Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
potatocubed
Jul 26, 2012

*rathian noises*
Katie Power doesn't like robots.

Power Pack and Fantastic Four, Issue 4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ubergnu
Jun 7, 2002

Failed gothic

Vengeance of Pandas posted:

11th mode called Devil Ostrich.

Also, there's something not quite right about Hawkman/woman looking at egg dishes that way..

From DC Super Heroes Super Healthy Cookbook

AkumaHokoru
Jul 20, 2007

...Being added to my workout

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Pilchenstein posted:

It worked. I'm going to do whatever the hell Ghost Rider is doing right now. :v:

I think he's auditioning for one of those Life Alert advertisements.

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.
They're leg stretches. Start from where his legs are crunched up, and stretch your legs out, trying to reach the last silhouette. Then back again.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Bloodly posted:

They're leg stretches. Start from where his legs are crunched up, and stretch your legs out, trying to reach the last silhouette. Then back again.

If done correctly, it kinda looks like you're riding a bicycle. Which makes Ghost Rider the correct character to do this.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Bloodly posted:

He's just throwing a temper tantrum because he missed the Avenger's cut again and has to join the Defenders.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

ubergnu posted:

From DC Super Heroes Super Healthy Cookbook

The seventies were such a dark time for food.

Also, "Super Healthy Cookbook"? Did it include Green Lantern's deep fried Snickers also?

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
A bit too early to include John Constantine's "six pints and a pack of fags" dinner.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Dr Strange sure used to be different.

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Don't be such a squid, bro
Doc Strange is gonna headbutt that lion right in the face with that pompadour. The lion knows it.

Numero6
Oct 10, 2012

ここは地の果て 流されて俺
今日もさすらい 涙も涸れる
ブルーゲイル
His face is a mix of Beavis and Butt-Head.

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit

Random Stranger posted:

The seventies were such a dark time for food.

Also, "Super Healthy Cookbook"? Did it include Green Lantern's deep fried Snickers also?

What? What is your problem with eggs, wheat toast and wheat germ?

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

muscles like this? posted:

I think that's the other Doc Strange. Thomas, not Stephen. The one Alan Moore brought back into anyone at all's consciousness in Tom Strong and Terra Obscura.

Urdnot Fire
Feb 13, 2012

Choco1980 posted:

I think that's the other Doc Strange. Thomas, not Stephen. The one Alan Moore brought back into anyone at all's consciousness in Tom Strong and Terra Obscura.
For added confusion, his name's Thomas Hugo Strange :v:

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Numero6 posted:

His face is a mix of Beavis and Butt-Head.

I'm also getting a Cowboy Henk vibe from it.

Mister Roboto
Jun 15, 2009

I SWING BY AUNT MAY's
FOR A SHOWER AND A
BITE, MOST NATURAL
THING IN THE WORLD,
ASSUMING SHE'S
NOT HOME...

...AND I
FIND HER IN BED
WITH MY
FATHER, AND THE
TWO OF THEM
ARE...ARE...

...AAAAAAAAUUUUGH!

Before he faced Richards, he faced Little Archie.

Kellsterik
Mar 30, 2012
"Now that this toy robot has been mind-programmed, I, DOOM, shall become master of the world."

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

And thus, Doombot 0001 was born!

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Detective comics #517
Don't worry Barbara, I'm sure your legs will be fine in the future.
Oops..er.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

That lion fully realizes that he's about to get hosed up.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

Gavok posted:

Man, I'm surprised to learn there isn't a resource online for scans of classic Ripley's Believe It or Not! comics (Ripley's own site only keeps track of the last 1000 of the still daily strips). I had a perfect one in mind for this from a book my grandpa had. It detailed a man getting attacked by a lion, so his first thought is to shove his fist down it's throat. It worked. And apparently in 2007, an elderly farmer topped him in the "Men's Adventure Magazine" competition, not only thrusting his hand down the throat of his attacking lion, but then tearing the animal's tongue out! There is no word on whether either of these happenings involved a woman having her red button-down shirt torn off.

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

Say Nothing posted:

Detective comics #517
Oops..er.

This explains a lot of things that have been posted in the weird fanart thread.

