Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

Finally, a way to make Chex Quest a bit more brutal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LvK
Feb 27, 2006

FIVE STARS!!
it's only Brutal Chex if your zorcher beams only partially zorch them so that sometimes they crawl around as half a flemoid, rapidly losing composure while making pain noises.

Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012

LvK posted:

it's only Brutal Chex if your zorcher beams only partially zorch them so that sometimes they crawl around as half a flemoid, rapidly losing composure while making pain noises.

It's only Brutal Chex if the half-flemoid pain screams are ripped from snuff films.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Bouchacha posted:

This is great, I thought only BD Lite was available.

Ketchup is basically the successor to BDL.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

The Kins posted:

Also greenlit: Fortress Forever, a fan remake of Team Fortress Classic on the Source engine.

Oh man, I really hopes this gives this game a bit of a boost. I actually played TFC on a decent server a few weeks back and (despite the crazy spam sometimes) it's just as fun as I remember. No one really plays FF right now from what I understand, which is a shame because I love the way TF2 looks but I got sick of all that crafting\hats\special items poo poo.

I just want loving vanilla CTF drat it. :(

An Enormous Boner
Jul 12, 2009

Crazy Legs posted:

One thing I like to do is use the Ketchup wad that adds the Brutal Doom blood effects to vanilla Doom. You get to keep that same balance from the original Doom and have the same satisfaction that comes from Brutal Doom's insane amount of blood. For me, 90% of the satisfaction from Brutal Doom comes from it's cosmetic effects like the blood, smoothed out weapon animations, and new sounds.

I thought he started adding stupid poo poo like enemies begging for life ...? Maybe I'm misremembering.

Bloodmobile
Jun 15, 2012

Awesome Welles posted:

Oh man, I really hopes this gives this game a bit of a boost. I actually played TFC on a decent server a few weeks back and (despite the crazy spam sometimes) it's just as fun as I remember. No one really plays FF right now from what I understand, which is a shame because I love the way TF2 looks but I got sick of all that crafting\hats\special items poo poo.

I just want loving vanilla CTF drat it. :(

If you want to play old-school FPS online it's usually your best bet to check for IRC pickup channels. #FF.Pickup on gamesurge seems to have a bunch of games played on it daily. #tfc.pickup's had 71 matches played this week.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

LvK posted:

Finally, someone has made Chex Quest more Chex.

lizardhunt
Feb 7, 2010

agreed ->
I'm sick of everyone praising Brutal Chex for making the game more Chex-like. Chex Quest had a purity that needs no modification and was beautiful in its Chexiness.

SPACE HOMOS
Jan 12, 2005

The Kins posted:

Also greenlit: Fortress Forever, a fan remake of Team Fortress Classic on the Source engine.

This has been around since before TF2 was released, so what makes them think people are going to play it now? At the same time this was being made ETF, a quakeworld TF style using Enemy Territory, was also released. Neither of these were played by that many people.

Commander Keenan
Dec 5, 2012

Not Boba Fett

jerkstoresup posted:

I'm sick of everyone praising Brutal Chex for making the game more Chex-like. Chex Quest had a purity that needs no modification and was beautiful in its Chexiness.

Disturbing that he included pictures of actual Chex.

Chinese Tony Danza
Oct 30, 2007

Crappy Cat Connoisseur
Sometimes I regret voicing Brutal Chexguy...

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe
Someone needs to rerender and remaster the Chex Quest CD FMVs.

Crazy Legs
Nov 6, 2010

poptart_fairy posted:

Can you link to this wad, please?

http://forum.zdoom.org/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=35614

Here you go. It says test version but it's been working fine for me.

An Enormous Boner posted:

I thought he started adding stupid poo poo like enemies begging for life ...? Maybe I'm misremembering.

That's probably Brutal Doom Lite. This is an offshoot of it that just includes the gore, not the new death animations and enemy AI.

Crazy Legs fucked around with this message at 21:04 on Oct 17, 2013

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pSpGQ5AVJpI
Frankly, I wish Doom had had something similar. I bet Tom Hall would have directed it and tried to make it stick to his doom bible stuff.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
The clever thing with the "zorcher" teleporting stuff back to their home dimension is that it's the perfect explanation for respawning in deathzorchmatches: you're teleported randomly to the same place.

Of course there's still the issue of taking damage accruing zorch charge or whatever showing your status bar face getting covered in slime, but hey, can't cover all the angles.

lizardhunt
Feb 7, 2010

agreed ->
I'm starting to think Brutal Chex would be unironically awesome and kind of want to make it myself.

