Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ritorix
Jul 22, 2007

Vancian Roulette
Just upgraded from Wave3 to Wave2 to Early Bird. Looks like a few of them shifted out to $1 options.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

I realize I complain about the expansions, but there's 59 hours left and I count seven empty slots on the expansions. So even if people dump piles of money in these last days, that's seven wasted stretch goals I'm not eligible for and don't care about about. So unless some rad add-ons appear that I $100 want, I'm either dropping to $1 or waiting until retail.

And seriously - what's the point of fleshing out the expansions if their goals aren't met? Every expansion reveal now has a silent "*We were including this no matter what" because maybe the numbers look better if Reaper doesn't upgrade the Core.

Spamius
Mar 17, 2009

krushgroove posted:

If there's anyone in the UK getting an order and wants to split/share stuff, let me or SpaceInvader know - I was going to place the bulk of the order and share some of the shipping costs, but if I do pull out I don't want to leave him in a lurch.

I'm happy to consolidate my order if anyone else in the UK wants in - got a wave 2 $100 pledge on the go.

Ravendas
Sep 29, 2001

moths posted:

I realize I complain about the expansions, but there's 59 hours left and I count seven empty slots on the expansions. So even if people dump piles of money in these last days, that's seven wasted stretch goals I'm not eligible for and don't care about about. So unless some rad add-ons appear that I $100 want, I'm either dropping to $1 or waiting until retail.

And seriously - what's the point of fleshing out the expansions if their goals aren't met? Every expansion reveal now has a silent "*We were including this no matter what" because maybe the numbers look better if Reaper doesn't upgrade the Core.

They didn't update the main expansion pictures yet. They just went back and halved the number of expansion reveals necessary, so each update shows double. They're capable of changing things mid-stride, as they already did a similar thing two weeks ago. They'll get filled out with fewer goals now.

neonchameleon
Nov 14, 2012

Bad Munki posted:

I really don't think a translucent cast would do it service. Although, has anyone tried painting the translucent stuff? Does it take paint like regular bonesium? Because I could imagine some cool effects from painting it like normal and leaving parts of the translucent material exposed. Possibly lighting from the inside as well, but I'm that guy that wants to put lights in every translucent bones mini ever.

Translucent rocks much much harder with paint. If you look at the translucent skeleton mass from Bones 1 it's awful on its own - just shapeless. Throw a green wash over it (both bright and dark green work) and the details suddenly start to get picked out. Then paint the skeletons just a simple bone with a black wash (some might be hard to find) and you have solid skeletons rising from a translucent green eldrich fire - and it's spectacular.

neonchameleon
Nov 14, 2012

JackMann posted:

You will, Moths. Reaper's treating it mostly as a "You will pledge at least a hundred dollars if you get this level," and "You will pledge at least one dollar for this level."

Core set's not a bad deal if you like the minis, but as someone on the Reaper boards said, "If you only like ten percent of the minis, that's $6.66 per mini you like, rather than $0.66." I like most of 'em, so I'll be getting at least one core set, but I can definitely sympathize if most of 'em aren't your cup of tea. Especially if you're an international backer.

Right now I think I'm still in - but I'm on the fence despite my early bird pledge. I'm currently at $100 - which means I need to pay for international shipping. Potential upgrades if I stay in are the Kraken, the Old One, the Water Elementals (I love the translucents) and possibly even Expansion 2 if it fills out fully.

Oh, and picking up the TARDIS and the cultists when they come out in the shops.

Paolomania
Apr 26, 2006

I'm definitely not in on expansion 3. I was hoping for a pile of Zerganids and other xeno-bugs to match the pile of IMEF marines from Bones I, but greys and "Camp Attacks!" not so much. I'm on the fence for expansion 2 - the minis are nice but I don't see myself putting the mounted units or angelics to practical use and the guards don't justify $50. I'm definitely in on expansion 1 as it has alot I can see putting on the table.

Flip Yr Wig
Feb 21, 2007

Oh please do go on
Fun Shoe
Huh. I'll be finishing up grad school right around the time these ship, and I'll probably be looking for something fun and stupid to sink my time into. Why not get in on this?

Edit:
So if I've made the $1 pledge, but I decide I want the full core package, at what point do I need to make the change to the core set?

Flip Yr Wig fucked around with this message at 17:08 on Oct 24, 2013

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!

