Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Suben
Jul 1, 2007

In 1985 Dr. Strange makes a rap album.
Well hey, something interesting happened in joshi for once.

After Arisa Nakajima won the JWP Openweight title she was challenged by Yumiko Hotta. Arisa brought in her buddy Kana to help deal with Hotta and Kana being Kana was a total bitch but Arisa, being her buddy and focused on Hotta, overlooked it until Kana turned on her and challenged her for the title at Korakuen Hall.

Well the show went off and Kana managed to take the title from Nakajima. Not only that but she apparently bragged about afterwards about taking JWP's "heart". This was also at a Plum Mariko memorial show.

To be honest I'm not a fan of Kana at all but apparently by all accounts the crowd was absolutely pissed off in a good way. They hate Kana, Kana came in on a night honoring a woman who literally gave her life for the company, took their belt, then spit on the promotion so if it means Arisa chasing for the title while Kana knocks off a series of JWP challengers (Bolshoi, probably defenses against Haruyama/Kuragaki, maybe a Hanako Nakamori defense) and JWP having an actual, genuine heel that crowds want to see beaten then it's a good move.

Also Nakamori and Morii won the tag titles which is cool because HM is cool.

STARDOM is having bad luck with its rookies it seems. Yui Yokoo's out 6+ months with knee surgery and Sumire Yoshino apparently just flat out started no-showing so she's been fired. And she's not a rookie I think but Natsumi Showzuki resigned as well due to being out indefinitely with an injury. On the bright side, Act is back! On the down side she turned on KKSD... to join Kimura's kind of lame stable Monster-gun. :sigh:

Also Nagaharu Imai passed away recently due to cancer. He was AJW's ring announcer in the '90s and spent the last few years as the ring announcer for BJW.

Suben fucked around with this message at 06:49 on Aug 20, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
I like the Heath Ledger Joker face makeup look Kana had going on:

Suben
Jul 1, 2007

JWP Jr./P.O.P. champ Manami Katsu challenged Kana for the belt on 9/16 and Kana accepted. Tsubasa Kuragaki's leaving to go freelance after her 15th anniversary show on 10/14 with her last match as part of the roster most likely against Kayoko Haruyama. Also Morii's out indefinitely with a fractured wrist which sucks; she's solid and put in a lot of hard work to move out of the limbo of a go nowhere midcard stable.

Maki Narumiya's returning to Ice Ribbon for the Korakuen Hall show on 8/25. Also the ICEx60 title is now the ICEx∞ Championship; Fujimoto's the champ and Shida/Fujimoto have one of their "uh, what do we do with these belts?" tag reigns. I'm surprised that IR's still around at this point and that they're still going to try running Korakuen but whatever, at least that's got a Hamada vs. Tsukushi match that will probably be pretty cool (please go to JWP or Stardom or something Tsukushi).

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004
Back in America, Candice LeRae had herself a fun weekend.

I Love My Axe
Dec 30, 2009

Let's go Blue Pants!
That must've been a bitch to wash out of her hair.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
Here some ladies iPPV wrasslin for this weekend:

SHINE posted:

SHINE Wrestling presents
SHINE 13
Friday, September 27th, 2013
Bell Time - 9 PM
The Orpheum
1915 E. 7th Avenue
Ybor City, FL

Already Signed:

Live Event Hostess - Chasity Taylor

SHINE Championship Match
SHINE Champion Rain w/ April Hunter vs. Angelina Love

Plus More Featuring:

Valkyrie of Ivelisse, Allysin Kay & Taylor Made
Amazing Kong
Jessicka Havok
Mia Yim
Leva
Mercedes Martinez
Kimberly
Santana
Su Yung
Amber O'Neal
The All Star Squad of Nikki Roxx, Solo Darling & Daffney
Sassy Stephie
Leah Von Dutch
Jessie Belle
Taeler Hendrix
The Debuting Nikki Storm
The Debuting Xandra Bale
The Debuting Nevaeh
http://wwnlive.com/event-shine-09-27-13.html

oh and PWS:

PWS posted:

Bombshell Ladies Of Wrestling 7 streams live from Iselin, NJ and
Saturday the 28th at 6pm
features
Angelina Love vs. Riot
The Backseat Girlz (Annie Social & Missy Sampson) vs. La Rosa Negra & Amazing Kong
S.I.N. (Alexis Nevaeh & Jessie Kaye) vs. Freaks & Geeks (Mistress Belmont & Veda Scott)
Melissa Coates & Craig Steele vs. Silvie Silver & Lucifer Darksyde
Sumie Sakai vs. Leilani Kai
Jennifer Cruz vs. Amber Rodriguez
Luscious Latasha vs. Vanity

http://highspots.tv/ippv-bombshell-ladies-of-wrestling-7-09-28-2013/

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END
Lucifer Darksyde is the best worst name I've ever seen and oh my god he's 500 pounds and does moonsaults

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AQfJSa6PK7s

God Of Paradise
Jan 23, 2012
You know, I'd be less worried about my 16 year old daughter dating a successful 40 year old cartoonist than dating a 16 year old loser.

