Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

I've got it: Atari 2600 belt buckles. Not the controllers, I mean an actual Atari 2600.

ORIGINAL IDEA DO NOT STEAL

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xandu
Feb 19, 2006

It's hard to be humble when you're as great as I am.

Zybourne Clock posted:

there's a store that specializes in atheist footwear.

And they raised over 50k.

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

Bad Munki posted:

I've got it: Atari 2600 belt buckles. Not the controllers, I mean an actual Atari 2600.

The controllers are a better idea because of their erectness.

Dogwood Fleet
Sep 14, 2013

Blade_of_tyshalle posted:

Having an actual controller hanging off my pants would be lovely and uncomfortable.

The original NES controller was lovely and uncomfortable so I guess they're going for authenticity here.

FoxTerrier
Feb 15, 2012

Perfectly logical poster who uses the tools available to him to come to solid conclusions

Zybourne Clock posted:

I'm very susceptible to feelings of substitutive shame. When someone does something cringe-worthy without feeling ashamed or embarrassed, I experience that shame in their stead. This is a KickStarter for Atheist Baby Shoes, and I felt so embarrassed for the people in this video that I had to turn it off at the three minute mark. Not only is there such as thing as 'atheist baby shoes', there's a store that specializes in atheist footwear. I wonder if they sell miniature baby fedoras too.

That's a shame, because if you turned it off then you missed the musical portion. It starts at about 5:30, and is exactly as astonishingly cringeworthy magical as you'd expect.

(And hey, for 2 pounds you can get a download of the entire song to share with friends and family! What a reward! )

EDIT: Upon further investigation, that's actually one of the least cringeworthy rewards. They really need to stop trying to be funny it just...really isn't working.

FoxTerrier has a new favorite as of 22:19 on Oct 21, 2013

JDM3
Jun 26, 2013

Best $10 bux I ever spent on a total stranger.. who happens to be a fucking douchetube.

Bad Munki posted:

You forgot to add TM.

"Yoink" - consider it stolen...

I'm taking the idea for the controller as the buckle, completely getting rid of the console (because now the whole thing fits on a chip the size of a baby chiclet) and having it play on your google glasses.

The downside is that it will look like you're constantly jacking off, but you'll have so much fun playing all 422 different versions of pong.

SaviourX
Sep 30, 2003

The only true Catwoman is Julie Newmar, Lee Meriwether, or Eartha Kitt.

Zybourne Clock posted:

You have 18 cats and a video camera, what do you do? You make a series of short films, of course. The creators have already filmed 20 out of their projected 30 movies, and they're all available on YouTube for free. In order to make the rest, they're going to need 30,000 dollars. Mostly to replace the furniture and possessions their 18 cats and 11 dogs have destroyed in the past few years. I also like how defeatist their KickStarter page is.

Goal aside, this is so very low budget awesome. Subscribed to their youtube anyway, just to look for any signs of toxoplasmosis. That, and :kittiesss:.

turnip kid
May 24, 2010
Has-beens Orgy riding that "flexible funding" wave:

http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/orgy-music

$7,500 of $100,000 raised. A little over two days to go. Kind of sad. They're now running damage control on their Facebook:

quote:

The fact that a few haters are posting such childish remarks makes you wonder what created this kind of attitude. (it doesn't take much imagination to figure out who is wasting so much time trying to spread hateful messages.) Simple answer is jealousy and stupidity. The band is very grateful for any and all contributions made on Indiegogo. They didn't fail they asked for what would help them do a strong radio and marketing campaign. The record is coming along great and sounds awesome. Hey childish haters get ready because the new music will speak for itself no doubt.

:(

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

lil mortimer posted:

Has-beens Orgy riding that "flexible funding" wave:

http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/orgy-music

$7,500 of $100,000 raised. A little over two days to go. Kind of sad. They're now running damage control on their Facebook:

:(

God this is painful. I can only recall one song and that was a cover of a much better as an original version by New Order anyway. I suppose they were "ahead of their time" in a bad emo glam that's so cool with the Blood on the Dance Floor kids kinda way

ranbo das
Oct 16, 2013

Atheist Baby Shoes Kickstarter posted:

We'll also be making a vegan-friendly version, which you can order the same way as the others - check out the £45 reward to the right!

I feel like vegan atheist baby shoes is a punchline to some terrible joke, not a product.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

ranbo das posted:

I feel like vegan atheist baby shoes is a punchline to some terrible joke, not a product.

