Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
A Pretentious Owl
Mar 31, 2011

EB: it is true, it is a fact from an alien.
If anyone wanted to know what shiny Pangoro looked like, my Cranberry evolved :kimchi:

Kind of overexposed, but cream fur, red-brown pattern and dark red paws.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BAKA FLOCKA FLAME
Oct 9, 2012

by Pipski

Emalde posted:

??

Huge Power Mawile fits rather well with an Adamant nature. The only other thing you could effectively run is Impish, which I do agree is a better nature now that Steel no longer resists Dark.

I'm joking, I was breeding Mawiles for ages looking for one with Intimidate and a decent nature, but like I said before they seem to have changed how abilities are passed down because I was there for a long-rear end time and now I feel like my brain is rotting in my head.

I was really looking for an Adamant one, but I did get an Impish one and realized that wasn't so bad. :unsmith:

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Does someone have an extra alakazam stone I can have? I dont want to wait till post game for mega alakazam

Ixjuvin
Aug 8, 2009

if smug was a motorcycle, it just jumped over a fucking canyon
Nap Ghost
Gonna echo the love for Wonder Trade, I'm waiting for a friend to catch up to where I am, and just catching Skrelps and Shellders to hand out over Wonder Trade is a lot of fun :3:

On a related note, is there a Trainer ID lottery somewhere?

Ixjuvin fucked around with this message at 22:06 on Oct 16, 2013

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

Do I need any HMs to go through victory road?

Or are HMs just for optional poo poo like in G5?

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer

A Pretentious Owl posted:

If anyone wanted to know what shiny Pangoro looked like, my Cranberry evolved :kimchi:

Kind of overexposed, but cream fur, red-brown pattern and dark red paws.

Out of interest, what's better, Scrafty or Pangoro? My Moxie Scrafty nearly single-handedly took the Elite Four in B/W, so does Pangoro compete with that?

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

I have a question regarding the "1 Mega per team" rule.

Specifically how does it work? Can you have any number of Mega Stones "equipped", but only activate one in each battle, or just 1 Mega Stone within your party?

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Dewgy posted:

It's not gonna be savescumming really, just two separately downloaded copies of the game with their own saves. Still debating trying it for science, but I'm slightly worried about borking my main save. :ohdear:

For those curious: This borked my main save. Save data incompatible with this version. Boo! Guess I'll just have to buy X or something if I really want to whore me out some starters.

Oh well 20 hours of Pokemon is no big loss in the long run. Still going with Fennekin/Squirtle though.

edit: :lol: Well poo poo, it breaks the whole game, you have to redownload. loving hell, Nintendo.

Dewgy fucked around with this message at 22:10 on Oct 16, 2013

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

I'm a 25 year old student seriously considering spending money I can't afford to spend on a 2DS and this game. :negative:

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe

BAKA FLOCKA FLAME posted:

I'm joking, I was breeding Mawiles for ages looking for one with Intimidate and a decent nature, but like I said before they seem to have changed how abilities are passed down because I was there for a long-rear end time and now I feel like my brain is rotting in my head.

I was really looking for an Adamant one, but I did get an Impish one and realized that wasn't so bad. :unsmith:

They changed it for BW2. If you were not using Ditto, the hatchling would have the mother's ability slot 80% of the time. Whether they have made it apply more generally in gen 6 (because they seem to have changed other things) is not clear.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

So according to my brother, who has done some testing, the Ralts given to you in postgame comes with 30 and 31 in Special Attack and Speed IVs, respectively. Can anyone else confirm if this is correctly applied to everyone who gets one, or did he just get a lucky roll?

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Serperoth posted:

I have a question regarding the "1 Mega per team" rule.

Specifically how does it work? Can you have any number of Mega Stones "equipped", but only activate one in each battle, or just 1 Mega Stone within your party?

The former, I use Charizard and Blaziken, both with a Mega stone and if I use one I just can't activate the other that battle. You could have a full party holding Mega stones if you wanted, it's just that only one can be activated per fight.

Dewgy posted:

For those curious: This borked my main save. Save data incompatible with this version. Boo! Guess I'll just have to buy X or something if I really want to whore me out some starters.

