Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Black Bo[X]
Feb 18, 2001

MeramJert posted:

That's the way I understand it, too. Also, there seems to be 1 shot to get grandfathered overpowered characters. They're changing it so each ability has 5 levels, but you can only ever get 13 upgrade points. But right now you can upgrade 3 different abilities to level 16 each, which will get bumped up to level 5 once the patch hits.

I'm curious how they'll handle covers in your inventory when they switch over, seeing as how you'll only need 5 (down from 20) to fully upgrade an ability.

Black Bo[X] fucked around with this message at 19:52 on Oct 21, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vulturesrow
Sep 25, 2011

Always gotta pay it forward.
Anyone had success (or other) with customer support? I submitted a ticket last night via the help menu about my issue with not getting my prize cover and still have yet to receive any sort of response.

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

Proudly serving the Ruinous Powers since as a veteran of the long war.
College Slice

"Black Bo[X posted:

" post="420777950"]
I'm curious how they'll handle covers in your inventory when they switch over, seeing as how you'll only need 5 (down from 20) to fully upgrade an ability.

I just started out, so does that mean I shouldn't even be playing right now?

Black Bo[X]
Feb 18, 2001

Thundercracker posted:

I just started out, so does that mean I shouldn't even be playing right now?

No reason not to play now, but you may want to consider using ISO-8 to level your abilities and saving your covers/Hero Points, especially since they will be reducing the number of covers available in the prologue missions.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

If you're just starting you probably don't have much space to hoard covers though.

I'd actually pile up the ISO instead and spend covers to get over 6/11 in the skills - the ISO will give you access to more covers, and each time you upgrade skills you're gonna have a level cap increase of 5, which is a chunk of ISO to get back to cap. I wouldn't worry too hard about the covers from the prologue since even if they remove 75% of the covers from the missions you'd still have enough to get a max skill Iron Man/Widow/Hawkeye/Storm Modern.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Taking a break from versus stuff so I can push through more of the story missions. Looks like Wolverine ** starts to drop in the Dark Avengers chapter.

I'm afraid to do that particular mission again though. Those MafiaMaggia thugs hit hard!

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

There's at least two missions in that chapter that drop Wolverine!

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
Does one drop Wolverine Yellow? I found one with Green and Red.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

I see two missions that drop Wolverine, but both of them drop Green and Red only. There's "The Maggia" and "Call Him Ragnarok" but I haven't unlocked the two missions past "Daken and Venom" yet, so I don't know if there's more.

seravid
Apr 21, 2010

Let me tell you of the world I used to know
For some reason, Helium says I'm not allowed to backup this game. If something bad were to happen to my tablet, would I lose all my progress? Doesn't seem like the game has cloud-saving.

Starrett
Mar 22, 2006

Forum Oddity
you can link it to your facebook for that.

particle409
Jan 15, 2008

Thou bootless clapper-clawed varlot!
1. So a bunch of people have level 30 Spider-Man / Thor / Original Black Widow combinations in the Avengers tournament. I assume these are the people who are cheating, correct? I'm finding grinding to be a little lovely, since the tournaments are so hard.

2. Something is definitely wrong with the random chance rewards in single player. The first 2-3 times after I've completed any mission, I only get the 20 purple crystals reward. If there are 4 reward covers, it should be 25% chance for each.

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

particle409 posted:

1. So a bunch of people have level 30 Spider-Man / Thor / Original Black Widow combinations in the Avengers tournament. I assume these are the people who are cheating, correct? I'm finding grinding to be a little lovely, since the tournaments are so hard.

2. Something is definitely wrong with the random chance rewards in single player. The first 2-3 times after I've completed any mission, I only get the 20 purple crystals reward. If there are 4 reward covers, it should be 25% chance for each.

I noticed the second one myself with the Dr. Doom boss fight in the HAMMER chapter. Two rewards, 50 Hero Points each, and I cannot get the second reward no matter what I do. If it was 50% chance for the reward, 50% chance of ISO-8, I'd be fine with that, since it means I will get it sooner or later, but considering how many times I've played the drat thing, either I've got a streak of bad luck to make Vegas blush or something is amiss.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Kaboom Dragoon posted:

I noticed the second one myself with the Dr. Doom boss fight in the HAMMER chapter. Two rewards, 50 Hero Points each, and I cannot get the second reward no matter what I do. If it was 50% chance for the reward, 50% chance of ISO-8, I'd be fine with that, since it means I will get it sooner or later, but considering how many times I've played the drat thing, either I've got a streak of bad luck to make Vegas blush or something is amiss.

I played this same fight about 25 times before I got the last hero points reward.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!

particle409 posted:

1: Cheating is a strong word. (Accurate as it may well be). Since you can level up to your heart's content once you have the right powers and enough ISO / Hero Points, they may just be whales. The only difference between a moderate cheater and a pay-to-win whale is that the whale's supposed to look like that. Nod and smile and hit 'skip.'