This is it, we've hit Trust Fund Critical Mass. It's only downhill from here, because that's where my organic heirloom kale farm's carbon-negative irrigation system sends its locally-sourced water toward.

opaopa13
Jul 25, 2007

EB: i'm in a rocket pack and i am about to blast off into space. it should be sweet.

ranbo das posted:

For sale: vegan atheist baby shoes, never worn, cruelty-free!

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
They've been posted before, but how can shoes be atheist? Did nobody design them?

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Mr. Squishy posted:

They've been posted before, but how can shoes be atheist? Did nobody design them?

There is no god but man a cobbler. :colbert:

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
I have a feeling that 99% of the people buying those shoes are "gently caress you dad, you can't make me go to church!" atheists.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

I think you might be lowballing that a little.

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood

deadly_pudding posted:

This is it, we've hit Trust Fund Critical Mass. It's only downhill from here, because that's where my organic heirloom kale farm's carbon-negative irrigation system sends its locally-sourced water toward.

Is that locally-sourced water conflict free? I can't support an agricultural product that contributes to the coming water wars. You should ask the people downstream of you how they're doing.

Wandering Knitter
Feb 5, 2006

Meow

A Fancy 400 lbs posted:

I have a feeling that 99% of the people buying those shoes are "gently caress you dad, you can't make me go to church!" atheists.

The best part is that if I saw a baby wearing those shoes I wouldn't connect it with atheism at all. Maybe a strange way of saying "I love Mommy/Daddy/Boobs", but that's it.

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Plaguing your posts with incidental music.

Mr. Squishy posted:

They've got ATHEIST printed in the foot I guess so you can smugly parody that lovely Footsteps poem?

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008

TetsuoTW posted:

I think you might be lowballing that a little.

There's always joke purchases.

Tubgirl Cosplay
Jan 10, 2011

by Ion Helmet

A Fancy 400 lbs posted:

There's no way those guys moms account for only 1% of sales.

MrAptronym
Jan 4, 2007

"...And then there was Bitcoin."
You know, I often have though "My shoes are too representative of theism; they have soles!" or perhaps "I need another way to stick it to all those god-lovers." I am actually tempted to buy a pair if they are hand-made leather shoes. Its such a hilariously dumb idea, it ends up being like those shirts from 'the mountain' with pugs in swat gear. I am too afraid someone would take me seriously if I wore them though.

I am an atheist, but I do not understand why these people need to shove it in everyone's face all the time. I figured most atheists would be of the 'leave me alone, I'll leave you alone' variety. If you are unhappy about how religion gets tossed in your face all the time, why would you decide to do exactly the same thing? This isn't like fighting against creationism in schools, this is just smug for the sake of smug.

Shanghaied
Oct 12, 2004

BIG PAD

MrAptronym posted:

"My shoes are too representative of theism; they have soles!"

Good one.:golfclap:

Drunk Tomato
Apr 23, 2010

If God wanted us sober,
He'd knock the glass over.
It's basically just an extension of the horrible "white middle class men are the truly oppressed" attitude that's prevalent among late teens and early twenty somethings nowadays. They feel like, because life is sooo hard, they need an enemy, something powerful that they need to "fight nobly". For most of them religion is the easy target; religion is seen as a more conservative ideal because it is decreasing so rapidly amongst youth.

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

"Sooner or later, every curse is a prayer."

neongrey posted:

They've got ATHEIST printed in the foot I guess so you can smugly parody that lovely Footsteps poem?

Might as well appeal to the many, many Libertarian Atheists while we're at it: "During my most trying times, there were still only one set of foot prints, because I don't need anyone to carry me." :smug:

JDM3
Jun 26, 2013

Best $10 bux I ever spent on a total stranger.. who happens to be a fucking douchetube.

Anoia posted:

Might as well appeal to the many, many Libertarian Atheists while we're at it: "During my most trying times, there were still only one set of foot prints, because I don't need anyone to carry me." :smug:

Wouldn't atheist bootstraps be a better Kickstarter project for Libertarians?

Mosaic Perception
Sep 18, 2009

by XyloJW

Drunk Tomato posted:

It's basically just an extension of the horrible "white middle class men are the truly oppressed" attitude that's prevalent among late teens and early twenty somethings nowadays. They feel like, because life is sooo hard, they need an enemy, something powerful that they need to "fight nobly". For most of them religion is the easy target; religion is seen as a more conservative ideal because it is decreasing so rapidly amongst youth.