Oh well 20 hours of Pokemon is no big loss in the long run. Still going with Fennekin/Squirtle though.

That's just how saves work on 3DS with any digital game, otherwise you could buy one copy and just copy it for all your friends.

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Manatee Cannon posted:

The former, I use Charizard and Blaziken, both with a Mega stone and if I use one I just can't activate the other that battle. You could have a full party holding Mega stones if you wanted, it's just that only one can be activated per fight.

Seems simple enough, thanks for the answer.

Stalgren
Mar 22, 2006

Charizard Go!
What does the global link even do other than show pictures of your team.

Lame Devil
Mar 21, 2013

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion

The Shortest Path posted:

So according to my brother, who has done some testing, the Ralts given to you in postgame comes with 30 and 31 in Special Attack and Speed IVs, respectively. Can anyone else confirm if this is correctly applied to everyone who gets one, or did he just get a lucky roll?

I can confirm. I took mine to the IV checker who told me that mine has perfect IV in special attack and speed.

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice-skate uphill

Stalgren posted:

I think you can do ranked battles through them. Ranks change every 'season' (every three months).

Where do you solicit pokemon friend codes on this board?

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
So Terminus cave is pretty lovely. Long rear end place filled with trash pokemon. Despite the variety shown in the rest of the game, this one area only has like 4 wild pokemon. It's long as hell so you end up seeing tons of them. And apparently, it isn't progress, because I just got told by some rear end in a top hat in the very back of the cave to leave because I'm not champ.

WELL WHY THE gently caress DIDN'T YOU TELL ME THAT AT THE ENTRANCE THEN?!?! :byodood:

BAKA FLOCKA FLAME
Oct 9, 2012

by Pipski

Hammerite posted:

They changed it for BW2. If you were not using Ditto, the hatchling would have the mother's ability slot 80% of the time. Whether they have made it apply more generally in gen 6 (because they seem to have changed other things) is not clear.

I was not aware of that!

I suppose another bonus is the fact I now have a lot of stuff I wouldn't feel too guilty Wonder Trading. That's how I got Fat Albert.

HoneyBoy
Oct 12, 2012

get murked son

Stalgren posted:

You can buy Heart Scales with Pokemiles, that's really good. Also Rare Candies, Full Heals, etc. other good Medicine items.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

LOCUST FART HELL posted:

Out of interest, what's better, Scrafty or Pangoro? My Moxie Scrafty nearly single-handedly took the Elite Four in B/W, so does Pangoro compete with that?

Depends on what you want to use it for Scrafty has some really good Dragon Dance or Bulk Up sets, but generally needs to get some momentum through those or Moxie before he can really do anything. Pangoro starts strong with a beastly 130 Attack, high HP and acceptable defenses, but really isn't good at staying alive for a long time. He gets Parting Shot though, and that's pretty neat!

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Manatee Cannon posted:

That's just how saves work on 3DS with any digital game, otherwise you could buy one copy and just copy it for all your friends.

But I didn't copy it or move it. I downloaded the game again, on the other SD card, and made a new save file. When switching back to my original SD card, original save, it was busted.

Revol
Aug 1, 2003

EHCIARF EMERC...
EHCIARF EMERC...
Speaking of good False Swipers, what about Aegislash? I really like this idea, because I already plan to have him a part of my team, so he can pull double duty as my Poke-catcher, and actually be used in real battles as well.

I'm skipping over the previously mentioned Hawlucha because I already have a Fighter in Pancham and will have a Flyer in Charizard.

maketakunai
Jan 11, 2006

What do you mean,
"it's only a game"?!
So this new Pokémon Global Link has pictures of all the Pokémon. So I did a thing where you can look up Pokémon ID number and Forme ID. Mega Evolutions count as a different Forme (so Charizard has formes 0,1,2), but they do not have different art, so Mega Charizard X looks like Charizard.

Pokédex spoilers, do not look if you want future surprises for stuff we haven't found yet:

There is no 719th Pokémon, if it existed it would be at that link.
All of the current Mega Evolutions have been found. I ran a script to check every Pokemon that has a second form, Pokemon with "--" in front just have regular, non-Mega Evolution forms. Only Charizard and Mewtwo have two Mega Evolutions.

