Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k

Shalebridge Cradle posted:

drat near everyone uses aim assist.

Mine auto selected aim-assist before I began and even realized it, and I'm not changing it. Max kills every time :colbert:

E: Oh god dammnit I was doing a Top Fun 2 and UPON TAKEOFF some pubbie noob CRASHED INTO ME. AND THEN HE CRASHED INTO A BUILDING.

GODDAMNIT I love that mission and always OWN it you loving MORONS.

E2: I agreed to a replay for some reason, got put into the runners, and a guy ON MY OWN TEAM shot me. Oh jesus loving christ.

Need goons desperately

Thin Privilege fucked around with this message at 02:47 on Oct 16, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Me llamo Sarah Brandolino, the eighth Castilian of this magnificent marriage.

JoeyJoJoJr Shabadoo posted:

Mine auto selected aim-assist before I began and even realized it, and I'm not changing it. Max kills every time :colbert:

E: Oh god dammnit I was doing a Top Fun 2 and UPON TAKEOFF some pubbie noob CRASHED INTO ME. AND THEN HE CRASHED INTO A BUILDING.

GODDAMNIT I love that mission and always OWN it you loving MORONS.

This thread's own extreme gamer :allears:

Was playing survival. Then my teammates all quit for no reason at Round 7 even though we would have totally won. I just don't get it.

Professor Bling
Nov 12, 2008

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Last time I played Top Fun II I managed to gun down both runners, but moments after tagging the second runner I belly-flopped the jet into an overpass. Got the "Winner" screen right as I watched the burning wreckage slam into traffic.

That and Top Fun I are my two favorite missions.

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot

Robawesome posted:

I know you're being snarky but actually, yes, Base Invaders is the only mission Ron has ever offered me. I'm level 49 now.
54 or 55, all he has ever wanted is for me to do more survival grinding, according to his requests for help.

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

PaganGoatPants posted:

Do most people use Traditional GTA aim or Aim Assist?

I actually use traditional GTA aim. It really shines once you get the ak, since you can just do quick bursts in between whipping from target to target and wipe everyone out.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k

Lunethex posted:

Hey I may be level lame rear end in GTA Online but I have 20K gamer points! This gives me legitimacy, you see

nasboat
Sep 9, 2004

Intrepid00 posted:

Your name and console?

nasboat, PS3. I'm in AWCO. A group of us are racing now, p. fun.

Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR
My internet just kicked me out of said race crew in the middle of our tunnels bike race :(

The Duke
May 19, 2004

The Angel from my Nightmare

If you are hosting a race and leave catchup on you are a straight-up chump. gently caress you.

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

What's the difference between aim assist and tradition GTA? Not on my xbox so I can't check for myself.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Me llamo Sarah Brandolino, the eighth Castilian of this magnificent marriage.

Bob NewSCART posted:

What's the difference between aim assist and tradition GTA? Not on my xbox so I can't check for myself.

Think about the auto-aim from Vice City and San Andreas, that's the traditional one.

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

Lunethex posted:

Was playing survival. Then my teammates all quit for no reason at Round 7 even though we would have totally won. I just don't get it.

I was playing with my brother and it looked like he quit out of a mission we were playing, I asked him later and he thought I had quit. So I think something like that might be a server error that separates your party mid game.

Reo
Apr 11, 2003

That'll do, Carlos.
That'll do.

I just had to ragequit after spending nearly an hour with the absolute worst partner in Base Invaders.

Attempt 1: We drive from south LS to the airfield, he tries to show off by flying the plane upside-down, crashes instantly. We both die, mission over.
Attempt 2: I get in the pilot seat and he refuses to get in the plane. I fly and land undetected in the fort, and wait a million year for him to drive his rear end over to the base. When he gets there he's on the other side of the base by the last Lazer, so I grenade the first couple. He completely ignores the objective and drives past. While I attempt to move forward, I get killed and have to spectate.

For the next 20 minutes I get to watch him steal a Lazer and do 50 passes over the base until he finally blows up the last Lazer, only to land, gently taxi towards the hangar, and get out of the cockpit and immediately get killed. :argh:

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k
Just a warning, I was in online and just in free roam, but turned off my xbox by holding down the center button and using "shut down console." Then when I came back later it said "you quit out of a job you are a bad sport!" Luckily didn't get put into hell, but just FYI even if youre in free roam you can get bad sport points...

Also, do these bad sport points go away? Any way to track them? Balance them out by doing good things; and if so, what are they?