I grew up as an Atheist in a very religious community and have no problem shoving it someone's face if I feel it will make them uncomfortable because given the opportunity they'd do the same thing to me. They'd actually take it further than that given the chance. It's not to be smug it's to let militant and oppressive theist know they aren't winning.

DStecks
Feb 6, 2012

Mosaic Perception posted:

I grew up as an Atheist in a very religious community and have no problem shoving it someone's face if I feel it will make them uncomfortable because given the opportunity they'd do the same thing to me. They'd actually take it further than that given the chance. It's not to be smug it's to let militant and oppressive theist know they aren't winning.

I actually post in this thread a lot and manage to not mention that I'm very deeply religious. I don't even feel the need to kickstart baby shoes to stick it to some vaguely defined other group.

I also don't deliberately make people feel uncomfortable, because I'm not a raging jackass. :v:

vvvvv

MrYenko posted:

The militant atheist is somehow more annoying to me than the evangelical Christian.

I'm not sure if you're talking in general or specifically referring to me and Mosaic, but I'm actually a Mennonite.

DStecks has a new favorite as of 19:42 on Oct 23, 2013

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

DStecks posted:

I actually post in this thread a lot and manage to not mention that I'm very deeply religious. I don't even feel the need to kickstart baby shoes to stick it to some vaguely defined other group.

I also don't deliberately make people feel uncomfortable, because I'm not a raging jackass. :v:

The militant atheist is somehow more annoying to me than the evangelical Christian.

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.

Great job attributing motives to people and punishing them for things they haven't done.

What I'm trying to say is, you're a dick, it's got nothing to do with your religious beliefs.

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

I think we can agree that both atheist and religious jackasses exist and it has nothing to do with their religion (or lack thereof) and it just happens to be the tool they sometimes use to carry out their jackassery.

DStecks
Feb 6, 2012

Machai posted:

I think we can agree that both atheist and religious jackasses exist and it has nothing to do with their religion (or lack thereof) and it just happens to be the tool they sometimes use to carry out their jackassery.

Exactly this. People can be jackasses, but very few people see themselves as jackasses, so they need ways to rationalize it, to minimize their cognitive dissonance.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

It's not be smug, it's to fuel my persecution complex :smug:.

Elephantgun
Feb 13, 2010

Are You A Bathroom Bomber?

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/59121651/the-bathroom-bomber-novelty-toilet-bowl-sticker-se?ref=home_location

I hate this so much.

Tubgirl Cosplay
Jan 10, 2011

by Ion Helmet
People stick twee Jesus poo poo on their babies all the time and while "Ever heard of a book called The God Delusion?" is a lot less adorable than Christ cuddling your little angel while some lambs or some poo poo look on even non-Christians probably don't do that kind of thing specifically to offend you.

Up to the buyer to create their own Hiroshima-esque scene of carnage down below, I take it.

Don't hate this, though; consider the guy who is going to buy and wear that T-shirt. Now you will have an early warning about that guy. Y'know, aside from the smell.

Tubgirl Cosplay has a new favorite as of 19:56 on Oct 23, 2013

...of SCIENCE!
Apr 26, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Literally every piece of research into human behavior has shown that being an abrasive, confrontational dick to people just makes them more defensive and entrenched in their beliefs. It turns out it is you who is, in fact, acting irrationally :smug:

ranbo das
Oct 16, 2013

That coin is hideous.

Also, shoving anything in anyone's face is probably going to make them hate it and probably lash back, so that's always a great thing to do.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

MrAptronym posted:

"My shoes are too representative of theism; they have soles!"
That one joke is already more thoughtful and appealing than militant atheist baby shoes.

No one is oppressing atheists. If you feel like you're being oppressed, it's probably mostly because people don't like assholes.

sub supau has a new favorite as of 20:45 on Oct 23, 2013

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
I think it sucks to use your kids as a billboard to convey any opinion you happen to have.

edit:
help me buy more drugs make a minecraft show
jump to 30 sec in the video

unpacked robinhood has a new favorite as of 21:14 on Oct 23, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Snuffles was my slave name.
You shall now call me Snowball; because my fur is pretty and white.

Please source your quotes.