Bucnasti posted:

Yeah i was pretty excited for a sci-fi themed set but now, not so much. Hopefully I can buy the shipping container and tardis by themselves later.

They will be available for retail sale, the only worry is what they will want to charge.

Ravendas posted:

They didn't update the main expansion pictures yet. They just went back and halved the number of expansion reveals necessary, so each update shows double. They're capable of changing things mid-stride, as they already did a similar thing two weeks ago. They'll get filled out with fewer goals now.

If they clip the Expansions short then they are absolutely not worth $50.

It will be amazing to see the bump when the 48 hour notices go out. And I can't wait for the final dissection of this KS once it has finished.

KiloVictorDongs
Apr 12, 2007
SOME PIG
Yeah, I didn't get in on the last one, so I'll probably stick this one out (I'd like to start playing more DnD with my friends, so I'm looking for tons of minis). That said, if you were a Bones 1 kickstarter I'm not really sure why you'd back this one at the core level. Maybe you want to pick up a few models here and there, but I can't imagine that anybody finished painting their bones 1 minis yet.

lilljonas
May 6, 2007

We got crabs? We got crabs!

KiloVictorDongs posted:

Yeah, I didn't get in on the last one, so I'll probably stick this one out (I'd like to start playing more DnD with my friends, so I'm looking for tons of minis). That said, if you were a Bones 1 kickstarter I'm not really sure why you'd back this one at the core level. Maybe you want to pick up a few models here and there, but I can't imagine that anybody finished painting their bones 1 minis yet.

This. One core, no matter if it is Bones 1 or 2, is awesome for getting a big bulk of random minis to paint and play with. So if I had missed out Bones 1, I'd definitely get the core for this. But now I have the Bones 1 core, and I have only painted like 10% of it, so I'm going to get a few items from the core, some addons and maybe expansion 1. That way the total cost including international shipping will be relatively low ($40-50), and I'll get some new stuff in a year to add to the Bones that I've painted up by then.

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

Look at you guys, thinking about painting stuff before buying anything more. I have miniatures I bought in the mid 1990s I haven't painted yet, you won't see that slow me down!

Kerzoro
Jun 26, 2010

Look at it this way: you have a year to paint! :D

The new bonus is neat. I do wonder if its supposed to be Not-A-Bulette-Really... does Wizards own the Bulette?

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
That burrowing horror might be the first trick card I'm actually excited to see.

Ravendas
Sep 29, 2001

Indolent Bastard posted:

If they clip the Expansions short then they are absolutely not worth $50.

Except I didn't say that?

I said they're combining the unlocks together. So instead of 4 unlocks of 5 items each, it's 2 unlocks of 10 items each (or whatever numbers). Same amount of things getting unlocked faster. The expansions are all getting filled out.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

Ravendas posted:

Except I didn't say that?

I said they're combining the unlocks together. So instead of 4 unlocks of 5 items each, it's 2 unlocks of 10 items each (or whatever numbers). Same amount of things getting unlocked faster. The expansions are all getting filled out.

Ah, I misunderstood.

Ravendas
Sep 29, 2001

Trick card, aka a free random unlock, popped up. An actual addition to the core, a not-bulette.

Trying to figure out if that's a not-yet-finished model, as it looks unfinished.

Edit: What I mean, is that the shell, head, underbelly, everything looks great, then X's all over the untextured legs.

Ravendas fucked around with this message at 18:18 on Oct 24, 2013

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

I would assume that it's done or close to done, when they didn't have a finished piece before they have posted the concept art instead (like the Great Mother thing).

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

Ravendas posted:

Trick card, aka a free random unlock, popped up. An actual addition to the core, a not-bulette.

Trying to figure out if that's a not-yet-finished model, as it looks unfinished.

Edit: What I mean, is that the shell, head, underbelly, everything looks great, then X's all over the untextured legs.

It's wearing quilted leg warmers, duh.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Ashcans posted:

Look at you guys, thinking about painting stuff before buying anything more. I have miniatures I bought in the mid 1990s I haven't painted yet, you won't see that slow me down!

This is me, too. Except I also have miniatures my friend bought in the late 1970s and throughout the 80s that aren't painted yet, as well.

