Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

That Bears jacket actually comes with Rashaan Salaam.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

MissileWaster posted:

Oh man, check out these Starter Jackets :fap:

No Cowboys, but man these jackets are slick, tight, rad, and other synonyms for "cool" from the 90's.

If only I had a spare $150 to burn.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
That Dolphins jacket is sweet but I would only pay about half that for one.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
Some teams have uniforms that just mesh well.

More Bills V Bengals please.

horseblow.avi
Jul 10, 2004

NEEEEIGHHHHH!
So this is going to be a new thing next season:

http://elitedaily.com/sports/arizonas-new-facemask-logos-will-be-the-toughest-thing-in-college-football-next-season/

:barf:

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

What's supposed to be special about them?

Drunk Canuck
Jan 9, 2010

Robots ruin all the fun of a good adventure.

That is amazing in every single way possible.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Those are awesome, though Oregon's is going to look like some proto-Human Centipede.

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?
Dude Toussaint you gotta know the Bengals uniforms are terrible.

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS

Rap posted:

For real but he LOVES them.

JesustheDarkLord
May 22, 2006

#VolsDeep
Lipstick Apathy

Rap posted:

Laffo

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008

Rap posted:

Helmets are cool though

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Rap posted:

It's OK Rap I know you're just the product of your environment.

schweens
Jan 14, 2011

kakarot ain't got shit on me

Pistol Packin Poet posted:

check out next year's pro bowl uniforms! They look like poo poo

Source: http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2013/10/8/4815974/nfl-pro-bowl-uniform-changes

I'm all for doing new things with the pro bowl uniforms but these are so lazy. Boooooo

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?
The leg stripe with patented knee curve and drop shadow numbers....good god

KettleWL
Dec 28, 2010
The bengals uniforms are dope as football uniforms, but pretty awful when not on the field. I mean i get that theyre not anywhere close to a classic refined look, but they actually look right when worn with pads and a helmet. And awful in any other occasion.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer

KettleWL posted:

The bengals uniforms are dope as football uniforms, but pretty awful when not on the field. I mean i get that theyre not anywhere close to a classic refined look, but they actually look right when worn with pads and a helmet. And awful in any other occasion.

Yup. I would be happier with a less garish # font, yeah, but they're football uniforms. They're designed to be iconic and look good in motion. Show the falcons uniform to a casual fan and they will need to squint to tell you which team they are. Show a Bengals jersey and you don't have that problem. As a fashion statement you look like you ride the short bus to work. As a uniform they're great. As a fashion statement the Giants uniform looks pretty drat good. As a uniform, well, be glad NFC:E teams get so many prime-time games or no one would know who the gently caress they were.

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?
whatever you guys need to tell yourselves

Spintzel
Dec 31, 2007

Distractions makes it better when ya take up the ENTIRE ROAD

Eifert Posting posted:

Yup. I would be happier with a less garish # font, yeah, but they're football uniforms. They're designed to be iconic and look good in motion. Show the falcons uniform to a casual fan and they will need to squint to tell you which team they are. Show a Bengals jersey and you don't have that problem. As a fashion statement you look like you ride the short bus to work. As a uniform they're great. As a fashion statement the Giants uniform looks pretty drat good. As a uniform, well, be glad NFC:E teams get so many prime-time games or no one would know who the gently caress they were.

Yeah but you can tell what team it is because it's printed right there on the front

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
The NFL is now selling retired players jerseys http://www.nflshop.com/Retired_Players_Gear?ab=bm-nflcms-hp-CenterGrid-RetiredPlayersGear-10.18

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Finally. This is the best idea because so many people are scared to buy a jersey in fear of the player leaving or more likely sucking.

Edit: If I didn't hate Atlanta so much I'd buy that black Deion Sanders jersey. So pretty.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

Not a single Browns jersey. Not even Jim Brown. I was hoping for a Kosar jersey.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

I don't want a jersey but I want this :coal: t shirt

Voodoo
Jun 3, 2003

m2sbr what

Ehud posted:

I don't want a jersey but I want this :coal: t shirt

This shirt needs more Dolphins logos.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

Voodoo posted:

This shirt needs more Dolphins logos.