DoctorPresident
Jul 21, 2012
^^^

From internet funnyman and comic connoisseur Seanbaby:

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

DoctorPresident posted:

^^^

From internet funnyman and comic connoisseur Seanbaby:

I'm glad Seanbaby is still around and kicking. Makes me feel slightly less old and shameful. :corsair:

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

prefect posted:

I'm glad Seanbaby is still around and kicking. Makes me feel slightly less old and shameful. :corsair:

He writes an article about once every month or six weeks or so on Cracked now. Unfortunately, about half of them seem to be about MMA for some reason though.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:

Choco1980 posted:

He writes an article about once every month or six weeks or so on Cracked now. Unfortunately, about half of them seem to be about MMA for some reason though.

MMA is basically comic book fights come to life. Well not as many laser beams or explosions but pretty close.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Trast posted:

MMA is basically comic book fights come to life. Well not as many laser beams or explosions but pretty close.

I don't remember Superman ever sweating profusely while holding a mostly naked red-faced guy in a leg choke.

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

Lurdiak posted:

I don't remember Superman ever sweating profusely while holding a mostly naked red-faced guy in a leg choke.

Haha, oh man, look how cool and straight we are. We're such better people than those idiots that watch sports. So much more heterosexual with our comic books too.

d00gZ
Oct 12, 2002

Original Sin Murderer
Wild Guess #627
Edward Snowden

"My sole motive is to inform the public as to that which is done in their name and that which is done against them."
I hate the "lol gay" MMA-talk trap too, but I don't think it's much like comic fights. I recognize the art and athleticism in MMA, it's just not my thing, it's too slow-paced; but it's not brightly-lit heroes and villains or grand, flashy displays by any means, certainly not in comparison to, say, wrestling. It's more like boxing. There's a lot of waiting and wars of attrition.

BooDoug187
Apr 8, 2005

Don't you fear the yetis in Rio?

Rough Lobster posted:

Doc Strange is gonna headbutt that lion right in the face with that pompadour. The lion knows it.

Gavok posted:

"Oh poo poo man... I... I didn't know that was your girl man! Please just... don't headbutt me."

Also I have to say, that Doc Strange looks more like 50's greasser biker than a doctor. Almost expect a pack of smokes rolled up in his other arm sleeve.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

BooDoug187 posted:

Also I have to say, that Doc Strange looks more like 50's greasser biker than a doctor. Almost expect a pack of smokes rolled up in his other arm sleeve.

Someone's got to invent all those miracle pills to give you muscles that they put in the back of comics back then. That's when you want Doc Strange, with a doctorate in manliness. He's also got two masters, his left fist and his right fist. Masters of punching, that is.

Marshal Radisic
Oct 9, 2012

Say Nothing posted:

Detective comics #517
Oops..er.

"So, uh...should we tell her?"
"No, no, let Shake do it, he'll know EXACTLY what to say."

"Batgirl! What the hell happened to you?!"

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Nanomashoes posted:

Haha, oh man, look how cool and straight we are. We're such better people than those idiots that watch sports. So much more heterosexual with our comic books too.

Hey, Kneejerk Stan, I wasn't making any sort of commentary about MMA's quality or sexual orientation, I was just saying that I don't really see the parallel between superheroes and MMA beyond the basics of "muscular men and women fighting". I watched wrestling for 15 years of my life, I'm not about to start calling things gay just because they involve shirtless men grappling each other.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.
mods please change my name to "Kneejerk Sam" tia.

Oh no! Caught by a park ranger! However will our hero escape this ti-

Oh... yeah.

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

Shirley, these things happen in video games. We can't get hung up on real-world morality.

d00gZ posted:

There's a lot of waiting and wars of attrition.

And then, on occasion, you'll have a dude rush in, knock his opponent out with one punch, and proceed to robot dance.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SX6-_nA0ZIk

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

I just read through Amazing Spider-Man #1

Why don't we see the spider-skiis anymore??

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
Coracle-Spidey looks so chill, what a great day out that would be.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Hakkesshu posted:

I just read through Amazing Spider-Man #1

Why don't we see the spider-skiis anymore??

I really miss Lee/Ditko era Spidey. He would do the craziest poo poo with his web, and he was kind of feared and respected by other super-heroes instead of basically being seen as Dwight from the office.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Sure the webbing could be used as a raft, but WHERE DID THE PADDLE COME FROM?

• Locked thread