Bonus pictures:
All Vivillion Formes
All Furfrou Formes

edit: fixed site, I'm so bad at javascript
edit2: Page edited to use higher res 300x300 art

maketakunai fucked around with this message at 22:39 on Oct 16, 2013

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
So, I haven't played Pokemon since Gold and Silver. My wife is wanting to start playing, but is a completionist, so I'm assuming she will want to 'catch them all' (at least the ones that weren't for special events). I understand I'll need at least X and Y, but I'm assuming I'll need to go back to gen 5 (and maybe gen 4) to get the vast majority of Pokemon. Is that the case? In looking at the OP as long as I use gen 5 as an intermediary, I'll eventually be able to use the cloud thing to get gen 4 pokemon on X and Y copies.

JoeGlassJAw
Apr 9, 2010

So I"ve noticed some passersby on the PSS that look like old grandpas. Isn't it supposed to be a picture of your player character? Are there salon/boutique options to make you look like an old man?

Side note: seeing Magikarp floppin' around in 3D was my "GOTY 2013" moment.

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Just a cage of bones, there's nothing inside.

JoeGlassJAw posted:

So I"ve noticed some passersby on the PSS that look like old grandpas. Isn't it supposed to be a picture of your player character? Are there salon/boutique options to make you look like an old man?

You can change it to certain trainer types in your profile.

Lame Devil
Mar 21, 2013

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion

Revol posted:

Speaking of good False Swipers, what about Aegislash? I really like this idea, because I already plan to have him a part of my team, so he can pull double duty as my Poke-catcher, and actually be used in real battles as well.

I'm skipping over the previously mentioned Hawlucha because I already have a Fighter in Pancham and will have a Flyer in Charizard.

The problem with Aegislash is that he is a horrible false swiper for ditto farming. Ditto will copy him, and then false swipe is has no effect (normal -> ghost). Outside of ditto though, yea why not.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Eonwe posted:

So, I haven't played Pokemon since Gold and Silver. My wife is wanting to start playing, but is a completionist, so I'm assuming she will want to 'catch them all' (at least the ones that weren't for special events). I understand I'll need at least X and Y, but I'm assuming I'll need to go back to gen 5 (and maybe gen 4) to get the vast majority of Pokemon. Is that the case? In looking at the OP as long as I use gen 5 as an intermediary, I'll eventually be able to use the cloud thing to get gen 4 pokemon on X and Y copies.

Very likely, you'll be able to get reasonably enough everything through trading with strangers online. You really shouldn't need to get all the old games to get all the Pokemon, though it might make it a lot easier to get certain Pokemon, like legendaries.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

maketakunai posted:

So this new Pokémon Global Link has pictures of all the Pokémon. So I did a thing where you can look up Pokémon ID number and Forme ID. Mega Evolutions count as a different Forme (so Charizard has formes 0,1,2), but they do not have different art, so Mega Charizard X looks like Charizard.

Pokédex spoilers, do not look if you want future surprises for stuff we haven't found yet:

All of the current Mega Evolutions have been found. I ran a script that checked the second forms of every Pokémon, that link is a list of every one that has a second form. Only Charizard and Mewtwo have two Mega Evolutions.

Bonus picture: All Vivillion Formes.

Amazing. I'd love to get all the art assets if someone would rip em and .zip em.
Now due to the way 3DS games can be patched, adding new mega evolutions down the line should totally be possible, right?

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Dewgy posted:

But I didn't copy it or move it. I downloaded the game again, on the other SD card, and made a new save file. When switching back to my original SD card, original save, it was busted.

Yeah it just does that, it's supposed to happen. I think the manual that comes with your system talks about it? Or maybe it was a different thing that came with mine because I bought the Fire Emblem 3DS with the game already on the card, I don't recall.

notthegoatseguy
Sep 6, 2005

Eonwe posted:

Just trade for everything unless you/she are already fans of Pokemon and want to do the whole main game over again in older generations

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Manatee Cannon posted:

Yeah it just does that, it's supposed to happen. I think the manual that comes with your system talks about it? Or maybe it was a different thing that came with mine because I bought the Fire Emblem 3DS with the game already on the card, I don't recall.