Keiya
Aug 22, 2009

Come with me if you want to not die.

Install Windows posted:

Someone needs to rerender and remaster the Chex Quest CD FMVs.

Someone needs to get their hands on the CQ2 videos. Totally serious, those things are as far as we can tell lost forever. Not even a transcript.

Obeast
Aug 26, 2006
Õ_~ ANIME BABE LOVER 2000 ~_Õ

SPACE HOMOS posted:

This has been around since before TF2 was released, so what makes them think people are going to play it now? At the same time this was being made ETF, a quakeworld TF style using Enemy Territory, was also released. Neither of these were played by that many people.
IIRC, Fortress Forever was released after ETF, and was actually kinda popular until TF2 was released since a lot of people were really pumped for TF2 and wanted their modern day-style Team Fortress fix until TF2's (or at least the beta version for those who bought the Orange Box early back when you actually had to buy TF2) release. I actually remember playing on a (I think a goon-ran) server for FF and being in the middle of a match until they shut it down to convert it to a TF2 server when TF2 was finally unleashed to the public.

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Keiya posted:

Someone needs to get their hands on the CQ2 videos. Totally serious, those things are as far as we can tell lost forever. Not even a transcript.

Huh? I actually got Chex Quest 2 off of the chexquest.com website back when it was still up in the 90s, and I don't remember any videos being in the download. I think the website might have had a few early Shockwave animations on it but nothing more than that.

It was a download only thing after all, and since everyone had dialup then, and I don't think 56k modems even existed yet, video would have added hefty wait times.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

I played Chex Quest 2 as a babby and I don't remember any videos.

TerminusEst13
Mar 1, 2013

Yeah, only Chex Quest 1 had any videos.

A travesty if there ever was one, Chex Quest's plot demanded more respect from its plebian developers and they just couldn't provide. :colbert:

NuclearPotato
Oct 27, 2011

Well I just hosed myself.

I tried switching Freedoom over to fullscreen running the OpenGL renderer on Snow Leopard, and now all I'm getting is a black screen, which I suspect has more to do with the fullscreen mode then anything else. Anyone know if there's a way to disable fullscreen mode before startup? I'm running this on Zandronum, if that helps at all.

VVV Cool, I'll get searching then.

NuclearPotato fucked around with this message at 20:01 on Oct 18, 2013

SavageMessiah
Jan 28, 2009

Emotionally drained and spookified

Toilet Rascal

NuclearPotato posted:

Well I just hosed myself.

I tried switching Freedoom over to fullscreen running the OpenGL renderer on Snow Leopard, and now all I'm getting is a black screen, which I suspect has more to do with the fullscreen mode then anything else. Anyone know if there's a way to disable fullscreen mode before startup? I'm running this on Zandronum, if that helps at all.

You should be able to edit the config file for Zandronum and turn off fullscreen. I'm not sure off the top of my head where that files live on OSX though.

NuclearPotato
Oct 27, 2011

Right, fixed my problem (it was something to do with the OpenGL renderer, as it turns out). Now how the hell do I change the HUD to something a little more classic Doom? For some reason, the HUD is practically non-existent in my games, and fiddling with the HUD options in the in-game menu don't seem to change anything.

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

What's on your mind, Axa?

NuclearPotato posted:

Right, fixed my problem (it was something to do with the OpenGL renderer, as it turns out). Now how the hell do I change the HUD to something a little more classic Doom? For some reason, the HUD is practically non-existent in my games, and fiddling with the HUD options in the in-game menu don't seem to change anything.

Have you tried hitting +?

Edit: In-game, I mean.

NuclearPotato
Oct 27, 2011

catlord posted:

Have you tried hitting +?

Edit: In-game, I mean.

Yeah, nothing. Funny thing is, the HUD pops up whenever I use the mini-map, but is otherwise non-existent, outside of a message saying which weapon I've switched to.

e: Screenblocks 10 worked! Thanks Terminus!

NuclearPotato fucked around with this message at 22:37 on Oct 18, 2013

TerminusEst13
Mar 1, 2013

NuclearPotato posted:

Hit -
Or type "screenblocks 10" in the console.

