Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

What kind of movesets are people using for their Greninja? Normally I don't worry about these types of things too much and just replace moves as I find new ones I like better but I feel like his moves just aren't working and I'm considering a drastic shakeup.

The only thing I'm set on is that he's keeping Surf, but currently he also has Water Shuriken, Smack Down, and Lick.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LeafyOrb
Jun 11, 2012

WrightOfWay posted:

Without a + Speed nature Greninja won't outspeed Alakazam, Starmie, Gengar, Latios, Terrakion or Keldeo. It absolutely needs speed. Hasty or Naive is probably best.

I'd argue this is only a problem if you intend to go into competitive play, if your going to use it during the single player game or in the battle facilities go +SPA.

Either way it's super versatile.

Gensuki
Sep 2, 2011

kater posted:

Same drawbacks there always are. Missing a 50% stat boost solely because Gamefreaks don't realize their cute designs are better than their 8 year old power fantasy nonsense. Fighting isn't exactly great defensively, so Quilladin might be better off than some. Probably missing a huge amount of moves though.

1. 8 year old power fantasies in a game designed for 8 year olds.
2. Fighting is pretty good defensively, and pretty excellent offensively.
3. Stats either matter or they don't. If you like a creature more than its evolution, don't worry about stats either way.
4. You left out Eviolite as a reason to keep Quilladin. 50% bump to defenses is pretty nice, especially on Quills and his excellent defense stat.

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe

Taoto posted:

I don't know for sure on the higher difficulties, but at least on Easy, the pieces get arranged so you only need to swap each piece once to get them in place. So at the start, you can find the piece that needs to go in the top left corner, then swap it for the one actually IN the top left corner, and both pieces will be in their correct spots. Once you realize this and that the border of the puzzle is always the same color pattern, you can get your time down pretty easily.

This is also probably the fastest way to get Poke Puffs.

Do you actually need a fast way to get poke puffs? The game seems to give you far more than you could want... I have a massive array of them sitting there

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

Regy Rusty posted:

What kind of movesets are people using for their Greninja? Normally I don't worry about these types of things too much and just replace moves as I find new ones I like better but I feel like his moves just aren't working and I'm considering a drastic shakeup.

The only thing I'm set on is that he's keeping Surf, but currently he also has Water Shuriken, Smack Down, and Lick.

Surf, Dark Pulse, Ice Beam, Extrasensory. Ice Beam and Dark Pulse aren't available until after the last gym and Extrasensory is aquired in the mid 40s.

He's already faster than pretty much anything and has better Sp.Attack than physical so the Water Shuriken is a waste. Lick is a low level crap move that has no place on him. Smack Down, there are better Rock moves and again you want Special more than Physcial. He does have kinda crap moves in the mid game, and that really hurts his usability for much of the game, but once you start getting near the end Greninja will be a very powerful sweeper.

LeafyOrb
Jun 11, 2012

DoctorStrangelove posted:

Surf, Dark Pulse, Ice Beam, Extrasensory. Ice Beam and Dark Pulse aren't available until after the last gym and Extrasensory is aquired in the mid 40s.

He's already faster than pretty much anything and has better Sp.Attack than physical so the Water Shuriken is a waste. Lick is a low level crap move that has no place on him. Smack Down, there are better Rock moves and again you want Special more than Physcial. He does have kinda crap moves in the mid game, and that really hurts his usability for much of the game, but once you start getting near the end Greninja will be a very powerful sweeper.

Luckily you get surf fairly quickly mid game. I really hope we can breed water shuriken on other pokemon, it's kinda wasted on Greninja.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Okay so it sounds like what I suspected - his good moves just aren't available yet.

I don't even know why I still have Lick, I kept thinking I'd replace it with something better and then... he wasn't getting any better moves. Thanks for the advice.

Alligator Pie
Apr 26, 2008

Give away the green grass, Give away the sky

Nakar posted:

Nature depends on whether it's tanking or attacking. Stacking its Def or SpDef or raising its SpAtk you might go with a -Atk nature that boosts one of those.

Helpful info

Thank you very much for this, it was really informative! Not sure which ability I want to go with now, so I'll have to think about it. I'm just a casual player, so I guess I don't have to think too hard.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

This is my exact move set. It's really dumb that it never learns Dark Pulse naturally (or if it does, it's somewhere between levels 81-100 and that is highly unlikely).

Found a shiny Skiddo today. :toot:

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

Is there a list of all the moves that are boosted by Mega Launcher? I'm trying to figure out the value of Mega Blastoise other than having Water Pulse instead of Surf purely for the confusion chance.