A high level Thor isn't terribly hard once you advance enough in the storyline, as his covers start dropping and he had his own drop during the Thor tournament under Recruit Heroes. Mine is approaching 20 and could go higher if I focused on him more.

2: Yes. Sometimes the game just wants to gently caress you over.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

It's 4 reward covers, with a 25% chance of each! Some times you get the 25% you already won though! :downs:

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

College Slice
So I picked up a 2 star Magneto from recruitment. What's a good hero to go with him. Right now I only have his purple power. I'm thinking modern Black Widow, and ???

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

Thundercracker posted:

So I picked up a 2 star Magneto from recruitment. What's a good hero to go with him. Right now I only have his purple power. I'm thinking modern Black Widow, and ???
I have modern Magneto with Blue and Red powers. His purple power gets you a lot of blue iso, so I use him with classic storm, so she can use her wind powers. If I had classic spider-man I would use him instead.

Apocron
Dec 5, 2005
So yeah I'm restarting because I didn't like how I'd used covers etc. can I get some advice on what I should do. Pump up Ironman, save his covers and sell everyone except for storm and black widow?

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
Hawkeye and Juggernaut are worth selling on sight, generally speaking.

In unrelated news, I just fought Ragnarok for the first time.

:stare:

I will not be trying that again soon.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Me too in the main plot. His abilities only cost 5 and 2 ap and he has 7000 hit points. :stonk:

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
Still haven't heard from the devs on my missing Captain America so I've pretty much stopped playing. I know one card isn't make or break but it frustrates me that I got as far as I did for nothing.

particle409
Jan 15, 2008

Thou bootless clapper-clawed varlot!

delfin posted:

1: Cheating is a strong word. (Accurate as it may well be). Since you can level up to your heart's content once you have the right powers and enough ISO / Hero Points, they may just be whales. The only difference between a moderate cheater and a pay-to-win whale is that the whale's supposed to look like that. Nod and smile and hit 'skip.'

A high level Thor isn't terribly hard once you advance enough in the storyline, as his covers start dropping and he had his own drop during the Thor tournament under Recruit Heroes. Mine is approaching 20 and could go higher if I focused on him more.

2: Yes. Sometimes the game just wants to gently caress you over.

I'm confused. Are you saying people are cheating a little bit to make their characters overpowered, then just playing normally? Or are they not cheating at all? I wouldn't care that much in the pvp area, but it makes grinding too difficult, and then the single player area is too hard.

edit:
At least I figured out that heals regenerate over time. I was saving those like a silly rpg hoarder.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

particle409 posted:

I'm confused. Are you saying people are cheating a little bit to make their characters overpowered, then just playing normally? Or are they not cheating at all? I wouldn't care that much in the pvp area, but it makes grinding too difficult, and then the single player area is too hard.

edit:
At least I figured out that heals regenerate over time. I was saving those like a silly rpg hoarder.

The typical play session for me involves doing a couple worth-nothing-but-iso pvp rounds, then trying for a reward on one of the endgame missions. I try to time it so I can get a free heal from leveling a hero. Then I use my heal tokens and repeat. Then I get to choose between endlessly doing the first mission for 20 iso to level something up, or stop playing. This is generally after about 25-35 minutes, and I can't find a better way to go about things, since my spiderman doesn't have his yellow ability.

Black Bo[X]
Feb 18, 2001

particle409 posted:

1. They may have exploited the bug that allowed you to change your device's system clock to avoid waiting for their heroes to recover, but it's more likely that they're just whales. There are people that spend hundreds of dollars a month on these games.

2. Thankfully they are addressing this in the next update to streamline farming mission rewards.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!

particle409 posted:

What I mean is this: You can play the game, as most of us are, without spending a dime. You can play the game and spend money for all the heals and boosts you want. You can play the game and spend money for umpteen pulls on the recruit machine to get whatever rare covers you want, as well as to level them up quickly and for heals and boosts. None of those are cheating, but #2 and #3 will progress much faster than #1 will.

Or you can edit things on the client side so that suddenly you have a squad of complete fuckoff ubercharacters. THAT is cheating.

The teams you're describing are very daunting but at least within a semi-rational range of money expenditure. I have learned from PAD that what I call 'semi-rational' is chump change to many.

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

To go quickly is foolish. To go slowly is prudent. Not to go; that is wisdom.
This new patch thing is killing me. With my current team I'm forfeiting the good rewards in the tournament (as in Cap. America covers), but don't want to use ISO hoarded the last two days because I feel it'll be "wasted" as soon as they bump up the skill levels. 4.500 ISO to get a Lvl2 in everything Thor to lvl 5 in everything is a lot. Same deal with the Thor and Storm covers I'm holding.