Well that's dumb. Way to stymie me gaming your system, Nintendo! :argh:

Revol
Aug 1, 2003

EHCIARF EMERC...
EHCIARF EMERC...

Lame Devil posted:

The problem with Aegislash is that he is a horrible false swiper for ditto farming. Ditto will copy him, and then false swipe is has no effect (normal -> ghost). Outside of ditto though, yea why not.

Honestly, I'd use a different Poke for Ditto farming. If I'm Ditto farming, I'm setting time aside just for that. Beyond that, I want a capable false swiper that can be used for more than just that.

Indigo Cephalopods
Oct 26, 2012

Justice Rains From Above

Ixjuvin posted:

Gonna echo the love for Wonder Trade, I'm waiting for a friend to catch up to where I am, and just catching Skrelps and Shellders to hand out over Wonder Trade is a lot of fun :3:

On a related note, is there a Trainer ID lottery somewhere?

I don't remember exactly where but there's a building that was called the Id-loto building or something in lumiose city

MadiTC
May 31, 2011

maketakunai posted:

So this new Pokémon Global Link has pictures of all the Pokémon. So I did a thing broke it where you can look up Pokémon ID number and Forme ID. Mega Evolutions count as a different Forme (so Charizard has formes 0,1,2), but they do not have different art, so Mega Charizard X looks like Charizard.

All of the current Mega Evolutions have been found. I ran a script that checked the second forms of every Pokémon, that link is a list of every one that has a second form. Only Charizard and Mewtwo have two Mega Evolutions.

Bonus pictures:
All Vivillion Formes
All Furfrou Formes

You do realize that all of those 'new' Mega Evolutions are just Pokemon that already had different formes right? Rotom has the appliances, Castform has the Weather Forms, Unown has all the letters of the alphabet, etc.?

HoneyBoy
Oct 12, 2012

get murked son
I miss those weather advisories from Gen 5, I could really use some rain right about now.

maketakunai
Jan 11, 2006

What do you mean,
"it's only a game"?!

VanSandman posted:

Amazing. I'd love to get all the art assets if someone would rip em and .zip em.
Now due to the way 3DS games can be patched, adding new mega evolutions down the line should totally be possible, right?
Well, ripping them isn't so easy, this is how they are stored. :(

MadiTC posted:

You do realize that all of those 'new' Mega Evolutions are just Pokemon that already had different formes right? Rotom has the appliances, Castform has the Weather Forms, Unown has all the letters of the alphabet, etc.?
Yes, that's why I said it's a list of second forms instead of Mega Evolutions. ;) Anything with -- in front is just a regular second form, I just included them for completeness.

Brett824
Mar 30, 2009

I could let these dreamkillers kill my self esteem or use the arrogance as the steam to follow my dream

maketakunai posted:

Bonus pictures:
All Vivillion Formes
All Furfrou Formes

edit: fixed site, I'm so bad at javascript

Not gonna get all conspiracy or "the leakers are all fake!" on you, but I'm not sure why you're expecting Nintendo to be absolutely incompetent. It wouldn't be too hard to manually adjust data that isn't revealed yet to prevent datamining like this, especially with something like an event 'mon. I doubt they'd go through that much effort for mega-evolutions though.

e: You could unscamble them with an imagemagick script that cropped them into quadrants and then put it back together in the right order, wouldn't be too difficult. I'll try to work it out and get a full .zip once I'm back from class tonight.

Brett824 fucked around with this message at 22:47 on Oct 16, 2013

Classtoise
Feb 11, 2008

THINKS CON-AIR WAS A GOOD MOVIE

Zackcat posted:

and they both pale in comparison to Lady Gardevior, master of the fairies. :colbert:

I'm sorry but Lady Whodevoir oh you mean Sylveon the best Fairy-type ever? Because she don't need no stinkin' Mega Evolution.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Classtoise posted:

I'm sorry but Lady Whodevoir oh you mean Sylveon the best Fairy-type ever? Because she don't need no stinkin' Mega Evolution.

I really hope Mega Eeveelution is a thing in Pokemon Z because I've used an Eevee in my team in every game now

• Locked thread