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

I'm gonna level with you folks: I don't know if I'm gonna be able to finish KISS: PSYCHO CIRCUS: THE NIGHTMARE CHILD

Let me tell you a little about it:

The story, based on what i've learned from the cutscenes I wasn't allowed to skip, is about a KISS tribute band being guided around by a racist gypsy stereotype. I was surprised that it isn't about the actual KISS, but I guess Gene Simmons is worried about a game depicting him as being able to die, because if people knew he was mortal they might come after him with stakes and whatnot. The structure of the game is divided into four episodes that I think you can do non-linearly. The four episodes are based on the four dudes in the tribute band, they are all called stuff like Grum Grooble and Jim Stonkis and each plays one of the members of KISS: Star-eye, Cat-rapist, Gene Simmons and That Other Guy. Here though they are not known by those names, they are THE ELDERS and are somehow related to each of the four elements: Earth, Fire, Water and Stars.

I picked the star element guy, known as THE CELESTIAL, because I was hoping he would have some baller space based levels and also because the game offers you him by default.

Following the star theme you start the game in a ROAD HOUSE. Now being from england I don't really know what a road house is, but based on movies my understanding is that they are a special kind of distant bar where people go to break chairs and pool cues. Judging by the instruments on the stage your hit KISS tribute band was here, and judging by the complete lack of patrons your band was playing the terrible music of KISS. The gypsy lady guides you upstairs to where some floating purple gauntlets are waiting. A cutscene plays where it looks like a ghost is pulling your guy into the air by his dick then the gauntlets magically appear on your hands. The gauntlets include an ugly, square topped sword which you need to break the security grill at the bar counter to throw the GIANT INDUSTRIAL SWITCH that opens some door for some loving reason whatever.

But wait: The forces of evil are here! Four legged purple beetles appear all over and you have to cut them up with your ugly sword!

Thus begins your quest to collect a set of extremely gay looking armour pieces. I don't mean that in a pejorative sense. I'm not a bigot, I don't buy in to the gender binary, i check my privilage regularly (its still there). Its just for reals your armour set looks like a brazilian gay pride carnival costume. Which I guess is what you would need to banish darkness to be fair. Each piece gives you a different effect, the gauntlet effect seems to just be +sword but the belt makes you jump the 1 inch higher you need to be able to jump on boxes and the weird friggin shoulder pads give you a higher max hp. I mean, I guess its a fairly decent system for advancing a character legend of zelda style. I think you have to collect a set for each character which could get boring.

The powerups are as confusing and worrying as purple turds and not helped by the fact that one of the powerups is Pamphlets that tell you about the powerups and monsters in this weird encyclopedia. But they are kind of easy to miss and some are in secrets so gently caress you, you'll never know what the powerups do. Theres a jack in the box that is a bomb. There are out of place looking black diamonds that I dont know what they do. There's an eagles head that zooms in the camera for unknown reasons. Also a rose. You have an inventory for them so you can keep em on you Heretic style.

The guns I think are the same across the characters, with the exception of the melee weapon and the ultimate (I didn't get the ultimate yet and I've only played one character so w/e):

1) The sword: Known in KISS LORE as the thornblade, this is the chosen weapon of star-eye and it certainly chops dudes. That is all.

2) The snowcone: I didn't find the pamphlet for this one so I dont know what its real name is. It's a blue cone shaped machinegun that shoots what I think are ice shards. Its like the most useful weapon and you get it first but you'll never have enough ammo for it so enjoy using the other lovely guns.

3) The sniper whip: THE CHOSEN WEAPON OF CAT-RAPIST, THE SCOURGE IS A TERRIFYING LONG RANGE WEAPON. It's a whip that shoots green lines out that do decent damage at long range but only hits one guy so its kind of semi-useless. Notably the first person model is actually only half model, the whip itself is made out of poorly joined together spritey things that are super obviously 2D and it looks awful. Its also used as a grappling hook in stupid puzzles.

4) The flak cannon from UT: Exactly what it says on the tin; This is the flak cannon from UT only this time it's a brown cone with chains on that smoke comes out of at random intervals. It does great damage close up but is worthless at anything other than melee range. It uses 4 ammo per shot which loving bugs me, stop doing this game designers, 1 shot should be one ammo unless it has some kind of alternate firemode that uses more ammo. This doesn't.

5) The megaman gun: A big blue wrist cannon that I guess is the rocket launcher equivalent. The rocket is some energy ball bullshit that bounces around sometimes and then does a big explosion that has a stupid screen effect if you're anywhere near it so you think you're getting hurt even if your not (sometimes you are). Its confusing and doesnt do much damage and is hard to hit stuff with because you cant shoot it at the floor for splash cause it randomly bounces sometimes. gently caress this thing.

