Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot

goatse guy posted:

It is an E28.

I had an E28 535is last year. It was a fun weekend cruiser and absolutely gorgeous, but by no means fast. The thought of an efficiency-tuned engine and gearing in that car sounds positively awful.

Its painfully slow compared to modern standards. If you recall though, back in the 80's that was a pretty quick machine.

There is a conversion to make it a super eta, but this applies to the 325e, but I imagine that it would transfer over to that with no issue with the right parts. In fact they made a "super eta" in 1988, with a "I" head.

But if your into turbo's and poo poo, the eta can take retarded amounts of boost.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

razorscooter
Nov 5, 2008

BrokenKnucklez posted:

But if your into turbo's and poo poo, the eta can take retarded amounts of boost.

Problem solved. :getin:

2005 Lifted H2 Hummer - $26000 (Lewiston) posted:

2005 H2 Hummer. 12"FTS(Full Throttle Suspension)lift. 20" RockStar Wheels with 40" Toyo tires. K&N Cool intake, Catback Borla exhaust. Custom Fox shocks. Amp PowerStep Running Boards. Hypertech computer. Custom Hood w/ driving lights. just turned 100,000 miles. Rides nice. Gets 11mpg. $26,000.00 obo email or call or text 208-305-151nine

I think the H2 is the only car than can compete with the PT Cruiser in terms of tacky stick on accessories.

Mighty Horse
Jul 24, 2007

Speed, Class, Bankruptcy.

razorscooter posted:

Problem solved. :getin:

I think the H2 is the only car than can compete with the PT Cruiser in terms of tacky stick on accessories.

Oh, you underestimate what's available for Corvettes.

eighty-four merc
Dec 22, 2010

In 2020, we're going to make the end of Fight Club real.
http://enid.craigslist.org/cto/4119280944.html

the ad starts off innocently enough

holy poo poo bro posted:

If you do not own a toolbox, have never changed your own oil, and are scared of firearms: THIS VEHICLE IS NOT FOR YOU.
If you have been posting on facebook all about how excited you are for pumpkin latte season: THIS VEHICLE IS NOT FOR YOU.
If you get offended easy and often, whine to your co-workers, and bitch a lot: THIS VEHICLE IS NOT FOR YOU.
If you feel you are owed anything in the world & have a bullshit job where you fail to produce: THIS VEHICLE IS NOT FOR YOU.
If you own a bieber album, white oakleys, affliction t-shirts, or those candy-assed stitched-pocket jeans: THIS VEHICLE IS NOT FOR YOU.
If you consider the 2nd Amendment an anachronistic relic and have never owned a firearm: THIS VEHICLE IS NOT FOR YOU.

If, however, you have BALLS OF STEEL and consider adverse weather an excuse to do stupid poo poo: THIS IS YOUR JEEP.
Do you laugh at danger, and tempt fate?
Have you ever uttered the words, "Hold my beer and watch this ..."?
While bored at work do you pick targets at random and think, "I could hit that from here with the .22 ..."?
Have any of your friends quit hanging out because you were too much fun?
Do you have the number of a friend with cash memorized for bail?
When you pass an abandoned flatbed farm truck along a fenceline do you consider taking on another project?
Is your ol' lady really sick of the random piles of parts, greasy footprints, and empty beer bottles in the garage?
-could you not care less?
Do you have Jalopnik saved on your laptop AND smartphone?
Do you own a service manual for every vehicle you ever owned?
Do you still miss your first ride?
Can you carry on a two hour conversation discussing tools, scars, and hi-lift jacks?
Remember when tool companies had the balls to put half-naked beauty queens on their calendars?
Do you consider the Prius an abominable affront to the Gods of displacement, torque, and All Mighty Internal Combustion?