The bulette is the first thing added to the core set in like nearly two weeks that I actually like. I'm out for expansion 3 for sure, and I'm on the fence about 2. I'm pledged for nearly $300 at this point, so I may need to go back and re-evaluate several of my add-ons. Do I really need three hundred dollars more worth of Bones?

SinetheGuy posted:

Huh. I'll be finishing up grad school right around the time these ship, and I'll probably be looking for something fun and stupid to sink my time into. Why not get in on this?

Edit:
So if I've made the $1 pledge, but I decide I want the full core package, at what point do I need to make the change to the core set?

You don't have to change at all. You can just add $100 to your $1 pledge, and then in the pledge manager, select a core set for $100.

Ravendas
Sep 29, 2001

What Leper said. The $1 pledge level just means it's a pledge of at least $1. $100 pledge level is of at least $100. It doesn't matter which one you use if you're spending $100 or more, it's just that the $100 pledge levels are usually of an earlier wave.

I asked a Reaper guy about it in the comments:

@Reaperdude
A frequent question in here, with the $1 pledge, what can they tack onto that?
Core set for $100?
Just an expansion for $50?
Pieces of the core set, without the coreset itself?
All of the above?

@Ravendas - All and any of the Above. Likewise, the $100 level does not strictly speaking require you to get the $100 Core Set - you could choose to get $100 in Options, Extras, Expansions, etc. and ignore the Core Set as a whole.

Flip Yr Wig
Feb 21, 2007

Oh please do go on
Fun Shoe
So it's all a la carte, cool. The one other question is about the date for adjusting, which there seems to be conflicting directions about.

quote:

You will have until midnight CST December 31st 2013 to be able to adjust your pledge up if you want to add something you missed.

After the conclusion of our Kickstarter on October 26th 2013, you will not be able to lower your pledge!

After October 26th 2013, once you "Lock-In" your pledge in our Pledge Calculator you will no longer be able to make adjustments.

The first and third lines seem to contradict each other. Is there something I'm missing?

Edit:
Thanks! This way I can fit it into a sensible budget timeframe (obviously not since I'm buying over $100 of miniatures, but whatever.)

Flip Yr Wig fucked around with this message at 19:13 on Oct 24, 2013

Kerzoro
Jun 26, 2010

I think it means "once you have made your final choice you can no longer change it"

Ravendas
Sep 29, 2001

SinetheGuy posted:

So it's all a la carte, cool. The one other question is about the date for adjusting, which there seems to be conflicting directions about.

The first and third lines seem to contradict each other. Is there something I'm missing?

You can adjust it all you want, and but as soon as you hit the "Lock" or "Submit" or "Yes, This is my final order" button, whatever it is, it locks it in and that's that.

But up until you hit that button, you can move the numbers around.

senrath
Nov 4, 2009

Look Professor, a destruct switch!

Leperflesh posted:

Do I really need three hundred dollars more worth of Bones?

I believe the answer you are looking for is "Yes, of course."

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

nm

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

Kerzoro posted:

does Wizards own the Bulette?

Nope. Dunno why Reaper doesn't just call it a Bulette except perhaps that "burrowing horror" is a more generic name so it can be sold to people who don't play D&D/Pathfinder more easily.

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008
So the thing which we got a peak of in the first model showcase video at the end is still to come right? Looked like something mounted on a big piece of terrain.

Stephenls
Feb 21, 2013
[REDACTED]

Gough Suppressant posted:

So the thing which we got a peak of in the first model showcase video at the end is still to come right? Looked like something mounted on a big piece of terrain.

Looked to me like a big dragon on a piece of integrated terrain, designed to be used by itself like the other Reaper dragons on integrated terrain (f'rex, Narthrax is on a rocky outcrop)... except there's a big circular ruined tower accompaniment, made so that you can slot the dragon into it and its integrated terrain will complete the tower's "floor" and its wings and body will fit into the gap left by the, uh, ruination. (Actually it looks like the tower is made of three parts that can be used separately or together.)

Wonder if they'll be separate stretch goals or separate purchase options. Looks really handy in any case.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!

Zurai posted:

Nope. Dunno why Reaper doesn't just call it a Bulette except perhaps that "burrowing horror" is a more generic name so it can be sold to people who don't play D&D/Pathfinder more easily.