So the weapons are kind of servicable but boring and lovely. The levels are just lovely. The game has PSYCHO CIRCUS in the name but so far all I've been through is stupid urban areas, the sewers and a giant bookshelf and a church. The giant bookshelf sounds interesting but it was actually boring and poo poo and the textures were all low res as hell compared to the rest of the game, I guess they just scaled up the regular sized bookshelf textures for the floors in this bit. The urban bits are all called stuff like Pain Plaza, Tuff Town and 'Orrible Office. The sewers had purple 90s skull goo in them that hurts you. Really at no point in the levels was I at all excited or interested. Imagine the Duke 3D levels from the first episode but without all the interesting building interiors with all the secrets and funny jokes and such. There are secrets but they're just poo poo, its like, we put these powerups in a corner, its a secret. It's random as to whether picking something up will be a secret or not.

The enemies are kind of poo poo too. There isnt much of a circus theme with most of them. There's the four legged beetles called Headless (I dont know what the plural is) and to be fair they dont have heads. Then there are like little dragon dudes called Stumps which fuckin pisses me off cause they don't have any stumps. They're kinda small but you expect stumps to be amputees or something, when they're little brown dragons god fuckin damnit. They ported in the most popular enemy from Quake, the scrag, except now they're floating fat dudes (who ARE amputees). There's like some kind of pro wrestler gimps who throw shurikens, then we get to the circus themed enemies. The arachnoclown is a clown with spider legs who has the shambler from quake's lightning attack and the unipsycho is a ripoff of the wheelers from that scary rear end fuckin wizard of oz sequel, except they're on fire.

They throw the enemies at you in hordes which is kind of original, except to cope with the hordes the LOD scaling is hella strict and so everyone turns into stickmen at like 10 feet away. There's a dismemberment system which actually for once lets dudes stay alive while partially dismembered. Due to the time period its pretty ghetto, so gibbed stuff just looks like someone pulled apart a GI Joe, all plastic torsos and neat limb segments.

I hate this game. It really really depresses me and I don't know why. Maybe it's the dim colours, maybe its the kind of half asses sad evil carnival thing that depresses me. Maybe its the lovely levels. Maybe its the boring weapons.

At least the designers didn't use KISS music as the soundtrack. I hate KISS so much. I hate them more than bees that are actively stinging me. I hate them more than a ripe fart in still air. I'd rather go apple bobbing for dead cats in a flooded cellar than go to a KISS concert. In my estimation KISS music is for people who want to be juggaloes but find ICP too edgy and hardhitting. They combine a marketing gimmick of allegedly being really really metal and such with lazily written cotton-wool muffled dad-rock. The kind of music they play to calm teens who live in special homes and wear velcro shoes. I have borne witness to a meeting of the KISS army and never have I witnesses such a great shambling parade of failed lives, middle-aged sex offenders, car tax-disc collectors, families with post-80s mullets. I saw hell and it smelled of piss and febreeze.

God drat you KISS. God drat you and your game.

RiffRaff1138
Feb 28, 2006

Every single motherfucker thinks they're gonna save the fuckin' world... Why not do something about the shitty economy or whatever instead?! Son of a bitch!

FirstPersonShitter posted:

God drat you KISS. God drat you and your game.
I can try to explain the story, if anyone cares. It won't be any less stupid, but it might make a tiny bit more sense.

:spergin: Also, from your description you were playing the Starbearer's chapter, not the Celestial, but I can't blame you for not paying attention.

Keiya
Aug 22, 2009

Come with me if you want to not die.

Install Windows posted:

Huh? I actually got Chex Quest 2 off of the chexquest.com website back when it was still up in the 90s, and I don't remember any videos being in the download. I think the website might have had a few early Shockwave animations on it but nothing more than that.

It was a download only thing after all, and since everyone had dialup then, and I don't think 56k modems even existed yet, video would have added hefty wait times.

Those shockwave animations are what I was referring to, yes.

Fantastic Alice
Jan 23, 2012

Fun Fact.
Psycho Circus was the name of a comic. The gypsy leads lost souls or something and the nightmare child is like the son of Satan, left behind when he got his rear end kicked or something and the Circus is where he was born or something and a place for lost souls. I'm going off an issue by issue crappy summary.

Anyone wanna try and get a good summary of that? It might help understand the game if you know the plot.

Fantastic Alice fucked around with this message at 06:53 on Oct 19, 2013

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Keiya posted:

Those shockwave animations are what I was referring to, yes.

