Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Aishan
Oct 29, 2011

SectumSempra posted:

-I don't know where the rumor started but, MISSION PAYOUT IS NOT BASED ON CONSECUTIVE PLAYTHROUGHS. After doing Mixed up with Coke a few times and one lester mission (that pays a little more and quite frankly was a bit more entertaining) THE HOST always receives the full amount and the other players receive half.
I'm fairly certain the other players hadn't done the level 65 lester mission, yet they got 10K and I got 20K
I'm not sure about it's about host either, and i've definitely seen it give lower payouts on secondary playthroughs. I think there may also be an level-check to stop lower-ranked players from getting too much.

I did one with two people last night -- Wet Work, level 60 mission -- at level 60 myself, one player at 64 and another in the low-30s. None of us had done it before, but the two of us in the right level range got the full payout, and the lower-level guy only got half.

Aishan fucked around with this message at 19:26 on Oct 19, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

holy poo poo gently caress the laser precision of enemy AI

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

Bi-Han now we've got Bad Blood

Aishan posted:

It's not about host either, and it definitely gives lower payouts on secondary playthroughs. I think there may also be an level-check to stop lower-ranked players from getting too much.

I did one with two people last night -- Wet Work, level 60 mission -- at level 60 myself, one player at 64 and another in the low-30s. None of us had done it before, but the two of us in the right level range got the full payout, and the lower-level guy only got half.

I guess fair enough. I hadn't been with people all the same level.
I'm definitely going to check again though.

hiddenriverninja posted:

On right now, looking to (still) trade race wins on criminal records.

PSN: kinjirotadokoro

I'm totally down for trading some 1-lap races in about 20 minutes or so, if someone doesn't offer before hand.

SectumSempra fucked around with this message at 19:31 on Oct 19, 2013

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

I was able to connect on PS3 a few minutes ago after a few tries but was the only one on the map which is no fun.

Laminar
Dec 11, 2006

I lost all my rp and money from last night too, but the car I bought and race wins I had were still tracked. Weird.

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

Managed to get on to a semi-full server with one other goon at least.

Simeon's high-priority vehicle should always be on the map in free roam. Soon as it's turned in or blown up, spawn another. It's not like the payout is super great for the effort, poo poo's just fun.

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

You've got to know the rules before you can break 'em. Otherwise, it's no fun.

I still can't get on GTAO on PS3.

A c E
Jun 18, 2007

Is this weird? Is this too weird? Do you need to sit down?
I love that they implemented a server status page that has to be manually updated.

Edit: http://support.rockstargames.com/hc/communities/public/questions/200325806-Introducing-Server-Status-Page

VarXX
Oct 31, 2009

A c E posted:

I love that they implemented a server status page that has to be manually updated.

Edit: http://support.rockstargames.com/hc/communities/public/questions/200325806-Introducing-Server-Status-Page

It's actually on this page at the top. I missed it at first too

http://support.rockstargames.com/hc/en-us/articles/200426246

Hakarne
Jul 23, 2007
Vivo en el autobús!

Since Base Invaders was nerfed the Lester mission Cops Capacity is probably the best money since you can sell the car at the end for 16k. I actually farmed this for a while before I got Base Invaders and developed a strategy to speed farm it and consistently use only the 4 grenades he gives you for max profit. The key to this is going really, really fast and only slowing down to ram cars and drop the grenades.

From the Dominator starting point, set your quick GPS to the cop cars, put on a mask in your car, and head over the bridge. When you cross it, slow down and line yourself up for the front of the cop car closest to you and ram it. This'll push it into the other cop car and you can blow them both up with one grenade. (Sidenote: Grenades will be tossed differently depending on your speed. If you're moving somewhat quickly you'll just drop them out of the drivers side on the ground, but if you're stopped you can actually aim and lob them forward.) Drop/throw the grenade next to the two cop cars, then back up and continue down the road in front of the bridge at high speed while resetting your quick GPS to the van. It's pretty much a straight shot to the next police station and you should be able to outrun any cops that spawn along the way.