If you answered in the affirmative to the preceding: THIS IS YOUR JEEP.

rscott
Dec 10, 2009
Turboing an eta in an E28 seems like a lot of work for a car that you can fit an M30 into with ease. You can also turbo the M30 too :getin:

yyyyyy
Jan 13, 2013

by T. Finninho

13 INCH DICK posted:

I'm trying to come up with a reason not to buy this. At that price, it'd be irresponsible NOT to!

http://seattle.craigslist.org/see/cto/4117504717.html

Please keep posting awesome seattle area craigslist stuff that's within the $1-3k range, all your finds are great and I'm going to buy one of them probably, if I had the money when it was up I probably woulda bought that jag!

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

yyyyyy posted:

Please keep posting awesome seattle area craigslist stuff that's within the $1-3k range, all your finds are great and I'm going to buy one of them probably, if I had the money when it was up I probably woulda bought that jag!

If you're opening it up to a 3k limit, you have no loving idea about the rabbit hole you're staring down. How do you feel about Renault LeCars?

yyyyyy
Jan 13, 2013

by T. Finninho

13 INCH DICK posted:

If you're opening it up to a 3k limit, you have no loving idea about the rabbit hole you're staring down. How do you feel about Renault LeCars?

Hell yes

I think this makes us friends forever

Solar Coaster
Sep 2, 2009
More Seattle awesome:

http://seattle.craigslist.org/see/cto/4133275500.html

CovfefeCatCafe
Apr 11, 2006

A fresh attitude
brewed daily!
Not sure how I feel about this one:
http://akroncanton.craigslist.org/cto/4099494148.html

It's a little unclear about whether the car is actually put together or not, it seems. I wouldn't mind a bug like this, but not sure I'd want to pay $2,500 if it's still in pieces (mostly because I don't have a place to work on a car at the moment).

I would buy this in a heartbeat and DD it, unironicly of course.

Brigdh
Nov 23, 2007

That's not an oil leak. That's the automatic oil change and chassis protection feature.
1997 Jeep Cherokee

http://enid.craigslist.org/cto/4119280944.html

Gets good half way in:

quote:

If you do not own a toolbox, have never changed your own oil, and are scared of firearms: THIS VEHICLE IS NOT FOR YOU.
If you have been posting on facebook all about how excited you are for pumpkin latte season: THIS VEHICLE IS NOT FOR YOU.
If you get offended easy and often, whine to your co-workers, and bitch a lot: THIS VEHICLE IS NOT FOR YOU.
If you feel you are owed anything in the world & have a bullshit job where you fail to produce: THIS VEHICLE IS NOT FOR YOU.
If you own a bieber album, white oakleys, affliction t-shirts, or those candy-assed stitched-pocket jeans: THIS VEHICLE IS NOT FOR YOU.
If you consider the 2nd Amendment an anachronistic relic and have never owned a firearm: THIS VEHICLE IS NOT FOR YOU.

If, however, you have BALLS OF STEEL and consider adverse weather an excuse to do stupid poo poo: THIS IS YOUR JEEP.
Do you laugh at danger, and tempt fate?
Have you ever uttered the words, "Hold my beer and watch this ..."?
While bored at work do you pick targets at random and think, "I could hit that from here with the .22 ..."?
Have any of your friends quit hanging out because you were too much fun?
Do you have the number of a friend with cash memorized for bail?
When you pass an abandoned flatbed farm truck along a fenceline do you consider taking on another project?
Is your ol' lady really sick of the random piles of parts, greasy footprints, and empty beer bottles in the garage?
-could you not care less?
Do you have Jalopnik saved on your laptop AND smartphone?
Do you own a service manual for every vehicle you ever owned?
Do you still miss your first ride?
Can you carry on a two hour conversation discussing tools, scars, and hi-lift jacks?
Remember when tool companies had the balls to put half-naked beauty queens on their calendars?
Do you consider the Prius an abominable affront to the Gods of displacement, torque, and All Mighty Internal Combustion?

If you answered in the affirmative to the preceding: THIS IS YOUR JEEP.

rscott
Dec 10, 2009
That was literally posted on the same page as this one, with an actual picture of the ad

Brigdh
Nov 23, 2007

That's not an oil leak. That's the automatic oil change and chassis protection feature.

rscott posted:

That was literally posted on the same page as this one, with an actual picture of the ad

gently caress. Thats what I get for leaving threads open

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Called this guy and left a message. Needs a head gasket though, but look at it.

http://seattle.craigslist.org/est/cto/4135114170.html

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.

get this and the Biturbo and switch the engines

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!
A Coyote will fit in that Turbo Coupe. Just saying...

