a nickname for it: the "Czech secret weapon". It went very fast on the Autobahn, and eventually Nazi officers were forbidden from riding in them because the cars killed so many of them.

And yes, that's an air-cooled V8.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

atomicthumbs posted:

The Nazis had a nickname for it: the "Czech secret weapon". It went very fast on the Autobahn, and eventually Nazi officers were forbidden from riding in them because the cars killed so many of them.

Air cooled, all alloy OHC v8. In the 40's. Legendary.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

atomicthumbs posted:

I know a guy who's crazy into Tatras, and he says it's a myth.

RE: The log cabin+missile silo complex in the Adirondacks, I totally want it. That runway would be great for amateur drag races :getin:

KozmoNaut fucked around with this message at 10:07 on Oct 17, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

KozmoNaut posted:

I know a guy who's crazy into Tatras, and he says it's a myth.

Huh, thought I read that on Wikipedia, but I went and checked and it's not there (and wasn't there). I must've incorporated it from somewhere else :downs: