Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ColonelJohnMatrix
Jun 24, 2006

Because all fucking hell is going to break loose

So do Dave and HHH have a legit beef with each other? Dave really likes getting his digs in when he can(and it's hilarious), all the while HHH obviously is aware that Meltzer talks poo poo on him and has his own little rebuttals(the whole B+ thing). I love it when Meltzer REALLY turns the screws on HHH, like tearing apart that whole Grantland piece.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

I always just assumed it's Dave being protective of his business.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

OSWReview are on hiatus until mid-November at the earliest, but as way of apology, they're trying to get every episode on one channel.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

ColonelJohnMatrix posted:

So do Dave and HHH have a legit beef with each other? Dave really likes getting his digs in when he can(and it's hilarious), all the while HHH obviously is aware that Meltzer talks poo poo on him and has his own little rebuttals(the whole B+ thing). I love it when Meltzer REALLY turns the screws on HHH, like tearing apart that whole Grantland piece.

Triple H has a beef with dirt sheets, and is a pro bullshit artist and politician. And Dave is a guy whose main job is shooting down bullshit artists and ratting on politicians. Go figure, hey.

I don't think he doesn't think Triple H was a star, could wrestle etc, he just makes fun of him acting like hot poo poo when he held people down and had a million chances before he made it and he never gives other people the same chances, and he doesn't believe that putting people over is a thing except he became a star after Foley put him over in every match and promo for three months etc etc etc.

Also - Gun-ner. :lol:

edit: Also, Lagana is a hack, I get that he may be Bryan's friend and everything but c'mon...

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

LordPants posted:

edit: Also, Lagana is a hack, I get that he may be Bryan's friend and everything but c'mon...
Terrible basis for a friendship. If anything, he should be even tougher on Lagana for his crappy booking and "Bischoff has final say" is no excuse to let it slide.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
Isn't it not just that Lagana is a friend to Bryan, but he's a source? Wasn't he the dude that was fired from WWE because he was leaking info, and is more than likely still leaking info from TNA?

I can understand Bryan not wanting to bury one of his sources the way he buried Russo. And really, the current TNA product isn't Ruuso bad... it's just boring and incompetent.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

triplexpac posted:

Isn't it not just that Lagana is a friend to Bryan, but he's a source? Wasn't he the dude that was fired from WWE because he was leaking info, and is more than likely still leaking info from TNA?

I can understand Bryan not wanting to bury one of his sources the way he buried Russo. And really, the current TNA product isn't Ruuso bad... it's just boring and incompetent.

He's buried TNA's booking pretty heavily in the last year, and the whole argument was basically a burial. Bryan is horrified by the idea of doing that match on Thursday. He even made fun of it on the board.

Karmine
Oct 23, 2003

If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine.
Basically, the lesson here is that, while Bryan and Dave are both just fine at hosting podcasts, their respective personalities are such that they probably shouldn't host one together.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

Karmine posted:

Basically, the lesson here is that, while Bryan and Dave are both just fine at hosting podcasts, their respective personalities are such that they probably shouldn't host one together.

No they should host podcasts together forever!!

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

The lesson here is that TNA ruins everything

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values

Karmine posted:

No way. I love that they've been hosting together for years and should understand the other guy's tendencies and mindset and how to avoid such arguments, but they're both so stuck in their own bubbles that they can't resist.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Vince hosed up and posted the wrong back issue this week so we're getting two. The other issue is the first Hall of Fame issue. It is apparently extremely large!

Meat Recital
Mar 26, 2009

by zen death robot
I dont know if HHH and Dave have beef, but IIRC Dave absolutely loves HHH matches and loves him as a worker.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

just on a recent podcast Meltzer said that Triple H was "a world-class wrestler" so yeah, if there's anything he has against him, it's the politicking and burying guys, but he still recognizes his ability and absolutely gives him that credit.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Their non-understanding of how video games work this week was hilarious.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

:goonsay: note from last week's Bryan and Vinny.
The guy in the Jabba costume has Princess Leia attached to his chest and not Salacious Crumb.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

RBX posted:

Their non-understanding of how video games work this week was hilarious.

Vinny's the only guy on the site who actually plays games to any extent. Including him making it blatantly clear that he plays the recent Transformers games due to his analogy for the Shield vs Everyone gauntlet being akin to Escalation mode (which is basically the TF games' version of Horde mode from GoW)

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CxbGjaYmg4I

That's the aforementioned match that may pique your interest from the Observer Radio.

edit: And yeah, spoiler, Mid-South is still really good. Hyper kayfabe too, which is awesome.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Billy and Kevin from the Attitude Era Podcast are recording a bonus episode.

It's the Wrestlemania Rage Party.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

MassRafTer posted:

Vince hosed up and posted the wrong back issue this week so we're getting two. The other issue is the first Hall of Fame issue. It is apparently extremely large!

Still more "Steve Austin is getting over as a babyface" from Dave. And Flex Kavanna or Cabana or whatever had another try out in lieu of his Survivor Series debut.

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

Big Dave posted:

"If any of those guys had been the face of WWE, we’d all be working for Ted Turner right now." Actually if HHH was pushed as the top star and Austin and Rock weren’t around, and Bischoff had a modicum of a clue of being able to see the future and plan for it and knowing when to pull the plug on guys whose shelf lives were over and have guys ready to follow, that would have been the outcome as well.

Could have been a bit punchier, but still, yowch!

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Wresltehut Pisscast Episode 3: Please don't sue us Hulka Mattenbook!!

The Pisscast is proud to bring on it's first guest, and it's just what we need to finally win the war against the Punchsport Podcast that they didn't know they were fighting. We cover a lot of ground this week from Raw, to Bound for Glory, and even Wrestlemania 4. We play a game, have some laughs, answer more of your inane questions, and finally discover the truth of Hulkamatt's Milk Secrets. Who is the third man? Who is Chico? Which Pisscaster looks best in a fedora? Find out on this week's edition of The Wrestlehut Pisscast!

Remember last week when we said the shows probably wouldn't get any longer? WE LIED.

Please continue to tweet us your questions/comments/suggestions at @KarmineSA, @Manflurry, and @Oatgan. If you have questions or comments longer than 140 character I have DM's here on SA.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/p664t8sf6ob028a/003+Wrestlehut+Pisscast+20131023.mp3

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

Haha what the gently caress is this.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

NO!!!!!!!!!!

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
From ecstasy to agony in one minute.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

WE'RE ON ITUNES

https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/wrestlehut-pisscast/id730677201?mt=2

Lloyd Van Buren
Feb 19, 2010

FESTIVE PEOPLE!
That seems like A Bad Idea to me.

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END

Lloyd Van Buren posted:

That seems like A Bad Idea to me.

How dare you.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

I'll say I'm 35 min in and I am cackling at the TNA talk.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Why is your voice so deep? I always expected your voice to be an Anime schoolgirl screaming about boys high.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Gonzo McFee posted:

Why is your voice so deep? I always expected your voice to be an Anime schoolgirl screaming about boys high.

A whole lot of steroids

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END

Gonzo McFee posted:

I'm sorry for letting everyone down. :(

Pretend I'm oatgan.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Gonzo McFee posted:

We need to hit all the target demos so if any anime ladies want on the show send us your resume or w/e

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Gonzo McFee posted:

It could be worse Oatgan sounds like that JonTron guy.

BlueArmyMan
Mar 30, 2007
Hooloovoo

Now you have my attention

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

oatgan posted:

We need to hit all the target demos so if any anime ladies want on the show send us your resume or w/e

I'll pass

Sticky Nate
Jan 9, 2012

oatgan posted:

I've got some soothing anime tones. I'll be the Horace to your Hulk.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Kung Fu Grip, you sold out :smith:

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Pingpong Podcast: What moves do you think should stop being used as transitional moves and only be used as finishers?

Also I listened to the new Pisscast right after the new 10 Count. Hearing KFG on both felt like that time Rick Rude appeared on Raw and Nitro in the same night.

NienNunb fucked around with this message at 02:47 on Oct 25, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Confirmed that the Pisscast works if you search it in Pocket Casts, which is the app I use for paaaaaahdcasts in Android. pissssssssss

NienNunb posted:

Also I listened to the new Pisscast right after the new 10 Count. Hearing KFG on both felt like that time Rick Rude appeared on Raw and Nitro in the same night.

Thanks for spoiling the Third Man, Bobby Heenan, unless this is a swerve and it's actually sunsweet

• Locked thread