Also, I guess Bulletproof just blocks Electro Ball, Egg Bomb, Sludge Bomb and... Not Bullet Seed? I'm not really sure what the deal with it is

Wordicuffs
Jun 14, 2011

Hammerite posted:

Do you actually need a fast way to get poke puffs? The game seems to give you far more than you could want... I have a massive array of them sitting there

I dunno. I found that when you play, the 3 Pokemon that participate in the event have their pet meter or whatever it is go up and their fullness go down. So I found the most efficient way was to play two games, then pet and feed the three 'mon involved. But 5 starring unlimited mode twice only provided 12 puffs, which only fed two of the Pokemon fully, so I ended up giving them all four puffs and leaving none.

Shawn
Feb 6, 2003

I yiffed two people at once and all I got was laughed at.

PonchAxis posted:

Got an adamant charmandar in wonder trade. I saw people talking highly about that nature, so is this good?

Was the OT Shonzi? I have been flooding wondertrade with Adamant Charmanders all week trying to breed a shiny. I've committed to nicknaming every single one of them and I've hit the period of diminishing returns.

I know this has already been answered, but Adamant is good for Mega Charizard X, which is why I'm breeding them.

BearDrivingTruck
Oct 15, 2011

You see the most shocking sights sometimes
I asked this earlier, but is there a way to get a Lucario with Bullet Punch before the Pokemon Bank is active?

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

Manatee Cannon posted:

This is my exact move set. It's really dumb that it never learns Dark Pulse naturally (or if it does, it's somewhere between levels 81-100 and that is highly unlikely).

Found a shiny Skiddo today. :toot:

Yeah. He really should get it around lvl. 40 or so. And while I like extrasensory on him, Dark Pulse is just much more appropriate. This won't be a big deal if Dark Pulse didn't require Waterfall and wasn't so well hidden.

Also has anyone got a decent build for substitute with him? I tried using it but the sub always ended up breaking as soon as I could pop it down.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Ha, if you take a taxi without having enough to pay for it, the driver gets pissed off and fights you. Then he's all sarcastic once he drops you off.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

BearDrivingTruck posted:

I asked this earlier, but is there a way to get a Lucario with Bullet Punch before the Pokemon Bank is active?

I believe I received a Riolu with Bullet Punch in a trade, but I didn't ask how it was bred. Edit: Confirmed, I definitely have a level 1 Adamant Inner Focus Riolu with Bullet Punch.

BearDrivingTruck
Oct 15, 2011

Shadow Ninja 64 posted:

I believe I received a Riolu with Bullet Punch in a trade, but I didn't ask how it was bred. Edit: Confirmed, I definitely have a level 1 Adamant Inner Focus Riolu with Bullet Punch.

Was it by wonder trade, or was it from someone on this site?

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

and then it hit me."

BearDrivingTruck posted:

Was it by wonder trade, or was it from someone on this site?

It was from a friend who is not a goon. If I see them streaming later, I'll ask them what they did to breed it.

BearDrivingTruck
Oct 15, 2011

Shadow Ninja 64 posted:

It was from a friend who is not a goon. If I see them streaming later, I'll ask them what they did to breed it.

If at all possible, can you see if they can hook me up with an egg or two?

myron cope
Apr 21, 2009

Also, what's the easiest way of getting an Everstone?
I read through the thread and didn't see it answered (but may have missed it), but it's in Geosenge. The house right behind (and to the left) the pokemon center. A scientist girl just hands you it.

LAY-ZX
Nov 10, 2009

Hjalmar posted:

Is there a list of all the moves that are boosted by Mega Launcher? I'm trying to figure out the value of Mega Blastoise other than having Water Pulse instead of Surf purely for the confusion chance.

Apparently Squirtle gets Dark Pulse and Aura Sphere through breeding, both of which are boosted by it. Presumably Dragon Pulse and Heal Pulse are boosted by it as well but I haven't heard of him learning either of those.

Shawn
Feb 6, 2003

I yiffed two people at once and all I got was laughed at.
So based on this thread I put up a Charmander asking for Yveltal,after a day, nothing. I decided to try Bulbasaur, aftr a day, nothing. I thought maybe it needs to be a lady Bulbasaur... within 4 hours I had a Yveltal... Who is grabbing all of these Lady Bulbasaurs for Russian brides?

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe

Wordicuffs posted:

I dunno. I found that when you play, the 3 Pokemon that participate in the event have their pet meter or whatever it is go up and their fullness go down. So I found the most efficient way was to play two games, then pet and feed the three 'mon involved. But 5 starring unlimited mode twice only provided 12 puffs, which only fed two of the Pokemon fully, so I ended up giving them all four puffs and leaving none.