When you get to the next station, the GPS will take you left around the front of the building to a closed gate guarded by two cops with automatic weapons that will gently caress you up. DO NOT go this way! Instead, head to the right around the back of the police station, there'll be a ramp into the parking area where the swat van is. Head down there and pull your vehicle up next to the swat van (you'll be between the van on your drivers side and the gate on your right). Drop/throw a grenade and back the gently caress up before it explodes, then head back up the ramp the way you came while resetting your GPS for the bikes. Follow the route to the bikes, they should be on your drivers side as your approach them. Veer over and ram the first bike or two head-on to clump them more, but make sure you don't hit them too hard or you'll scatter them. Pull right back onto the road and drop a grenade as you drive away, this should take them all out. If you mess it up, just pull a U-Turn and drive over the sidewalk and drop a grenade on the surviving bike. Reset your GPS for the prison bus, it should send you down a straight road to the highway.

Remember the mask you put on? Keep your inventory up while you're heading to the highway, and as soon as the cops enter search mode take it off. This'll drop you from 3 stars back down to 2 so you won't run into road blocks on the highway and there won't be a helicopter tracking you. You can still plow through the roadblocks if you don't do this, but it can slow you down a bit. From here just gun it straight down the highway to the prison, dodging cop cars as they spawn. When you get near the prison/prison bus on the highway, the median will end and you can cut left across the highway down a small embankment to a road in front of the prison. This should put you just south of the prison bus. Drive up next to the bus and drop a grenade as you roll by, going as fast as you feel you can accurately drop the grenade since there are a bunch of guards next to it that will gently caress you up if you stop. After dropping the grenade, veer right at about a 45 degree angle and crash through the gates to get out of the prison. Cut across the ditch and keep heading in this direction off-road until you lose the cops (careful not to gently caress up your car too bad in the boonies!), then head to the safehouse in your car. I like to set the GPS for it while I'm waiting to lose the cops, that way you can head to it while you're offroading.

After the mission ends, set your GPS to the mod shop which is about a 2 minute drive down the road and collect your 16k! You can also keep the car in your garage to sell later or use, it comes with a free set of bullet-proof tires! I know it seems complicated, but once you get a feel for it it's super simple and you can get it finished in about 5-6 minutes from the time you get into the dominator. It also gives some pretty decent RP. Hope this helps!

Doomsday Jesus
Oct 8, 2004

Doomsday Jesus we need you now.
If anyone wants to trade race wins tonight I usually do it on the air strip oval track. 42 second lap nets $1400.
360: kenneth22553

Garth
Jun 7, 2008
I keep seeing vehicles in pictures that have crew emblems on the doors. Are you able to pick where on the body it goes after you buy one or does it depend on what vehicle it is?

e: Speaking of Cops Capacity, if you remember where the van, bikes, and bus are, you can blow them up before the cars and completely bypass the timed section. The cops guarding them will still shoot you on sight, but at least you aren't up against the clock.

Garth fucked around with this message at 20:01 on Oct 19, 2013

A c E
Jun 18, 2007

Is this weird? Is this too weird? Do you need to sit down?

Doomsday Jesus posted:

If anyone wants to trade race wins tonight I usually do it on the air strip oval track. 42 second lap nets $1400.
360: kenneth22553

friend request sent.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Frequency Card posted:

I keep seeing vehicles in pictures that have crew emblems on the doors. Are you able to pick where on the body it goes after you buy one or does it depend on what vehicle it is?

Depends on the vehicle, which is particularly sad on some of them where a big logo on the hood would rule.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
I miss Mafiya Work and Car Jack City from GTA4 :( Is there a Cops 'n' Crooks competitive team mission thing?
And I miss the generic taunts your character had too.

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot
I'm no longer picking up ammo for weapons I own in survival.

NattyBo
Sep 20, 2004

Football Team.
Online now (PS3) and seem to have everything from last night/this morning...no problems saving currently.