I mean, Jesus, kid, at least date a motherfucker with abortion money and house to have sex at where your mother and I don't have to hear it. Also, if he treats her poorly, boom, that asshole's gonna catch a statch charge.

Please, John K. Date my daughter... Save her from dating smelly dropouts who wanna-be Soundcloud rappers.
Call me old fashioned. But when I see a cute girl covered in that much real blood, it kind of makes my stomach turn.

Do fans of Joshi or women's wrestling react differently to blade jobs or hardcore matches? Or do most of you all view it as "same as the boys?" What's the general opinion?

I've seen Kudo/Toyoda matches in FMW that were good enough that the blood didn't bother me. But then again I've seen Lufisto covered in glass-tube cuts or this pic of Candice LaRae that just make me sickened.

God Of Paradise fucked around with this message at 11:07 on Sep 28, 2013

Suben
Jul 1, 2007

It doesn't bother me really. My favorite tag team is LCO and their matches in their heyday were basically nothing BUT bloody brawls. I'm fine with, say, a regular blade job in a brawl or something but in wrestling in general I can't really stomach poo poo like 10,000 Electrified Barbwire Razorblade Lighttube matches that you see in places like BJW, FMW, CZW, etc.

Solomonic
Jan 3, 2008

INCIPIT SANTA
Suben's pretty on-the-mark with LCO; my first experience with blood in joshi was seeing Mima Shimoda get hit with a chain during a match (I think it was with Ozaki) and just erupt, like it was puddling on the mat around her. I found it really uncomfortable to watch, and even though I finished the match, I cringed the whole time.

After a while I got more used to it and took the 'same as the boys' approach, though. Hokuto/Kandori at Dreamslam I was what really did it for me; it's gory as poo poo but it's also an awesome match, one of my favorites of all time, and the tremendous amount of Hokuto's blood in it helped the story and the spectacle. Kind of in the same way that Stone Cold being busted open added to the finale of his match with Bret at Wrestlemania 13. From that point on, it didn't really bother me anymore.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

My favourite Joshi wrestler has always been Bull Nakano, so I was desensitized to blood pretty quickly.

Suben
Jul 1, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vowFLJj1sDI

Some footage of some new Stardom trainees (in order: Maya, Koguma, Asuka, and Yuna). No clue when they'll debut and I wonder how many of them will actually stick around.

Actually the most surprising thing about that is Asuka's perfect English. Her goal apparently is to be a WWE Diva and I'd imagine that on the incredibly rare chance WWE actually does ever get a Japanese woman speaking English would easily shoot her up to the top of the list.

It's a shame basically nothing from any promotion has gotten out this year. Apparently even Korakuen stuff has had trouble getting on Samurai and that was basically the only stuff that actually does get on TV outside of OZ Academy.

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004
SHIMMER taped volumes 58-61 this weekend. As I type this Volume 61 is still going, but I saw this pic from Volume 59. Kimber Lee vs Kana.

God drat.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

DM Punk posted:

SHIMMER taped volumes 58-61 this weekend. As I type this Volume 61 is still going, but I saw this pic from Volume 59. Kimber Lee vs Kana.

God drat.

Wow, somehow Kana got scarier.

I Love My Axe
Dec 30, 2009

Let's go Blue Pants!
So, uh, this happened too.

God Of Paradise
Jan 23, 2012
You know, I'd be less worried about my 16 year old daughter dating a successful 40 year old cartoonist than dating a 16 year old loser.

I mean, Jesus, kid, at least date a motherfucker with abortion money and house to have sex at where your mother and I don't have to hear it. Also, if he treats her poorly, boom, that asshole's gonna catch a statch charge.

Please, John K. Date my daughter... Save her from dating smelly dropouts who wanna-be Soundcloud rappers.
Is Christina Von Eerie any good now?

Solomonic
Jan 3, 2008

INCIPIT SANTA

God Of Paradise posted:

Is Christina Von Eerie any good now?

I enjoy her Stardom work. It's interesting; I don't particularly like von Eerie or Kimura on their own, but I like their tag matches. They just click well with each other.