Presumably the same reason they don't use any of the OGL names even when they could (rust monsters for instance). I'd take a guess at it being because they don't want to risk it - look, for instance, at the whole snafu with Rusty & Co - WotC C&D'd the creator, despite him having done absolutely nothing wrong, and probably would have forced him to stop doing his entirely legitimate and cool project had he not got lucky finding a good lawyer who would (apparently) work pro bono. That poo poo isn't worth the risk of using the real names for things when it's perfectly obvious from their appearance what they are to anyone who actually cares. Because the D&D wing of WotC are fuckwits who wouldn't know good PR if you slapped them with it.

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Plaguing your posts with incidental music.

thespaceinvader posted:

Presumably the same reason they don't use any of the OGL names even when they could (rust monsters for instance). I'd take a guess at it being because they don't want to risk it - look, for instance, at the whole snafu with Rusty & Co - WotC C&D'd the creator, despite him having done absolutely nothing wrong, and probably would have forced him to stop doing his entirely legitimate and cool project had he not got lucky finding a good lawyer who would (apparently) work pro bono. That poo poo isn't worth the risk of using the real names for things when it's perfectly obvious from their appearance what they are to anyone who actually cares. Because the D&D wing of WotC are fuckwits who wouldn't know good PR if you slapped them with it.

Going by how a character name changed afterwards, I wonder how much of that issue came from the snakegirl formerly known as Yuan-Tiffany, because yuan-ti are 'product identity'.

gtrmp
Sep 29, 2008

Oba-Ma... Oba-Ma! Oba-Ma, aasha deh!
I can only hope that the reason that Reaper hasn't been adding minis to the core set lately is that they're running up against the maximum amount they can squeeze into the core set's box, and not that they grossly overestimated just how readily people would be buying in on the expansion sets sight unseen. I mean, the core set is definitely the biggest draw for this Kickstarter, and they've only added eight minis to it in the past two week - and two of those were promotional. Meanwhile, half of the second expansion set still hasn't been added to it, and we're in the final 48 hours here!

gtrmp
Sep 29, 2008

Oba-Ma... Oba-Ma! Oba-Ma, aasha deh!
And as soon as I post that, another pair of minis get added to the core set - two standard-human-size minis, which does lend a little more credence to the "running out of space in the box" notion.

Stephenls
Feb 21, 2013
[REDACTED]
And another trick card core set addition -- two barbarians, one of whom needs to find half a bra.

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

Stephenls posted:

And another trick card core set addition -- two barbarians, one of whom needs to find half a bra.

Female barbarian going straight into garbage. What the Christ Reaper?

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

djfooboo posted:

What if one of the male's balls was poking out from under his loincloth? I feel like that'd be pretty easy to greenstuff in, and then they'd make a perfectly reasonable matching set.

Weirdo
Jul 22, 2004

I stay up late :coffee:

Grimey Drawer

djfooboo posted:

Some vocal fans have been clamoring for nude models to make sure the 'feminists' don't 'win'.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

Booberella may be a new sculpt. I tried to find her on the Reaper site to see it painted up and see if someone gave it a modesty upgrade via that paint job, but no dice. So reaper (creeper?) miniatures has gone above and beyond to give you a new model that you'd be ashamed to use on the gaming table.

I still like the company, but if they could tone down the dragons and casual misogyny, I'd like them a whole lot more.

Weirdo posted:

Some vocal fans have been clamoring for nude models to make sure the 'feminists' don't 'win'.

Which is confusing as they removed the nude female sacrifice from the dungeon dressing last time and the cultist victim is removed this time. Perhaps women can only be nude if they are acting as strong nude rolemodels.

e: None of the last few add-ons to the core make me regret dropping it.

Indolent Bastard fucked around with this message at 04:02 on Oct 25, 2013

Weirdo
Jul 22, 2004

I stay up late :coffee:

Grimey Drawer

Indolent Bastard posted:

Which is confusing as they removed the nude female sacrifice from the dungeon dressing last time and the cultist victim is removed this time. Perhaps women can only be nude if they are acting as strong nude rolemodels.

:arghfist::qq: ugh censorship feminazis!!

The core set last time had a topless succubus and tiefling, right? I know the large drider was also topless but I can't think of any others.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

djfooboo posted:

What the Christ Reaper?

Half the fans wanted a chainmail bikini. The other half found that repugnant. This is a ...compromise? :downs:

• Locked thread