Well yeah all I remember of that was a cheesy animated menu thing. Nothing special, because Macromedia Shockwave couldn't do much in '96.

RiffRaff1138
Feb 28, 2006

Every single motherfucker thinks they're gonna save the fuckin' world... Why not do something about the shitty economy or whatever instead?! Son of a bitch!
Alright, here's a writeup on the Psycho Circus story. I hope this helps explain... something.

Part 1: The Elder

The first thing you need to understand is that Psycho Circus is not about Kiss. It's based on a comic book series by Tim McFarlane Productions but apparently not McFarlane himself, which centers largely around characters loosely based on Kiss's stage personas. They're known as The Elder, or The Four-Who-Are-One. They are not Kiss. They are, not gods, but four autonomous aspects of one God. Each is associated with a cardinal direction, a classical element, and an emotion or state of mind:

The Starbearer (based on Paul Stanley) rules the North, Water, Love and Passion
The Demon (Gene Simmons) rules the South, Fire, Anger and Vengeance
The Beastking (Peter Criss) rules the West, Earth, and Primal Instinct
The Celestial (Ace Frehley) rules the East, Air, Balance and Intellect

The Elder mainly just observe the Earth, and occasionally a person will catch their eye for whatever reason, and will be tested and judged for either redemption or punishment. The punishment is usually death. The Elder are kind of dicks, but usually, so are the people who fail. In order for the Elder to act on the Earth, they use human avatars through whom they can manifest.

Part 2: The Circus

I'll try to boil this down as much as I can. Basically, somewhere in Europe during the Plague, there were these four rich assholes. They thought the Plague meant the world was ending, and so they planned to summon and bind the Elder to themselves, becoming their avatars, and use their powers to become gods of the new world. To that end, they captured a gypsy caravan led by a sorceress named Lady Ravenna. They told her that if she told them how to bind the Elder, they'd let her caravan go. Ravenna, not being an idiot, knew they would betray her and kill them all anyway, so she told them the wrong spell. Sure enough, they rewarded her for her assistance by having her tied to a post where ravens pecked her eyes out. The assholes summon the Elder, fail to bind them, and get slaughtered for their arrogance. Meanwhile, Ravenna, still alive on the post, casts the real spell, and binds the Elder and her caravan together. The Elder are bound to act as the caravan's protectors, but the caravan are bound to serve the Elder's whims, wandering the Earth, unable to die but no longer fully alive. The caravan becomes a travelling circus, known as the Circus of Souls, or Cirque du Psyche. I guess because they had nothing better to do with their functional immortality. The Circus basically acts as a vehicle for the Elder to judge people, and as a home for their aforementioned avatars:

Jonathon Blackwell, an English highwayman who swore vengeance against a former partner who betrayed him. He became the Demon's avatar and ringmaster of the Circus.
Fortunado l'Etoile, a French dwarf actor who fell in love with an actress in his troupe and poisoned her abusive bastard boyfriend, only to have her commit suicide for fear that she'd be blamed for it. He's the Starbearer's avatar and lead clown.
Tiberius MacLir, a Scottish hunter who relentlessly tracked down a huge white lion that killed his African guide, and ran it through with the guide's spear. The Beastking's avatar, and animal tamer.
Matthew Stargrave, a mute American kid, raised by a kindly old priest who saw science and religion as two sides of the same coin. The priest died, and while mourning him, Stargrave had an epiphany about the interconnected nature of all things. (I'm simplifying a lot here, it makes more sense in the comic.) Celestial's avatar and stiltwalker.

The only other significant members of the Circus besides those four are Ravenna, now old and blind and calling herself Madame Raven but still running the show behind the scenes; and Kismet, a psychic girl who committed suicide but didn't realize she was actually dead until the Circus helped her come to terms with it, and was given a chance to try again, with a new life as Madam Raven's apprentice.