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

Croccers posted:

Is there a Cops 'n' Crooks competitive team mission thing?

It's called Crooked Cops and it's a blast!

Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR
Even if I just lost a single night's worth of progress I could kind of get that, but why are my stats all the way back down to new character levels?

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

NattyBo posted:

Online now (PS3) and seem to have everything from last night/this morning...no problems saving currently.
Can you actually get into missions?
I didn't lose progress.
For those of you who did there was a about a solid 10-minutes yesterday the game kept trying to save to the cloud for about 10 minutes saying failed in a little black box on the top left, eventually it was able to and actually confirmed it in a little box as well. Im guessing if you left around that time you lost progress?

hiddenriverninja posted:

On right now, looking to (still) trade race wins on criminal records.

PSN: kinjirotadokoro

Edit: ^^ Rockstar said it was based on replays, but really what do they know? (no really, what do they know)

I can't seem to access criminal records, or any missions really atm. You can add me if anything then, Windsurferash2

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

BitBasher posted:

It's called Crooked Cops and it's a blast!
No, Crooked Cops is fighting over a briefcase.
Cops 'n' Crooks was the Crooks team had to get the Boss (An actual player) to the escape point before the Cops killed the Boss. (Or the other crappier version was the Crooks had to reach escape before the cops killed them. The Boss version was better)

NattyBo
Sep 20, 2004

Football Team.

SectumSempra posted:

Can you actually get into missions?

Yep, though I'm also looking for some of my normal goons to get on and grind RP with me on Criminal Records too, lol

Arturo Robusto
May 10, 2003

i do appreciate it but i have no use for weapons my fists pack one million volts
Setting Route 68 to a rally race with a bunch of people with no mics is awesome. All you have to do is drive straight down the road until the end but 90% of people just get extremely confused and drive off in random directions.

VarXX
Oct 31, 2009

Croccers posted:

No, Crooked Cops is fighting over a briefcase.
Cops 'n' Crooks was the Crooks team had to get the Boss (An actual player) to the escape point before the Cops killed the Boss. (Or the other crappier version was the Crooks had to reach escape before the cops killed them. The Boss version was better)

Cops and Crooks is in the files and appears to be an APB:Reloaded type thing, but it's missing from the game. Either it was cut or it's coming in some content update later on

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

ShineDog posted:

The fact that no goons use free aim really bugs me. The auto aim gameplay is awful to me.

teacup posted:

I have free aim on. Are there less people doing free aim so more difficult to find them?

I play in free aim. If you're on PS3, add mr_dread

jerkstoresup posted:

Yea it was great until the recipe for the most irritating race ever:

1. GTA Race
2. Long point to point.
3. Coupes.
4. Police on.

I was hosting a big group last night that had a handful of goons, a few people from my friend list, and a bunch of pubbies that jumped in when I forgot to close matchmaking. I (mostly) intentionally set up a terrible race to force out the guy 10-year-old that was constantly beatboxing.

GTA race
3 long laps through tiny, congested streets in the middle of the day
Sports Classics

I thought turning on cops would be overkill. Now I wish I had anyway.

Saint Jimmy
Jul 5, 2006

The mask trick doesn't work for me. I do it and I nebr lose any stars. Does it matter that it's a hockey mask?

NattyBo
Sep 20, 2004

Football Team.

NattyBo posted:

Yep, though I'm also looking for some of my normal goons to get on and grind RP with me on Criminal Records too, lol

Spoke to soon, can't load/host any missions :rolleyes:

JetsGuy
Sep 17, 2003

science + hockey
=
LASER SKATES
So I'm definitely buying GTA5, but I was thinking of buying it now rather than Christmas to get a decent jump in GTAO before the Christmas rush of new players.

Although having now lurked the last 20 pages or so, I'm getting the impression that GTAO is just going to be a living hell straight away. If the game truly is filled with high level players just spending their time griefing low/newbies sending a constant stream of muggers after them what the hell is the goddamned point?