The next Grudge movie will feature Kana crawling out of the closet and putting Sarah Michelle Gellar in the crossface chickenwing.

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004
CVE is best in tag teams with MsChif. On her own she's pretty meh. But, not many women will go hardcore like she does anymore, so you can always count on her to bleed.

I Love My Axe
Dec 30, 2009

Let's go Blue Pants!
Melissa got busted open and ended up getting ten stitches.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

DM Punk posted:

CVE is best in tag teams with MsChif. On her own she's pretty meh. But, not many women will go hardcore like she does anymore, so you can always count on her to bleed.

Most women bleed?

I bought the last WSU and came to several conclusions:
1. The stream sucked rear end. Jittery required constant refreshing.
2. Rob Feinstein is a thin skinned dick.
3. DJ Hyde as the co-owner is kinda cool, mostly for the BJW connection(which has ties to several Joshi promotions)
4. The in-ring product is better than SHINE but not nearly as good as SHIMMER's.
5. The venue needs a better lighting setup.

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004

coconono posted:

Most women bleed?

I bought the last WSU and came to several conclusions:
1. The stream sucked rear end. Jittery required constant refreshing.
2. Rob Feinstein is a thin skinned dick.
3. DJ Hyde as the co-owner is kinda cool, mostly for the BJW connection(which has ties to several Joshi promotions)
4. The in-ring product is better than SHINE but not nearly as good as SHIMMER's.
5. The venue needs a better lighting setup.

The problem with the Skate Zone in Vorhees is, its too big for a wrestling show that barely gets 100 people. It looks bad to be in this huge building with so few people in the seats. Even most CZW shows look bad because of it. When they had the nicer setup with the big backdrop, and darker lighting, it looked so much better. I doubt RF video will ever put that much effort into the setup though.

Also, SHINE is usually very good. I'd say its better than WSU at this point, but WSU is getting better. And yeah, nothing will ever beat out SHIMMER's roster. SHIMMER is basically a female PWG. Or PWG is a (mostly) male SHIMMER.

TheHock
Jul 3, 2008

I have altered my retirement plans. Pray I do not alter them any further.

Melissa busted open.

Portia Perez spent the entire weekend gathering (and subsequently losing) new pieces of entrance gear. They kept her and Nicole apart most of the weekend providing an out for their possible split, given that Nicole got a WWE tryout last week. Veda Scott has also gotten TNA and WWE matches in the last week, that's why she wasn't on the Sunday cards.

The shows never really felt lacking, but were missing a lot of key players (including Hamada, who couldn't get into the US from Mexico, so the shows ended up being rebooked a half dozen times on Saturday and Sunday).

Melissa missed her first match in 61 volumes to get stitches. Su Young suffered a pretty nasty concussion, but was still planning on working another show on Sunday.

Some other good matches. The weekend MVP was Madison Eagles for sure. I'm still decompressing after a long drive home.

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004
From all account, Mia Yim really stepped up. And Eagles is just Madison Eagles, so she's always one of the best in the world. Kana vs Kimber Lee and Kana vs Allysin Kay sounded like must see matches.

TheHock
Jul 3, 2008

Yeah, Mia had a couple really good matches, and brought the energy up in the room quite a bit. I don't think there's another face in SHIMMER right now that has better interactions with the crowd.

Kana/Kimber Lee was really impressive in how much Kimber exceeded expectations in going kick for kick with Kana. It was a really solid match. I was disappointed with Kana/Kay, but I'll have to watch it back whenever the DVDs come out.

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004
Kimber Lee is legit badass. Getting trained by Gulak and being the only girl at the time at the CZW school helped. Her work in WSU, CZW, and especially AIW has been really solid.

I Love My Axe
Dec 30, 2009

Let's go Blue Pants!
If anybody's interested here's my pics from volume 58.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/94990151@N04/sets/72157636817254115/

TheHock
Jul 3, 2008

Thanks! If you happen to have a good picture of my Chris Jericho get-up, could you let me know?

I Love My Axe
Dec 30, 2009

Let's go Blue Pants!
I'll look for it :)

coconono
Aug 11, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

DM Punk posted:

Kimber Lee is legit badass. Getting trained by Gulak and being the only girl at the time at the CZW school helped. Her work in WSU, CZW, and especially AIW has been really solid.

I like her and Mia Yim quite a bit. They're like super murder babes.

I Love My Axe
Dec 30, 2009

Let's go Blue Pants!

TheHock posted:

Thanks! If you happen to have a good picture of my Chris Jericho get-up, could you let me know?

This it?

