Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder
there should be a phased based kickstarter thing that says okay we need $2000 to do R&D and then if they get through that phase and produce something people are happy with they can initiate the next phase for whatever

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

kickstarter to get all the funds. it sits around collecting interest. if the projects succeeds it gets the original slated amounts. it loses? backers get refunded the original amount.

Proteus4994
Jan 2, 2001

Do not engage. Just tell me to go back to Kiwi Farms where I waste days upon days crying about how I wasted years upon years on SA. Did you know I was personally responsible for SA's rise in popularity in the 00's? It's true! Just come to the Farms and find out how! It's the trash kingdom I deserve.

Cryin Burnigan posted:

shouldn't they have done the feasibility study before they sought funding...

literally what i was about to say

jony ive aces
Jun 14, 2012

designer of the lomarf car

Buglord

Dead Inside Darwin posted:

oh well that explains everything
ohhhhhhhhhh

of course, to make an interactive mirror they just use an interactive mirror as one of the four parts

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

jony ive aces posted:

ohhhhhhhhhh

of course, to make an interactive mirror they just use an interactive mirror as one of the four parts

IM not an Interactive Mirror

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison
good job everyone on the last page who put more thought into this than the person who came up with the idea. self-owned.

i'd say "at least he's getting paid" but 9 backers, 6k raised, 30 days to go. rip imirror.

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

my favorite part is how lovely the photoshop job is

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

Bisty Q.
Jul 22, 2008

Nice!

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

I want a mirror that makes me look more handsome than I actually am

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

TOOT BOOT posted:

I want a mirror that makes me look more handsome than I actually am

just tape up a spread from teen beat

Dec 26, 2012

Migishu
Oct 22, 2005

I'll eat your fucking eyeballs if you're not careful

Grimey Drawer

golgo13sf posted:

my guess would be a cease and desist order.

Migishu posted:

that's mine as well

Migishu
Oct 22, 2005

I'll eat your fucking eyeballs if you're not careful

Grimey Drawer
YES THIS IS A GREAT loving IDEA I hope you all rot in hell and also hope that Nintendo fucks you over

ahmeni
May 1, 2005

It's one continuous form where hardware and software function in perfect unison, creating a new generation of iPhone that's better by any measure.
Grimey Drawer
Pledge $500 or more

5 of 5 remaining
The Power Glove Package: The CEO of Ink Whiskey, Matt Cornell, will fly to your city to hand deliver a flask of your choice and have a drink with you at your favorite bar. He'll discuss the future of Ink Whiskey and give you an opportunity to provide feedback on how you think the company should develop. [21+ only] [U.S.A. Residence only]

Est. delivery Apr 2014
Ships within the US only

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/derrickcruz/mr-smith-spinning-on-a-dizzy-edge?ref=discover_rec

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

u deserve diploma for sublime comedy expertise

ahmeni posted:

Pledge $500 or more

5 of 5 remaining
The Power Glove Package: The CEO of Ink Whiskey, Matt Cornell, will fly to your city to hand deliver a flask of your choice and have a drink with you at your favorite bar. He'll discuss the future of Ink Whiskey and give you an opportunity to provide feedback on how you think the company should develop. [21+ only] [U.S.A. Residence only]

Est. delivery Apr 2014
Ships within the US only

im thinking they forgot a 0 because lol at a $500 round trip

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

i hope he's verified that the alcohol doesn't react with the plastic or glue and poison peop...oh wait what am i saying of course not

Posting Principle
Dec 10, 2011

by Ralp
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/jaytholen/dropsy

3rd times the charm for an ~*~indie darling~*~ :siren:GOON PROJECT:siren:. this time it will definitely get funded and finished. this time is definitely different because

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

Posting Principle posted:

3rd times the charm for an ~*~indie darling~*~ :siren:GOON PROJECT:siren:. this time it will definitely get funded and finished. this time is definitely different because
Backers

$8,137
pledged of $14,000 goal

days to go

:shobon:

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

that's a scary looking clown

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

serewit posted:

that's a scary looking clown
bubt you repeat yourself :xd:

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
dropsy more like dripsy because i didn't shake my dink after taking a wee

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene

wikipedia posted:

Edema (American English) or oedema (British English) (/ɪˈdimə/; from the Greek οἴδημα—oídēma, "swelling"[1]), formerly known as dropsy or hydropsy, is an abnormal accumulation of fluid in the interstitium, which are locations beneath the skin or in one or more cavities of the body.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
is that one of those dumb gbs cyoa things

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

yes

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

the first one was for $225 and got funded but that was back in 2011. the second one was a few months ago and got about halfway to $25k

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

two hundred and twenty five dollars, to make a game

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010
is the ink whiskey guy gonna use old cartridges for the flasks? If so, why does he need 12 000 dollars up front? predicted legal costs?

jony ive aces
Jun 14, 2012

designer of the lomarf car

Buglord

third time worked for ian :allears:

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

doobie's having a meltdown:

For the first time since I started this project I'm feeling like it's not going to happen... It's the curse of the vent hood again.... Not only did it take a lot of my funds to buy it .. Now it's got to be installed ... I don't think I can do it myself..,I called an installer .. It cost more to install than to buy it.. This is ridiculous .. If I don't get this loan that I'm fixing to try for, I could be over before it got started... No need to respond just wanted to say what was on my mind... Having anxiety attach or something... Can barely catch my breath

how the gently caress was this idiot ever going to run a business if he can't get a hot dog stand running with almost $20k in free capital

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]

Werthog 95 posted:

two hundred and twenty five dollars, to make a game

Nelson MandEULA
Feb 27, 2011

"...the biggest shitbag
I have ever met."

:wink:
:wmwink:

Base Emitter
Apr 1, 2012

?

quote:

Dropsy is an open world adventure game with an emphasis on surreal atmospheric elements and environmental storytelling. It extracts the humor and rich narratives from classic adventure games and places them into a unique exploration based framework. You guide Dropsy, a perpetually carefree clown (ex-clown to be precise) through a richly detailed world full of colorful characters and sinister secrets.

Dropsy subverts the traditional tendency of game protagonists to be destructive forces in the world. Instead of slaying enemies, Dropsy's innocence and kindness act as a catalyst for redemption. Dropsy doesn't recognize anyone as his enemy, and will lovingly embrace them whether they like it or not.

Though its roots are in the point-and-click titles of old, Dropsy is an almost entirely text-free experience. There are still colorful characters to communicate with, but the dialogue is handled visually rather than linguistically.

This helps emphasize another theme central to the game, a sense of not belonging. Players may not always understand what a character is trying to communicate, resulting in assumptions based on how they interpret the visual symbols. This came as a way to deal with the fact that Dropsy cannot speak, and has become one of its most unique aspects. It also gives the game a universal appeal as people who speak any language can enjoy it fully.

goon project

Nelson MandEULA
Feb 27, 2011

"...the biggest shitbag
I have ever met."

flyboi posted:

it depends what kind of storage array you're working with as each have their own optimizations but i was giving a tl;dr which is true for object-based sds

anyways back to terrible kickstarters
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/interwave/dark-matter-1?ref=live

this game failed its campaign and the devs ran out of money so RELEASE IT ANYWAYS!!!
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=700177

and the fantastic ending
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eTPS_GGhMqk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YUXjoInekU4

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

holy poo poo

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

Bisty Q.
Jul 22, 2008

TOOT BOOT posted:

anxiety attach

:laugh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

I think he was supposed to get a vent hood for free too, only he didn't bother verifying it actually existed and/or was appropriate for what he wanted to do

• Locked thread