Part 3: The Nightmare King

The Destroyer arc of the Psycho Circus comics introduces the Nightmare King, a creature of pure evil, born from the chaos created some time long in the past, when the Elder split up. They got back together, but rather than kill the Nightmare King, they locked him away in a big chest, then left it with the Circus for some reason. He got locked away before the Circus was even a thing, so I don't know how they ended up with it. Anyway, somehow, the King breaks himself loose and manifests through his own avatar, some kid named Joshua Childe, (Note: Joshua has nothing to do with the Nightmare Child of the game. His name seems to be a Jesus reference, but as far as I can tell, has no real significance to the story) and starts wreaking havoc, corrupting both the Earth and the Elder's Realm. The Elder break their bond with the Circus, manifest themselves on Earth without their avatars, and fight the King's army of mutants. The Elder get captured and killed by the King, but Madame Raven casts the summoning spell again, and they return. Surprise motherfucker, the King only killed their Earthly forms. Their spirit remained, and the re-summoning allowed them to pull themselves together. They pull the King into their realm and kill him once and for all. The real world goes back to normal, Joshua Childe dies. But the bond with the Circus is still broken, and without the Elder's power keeping them alive, they start to age rapidly and grow near death. Kismet casts a spell to transcend to the Elder's realm and begs them to form a new pact with the Circus, willingly this time. They accept, and all is well.

Part 4: The Nightmare Child

This stuff is all in the game manual, but pretty much none of it is explained in the game itself: The game is basically set in an alternate universe from the comic. This time, during the battle with the Nightmare King, the Elder succeed in killing him on Earth, but he pulls them into the void with him as he dies. Also, the King manages to lock away some of his power in a Nightmare Seed, which plants itself in the Circus and continues to corrupt the world, growing into the Nightmare Child. Without the Elder's power, the avatars get corrupted as well and become agents of chaos. Madame Raven casts about, looking for new avatars to restore the Elder's power and kill the Child. The only people she can find are a band called Wicked Jester, who had just arrived for a gig at the Coventry Roadhouse when all the chaos happened. They become the new avatars, but to completely restore their strength, they have to collect all the scattered fragments of the Elder's power (in the form of pieces of armor, which really do look as ridiculous as FirstPersonShitter described) and return to the Circus. Each avatar goes through his own chapter, themed after their Elder and his element, with the last level of each chapter being in the actual Circus, and having a boss fight with their respective corrupted former avatar. Then for the fifth chapter, you choose any one of the fully-awakened Elder, (They're all the same save for their melee and ultimate weapons, but the Celestial's are the best in both cases) fight the Child, and get rewarded with the stupidest FMV scene ever: The Elder stand on a stage waving, as all the enemies bounce around and cheer, while God Gave Rock and Roll To You plays. Fade to black, end.

The members of Wicked Jester are named Pablo Ramirez, Patrick Scott, Andy "Spades" Chang, and Gabe Gordo, as if anyone cares.

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

At least the designers didn't use KISS music as the soundtrack. I hate KISS so much. I hate them more than bees that are actively stinging me. I hate them more than a ripe fart in still air. I'd rather go apple bobbing for dead cats in a flooded cellar than go to a KISS concert. In my estimation KISS music is for people who want to be juggaloes but find ICP too edgy and hardhitting. They combine a marketing gimmick of allegedly being really really metal and such with lazily written cotton-wool muffled dad-rock.

Of course they're dad rock now, they're all over 60 by now and are definitely all dads and most of em granddads. Hard to stay shocking with a 40 year old act and a Social Security check in your pocket!

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

Install Windows posted:

Of course they're dad rock now, they're all over 60 by now and are definitely all dads and most of em granddads. Hard to stay shocking with a 40 year old act and a Social Security check in your pocket!

But they were never shocking! Ever!

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

But they were never shocking! Ever!

People were way easier to shock back then. Stick some movie stunt fake blood packets in your cheek on stage to bite down on at the right time and have your buddy mime breathing fire while holding a concealed torch and you'd have half the nation's suburban moms convinced you were using satanic powers instead of small town magician's tricks.

Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012
I'm trying to get hacx running in Chocolate Doom. If I try to follow the instructions here I get told that the "DEHACKED lump not found. Please check that this is the Hacx v1.2 IWAD." Ideas?

NovaPolice
May 9, 2006

RiffRaff1138 posted:

Alright, here's a writeup on the Psycho Circus story. I hope this helps explain...

So, where do the Insane Clown Posse and their movies fit into here? How many musicians fit into the Carnie Mythos? Are Deathtrap Dungeon's circus themes a deeper connection? What about the Genesis classic Nightmare Circus? Does Killing Time fit into the genre, or is it merely Clownpunk with tinges of dieselpunk and post-cyberpunk????? Is there a wiki or a wikia for this, or life

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Purple D. Link
May 17, 2011

HE IS THE HERO
Speaking of, how is Killing Time? I saw Youtube clips of it years ago and thought it looked interesting. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z8YUDutgtgw