I have it in giant-size if you want it bigger for whatever reason.

TheHock
Jul 3, 2008

Yes! Thanks!

I seem to be questioning a lot of my life choices in this photo....

I Love My Axe
Dec 30, 2009

Let's go Blue Pants!
Crazy Mary Dobson doesn't give a poo poo about gravity.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
oh poo poo its Shine Time!!

wwnlive.com and poo poo

SHINE Wrestling presents
SHINE 14
Friday, October 25th, 2013
Bell Time - 9 PM
The Orpheum
1915 E. 7th Avenue
Ybor City, FL

Already Signed -

Live Event Hostess Chasity Taylor

SHINE Championship Match
Rain w/ April Hunter defends vs. Hiroyo Matsumoto

SHIMMER Tag Team Championship Match
3G of Kellie Skater & Tomoka Nakagawa defend vs. Valkyrie of Allysin Kay & Ivelisse w/ April Hunter

Last Woman Standing
Jessicka Havok vs. Saraya Knight

International Dream Match #1
Amazing Kong vs. Madison Eagles

International Dream Match #2
Shanna vs. Mia Yim vs. Savannah Summers

International Dream Match #3
Nikki Storm vs. Nikki Roxx w/ Daffney

Mercedes Martinez vs. Kimberly

Leva & The American Sweethearts of Santana & Amber O'Neal vs.
The S-N-S Express of Sassy Stephie, Nevaeh & Jessie Belle Smothers

Su Yung vs. Solo Darling w/ Daffney

Daryl Surat
Apr 6, 2002

I don't care what you say about this post, but if anyone steps on my bunion, I'll kill them!

coconono posted:

oh poo poo its Shine Time!!

wwnlive.com and poo poo

SHINE Wrestling presents
SHINE 14

Already Signed -

Su Yung vs. Solo Darling w/ Daffney

I've never seen a Shine show because every time there's a Shine exhibition match at an indy show I attend around here, it's been really sloppy. Case in point: the most recent FIP show from a few weeks ago (which itself is on WWNLive) had Solo Darling vs Mia Yim, Leva Bates and Su Yung. That was most likely the worst match of the night (aside from whatever bullshit The Scene did), but now that I see that main event (EDIT: I misread, it's the opener) I just HAVE to know:

What is Solo Darling's gimmick in Shine supposed to BE, exactly? Is it that she's sustained too many blows to the head and is now basically like Eugene from WWE? I tried looking her up on Youtube, and all the videos it returned were of her doing normal promos, but in FIP/Shine she appears to be Special Ed from Crank Yankers. Between that, the ringwork, and her entrance music it was wholly irritating such that I had hoped anybody but her would win (so naturally she won), and if that's just how she operates in Shine then count me out.

DM Punk posted:

She's not terrible in the ring, but nothing about her is amazing either.

This is basically how I feel about Shine, Shimmer, WXW, etc in the overall sense since I'm spoiled on 80s-90s AJW/JWP. :-/

Daryl Surat fucked around with this message at 21:00 on Oct 28, 2013

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004
Solo Darling is a young up and comer who was hand picked by Daffney to be in her rear end. I mean, her "All Star Squad". At the SHINE show on Friday, she dressed up as Shark Girl, one of Daffney's old masked gimmicks. She's just super goofy and seems to be high or drunk all the time. She's not terrible in the ring, but nothing about her is amazing either.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z45RcCEhgJ4

coconono
Aug 11, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
That was a good SHINE. Solo had a cool opener as SharkGirl.

Plus there was twerking.

Suben
Jul 1, 2007

Arisa won back the JWP belt from Kana. Now she's got a match on Stardom's 12/29 Korakuen Hall show against Io Shirai, title vs. title. So count on a time limit draw.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
last SHINE iPPV they had streaming issues so they shitcanned the iPPV entirely. Not sure if refunds are going to be offered or what.

What little I saw of it was fun and there was twerking.

Suben
Jul 1, 2007

Some highlights of Hanako Nakamori vs. Takako Inoue, Dash Chisako/Sendai Sachiko vs. Leon/Ray, and Nakajima vs. Kana. I hope it's not too long before the full show airs/gets out because I really want to see the two title matches.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UGPYI7-fpE4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Suben posted:

Some highlights of Hanako Nakamori vs. Takako Inoue, Dash Chisako/Sendai Sachiko vs. Leon/Ray, and Nakajima vs. Kana. I hope it's not too long before the full show airs/gets out because I really want to see the two title matches.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UGPYI7-fpE4
The sound of those headbutts were sickening :stare:

• Locked thread