Thin Privilege fucked around with this message at 03:25 on Oct 16, 2013

MailboxFullOfBombs
Nov 1, 2010

Reo posted:

I just had to ragequit after spending nearly an hour with the absolute worst partner in Base Invaders.

Attempt 1: We drive from south LS to the airfield, he tries to show off by flying the plane upside-down, crashes instantly. We both die, mission over.
Attempt 2: I get in the pilot seat and he refuses to get in the plane. I fly and land undetected in the fort, and wait a million year for him to drive his rear end over to the base. When he gets there he's on the other side of the base by the last Lazer, so I grenade the first couple. He completely ignores the objective and drives past. While I attempt to move forward, I get killed and have to spectate.

For the next 20 minutes I get to watch him steal a Lazer and do 50 passes over the base until he finally blows up the last Lazer, only to land, gently taxi towards the hangar, and get out of the cockpit and immediately get killed. :argh:

You should have quit the minute he started being a passive-aggressive baby because he didn't get to fly the plane. Me and a few other goons ran into some screechy 12 year old like this during the mission where you steal the Titan. He kept screaming that he wanted to fly the plane, goes driving in after the rest of us clear out all the enemies and proceeds to drive the plane straight into the loving 18-wheeler that was parked in front of it and exploded.

BlueDestiny
Jun 18, 2011

Mega deal with it

Soloing Base Invaders is doable if you're desperate but I wouldn't recommend it. If you're good at driving a fairly decent alternative to make money is racing, since finishing 1st or 2nd can net you really good cash and RP for relatively little time.

Greenplastic
Oct 24, 2005

Miao, miao!

Just a warning, I was in online and just in free roam, but turned off my xbox by holding down the center button and using "shut down console." Then when I came back later it said "you quit out of a job you are a bad sport!" Luckily didn't get put into hell, but just FYI even if youre in free roam you can get bad sport points...

Also, do these bad sport points go away? Any way to track them? Balance them out by doing good things; and if so, what are they?

Do a couple of missions and you're good. I often get the good sport 1000$ bonus only a few hours after blowing up three or four personal vehicles, after which I usually do some missions to compensate, even though I've heard you can blow up like 20 before you're really in trouble.

Greenplastic
Oct 24, 2005

Miao, miao!

BlueDestiny posted:

Soloing Base Invaders is doable if you're desperate but I wouldn't recommend it. If you're good at driving a fairly decent alternative to make money is racing, since finishing 1st or 2nd can net you really good cash and RP for relatively little time.

I solo it on easy for the cash all the time. The RP is crap anyway, and it's real quick and easy on easy if you use the cover around the first two lazers well, grab a jeep to get the last one quickly and drive to the hangar door where you can easily pop the three soldiers inside and fly into the sunset.

Mediocrity Goggles
Mar 20, 2009

Looking at it the wrong way.
Well, it seems I managed to piss someone off. My first piece of hatemail.

with a "LOL" on the hidden line, but you get the idea.

cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

Professor Bling posted:

Last time I played Top Fun II I managed to gun down both runners, but moments after tagging the second runner I belly-flopped the jet into an overpass. Got the "Winner" screen right as I watched the burning wreckage slam into traffic.

That and Top Fun I are my two favorite missions.

Top Fun III is even better. Honestly I think the best 2 are Top Fun I and III, II is the worst because it's arguably the most difficult one for the runners. Cars are easy to see and obliterate. The Sanchez is much safer and III has you in stunt planes, which can be a disaster if you suck at dodging missiles, but is really fun if you know how to fly.

StabMasterArson
May 31, 2011

Anyone know where a Bravado Youga (van) might spawn? I checked around industrial areas but just found a bulldozer and flipped pubbies for hours.

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

Mediocrity Goggles posted:

Well don't hold out, what did you do?

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'

Mediocrity Goggles posted:

You better be clenching your rear end cause you gonna get hosed yo.

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

Bi-Han now we've got Bad Blood

The Duke posted:

If you are hosting a race and leave catchup on you are a straight-up chump. gently caress you.

Catch up is fun if you have traffic on. I'm sick of pop-ups in motorcycle races, then being last place the entire time, traffic isn't skill based its silly, slip stream is just catch up but makes everyone that is slipping catching up then PIT maneuvering you.

BarkingSquirrel
Sep 12, 2008

by Smythe
Just hit an annoying bug. I got gunned down while desperately buzzing Cdre G's apartment and when I respawned I had no minimap or hud, could only walk like in an apartment, couldn't access weapons and I could get into a car, turn it and the radio on, turn the wheels but it wouldn't move. Dying did not fix it. Only going to singleplayer and back fixed it.