Maybe I just underfeed them. The poke puffs are just so big, it looks like a big meal when they just eat one.

strap on revenge
Apr 8, 2011

that's my thing that i say
I just got the pokeradar and I am just about ready to never use it again. How the gently caress do people get chains of 40+? I get to like 2 and all the shakes look the same so my chain breaks every time

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

and then it hit me."

BearDrivingTruck posted:

If at all possible, can you see if they can hook me up with an egg or two?

If you want, I can just trade you mine. I've used a Lucario in the past so I'm not super attached to the prospect of using one again. My FC and Trainer name are in the second post of the Trading thread in PGS, so go ahead and message me or post your FC (if we're not friends already).

BearDrivingTruck
Oct 15, 2011

Shadow Ninja 64 posted:

If you want, I can just trade you mine. I've used a Lucario in the past so I'm not super attached to the prospect of using one again. My FC and Trainer name are in the second post of the Trading thread in PGS, so go ahead and message me or post your FC (if we're not friends already).

I kind of want to hatch it from an egg, so...

Thanks for offering, though.

Zhent
Oct 18, 2011

The difference between gods and daemons largely depends upon where one is standing at the time.

Hammerite posted:

Maybe I just underfeed them. The poke puffs are just so big, it looks like a big meal when they just eat one.

I have learned through wasted puffs that the animation will slow down significantly on the puff before they stop eating entirely. Also thanks for the info re: White 2, I stopped by a gamestop today to pick up the shiny. First one

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

LAY-ZX posted:

Apparently Squirtle gets Dark Pulse and Aura Sphere through breeding, both of which are boosted by it. Presumably Dragon Pulse and Heal Pulse are boosted by it as well but I haven't heard of him learning either of those.

Okay well that sounds a heck of a lot better. Seems kinda weird they didn't opt to give him an ability that boosts "Cannon" and "Pump" moves though, since he already has those. Also Flash Cannon might have actually been A Good Move this gen. Oh well, I guess Klinklang and Magnezone can still enjoy it...

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

and then it hit me."

BearDrivingTruck posted:

I kind of want to hatch it from an egg, so...

Thanks for offering, though.

Fair enough. I know for a fact my friend who traded it to me has a full list, though, and is probably not going to be deleting from it at this point.

BearDrivingTruck
Oct 15, 2011

Shadow Ninja 64 posted:

Fair enough. I know for a fact my friend who traded it to me has a full list, though, and is probably not going to be deleting from it at this point.

Could he trade an egg to you, and then you trade it to me?

Taoto
Oct 22, 2010

Hehehe... Everything's going according to plan, right?

Hammerite posted:

Do you actually need a fast way to get poke puffs?

Not really, honestly. I've been playing Tile Puzzle just to try to get as good of a score as possible, but I'm always maxed out on puffs. I mentioned it offhand just because it does seem like the fastest way to get them.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Pretty sure Blastoise can get Dark Pulse without breeding as well. Either Move Relearner or TM I think because mine has it and she's the one from Sycamore.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

and then it hit me."

BearDrivingTruck posted:

Could he trade an egg to you, and then you trade it to me?

I'll try to ask him next time I see him streaming but no promises. If you really want an egg for this, you could just breed from my Riolu, could you not?

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

McDragon posted:

Ha, if you take a taxi without having enough to pay for it, the driver gets pissed off and fights you. Then he's all sarcastic once he drops you off.

He sure doesn't sound okay. :ohdear:

BearDrivingTruck
Oct 15, 2011

Shadow Ninja 64 posted:

I'll try to ask him next time I see him streaming but no promises. If you really want an egg for this, you could just breed from my Riolu, could you not?

I'm pretty early in the game. If you can't get a hold of an egg, then I'll take yours to breed with. Thanks!

e: And go Cardinals. You're a St. Louis fan, right?

Foul Fowl
Sep 12, 2008

Uuuuh! Seek ye me?
Are you ever not ridiculously overleveled in this game?

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Strange Quark posted:

He sure doesn't sound okay. :ohdear:

What's great is that when you win, he tells you to get out of his cab, meaning you just had a full on Pokemon battle in the back of a taxi. :allears:

TheEggsBenedict
Jan 4, 2013

if i go crazy then
will you still
call me superman

Foul Fowl posted:

Yup, you just have to turn off the exp. share.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW

Zhent posted:

I have learned through wasted puffs that the animation will slow down significantly on the puff before they stop eating entirely. Also thanks for the info re: White 2, I stopped by a gamestop today to pick up the shiny. First one

You don't have to waste a puff. If they don't eat it, you can drag it back up to the poke-puff button and put it back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

Foul Fowl posted:

If you want more of a challenge, switch out team members more often and change the battle style to "set". If you're just playing using three or four guys you're going to be plowing through them like a Mega Gengar through, well, anything it wants.

• Locked thread