And I just realised that to get that example Thor to a point where you get something "permanent" (raising him to lvl 6 everything, so when the patch comes around it gets to lvl 10 everything) costs around 18 euros. Talk about spending hundreds of dollars a month...

vulturesrow
Sep 25, 2011

Always gotta pay it forward.

New Leaf posted:

Still haven't heard from the devs on my missing Captain America so I've pretty much stopped playing. I know one card isn't make or break but it frustrates me that I got as far as I did for nothing.

I'm in the same boat.

SpclKen
Mar 13, 2006
New Goon... go easy

So where can I get details on this new patch? I have Thor that is lvl 8ish with 4 red and 2 yellow and 2 green. What will happen to him?

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

"Black Bo[X posted:

" post="420749833"]
Some big changes coming up
http://www.d3pforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=72

Looks pretty good: Easier to level up 2 & 3 star characters so people will actually use them, reducing # of covers required from 20 to 5 to get rid of the intermediate ability upgrade steps, no more escalating ability upgrade costs, daily rewards, less "20 ISO-8" rewards from farming.

On the other hand they are removing the ability to upgrade 1 star cards with ISO-8.

Here.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
Debating whom to ditch.

* Hawkeye (Modern) L1 - Red. Nothing special at first glance but I should pick up his Blue and Purple powers as the tournament continues. Plus classic purple just looks better than modern buzzcut.
* Bullseye L1 - Black L2. Seems like having both him and Hawkeye is superfluous. I don't have a source for his passive yet, but I suspect one will show up eventually.
* Bag-Man L3 - Purple L3, Blue L3. Mmmmmmaybe possible synergy with Venom eventually but will get kicked to the curb the instant I get a Spider-Man Classic. Whenever that may be. My Venom is at meh levels right now but I haven't finished harvesting the Oscorp levels.
* Another 100 Hero Points.

Currently at 11 slots, my starting eight (Thor, Iron Man, Storm Classic, Storm Modern, Widow Modern, Cap, Venom, Yellow Wolvie) aren't going anywhere.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

I'm a horrible collector and can report that at 15 slots the cost for slots goes up to 150 coins.

Cousin Todd
Jul 3, 2007
Grimey Drawer

Ghostlight posted:

I'm a horrible collector and can report that at 15 slots the cost for slots goes up to 150 coins.

And it maxes out at 40 it looks like. Don't remember how much that was.

Apocron
Dec 5, 2005
How difficult is it to edit things client side? Do people with jailbrooen phones do it or can anybody feasibly do it?

Cousin Todd
Jul 3, 2007
Grimey Drawer
Only takes a couple of minutes to figure out on android if you are rooted and have ever used a memory editor before. Dunno if they have memory editors on ios.

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

College Slice
What do we call this class of games? By that I mean Puzzles and Dragons, Defender of Textel, and even quiz master. Is there a catch-all like MOBA to describe these similiarly structured game genre?

Edit: This is my favorite one by a large margin. I really like the lack of a "stamina" timer, and instead it's solely based off of health. Also, the level up system is clear and understandable, instead of bewildering like DoT

Thundercracker fucked around with this message at 14:27 on Oct 23, 2013

Samara
Jan 6, 2011

quote:

Deposited $150 at Mt Gox to try this Bitcoin thing out.

Stolen 6 days later. Really enjoyed my time there.

Helpful? Please donate - being this retarded ain't cheap!

Samara Investments
Basement Suite #101
Mom's House, Hometown FL
USAAA+
For anyone wondering

Wiped my phone last night and had no viable backup saved. Lost all my covers and progress. Guess it was fun while it lasted.

Samara fucked around with this message at 16:07 on Oct 23, 2013

Black Bo[X]
Feb 18, 2001

Samara posted:

For anyone wondering

Wiped my phone last night and had no viable backup saved. Lost all my covers and progress. Guess it was fun while it lasted.

Apparently they can recover your account if you send them an email with your PVP id. mobilesupport@d3p.us

Edit: The new update is out.
Full patch notes:
http://www.d3pforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=118

Black Bo[X] fucked around with this message at 18:42 on Oct 23, 2013

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

vulturesrow posted:

I'm in the same boat.

Did you contact them using the in-game feedback thing, or via the Google Play "Email the developer" thing? I got nothing on the in-game app, but got a confirmation email when I just emailed the devs from my PC.

Edit: UPDATE- contacting via email is the way to go, they have already fixed the problem and tossed me some hero points for my trouble.

New Leaf fucked around with this message at 20:02 on Oct 23, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

College Slice
I wonder what the daily take on Marvel PQ is. Candy Crush was pretty eye popping, but that paled in comparison to Puzzles and Dragon's $4.9mio/day revenue

Thundercracker fucked around with this message at 20:47 on Oct 23, 2013