Drunken Lullabies
Aug 1, 2006

by Debbie Metallica

revmoo posted:

Fuuuck. I would buy that jag literally today if it was anywhere near me.

E: Who wants to try to make it across the USA in a craigslist V12 Jaguar?

If you're being serious I'm really close to that Jag and I have enough free time to do that if you pay for my flight home.

Hell, my offer is open to anyone who wants a Seattle area car. I have nothing going on for a few months. My time's free, just fund the trip.

Drunken Lullabies fucked around with this message at 10:59 on Oct 18, 2013

MrKatharsis
Nov 29, 2003

feel the bern

13 INCH DICK posted:

That one has been up for sale for a long time. Please check it out and tell us why it sucks because I really need to stop ogling it.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

13 INCH DICK posted:

Wow that's a great find 13". I'd be all over that poo poo, maybe he'd trade you straight up?

Drunken Lullabies
Aug 1, 2006

by Debbie Metallica
If anyone else is messing around on Seattle craigslist, my friend needs to find "any running auto transmission car" for $1k or less by monday. If you see any candidates, post 'em please?

Drunken Lullabies fucked around with this message at 23:40 on Oct 18, 2013

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

Drunken Lullabies posted:

If anyone else is messing around on Seattle craigslist, my friend needs to find "any running car" for $1k or less by monday. If you see any candidates, post 'em please?

This sounds like an awesome AI challenge and I look forward to seeing what comes out of it. :allears: :munch:

Edit: edit says automatic transmission, booooooooo. If he buys it Saturday, he could learn to drive stick all day Sunday.

Drunken Lullabies
Aug 1, 2006

by Debbie Metallica

Pham Nuwen posted:

This sounds like an awesome AI challenge and I look forward to seeing what comes out of it. :allears: :munch:

Edit: edit says automatic transmission, booooooooo. If he buys it Saturday, he could learn to drive stick all day Sunday.

e: looks like he is absolutely not willing to learn stick sadly. Anyone know of a good source for crown vic/marquis's around here?

Drunken Lullabies fucked around with this message at 00:50 on Oct 19, 2013

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Datsun-Other-NO-RESERVE-NISSAN-1983-nissan-720-4-cyl-z-24-5-spd-factory-4-x-4-cold-a-c-original-/300992862175

After watching Back To The Future when it came out, I really wanted at Toyota/Nissan truck. This is pretty much the best version I've seen in ages.

The pictures are incredible.

atomicthumbs posted:

Buy a Volvo 240 and pretend they're the same! :v:

I've already had four Volvos and still have an old 265 Wagon that's waiting for resurrection.

Q_res posted:

A Coyote will fit in that Turbo Coupe. Just saying...

I thought the Coyote didn't fit well enough into the fox body cars to be reasonable. I mean, it fits, but it's kinda tight. And if you're gonna put a Coyote in a fox body, make it a Mark VII or a Fairmont wagon.

That's alot of money and fabrication, but it would be amazing.