Mediocrity Goggles
Mar 20, 2009

Looking at it the wrong way.

Shalebridge Cradle posted:

Well don't hold out, what did you do?

All I did was just kill him a few times. first time I killed him, he was a bounty and I just blew him up with a buzzard. He didn't really care about that, but this really started when I sniped him as he was getting into a car. He started being mad over the mic saying "Oh you're dead now, gonna kill you forever for that." even though I shot him because I knew he was standing there for like a minute or more trying to snipe me, standing a block away, stationary, looking right at my blip and following its movements. So I shoot him when he finally gives up and then I'm the rear end in a top hat.

Anyways, we trade bounty and mercenary calls on each other, then we had a long drawn out altercation at the hospital helipad that eventually ended up with me shooting down his attempts to buzzard fight me twice and then me just leaving cause I don't really care to press any further.

Then, cue the pictured mail.

Intrepid00
Nov 10, 2003

I'm tired of the PM’s asking if I actually poisoned kittens, instead look at these boobies.
Wow just completed Sandy Survival with pubbies.

Intrepid00 fucked around with this message at 04:07 on Oct 16, 2013

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'

Intrepid00 posted:

Wow just completed Sandy Survival with pebbles.

I didn't know you could throw rocks in this game.

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

I still hate base invaders.

I don't think its a well crafted mission, it may pay decently but even in concept, it isn't very fun.

Martin's base mission where you steal a lazer destroy a plane then chase the limo is a similar but way more fun concept.

And thats not to mention the blessed bullets that dont miss from 5 private jet lengths away.

SectumSempra fucked around with this message at 03:59 on Oct 16, 2013

Robawesome
Jul 22, 2005

I just got a popup that mentioned a 5% discount at stores for maintaining Good Sport status from 90% of my peers.

Rutkowski
Apr 28, 2008

CAN YOU BELIEVE THIS GUY?

Robawesome posted:

I just got a popup that mentioned a 5% discount at stores for maintaining Good Sport status from 90% of my peers.

That happens when you got at least 90 percent commendations compared to reports.

Commend fellow goons, people!

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

90% should be at least a 20% discount. :colbert:

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

During the early days, I got this message every time I logged in over multiple days. Because you didn't exit out properly, your character's last hard save was probably during a job, so when you logged back in, the flags told the system you were in a job last. Don't dashboard out(or hard lock, good luck with that one, heh).

quote:

Don't worry about it. Apparently the messages you get are very explicit when you're on the edge of going to bad boy jail.

GruntyThrst
Oct 9, 2007

*clang*

Rutkowski posted:

That happens when you got at least 90 percent commendations compared to reports.

Commend fellow goons, people!

What the hell is commending?

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

:woop: Just won Top Fun III 3v3 after my two stunt buddies got taken out early. Flew at max altitude to the airport and dive-bombed in, spiraling once to line things up and dodge a few missiles and strafes. Nearly lost a wing going into the hangar and had to three-point-turn to get to the actual objective, but woo :woop:

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

GruntyThrst posted:

You can report players but also report them for being helpful or kind.

EvilTobaccoExec
Dec 22, 2003

Criminals are a superstitious, cowardly lot, so my disguise must be able to strike terror into their hearts!

GruntyThrst posted:

If you go to the list of players in the start menu and select someone there are a bunch of normal options message/friend/whatever and one of those towards the bottom saying commend lets you vote someone as friendly or helpful. It sort of acts as a good sport point.

GruntyThrst
Oct 9, 2007

*clang*

SectumSempra posted:

You can report players but also report them for being helpful or kind.

Like... through the dashboard or is there an ingame thing?

EvilTobaccoExec posted:

If you go to the list of players in the start menu and select someone there are a bunch of normal options message/friend/whatever and one of those down towards the bottom says commend. It sort of acts as a good sport point.

Huh. Missed that 5 second tooltip I guess.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

If anyone wants to hop on and trade a few race wins on 360 shoot me an invite. I don't care about maximizing RP or money or whatever, I just want to be able to tune my stupid videogame car up a little bit. And maybe I'll manage to get a few more turbo starts and unlock that awesome Wine color.

GT: Arioch668 or pick me out of the Stairs Inc. crew list.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EvilTobaccoExec
Dec 22, 2003

Criminals are a superstitious, cowardly lot, so my disguise must be able to strike terror into their hearts!

GruntyThrst posted:

Huh. Missed that 5 second tooltip I guess.

I never saw anything explaining it in the game either actually, just learned about it today.

• Locked thread