You can't see the one on the back

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Those aren't even the right Dolphins logos, would not buy

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Hockles posted:

Not a single Browns jersey. Not even Jim Brown. I was hoping for a Kosar jersey.

Just cut the "Al" off the current one.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

Eifert Posting posted:

Just cut the "Al" off the current one.

The stripes are different since they came back :colbert:

HarlanHell
Nov 16, 2012

Nevermind that shit here comes Mingo!

Hockles posted:

The stripes are different since they came back :colbert:

Come on man! If you're going to get a Jim Brown jersey you gotta go all the way and get the old school long sleeved version.

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?
gently caress Jim Brown that self-satisfied woman-beating piece of poo poo

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?
also a delusional fuckin quitter. Hey cool starring roles in Hollywood jackass. He's Lebron James 1.0 except Lebron doesn't abuse women

sildenafil
Dec 17, 2004

They're just jealous.

It doesn't look like they have women's sizes yet... :(

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

They're also selling signed memorabilia so you can buy a signed picture of Larry Csonka and make as many The Final Sacrifice jokes as your heart can bear.

Conelrad
Mar 22, 2004

Everything will be fine
Grimey Drawer
Well I rolled the dice and ordered a Rodgers ACME Packers jersey from that cheapnflwholesales.com site listed earlier. I was a bit worried as the order confirmation button on their site seemed broken but it came 12 days after ordering. Overall it seems like a decent replica and the colors and font match my Jennings ACME jersey pretty well. Only downside were a couple of long stitches in the neck area but I trimmed down. The real downside is almost every Packer (Favre, Jennings) I get a jersey of eventually goes to Minnesota, sorry Rodgers!

FYI...These had the Nike logo vs Reebok plastered on them.

Conelrad fucked around with this message at 08:16 on Oct 27, 2013

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
FYI, some of these sites have been getting their domains seized recently. I'm sure they'll just pop back up under a different name, but be aware.

Bliggers-
Dec 1, 2006
Back in business

Wait a minute, did the NFL really JUST NOW start selling retired players jerseys? Like, this was a thing? Were teams not allowed to sell their own former players jerseys too? I'm honestly shocked that they would turn down any opportunity to make money.

I would like to also note that nearly every single vintage jersey on that page is much better than the respective team's current jerseys.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
No, they've been selling the Mitchell & Ness throwbacks for at least five or six years, if not much longer. However, it was only fairly recently (I think this season/offseason) that they started with the less expensive replica jerseys, such as this $140 Phil Simms jersey compared to the $250 authentic jersey they've been offering for as long as I can remember. Also, IIRC, in the past NFLShop had them slightly marked up compared the to Mitchell & Ness site, but now they seem to have the same prices.

However, I think the idea of selling current pattern uniforms for retired players, such as this Dan Fouts one, is new, and neither site has the older Mitchell & Ness Authentic one, but I think in some cases they only make certain jerseys for a few years, or simply stop making some after a while, or something along those lines.

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men

MissileWaster posted:

Oh man, check out these Starter Jackets :fap:

No Cowboys, but man these jackets are slick, tight, rad, and other synonyms for "cool" from the 90's.

I get in two separate fights with wannabe gangbangers trying to jack my Dolphin's Starter jacket in the 90's. I don't blame them though, it was black and boss as hell.

Catfish Stevens
Jul 9, 2001

WHO DAT? Who gives a damn?

C. Everett Koop posted:

FYI, some of these sites have been getting their domains seized recently. I'm sure they'll just pop back up under a different name, but be aware.

I just got a few Saints from yukijersey.com and was so impressed with the quality I was going to place another order. Looks like it was taken down :(.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comfortador
Jul 31, 2003

Just give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have.

Wait...wait.

I worry what you just heard was...
"Give me a lot of b4con_n_3ggs."

What I said was...
"Give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have"

...Do you understand?

Catfish Stevens posted:

I just got a few Saints from yukijersey.com and was so impressed with the quality I was going to place another order. Looks like it was taken down :(.

So which ones are still active with quality stuff?

• Locked thread