Like the impression I've gotten from this thread is that unless you're already a high level player, you're just stuck being hosed in the rear end endlessly by guys who have access to much better poo poo.

I hope I'm wrong about that, but it just seems like it's already too late to get into GTAO. :smith:

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

Saint Jimmy posted:

The mask trick doesn't work for me. I do it and I nebr lose any stars. Does it matter that it's a hockey mask?

Hockey mask works fine. You cannot take off the masks if the cops can see you. You must do it when the stars are flashing, then you immediately lose a star.

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'

NattyBo posted:

Spoke to soon, can't load/host any missions :rolleyes:

Don't try playing until they release another patch to fix the poo poo they broke with the last patch.

NattyBo
Sep 20, 2004

Football Team.

JetsGuy posted:

So I'm definitely buying GTA5, but I was thinking of buying it now rather than Christmas to get a decent jump in GTAO before the Christmas rush of new players.

Although having now lurked the last 20 pages or so, I'm getting the impression that GTAO is just going to be a living hell straight away. If the game truly is filled with high level players just spending their time griefing low/newbies sending a constant stream of muggers after them what the hell is the goddamned point?

Like the impression I've gotten from this thread is that unless you're already a high level player, you're just stuck being hosed in the rear end endlessly by guys who have access to much better poo poo.

I hope I'm wrong about that, but it just seems like it's already too late to get into GTAO. :smith:

High level players can't bother you during missions, only during free roam, and you can host your own private free roam or do it with friends only if you want.

And I don't send muggers to do the work for me :getin:

Laminar
Dec 11, 2006

El Hefe posted:

Don't try playing until they release another patch to fix the poo poo they broke with the last patch.

I would advise this. The game is unplayable right now. If you buy something, the money is gone, but what you buy will not save.

Hakarne
Jul 23, 2007
Vivo en el autobús!

Saint Jimmy posted:

If you change out of your mask while the cops are actively pursuing you (your minimap flashing red and blue) it won't work. Make sure the wanted stars are flashing, your minimap is gray, and you can see vision cones before you change it. Also, make sure you don't put it back on or it'll undo the lost star and it won't work anymore. I use a hockey mask all the time and it works fine.

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot

NattyBo posted:

Just got my first CLoud Unavailable on Xbox today, then SAVE SUCCESSFUL a couple seconds later, then it kicked me out to SP.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Me llamo Sarah Brandolino, the eighth Castilian of this magnificent marriage.
Wow maybe it's a good thing I'm a Bad Sport now and not playing because if I did try to play my character would probably get deleted :v:

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

I just hosted a race on the military base on PS3, and completed it solo. Seems to be working for me.

I also need race wins.

JetsGuy
Sep 17, 2003

science + hockey
=
LASER SKATES

NattyBo posted:

High level players can't bother you during missions, only during free roam, and you can host your own private free roam or do it with friends only if you want.

And I don't send muggers to do the work for me :getin:

Well, I mean, free roam seems like the heart of having fun. Most of the fun I had playing GTA over all these years is causing mayhem. It's just going to be not fun at all though if I spawn in and oh look there's some cocksucker with a helicopter just raining missiles at me every time I spawn in.

I also don't understand the obsession GTA has gotten over the years in trying to force you to do more and more races. I don't like races, I only did the ONE you're forced to in the Brucie missions in GTA4. I get that some people like 'em and that's great though.

NattyBo
Sep 20, 2004

Football Team.

El Hefe posted:

Its ok for me right now, I'm just waiting for ragle to race me while I watch the Barça game lol

lizardhunt
Feb 7, 2010

agreed ->
http://m.now.msn.com/malik-whiter-florida-high-school-student-takes-selfie-with-teacher-having-contractions

Maybe I'm out of touch and don't recognize selfies as a real thing but this instantly reminded me of GTAV.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

that saving box just popped up again.
its not top left its above map.

• Locked thread