Drunken Lullabies
Aug 1, 2006

by Debbie Metallica
http://seattle.craigslist.org/sno/cto/4137809095.html

1989 Geo Metro, 50 MPG TRUCK! - $1250 (Lake Stevens)
Year: 1989
Make: Geo
Model: Metro
Engine: 3 Cylinder
Transmission: Manual 5 Speed
Average MPG: 47MPG
Interior Condition: 7/10
Exterior Condition: 7/10
The Good: Custom Geo Truck, water tight, turns heads, stays warm inside, great for hauling tools, or whatever and getting great gas mileage. lots of new parts, to many to list, nice kenwood stereo and kenwood speakers. bench seat makes it feel way roomier, very comfy and fun to drive, fully functional cobra CB with a loud PA system. radio shack radar detector. new tires, brakes good, new wipers, battery, oil changed every month on the 1st. I only run royal purple full synthetic oil and premium fram oil filters. dont want to sell but i am moving east and need 4 wheel drive. passed final emissions test recently. and got rid of the catalytic converter and put new exhaust on it and gained 2 mpg. new radiator and electric radiator fan.
The Bad: Small oil leak, clutch needs adjustment. needs new hood, drivers and passenger door, both doors work fine, just dont look to pretty, both lock, windows work, ect. also needs drivers fender. can replace these parts for you if you want to pay, also willing to paint and fix mechanical problems for extra cost. could use a new carpet kit and door panels but those are also easy fixes.
Asking: 1250 obo, or trade for small truck, 4wd MANUAL TRANS ONLY. or a 87 or newer bronco. can fix if something needs work and also willing to throw in cash on a deal.

Looks like I know what I'm buying.
(seriously, look at all of the pictures on that listing, it's all gold.)

Don't miss the radio shack radar detector, or the PA system. Or the "only selling because I'm moving east" followed by "trade for a small 4WD/manual truck or 87 bronco"

Drunken Lullabies fucked around with this message at 03:53 on Oct 19, 2013

Mighty Horse
Jul 24, 2007

Speed, Class, Bankruptcy.
Copart..where you ill advised project car goes to die after the buy here, pay here place repos it.

Yes, that H is CUT into the hood.

MrKatharsis
Nov 29, 2003

feel the bern

Drunken Lullabies posted:

If anyone else is messing around on Seattle craigslist, my friend needs to find "any running auto transmission car" for $1k or less by monday. If you see any candidates, post 'em please?

The answer is obviously:
http://seattle.craigslist.org/tac/cto/4137872254.html

bmw 1977 633csi - $500 (university place) posted:

runs and drives...call garth 2532224837
[no pic]

Drunken Lullabies
Aug 1, 2006

by Debbie Metallica

I think I should call Garth tomorrow...

blk
Dec 19, 2009

18k mile W124...with 3 owners? What the hell is going on here?

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.

blk posted:

18k mile W124...with 3 owners? What the hell is going on here?

They all lived on an island?

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

That has to be 180k.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Do those have 5-digit odometers?

If so, that's at least 318K miles.

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

Три полоски,
три по три полоски
Bulletproof Alpina

HCFJ
Nov 30, 2009

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.
Craigslist. . . gold?

"Toyota mini motor home"

Craigslist :whatup:

HCFJ fucked around with this message at 21:55 on Oct 19, 2013

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

HCFJ posted:

Craigslist. . . gold?

"Toyota mini motor home"

That's adorable.

Dr.Caligari
May 5, 2005

"Here's a big, beautiful avatar for someone"

Preoptopus posted:

Bulletproof Alpina

I assume if you need bullet-proofing it doesn't matter, but how much weight does something like that add to a car?

I'm guessing diplomats are rolling around in these?

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

HCFJ posted:

Craigslist. . . gold?

"Toyota mini motor home"

Got a link to that? Very curious about it.

HCFJ
Nov 30, 2009

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

leica posted:

I already emailed the guy about what exactly it is because I want to live in it until it dies.

HarmB
Jun 19, 2006

leica posted:

http://myrtlebeach.craigslist.org/cto/4138718179.html
http://myrtlebeach.craigslist.org/cto/4130332178.html

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Imgur is fighting my screenshot upload but what would AI think about me dumping the Vic at a slight loss and picking this up tonight? I've got both people lined up but I'm getting offered $1500 cash for the Vic, which seems to be about all the offers I'm getting.

http://seattle.craigslist.org/tac/cto/4137742645.html

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

13 INCH DICK posted:

Imgur is fighting my screenshot upload but what would AI think about me dumping the Vic at a slight loss and picking this up tonight? I've got both people lined up but I'm getting offered $1500 cash for the Vic, which seems to be about all the offers I'm getting.

http://seattle.craigslist.org/tac/cto/4137742645.html

AI WILL ALLOW THIS.